Status
Not open for further replies.
“Sorry little guy,” Bob replied to Kirby. “You’ll have to figure out the bathroom business before the trip, considering it’s so far away!”

“Hey!” Mika shouted at Kirby. “Don’t make it sound weird!” She then turned towards Bob. “So the turtle guy upstairs can help me out?”

“Like I said he might have an idea, but that’s about it.”
He shrugged which only caused Mika to become more frustrated.

“Well…fine!” She started to make her way back up the stairs before turning around. “I-Is anyone going to help me out?

“On the house!” Bob exclaimed to Yurick. “Well, everyone gets one! If you’re going to help then that’s the least I can provide!”

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

"Then I'll just take a glass of whatever ale you have." Yurick replied.

"Fine! A lot of help you guys are! Come on Kirby! At least someone here's helpful. AND STOP SAYING IT LIKE THAT!" As Mika stomped up the stairs with Kirby Bob turned to talk with Akihiko and Goroh.

"So just water for you? Come on man! Nothing else, not even a lemonade?" Since Goroh didn't specify what he wanted Bob ended up pouring him a pint of beer. "Catch!" He pushed it down the counter towards the space pirate before continuing his talk with Akihiko.

"You got a guess huh? I got to say it's pretty weird seeing a big group like yours pass by this place. I don't know how the world looks but it feels like we're a bit away from everything you know?"
He leaned in still with that goofy smile. "You can tell me, I'm good at keeping secrets!"

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

Meanwhile, Mika and Kirby had made their way back up to the reception. "Hey, guy!" Mika said to try and get the Turtlez attention. "I really need to use the bathroom and the bartender said you had the key!"

"Oh the keyz, the keyz..." The Turtles stroked his chin trying to remember. "That's right! I threw it into the safe!" He motioned behind the counter to a small safe sitting on the floor.

"Why did you do that?!" Mika did not look like she was having a good time.

"I've forgotz anyway let me get it outta there." Try as he might though the Turtlez didn't seem to remember the combination. "Huh..."

"Huh?! That the only thing you can say? Huh??"

"Now now no worries I wrote it down on diz piece of paper see?" Going through the cupboard he finally revealed a sliver of paper with something written on it.

--> L <-- I <-- F <-- E

"...Not that I know what anythin' of this means..."

@Lucky

Yurick watched as Kirby left with Mika and figured they couldn't get into too much trouble.

Just as long as Kirby didn't go waving the knife around and someone saw it as a threat or something.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Others

Kirby

Kirby didn't understand why Miss Mika was mad about the way he was saying she had to go to the potty. "Why?" He asked.

Kirby would follow Mika to the reception desk and noticed that she seemed madder than before. He however knew that was because she needed to go to the potty real bad and the door was locked. He looked over at the strange man.

Kirby frowned, wishing that he had had his power-ups or the enemies he could eat. Bombs could blow open the safe and get Miss Mika the key that she so desperately needed and wanted.

He wondered the same thing but didn't dare to say it a loud because Miss Mika was smart.

Kirby didn't like the way that huh sounded. It made it seem like he didn't know the combination and that probably would make his friend mad.

Kirby could feel the anger coming from Miss Mika.

"Now now no worries I wrote it down on diz piece of paper see?" Going through the cupboard he finally revealed a sliver of paper with something written on it.

Kirby would take a second to look at the paper and read what was on it. " Life. That no make any se-" Kirby would turn the paper upside down and then look at it again. " 3....6......1....7.... arrow go back again....7?" Kirby asked, not sure if that was any help. It seemed Miss Mika would never go potty again.

@Jeremi

"Because it's just very personal information and talking about it like that an- oh forgot it." Mika groaned as they read the note. Stuff like this wasn't really her strong suit and Mika was scared if they tried to break it by force things would end badly. So when Kirby chimed in she'd give the not another look. "Huh...that might be it, little guy." Kneeling down she'd start twirling the knob. "And another seven...right."

With a click, the safe door swung open revealing a bag with what Mika assumed was some valuables and a key. "There it is!" She snatched it and started making her way down to the pub again.

"Ya know itz pretty weird," The Turtlez replied. "Whyz they gotz to hide the key in here?" Not thinking about it too much he'd shrug and get back to his business.

@Lucky

"Then I'll just take a glass of whatever ale you have." Yurick replied.

Yurick watched as Kirby left with Mika and figured they couldn't get into too much trouble.

Just as long as Kirby didn't go waving the knife around and someone saw it as a threat or something.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Others

"You got it!" Bob gave Yurick a wink and a smile as he poured a glass a beer from the tap before handing it over. As this was going on Mika came rushing down the stairs and towards the bathroom so that she could finally take care of business.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Others

image.png

"Water is fine," Akihiko repeated sternly to the otherwise easy-going bartender. Lemonade may have its fair share of vitamins, but it was just too much sugar for him. Bad fuel lead to bad performance, after all. In any case, as the man went on to inquire what exactly he meant by that. Whoops, maybe he said too much.

"Just a hunch... about some old friends," the young man only said cryptically, not wanting to divulge into details. It was likely for the better this way, after all. "In any case, just point us where we need to look around, and we'll be on our way," he said, briefly furrowing his brow as Mika passed through.

Fun times.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi @Others

image.png

"Water is fine," Akihiko repeated sternly to the otherwise easy-going bartender. Lemonade may have its fair share of vitamins, but it was just too much sugar for him. Bad fuel lead to bad performance, after all. In any case, as the man went on to inquire what exactly he meant by that. Whoops, maybe he said too much.

"Just a hunch... about some old friends," the young man only said cryptically, not wanting to divulge into details. It was likely for the better this way, after all. "In any case, just point us where we need to look around, and we'll be on our way," he said, briefly furrowing his brow as Mika passed through.

Fun times.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi @Others

"You're the boss!" Bob replied pouring him a glass of water...with a lemon wedge. You had to spice it up somehow. "The place you're looking for is down the ridge on the other side of town, but you'll need some help to get there so we'll try to gather what you guys need. Stay at the inn for the night and we'll figure it out in the morning, okay?"

Mika meanwhile finally managed to open the bathroom door when she shouted out in anger. "What gives?!" She turned to face Bob. "There's nothing in here! It's just...white!" The people standing at the bar could see it too. There was nothing inside but a clear white space.

It seemed like Mika's quest was still not finished.

"You're the boss!" Bob replied pouring him a glass of water...with a lemon wedge. You had to spice it up somehow. "The place you're looking for is down the ridge on the other side of town, but you'll need some help to get there so we'll try to gather what you guys need. Stay at the inn for the night and we'll figure it out in the morning, okay?"

Mika meanwhile finally managed to open the bathroom door when she shouted out in anger. "What gives?!" She turned to face Bob. "There's nothing in here! It's just...white!" The people standing at the bar could see it too. There was nothing inside but a clear white space.

It seemed like Mika's quest was still not finished.

"Because it's just very personal information and talking about it like that an- oh forgot it." Mika groaned as they read the note. Stuff like this wasn't really her strong suit and Mika was scared if they tried to break it by force things would end badly. So when Kirby chimed in she'd give the not another look. "Huh...that might be it, little guy." Kneeling down she'd start twirling the knob. "And another seven...right."

With a click, the safe door swung open revealing a bag with what Mika assumed was some valuables and a key. "There it is!" She snatched it and started making her way down to the pub again.

"Ya know itz pretty weird," The Turtlez replied. "Whyz they gotz to hide the key in here?" Not thinking about it too much he'd shrug and get back to his business.

@Lucky

"You got it!" Bob gave Yurick a wink and a smile as he poured a glass a beer from the tap before handing it over. As this was going on Mika came rushing down the stairs and towards the bathroom so that she could finally take care of business.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Others

"I have a...friend who'd like you, I'm sure." Yurick replied as Bob winked and got him what he requested, hesitant to call the person in mind a friend. He wasn't all that used to it, but he was sure that she would've found humor in Bob's laid back demeanor if she was here at least.

He had no doubt the first place Syrenne would look for wherever she'd end up is a bar or tavern, the damn drunkard.

When Mika seemed to be angry even after getting the bathroom door opened Yurick took a sip of his drink and glanced her way.

"It seems that all the rotten luck found one target to focus on for now." He commented under his breath, internally grateful it wasn't him.

He sighed before bringing his glass back to his lips. Of all of the odd things he'd seen, this almost took the cake. Almost.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Others

"I have a...friend who'd like you, I'm sure." Yurick replied as Bob winked and got him what he requested, hesitant to call the person in mind a friend. He wasn't all that used to it, but he was sure that she would've found humor in Bob's laid back demeanor if she was here at least.

He had no doubt the first place Syrenne would look for wherever she'd end up is a bar or tavern, the damn drunkard.

When Mika seemed to be angry even after getting the bathroom door opened Yurick took a sip of his drink and glanced her way.

"It seems that all the rotten luck found one target to focus on for now." He commented under his breath, internally grateful it wasn't him.

He sighed before bringing his glass back to his lips. Of all of the odd things he'd seen, this almost took the cake. Almost.

"Guys!" Mika exclaimed again to the people at the bar. "There. Is. Nothing. Inside!" She repeated showing the inside of what was supposed to be the bathroom. There was nothing but white. It seemed to stretch out forever.

"Huh, that's probably not to supposed to look like that. Weird." Bob replied.

"Weird's one thing! Aren't we going to like check this out?"

"Guys!" Mika exclaimed again to the people at the bar. "There. Is. Nothing. Inside!" She repeated showing the inside of what was supposed to be the bathroom. There was nothing but white. It seemed to stretch out forever.

"Huh, that's probably not to supposed to look like that. Weird." Bob replied.

"Weird's one thing! Aren't we going to like check this out?"

Yurick sighed and downed the rest of his drink before standing and making his way to where Mika stood then placed his hands on his hips.

"I'm not sure how you want us to go about checking it out." He shrugged, before staring into the empty space for a moment, then a look of contemplation came across his face before sticking his hand into the room after a second of hesitation.

image.png

"..."

Akihiko said nothing when presented with his water... and lemon. Well, if he insisted. With a resigned sigh, the young pugilist had a sip of his drink, listening intently to what Bob said in the meantime. He didn't like wasting time, but then again, as an athlete, he knew all too well that overworking yourself never worked out well, so maybe resting for the night was a good idea.

"Well, if you say so, I'll take you up on the suggestion then," the young man simply said to the bartender. But before long, it seemed that he spoke too soon.

Initially not taking Mika's yelling very seriously, figuring that she meant there was just a hole in the ground, Akihiko let out a short breath, getting up from his seat with his water in hand. "Calm down. I guess I shoulda figured this world wouldn't really--" He began to say, before seeing just what exactly Mika was talking about.

"Oh."

"Guess we should check it out," he said bluntly after a short while, taking a step in without a hitch.

Indeed, pretty strange that a whole chamber of emptiness was just where the restroom should be, Bob's response to the emptiness beyond ticking off that it wasn't normally like this. And well... The void didn't just show up without reason, so he had to gauge that someone or something was doing this on purpose. And considering the whole scope of their situation casually involved the fabric of space and time itself, anything was possible.

At this point, his suspension of disbelief was stretched further than he thought possible anyway, so may as well.

With that, he looked back to Mika, Yurick, and whoever else was present as well. "So, you guys comin'?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

Kirby

" Wait- Kirby has idea first. Maybe Miss Mika can go first and see if the white space really forget. It can still be potty if nothing stays here. Maybe it is bathroom because nothing stays in it? Then we go explore?"
He asked.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Everybody

Kirby

" Wait- Kirby has idea first. Maybe Miss Mika can go first and see if the white space really forget. It can still be potty if nothing stays here. Maybe it is bathroom because nothing stays in it? Then we go explore?"
He asked.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Everybody

Again, Mika motioned into the room. "Does this look like a potty to you?!"

"Well if you're going to do something about it," Bob replied to the group. "I'll try to get you something extra when you're done, alright?"

Whoever decided to follow Mika into the white space found that it seemed to stretch on forever. "Hello!" No echo only a very disturbing silence seemed to cut Mika's shout short. "M-Maybe I could've just gone to my room and used the bathroom th-" Turning around the professional wrestler found to her surprise and horror that the door had vanished behind them.

"What's going on here?" Mika tried to frantically look around to find any shred of life in this space. And then, further inside there suddenly was an apparition. What seemed to be a man sitting by a small table. The group couldn't be sure if he had spotted them but considering he seemed to be the only thing inside of here...

Kirby

Kirby pouted as he was scolded for making his suggestion. He would take his knife and follow Mika into the white space. He noticed that the door was gone. " Door go bye bye. How we get out," he asked as a half-question. He would gently walk over with his knife and point it at the man. " You do this?" He asked.

@Jeremi @White Space

The man by the table seemed to have been lost in thought before Kirby's voice caught his attention. "I did not." He spoke with a calm voice but had an air of authority surrounding him. "What a surprise for me to get visitors in this...limbo. Tell me, what sin did you commit to find yourself here?" While his tone was friendly some could say there was something off about this man.

b7-12-3-bin-1.png

"If I had a nickel for every time I was stuck in a scary place with no way out..." Akihiko murmured. This situation -- once again -- reminded him of Tartarus, if only a little bit. Every chamber has an in and an out.

Even if, evidently, the door had disappeared before they all knew it. But he wasn't too perturbed. For some reason, he felt confident that they'd be able to make it back.

Everything here happened for a reason.

Stepping toward the man, furrowing a brow at his words, Akihiko cleared his throat. "Evidently, trying to get a free night at the inn," he answered curtly, before getting to the matter at hand. "Who are you? What is this place?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Anybody

The man had a half-smile on his face as he looked over to Akihiko. His eyes were an unnatural icy blue color. "A prisoner, just as you," He replied. "As for where we are...a space between spaces. Or that's what I assume. I have no real answer to give you. But..." The man looked at the group gathered before him. "I have a question in turn I hope you will answer to me."

@Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Anybody

The man had a half-smile on his face as he looked over to Akihiko. His eyes were an unnatural icy blue color. "A prisoner, just as you," He replied. "As for where we are...a space between spaces. Or that's what I assume. I have no real answer to give you. But..." The man looked at the group gathered before him. "I have a question in turn I hope you will answer to me."

@Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Anybody

Yurick stood towards the back, simply listening and observing for now, but decided to speak up now that the man gave his answers, a frown on his face.

"What is it?" Yurick asked, eye narrowed as he eyed the man before them with crossed arms.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Anybody

"If you got a question, just ask it!" Bringing his drink with him, Goroh took a swig of beer as he glared at this ghost guy. "Why's everyone always gotta do that? 'Ooh, I have a question!' Just ask your question right off the bat!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Takumi

The man chuckled softly. "Of course, how silly of me." As the man stood up the chair and table seemingly melted into the ground. "I wish to draw swords with you, perhaps a little carnage will elevate my boredom."

He looked at the group. "I trust this won't be an issue?"

Mika just looked at him. "I'm not a gal to turn down a fight but..."

"You misunderstand me, whatever your answer will be we'll still fight."

"Then why even ask us in the first place then?!" Mika said exasperated.

"Common courtesy, and to see what type of humans you really are. Now, tell me your answer."

image.png

"Well, if you say so. A man's fists hold much more power to communicate his feelings than his words, after all," Akihiko suddenly grinned, as though even more eager to fight than Mika. Indeed, it might have been an uncharacteristic turn for him; Akihiko fancied himself the mother hen of the group, taking after the example of Mitsuru and his dear late friend, but in truth, the young man was never one to pass up a challenge to gauge one's own strength.

Besides, strangely of all, Akihiko couldn't exactly sense any real malicious intent from the man, whoever he was supposed to be, but all the same... there was definitely something off about him. Something that made him boil for a fight.

"I don't know about the others, but if you want a spar, I'll take you up on it. In this space, I feel like... it's something we have to do."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back