Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone had noticed, Samurai Goroh had gotten unusually quiet. Fortunately, said problem was solved very quickly, when a very loud shout echoed through the town.

"OUTTA MY WAY!!!"

While everyone else stood around and twiddled their thumbs, Goroh decided to get something done around here. And his brilliant solution was to storm right into town screaming like an idiot. "I SAID, OUTTA MY WAY! NO ONE KEEPS SAMURAI GOROH AWAY FROM A BOUNTY! UNLESS...YOU CARE TO JOIN ME? HELP ME HUNT DOWN SOME NO-GOOD THIEVES, AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, EARN A CUT OF THE REWARD! GWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Kirby

Kirby would stare at Goroh and knew what needed to be done. Before the other man could draw too much attention to himself, Kirby would attempt to suck him up in his mouth to keep him quiet. He would give everyone else a quiet thumbs up.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Jeremi @Everyone

b7-14-3-bin-1.png

"Are we really able to look that inconspicuous?" Akihiko furrowed his brow, looking toward the likes of Silver, Kirby, and others when Mika remarked that blending into the crowds was an idea. Ever since the incident started that landed him in this mess, the young man had gotten used to the prospect of being in the group that was like the "odd one out" of sorts. He had his doubts about it, but like with Silver, had his apprehensions about stealing even if it was in order to bypass the enemy.

Of course there was the moral reason not to do it, but also of course, if they were to get caught, the plan would have just ended up backfiring on them and draw even more attention toward them then before. Thus, he elected against that idea.

Of course, Kirby's case might be bit harder. He didn't want to stop the puffball while he was already in the middle of his gambit, considering Akihiko himself could just as easily muck things up if he intervened, so all he could do was watch helplessly.

"Stealth though... I didn't think you of all people would advocate for that," Akihiko quipped toward Mika, a half-hearted gesture to lighten the mood slightly, "You're usually more... boisterous than that."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Crow @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everybody

"I mean..." Mika looked rather embarrassed as she shuffled the ground with her feet. "I just thought it was something a leader would say...not that I'm a leader or anything! I just wanted to share my opinion! AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!!" She rand hot and cold in rapid succession though her outburst didn't seem to attract much attention.

On top of that everyone seemed to have a sound idea on what to do. That is until...

If anyone had noticed, Samurai Goroh had gotten unusually quiet. Fortunately, said problem was solved very quickly, when a very loud shout echoed through the town.

"OUTTA MY WAY!!!"

While everyone else stood around and twiddled their thumbs, Goroh decided to get something done around here. And his brilliant solution was to storm right into town screaming like an idiot. "I SAID, OUTTA MY WAY! NO ONE KEEPS SAMURAI GOROH AWAY FROM A BOUNTY! UNLESS...YOU CARE TO JOIN ME? HELP ME HUNT DOWN SOME NO-GOOD THIEVES, AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, EARN A CUT OF THE REWARD! GWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Despite Kirby's attempt at sucking up the poor space pirate there seemed to be a slight calm among the population before suddenly an alarm started blaring as more robots with sirens started appearing. "KEEP CALM FOR EXTRACTION! KEEP CALM FOR EXTRACTION!" A repeating command looped on and on as crab liked robots and more bees made their way towards the group.

"You think we can save our own hides if we give them up?"
Plague Knight asked off hand to Mona.

"Doubtful,"
Mona responded back. Despite the horde of robots coming down on them there appeared to be three options open for them. They could fight them off, dip into a nearby alley where they could potentially lose them but get further away from their target or continue on towards where the bracelet was indicating and hopefully find what they are looking for.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

Last edited:
Kirby

Kirby frowned and would look for ways to go. He realized that the only way out was through. He would point towards his mouth, hoping he would be supplied a weapon to help him fight.

@Jeremi @Everyone

image.png

"I-I just meant that you're... er, usually more... flamboyant than that," Akihiko said in response to Mika, admittedly a bit flustered by her sudden outburst at him. Though, even as he tried to restate what he meant, maybe it wasn't so much how he said it as... saying it at all. Girls do seem to be more sensitive when talking about themselves, just one reason of many why the young man found talking to them to be more difficult in all honesty, but maybe that was just his youth talking.

He winced visibly when Mika yelled at him, but it was nothing in comparison to when Samurai Goroh suddenly made an even bigger scene right in the middle of the town, attracting undue attention to themselves.

Well, so much for the... practical approach.

The not-stupid approach.

As robotic animals appeared, alerted to their presence, Akihiko got into position, clenching his fists as he gritted his teeth. "Dammit! Just our luck!" He clicked his tongue, mentally berating Goroh all he liked in his head to save himself the trouble of doing it for real. After all, he'd need that energy to take out on the enemy!

Mika spoke back then of what a "leader" would do, and admittedly, the wrestler wasn't what he'd call the shining example of a leader. No, he had someone else in mind for that. Someone from back then whose friendship played a part in helping to get over himself, and more than that, was able to take charge and make the best decisions in battle. Akihiko just needed his strength. His determination...!

Stepping forward, the young man cleared his throat. "I've got a plan, everyone! But we'll have to count on each other for it, maybe even improvise if need be!" He called out, hoping to get the party's attention, "I'll hold them off! Whoever wants to join in are free to do so, but I'm suggesting we split up and the rest of you all get into that alley over there! It's a little out of the way, but taking the long way around might do us some good!"

With that, he drew out his Evoker and pointed it to his head. "Get it? Got it? Good!" He exclaimed swiftly, and with that, pulled the trigger. His Persona, Caesar, materialized into the air next to him, willing the entity to swing its sword right at the bees that came his way!

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Crow @Everybody

It was about then that Kirby would feel a struggle from within, as well as muffled yelling. It appeared Samurai Goroh, not having learn a goddamn thing, desperately wanted in on the action.

@Lucky @Jeremi @Ver @Minerva

Kirby

Kirby had forgotten that he had sucked in Goroh and as he hadn't been in for long enough, the puffball would spit him up and he would summon his magical hammer, creeping ready to help however he could. " We smash bad robots?" He asked.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Jeremi @Everybody

image.png

"I-I just meant that you're... er, usually more... flamboyant than that," Akihiko said in response to Mika, admittedly a bit flustered by her sudden outburst at him. Though, even as he tried to restate what he meant, maybe it wasn't so much how he said it as... saying it at all. Girls do seem to be more sensitive when talking about themselves, just one reason of many why the young man found talking to them to be more difficult in all honesty, but maybe that was just his youth talking.

He winced visibly when Mika yelled at him, but it was nothing in comparison to when Samurai Goroh suddenly made an even bigger scene right in the middle of the town, attracting undue attention to themselves.

Well, so much for the... practical approach.

The not-stupid approach.

As robotic animals appeared, alerted to their presence, Akihiko got into position, clenching his fists as he gritted his teeth. "Dammit! Just our luck!" He clicked his tongue, mentally berating Goroh all he liked in his head to save himself the trouble of doing it for real. After all, he'd need that energy to take out on the enemy!

Mika spoke back then of what a "leader" would do, and admittedly, the wrestler wasn't what he'd call the shining example of a leader. No, he had someone else in mind for that. Someone from back then whose friendship played a part in helping to get over himself, and more than that, was able to take charge and make the best decisions in battle. Akihiko just needed his strength. His determination...!

Stepping forward, the young man cleared his throat. "I've got a plan, everyone! But we'll have to count on each other for it, maybe even improvise if need be!" He called out, hoping to get the party's attention, "I'll hold them off! Whoever wants to join in are free to do so, but I'm suggesting we split up and the rest of you all get into that alley over there! It's a little out of the way, but taking the long way around might do us some good!"

With that, he drew out his Evoker and pointed it to his head. "Get it? Got it? Good!" He exclaimed swiftly, and with that, pulled the trigger. His Persona, Caesar, materialized into the air next to him, willing the entity to swing its sword right at the bees that came his way!

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Crow @Everybody
Kirby

Kirby had forgotten that he had sucked in Goroh and as he hadn't been in for long enough, the puffball would spit him up and he would summon his magical hammer, creeping ready to help however he could. " We smash bad robots?" He asked.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Jeremi @Everybody

Kirby got his reply with Mika dropkicking one of the robot bees into one of the crab robots. "If it's a fight they want that's what they're going to get!"

Plague Knight and Mona joined in the fray too with their concoction exploding some of the nearby robots. Luckily the crowd seemed to have dispersed so any chance of collateral damage had gone down significantly, though it seemed that they weren't stopping any time soon.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

The second he went tumbling out of Kirby's mouth, Goroh leapt right into action. Using his katana to hack and slash, he tried to explain his truly genius plan to his team. "See, I was trying to-HA!-trick 'em into thinking that-GRAH!-I was on their side! Into thinking I was-OOF!-trying to hunt down the theives as a-ARGH-neutral third party! Too bad they're too-NGH!-stupid to fall for it!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies

b7-12-3-bin-1.png

"Next time, why don't you just knock on Eggman's door and say you wanna join him while you're at it then?!" Akihiko grunted irritably in response to Goroh's supposed master plan. But the more time he had to admonish the man, he could have been spending that energy elsewhere.

Doing his best to maintain his concentration, the pugilist, hoping his powers would react especially well to the robots, channeled his power, a surge of electric energy materializing in his Persona's hand before the spirit raised its hand to the sky, firing bolts of lightning at the robots!

"Mazionga!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Everybody

Kirby

Kirby didn't need to be told twice as he pulled out his hammer and start to sneak up on the robots, letting the hammer get on fire and then swinging at the robots. " Bad robots, bad robots go bye bye."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Everybody

Chapter 4 - Don't get cold feet

The group was doing a good job in eliminating the fodder but the robot wave seemed to be unending. They would never tire but the group could not battle these foes forever. Suddenly the voice of reason came from a surprising source.

A vial hit the ground near a bunch of the robots that exploded into scrap. "You gotta make like a tree and leave!" Plague Knight and Mona jumped between the party and the robots.

"If your mission is real then you really can't stay here fighting these tin cans."
Mona joined in the attack with Plague Knight. "Go we'll cover for you."

"No way!" Mika countered. "We can't just leave you here fighting our fight!" Plague Knight threw a vial at her feet that exploded forcing the wrestler to jump back.

"You heard the lady! Skip! Skedaddle! I'll throw one for all of you unless you don't leave right now hehehe!"

It seemed the duo had decided on what they were doing and the group could do nothing to sway them. "...Fine. Fine! We're going! But you better not get killed or anything or else I'm going to be really mad with you!"

With that the group regrouped and made a run for it, leaving Plague Knight and Mona to hold off the robots. Following Ayane's direction they managed to get to the port area. The original robot group they saw were no longer in the area but hidden in a corner in the wharf they'd find the green pipe.

While their friends seem to be keeping the robots at bay the group couldn't for how long and they quickly made their escape through the pipe.

As they exited the group felt a burst of cold wind hitting them, and snow, a whole lot of snow. "Where are we?" Luckily they seemed to have a helpful sign telling them just that.

A quaint little town called Icicle Inn.

Cast list

@Ver as Akihiko Sanada
@Minerva as Ayane
@dark as Banjo-Kazooie
@Crow as Don-chan
@York as Elise the Third
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Geno
@Crimson Spartan as Hector
@Lucky as Kirby
@ShadowCoyote0 as Link
@Jackythejack as Louis the Primid
@Hida Tomonatsu as Makoto Kato
@Kaykay as Moon
@Alex Azure as Raiden
@Sark as Ryoma
@Yun Lee as Samurai Goroh
@Gummi Bunnies as Silver
@Takumi as Yurick

Kirby

" Where we go from here?"
He asked, hoping someone knew the answer because he felt cold. He looked down and attempted to eat the snow to see if that would turn him into his ice form, so he wouldn't be cold.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Kirby

" Where we go from here?"
He asked, hoping someone knew the answer because he felt cold. He looked down and attempted to eat the snow to see if that would turn him into his ice form, so he wouldn't be cold.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Kirby found that eating the snow only left him with some frozen water in his stomach. Looking at communicator didn't help either since it seemed to point out the pipe behind them. It seemed if the group wanted to figure out any clues they had to start asking around any natives they could find. Two children were riding down on a sleigh on the nearby slope and one of the buildings seemed to house an inn.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

For once...Goroh was actually quiet. He watched the children on the sleigh and sighed. "To think, some kids can be happy in spite of all this..." Realizing how he might seem, though, he coughed. "Ahem! Er...hey, let's get somewhere warm, huh? That inn looks nice and toasty...bet they'd give heroes like us some free grub, to boot!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Minerva

Chapter 4 - Don't get cold feet

The group was doing a good job in eliminating the fodder but the robot wave seemed to be unending. They would never tire but the group could not battle these foes forever. Suddenly the voice of reason came from a surprising source.

A vial hit the ground near a bunch of the robots that exploded into scrap. "You gotta make like a tree and leave!" Plague Knight and Mona jumped between the party and the robots.

"If your mission is real then you really can't stay here fighting these tin cans."
Mona joined in the attack with Plague Knight. "Go we'll cover for you."

"No way!" Mika countered. "We can't just leave you here fighting our fight!" Plague Knight threw a vial at her feet that exploded forcing the wrestler to jump back.

"You heard the lady! Skip! Skedaddle! I'll throw one for all of you unless you don't leave right now hehehe!"

It seemed the duo had decided on what they were doing and the group could do nothing to sway them. "...Fine. Fine! We're going! But you better not get killed or anything or else I'm going to be really mad with you!"

With that the group regrouped and made a run for it, leaving Plague Knight and Mona to hold off the robots. Following Ayane's direction they managed to get to the port area. The original robot group they saw were no longer in the area but hidden in a corner in the wharf they'd find the green pipe.

While their friends seem to be keeping the robots at bay the group couldn't for how long and they quickly made their escape through the pipe.

As they exited the group felt a burst of cold wind hitting them, and snow, a whole lot of snow. "Where are we?" Luckily they seemed to have a helpful sign telling them just that.

A quaint little town called Icicle Inn.

Cast list

@Ver as Akihiko Sanada
@Minerva as Ayane
@dark as Banjo-Kazooie
@Crow as Don-chan
@York as Elise the Third
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Geno
@Crimson Spartan as Hector
@Lucky as Kirby
@ShadowCoyote0 as Link
@Jackythejack as Louis the Primid
@Hida Tomonatsu as Makoto Kato
@Kaykay as Moon
@Alex Azure as Raiden
@Sark as Ryoma
@Yun Lee as Samurai Goroh
@Gummi Bunnies as Silver
@Takumi as Yurick

Yurick sighed at their surroundings. Snow and the cold, great. Crossing his arms around himself he focused on trying to keep himself warm with his magic for the meantime.

For once...Goroh was actually quiet. He watched the children on the sleigh and sighed. "To think, some kids can be happy in spite of all this..." Realizing how he might seem, though, he coughed. "Ahem! Er...hey, let's get somewhere warm, huh? That inn looks nice and toasty...bet they'd give heroes like us some free grub, to boot!"

tumblr_puiauvuWv91tbqin0o1_100.jpg

"Given our luck so far, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anything." He grumbled. Nothing was ever free, not for him or his people and he doubted they'd get free food here. The group didn't exactly have much of a track record that screamed heroic.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Everyone I missed

Yurick sighed at their surroundings. Snow and the cold, great. Crossing his arms around himself he focused on trying to keep himself warm with his magic for the meantime.

tumblr_puiauvuWv91tbqin0o1_100.jpg

"Given our luck so far, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anything." He grumbled. Nothing was ever free, not for him or his people and he doubted they'd get free food here. The group didn't exactly have much of a track record that screamed heroic.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Everyone I missed

"Warm sounds good right about now...I hope Mona and what's his face got away okay..." It was a very somber Mika who took point among the group as they headed towards the inn. As the reached the entrance of the inn they were met by a snowman on the side. Inside they'd be met by a warm and cozy atmosphere.

67-06.png

A fire was glistening by the left wall giving some much-needed warmth to the weary group. There was a flight of stairs in front of them leading upwards and next to the stairs on the left there was a door with a sign that read 'PUB' in big letters. To the right, the group could see the receptionist area.

Managing the desk was a short humanoid looking figure with a shell on its back who lit up instantly when it saw Mika come up close.

latest

"Hiyaz! Welcome to the Icicle Inn...Inn. I suppoiz. Ain't got a lot of guestz around 'ere so if ya guyz wantz a room, we've got all of 'em!" It spoke with a thick accent. "Or if ya just want some drinkz and grub it's down those stairz over there!"

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

image.png

"I'm sure they're fine. They look the type like they wouldn't die even if they were killed,"
Akihiko simply said in response to Mika as she mused over Mona and other.

A common idiom from where he came, and yet a baffling line to any other.

As they ventured into the warm building, the silver-haired young man letting out a relieved sigh as they got out of the cold finally, he rubbed his gloved hands together before stepping forward, only to be met by... a person.

"R-Right... We could definitely use food and rest right about now," Akihiko sighed as he quickly adjusted to the strange appearance of the receptionist and his equally strange verbal mannerisms. At least he wasn't the strangest person Akihiko had ever laid eyes upon now.

"... You wouldn't happen to take yen by any chance in this fine establishment, would you?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

image.png

"I'm sure they're fine. They look the type like they wouldn't die even if they were killed,"
Akihiko simply said in response to Mika as she mused over Mona and other.

A common idiom from where he came, and yet a baffling line to any other.

As they ventured into the warm building, the silver-haired young man letting out a relieved sigh as they got out of the cold finally, he rubbed his gloved hands together before stepping forward, only to be met by... a person.

"R-Right... We could definitely use food and rest right about now," Akihiko sighed as he quickly adjusted to the strange appearance of the receptionist and his equally strange verbal mannerisms. At least he wasn't the strangest person Akihiko had ever laid eyes upon now.

"... You wouldn't happen to take yen by any chance in this fine establishment, would you?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

"Don't ya worry aboutz no paymentz buddy!" The creature behind the desk replied. "We takez all kindz of currency over here! Dollahz, yenz, gil, gold, you name it, we gotz it!" He looked over to the gathered group. "Since ya got such a big group 'ow aboutz a discount? 11000 yen per 'ead. Ow does that sound?"

image.png

"That much...?! Well, at the very least, I guess that means me paying for everyone is out of the question," Akihiko sighed, furrowing his brow, not that he figured that would have been realistic with the pocket change he'd been carrying on him ever since the Melding happened in the first place. It was a miracle he even managed to hold on to this much for as long as he did.

Turning to the rest of the group for a moment, Akihiko pondered on what to do from here. "... I take it not a lot of you have any change on you?" He asked, turning his gaze to Mika for a moment.

"... I guess there's not a place on you where you can even put money anyway."

Turning back to the receptionist, he rested his hands on his hips. "How about... as a group? We'll only be staying for a short while anyway," the young man chuckled uneasily, not exactly the most experienced with haggling. "Or... we can work off the debt?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back