Golden Solas Cafe.

Mevas offered the sleepy-head a smile. "One Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel is on its way," she hummed. Greeting those who still slumbered in the Lands of Dreams and Nightmares with a hint of energy sometimes helped.
As Luma grabbed a cup, the Tiefling softened her facials. They had worked together for so long... No words were needed from time to time.

She handed her the transparent mug with ease and returned to the seats before the counter, back to her book she had probably read for the last months over and over again.
Whilst Luma enjoyed the rides of emotions, fixed Mevas the wished drink. The golden liquid poured into the mug. Steamed milk marked the Espresso. While it poured into the mug, she was careful to drip one or three spoons of caramel. Foam decorated it and that brought her to an idea. With the spoon, she scooped a smiling face into the foam.

Mevas danced around the corner, whistled for Luma to bring her a cookie. They were a very hostile Criminal-Café.
The two Ladies placed everything before the half-asleep customer. "Enjoy you wake-up-call," thrilled Mevas despite her own ruined mood.

@Vague o3

"Too bright and early,/ and yet you are so cheery," Dame muttered, nodding to the worker who gave him his cup. Usually, when a busy cafe such as this was... well, quite busy, the waiters usually holler the names and the costumer goes and grabs the drink.

When he blinked his eyes open, he had to do it again. "My, quite a peculiar sight," he started, curiosity lacing his sleepy voice. "Is this a place where you use costumes for delight?" He had unconsciously buried his hand into the hoodie's jacket, ready to take the lady down if she was actually an enemy. Wait... where was he again?

Golden Solas Cafe

Did he just entered a cafe full of the enemy? Did he do his research right? He never stumbled upon the cafe as one to actually be in the enemy territory. But who was he to judge, there were plenty of neutral territory here in the city. And he was supposed to be one of the good guys. Dame works under the investigation unit as a profiler.
@Abroxis

Luma stiffened but left the scene once again.

"Is this a place where you use costumes for delight?"

Mevas chuckled. "My my," a pause to collect her words, "My Café is open for Criminals. Here they can be normal civilians again, treated like average people. There is no space for sorrow nor a gloomy and pissed waitress, especially if it is the owner herself. Also, a sleepy-head like you might enjoy a bright smile of his waitress."
She had never dealt with any of such questions, nor had she an answer for the why and how.

"Even if, I need to lighten my mood a bit." She nodded to her broken window. "As you see, I had a rough morning already."
Not a lie. To use her powers at such an early hour... Mevas was against it, always tried to sort things out before wrecking the ears of her patrons. And yet again, this man had set her Café to fire, a girl with mysterious powers she yet hasn't discovered waltzed in- not knowing where she had gotten herself into. Actually, a sleepy-head like the white-haired male was quite amusing and relaxing. So, she could take her time and bright his morning a bit.

The red-skinned Tiefling leaned back on her legs, not a muscle was tightened. She wasn't intending to rip someone apart. Not if the one had already paid her.

@Vague o3

Last edited:
[We are going to flirt, aren't we?]

A laugh bubbled from his chest. The first thing out of his mouth was rather... well... it turned into an invitation instead of just plain friendliness, it seemed. "I might enjoy other things aside from that./ Will you indulge me later, for more than a chat?"

Turning to the direction of the broken glass, he nodded his understanding, and also his pity. This was quite a cozy atmosphere. "Such a loss, really," he muttered, clicking his tongue in distaste. "For one to break a window so early." He stretched then, closing his eyes and waiting for his back to pop. "Ah, I know," he started cheerily once he saw the cookie beside his cup. "To repay you for this little show," he gestured to the cookie and drink. "Let me help you in whatever/ serve and take orders, it's only proper." He winked at the owner. Heavens, he really should stop with his flirty behavior and just thank the poor lady properly and let her work peacefully.

Dame, boy, you still have a mission. Eliminate the China person. Vile could suck it until later. I'm too useless up until supper.

@Abroxis

A game she was ready to play, it seemed. A flirtatious visitor the young man was. But who was to blame him for it. The looks… he nailed them almost perfectly.

“I have private sections,” she answered, more like a joke though.

He leaned back in his seat, offered her a hand or two. Mevas cocked her chin. “You can fix a coffee?”
Help was required, especially since two of her coworkers got sick and one quitted. Basically, it was her and Luma who were left in the Café.

“Because we,” she gestured to the reading elf, “Might need a helpful surprise.”

She wouldn’t bed him, or at least not immediately. But the Tiefling quite missed the action on her mattress, though.
Yet again, it was three years ago with her Ex. From those days on she wasn’t too fond to link with another one.

“But say, are you busy? Because I am getting serious here.”

Like Hell she was. Mevas needed him for the day. Perhaps until lunch, when her Café boomed with Criminality. Especially since some… guests already announced a big party for 9 o’clock this morning. A bank was to be robbed and this needed a planned trip for once.

“You will get paid, of course.”

Today it would be fine. With so much going on, she could pay another side-coworker.

[I mean, of course xD]
@Vague o3

Inara walked in the cafe and ordered something simple. She was hungry. It was a male waiter who gave her her order. She said, "Oh, thank you. Have a good day." She usually didn't do something we introverted as this, but she sat there alone, sipping on her drink a d surveying the people here.

The laughter from the male was melodic, almost hypnotizing. "I will join thee in coffee making," he stated. Drinking the concoction offered to him. "Could even create a whole menu of something." Placing the mug delicately on the table, he stood up and brushed invisible dust his pants before giving an elegant bow.

"Do I just go and enter your domain,/ or will you be my guide and by your side I will remain," he smiled, giving a wink. Dame, though very tired and sleepy, had his priorities straight. Flirt first, question later.

@Abroxis

"At her side, Brute," snarled Luma. The Tiefling angled her head at her friend. What's the matter was meant to be said.
The elf shrugged and tucked her nose back to her book. Changeling's Crypt, was it labeled.
"Excuse the manners of my friend," hummed Mevas while turning back to him. "Your payment is to be given the moment you decide to leave," she informed him.

"The Name is Mevas."

Just Mevas- the rest was a filthy lie. But who was he to know everything here? With feline movements, she danced back to her counter and introduced their technology to him. She felt the glare Luma gave her. Yes, she disliked her flirting with randoms, but honestly. Was Mevas supposed to bore to death? No. And even if, this was her body, her life, and her mind. She could do the fuck what she wanted.

"Now. There will come some important guests today. To be specific...," her white eyes narrowed at the clock, barely she could tell the time, "...in 30 minutes."
Her head rolled on her neck and plopped to the white-haired guy. "Don't try anything with them. He pays me a lot."

@Vague o3

Brushing his hair back, the sleepy male nodded. He also gave a cheeky smile before gesturing to zip his mouth and be a good puppy. If only this beautiful chick knows of Dame's true nature...

"I will be at your beck and call,/ So where do we start, from the madness of this all?" he asked, emptying the drink and letting what little caffeine was in there to wake him up just for a little. He followed the red-skinned beauty to the inside, giving a few friendly smiles to who he judged as the regulars here.

[Sorry for the short reply :)]

"Just give them what they want," she hummed and fixed a coffee together as a regular female entered and gave her a brief greeting-nod. She always wanted normal coffee, a piece of cheese bread, and a load of sugar.
"Oh," Mevas turned to the doors next to the counter, "behind those are private sections. If Customers ask for it, charge them double. They should already know how it works."

With that, she took the plate Luma had prepared and returned with a bright smile to the female. "Good Morning, Honey," she cheered and placed it before her, "The regular, huh?"
A short thanks, pass of money, and Mevas returned to the sink, cleaning a few cups already. "And if anyone decides to make troubles just throw it out. By questions, I am here."

{Pfft, it's fine}

Frank Sin took a drag from his cigarette before dropping it onto the ground. Stomping out the embers on the sidewalk.
Entering the Cafe, he made his way to the counter. "An Irish coffee. Hold the sugar, cream and coffee. Make it a double." He placed the money on the counter. He was ordering his regular. Which was really just a double of whiskey.
Frank was having a rough morning. He was down two fighters. Jimmy Cairn had gone and gotten himself arrested, and Pester Gripe had chickened out after he watched his brother get lit on fire in last night's fight. Now he had two empty slots on tonight's board, and he stood to lose a fair amount of money.

Mevas's attention flicked to a new face. Somehow her customers had a bad start in their day this morning. A warning growl emitted from Luma aside from her, which she simply waved off before slipping to where the money was.
His order was quite- well, extraordinary in her ears.

"Sure Sir," the Tiefling hummed, though she wondered how- no. Once she had sworn not to care. Grabbing a cup and fixing the order before she danced back to the man. A charmin- her charming smile, flashed for a moment. "Enjoy your order," she sang and almost creeped herself out. With her having a broken window, still, and a pissed Luma flanking her, and the message that one of her Co-workers quitted for a better job- her day couldn't have gotten worse already. Yet there she was, smiling and pretending to perhaps brighten the moods of others.

She then turned to her rather unsuited friend. Raising an eyebrow, Mevas simply swung her hip to nudge Luma. "And you stop glaring."
Then, Mevas returned to the other grumpy. "Now Sir, you seem to have a rather rough start in the day," she hummed.

Last edited:
With a salute, the white-haired male got to his temporary work. It was too easy for him to fit in like a glove. Greeting a few new comers before taking their orders. Everything was going fine and dandy. He even went and had a conversation with one of the older looking costumers just to make them comfortable.

"This is quite a busy shop," he started, placing another order towards Luma. He started chuckling once he saw one of the orders was for an Irish Coffee. "Really? At this time of day, someone wants that crap?" With another round of chuckles, he got off the counter and zoomed around the cafe.

Her ears twitched. "At least someone is enjoying this," she muffled underneath her breath as she watched her temporary Co-Worker.
Luma hissed at her, "Doesn't mean we aren't in stress tomorrow."

Mevas puffed out a low chuckle. "Always the pessimistic one, huh?"
With a low sigh, she almost admitted that Luma was right, though. Because tomorrow they would be two serving and running around. Perhaps she could seduce one to help, perhaps the one would give up after a mere ten minutes.

Luma returned to serve orders, while Mevas turned to the sink. Without cups, no orders, no new coffees- absolutely nothing. With that, golden eyes darted between her visitors, while red hands cleaned the glass.

Frank sighed as he skulled the double of whiskey. Placing more cash on the counter. “Another, if you don’t mind.” He said politely. He turned to look around the cafe. “This is the famed Criminal Cafe?” He asked the person serving him. “You know anyone willing to fight for money?” He said as he turned to collect his second order.

Dame smiled at the man, placing the alcoholic coffee on the table. "This is my first day here, kind sir. So I have yet to know who here bite and who purr." Brushing his hands on the apron, his golden eyes twinkled in amusement. "Just holler up and ask the others,/ I will take in the job if it really matters." With a wink, he was once again out to welcome a pair coming in.

Just thinking of loading himself with unusual jobs before night arrived had him groaning internally. What had gotten into his brain to actually think he could do that?! He was useless at this time of day!

Last edited:
Mevas fixed him his second cup. Very, very rough morning, then. At his question she peered into her own visitors again. Listening to her Temporary Co-Worker, she had to smile. Very few here purred. Mostly those without suits. Barking but not biting.

“The last three,” she chimed and gestured to a table. Knowing those men, and accidentally overhearing their conversation, abled her to know about their bloodthirst, “say no one could ever beat.”
She leaned over her counter, careful for them not to hear. “Though I doubt that they are playing a fair game there.”

A warning, if the man had debated whether to mess with the Assassin-Twins or not.

“If you just want to beat up a few kids and gain money go ask Gullahert.” A nod to the corner of her Café close to the entrance. “He has his ways and resources.”

Last edited:
"Oh, no, no, no." Frank shook his head as he sipped his second drink. "I run a rather fine establishment where people pay to watch people fight each other." He took another sip, looking at three Mevas had motioned towards. "Maybe you've heard of it. The Underdome." Turning back to Mevas. "The most fighting I plan on doing is testing to make sure they can pull their weight. I'm not going to allow just anyone to fight. I want to give my patrons a show." He explained with a nod before taking another sip. He pulled a packet of cigarettes from his pocket. "Is it alright if I smoke in here?" He Frank asked as he pulled out a single cigarette.

The Underdome. Yes, she had heard about it. After all, this was her Criminal-Café, it wasn’t too hard to overhear people panting and cheering for the latest fight they had witnessed while they drank her Coffee.
The mention that he was looking for good fighters made her shrug.

“Do those who fight earn a bit of the incomes?”

Luma beside her stiffened. Her friend now knew her for more than a lifetime. Hence she could already tell Mevas intentions.

"Is it alright if I smoke in here?"

A smirk slipped through her lips. “If I get one cigarette too, then yes, smoking is allowed.”
A tiny hiss emerged from the side of the Tiefling, before heavy steps butchered her poor floor to collect the dishes on a now empty table.

@Sanity43217

Frank handed her a cigarette. "There's a prize pool." He said as he put another cigarette in his mouth. Snapping his fingers both cigarettes lit up. Putting the packet back in his pocket, he took a drag. "Two hundred entry fee. Five fights, if they're good. Win all five and you get Two thousand." Taking another drag before finishing his whiskey. "Is there a room out back that is a little..." He gestured vaguely around. "Breakable or flammable." He smirked as he brushed his hair back with his free hand. "I like to see what fighters can do before letting them in the ring. Helps me set the wagers and its no fun for the fans watching someone get turned to dust in three seconds."

Back