Heroes: Recruiting

Sounds good! Approved!

(Although if you want to, Nightwing would have been able to give her a decent education over the six years)
oh. oh yeah, I guess that makes sense? altho i guess it still means for a day job and further formal education she's severely limited (qualifications wise)

oh. oh yeah, I guess that makes sense? altho i guess it still means for a day job and further formal education she's severely limited (qualifications wise)
Yeah pretty much considering i doubt the government is actually aware of her.

Name (Super): Shard
Name: Johnathan Black
Appearance (Super): Shard’s costume is designed for one thing: stealth. The fabric is designed to be easily manipulated by his powers, allowing him to change the texture and color with just the simplest of thoughts, making it easy for him to blend into just about any background. Its design is similar to the League of Assassins, a homage to where he came from and the great debt he owes to them and the people that raised him.

Appearance: Johnathan himself doesn’t stand out too much in a crowd. He’s around 5’6” in height, and his average size betrays the tone muscles he had gained from his lifetime of training. He has black that he keeps buzzed down, in an almost military-style cut. His eyes are a dark green, they’ve been hardened through the years, as he has come to know both the dark and good side of the world and has accepted both equally.

Super Power: Illusions. Johnathan can manipulate light, creating illusions out of thin air. The complexity of the illusion and how realistic it looks distracts how long it takes and exactly how much stress it puts on his mind.

The illusions he creates aren’t real though and anything that touches them will simply pass right through.

Equipment/Training: Proficient with Archery and Throwing Knives

Weakness: Johnathan’s weakness is based on his emotions. To maintain control over his powers, he needs to maintain a calm mind. Any emotion that affects him too much, whether it be good or bad, can cause him control to slip.

As for a physical weakness, while he is a capable fighter with quick reflexes, he is just human. He can be outpowered and hurt just like every other normal person.

He is also terribly with people and conversations.

Other Skills: Johnathan has been trained in hand-to-hand combat, sneaking and swordplay.

Johnathan has a sharp mind and enjoys solving puzzles in his spare time. He can also play the piano, though not very well.

Mentor/Background: Johnathan was adopted at a young age by the League of Assassins and was trained by a wide range of people in just about everything they could, but his biggest mentor was Talia al Ghul. It was from her that he learned the most important things in life: responsibility, the difference between what is right and what is wrong, fighting in what he believes in… essentially shaping him into who he was as a person.

The longer he spent with the League of Assassins, the more he realized that he wasn’t leading the life that he wanted, or following the moral codes that he needed to. Though he will always respect the people he worked with and trained under, he knew he had to leave and become his own person.

In his mind, the idea of justice had become corrupted and flawed, like a sword that had been shattered into a million pieces. He knew that he’d never be justice itself, or even have the right to fully decide what is right and wrong… he knows that he’s just a shard of that blade, but feels the responsibility of forging it back together again. So he left the league, and his journey led him to joining the Young Justice League.

Last edited:
@Craig Leo Hey! So, typically we're wanting either a super power or equipment and training, but seeing as he can't actually do anything to an adversary with his power we're willing to allow both. However, because his power can cause a diversion/cover any potential attacks, etc. It would be preferable if you would limit his training (possibly archery and throwing knives would be my suggestion) and then move parkour, hand to hand combat, stealth, and swords to "other skills".

Name: Telek

Name: Zoila Antonio

Appearance: To say the costume had zero effort put into it would be an understatement. It’s simply made of a grey hoodie and baggy black trousers that don’t seem to fit the size of the wearer. The grey hoodie has a large ‘t’ drawn over it in pink sharpie. Not even a capital ‘T’. She wears black gloves as well as tinted goggles and a red bandana to ‘hide her identity’.

Appearance: She’s 154cm (5’0”) and has tan skin and dark brown hair, similar to her eyes. She has an average body type and a bit of chub considering that she doesn’t regularly exercise. Her casual outfit consists of a grey shirt and shorts because white would easily get dirty and she hates doing chores whilst black would absorb heat.

Super Power: Telekinesis- is able to lift up to 1,000kg in total meaning that she can only lift multiple objects that total up to 1,000kg or one 1,000kg object. The force of her telekinetic push can amount to a whopping 200,000N, but that’d be too much work.

Equipment/Training: n/a

Weakness: Although she has incredibly impressive telekinetic skills, her lack of motivation to do anything has amounted her to nothing in life. Not only that but because she relies on her telekinetic powers so much her general physical ability is extremely lackluster.

Other Skills: The only thing that saves her lazy ass is her quick reflexes. Also, she’s a good cook.

Mentor/Background: She’s lived a normal life for the entirety of her existence. Relatively intelligent, she understood not to show off her psychic powers and to practice them in secret. Where ‘practice’ was generally her using them whenever she felt like it was necessary and when she didn’t want to walk to the living room table to get the TV remote. Her parents had sent her to America in search for a better education and in the big city, she found others with super powers.

These people were impressed and told her she held a lot of potential, but she regularly refused to join their teams due to her not wanting to bother with both hero work and education. Until one day, one of the heroes that had been wanting to recruit her for a long time told her that she would never be a hero either way because she didn’t possess the mental ability to be a hero.

That was when she had snapped and gone in search for proper training. Not to be a hero out of the good of her heart and morals, but because she wanted to prove whoever this guy was wrong. She then trained under the superhero Starfire and joined the YJL due to the deep-rooted bitterness she had for some random unnamed rookie hero.

Name: (Super hero name): Queen of Hearts
Name: (Secret Identity): Lila Kurkova
Appearance: (super hero): Bright red corset trimmed in snowy lace with black hearts down the center, tight black boy shorts, black fishnet tights, and a floor-length black satin duster with a bolero-style neckline and brilliant red satin inlay that peeked with every step, and elaborate make up.
Appearance: (secret identity): Straight black hair cut in a sassy bob with bangs, blue eyes, pale skin.
Super Power: n/a
Equipment/Training: working on a major in neuroscience. She has created a temporary love potion (more like infatuation) which she has formed into a lipstick and a perfume.
Weakness: She's human, so anything that could harm a human could harm her. She is also not very strong.
Mentor/Background: Mad Hatter. Both of Lila's parents were neuroscientists who knew Jervis Tetch well and in fact worked for him as two of his minions. When her parents were captured and imprisoned during one of the Mad Hatter's schemes, Tetch took Lila in. When he realized her aptitude for science and math, he made her his protege. After escaping the rigorous, intense training to go off to college (which was incredibly easy in comparison), Lila realized there were other options other than evil, and she joined the YJL as a way to find other avenues (perhaps still morally ambiguous) for her talents.

the_queen_of_hearts_by_mariannainsomnia-d4qtdt0.jpg

Last edited:
Name: (Super hero name): Queen of Hearts or Doctor Love (whichever sounds cooler)
Name: (Secret Identity): Lila Kurkova
Appearance: (super hero): Bright red corset trimmed in snowy lace with black hearts down the center, tight black boy shorts, black fishnet tights, and a floor-length black satin duster with a bolero-style neckline and brilliant red satin inlay that peeked with every step, and elaborate make up.
Appearance: (secret identity): Straight black hair cut in a sassy bob with bangs, blue eyes, pale skin.
Super Power: n/a
Equipment/Training: working on a major in neuroscience. She has created a temporary love potion (more like infatuation) which she has formed into a lipstick and a perfume.
Weakness: She's human, so anything that could harm a human could harm her. She is also not very strong.
Mentor/Background: Mad Hatter. Both of Lila's parents were neuroscientists who knew Jervis Tetch well and in fact worked for him as two of his minions. When her parents were captured and imprisoned during one of the Mad Hatter's schemes, Tetch took Lila in. When he realized her aptitude for science and math, he made her his protege. After escaping the rigorous, intense training to go off to college (which was incredibly easy in comparison), Lila realized there were other options other than evil, and she joined the YJL as a way to find other avenues (perhaps still morally ambiguous) for her talents.

the_queen_of_hearts_by_mariannainsomnia-d4qtdt0.jpg
Seems pretty good!

Also, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, I think we know which is cooler here.

Sorry about that, I got my character sheet updated.

I thought the skills list was for fighting skills and the 'Other skills' list was for stuff not related to combat. I'm not really attached to archery as his main combat ability, but given his background it just fits (Mind you, I'm only really knowledge about the LoA through the Arrow TV show.)

Let me know if those changes work.

Sorry about that, I got my character sheet updated.

I thought the skills list was for fighting skills and the 'Other skills' list was for stuff not related to combat. I'm not really attached to archery as his main combat ability, but given his background it just fits (Mind you, I'm only really knowledge about the LoA through the Arrow TV show.)

Let me know if those changes work.

Generally, yes, but your character is a wee different. :> also I love LoA.

Anywho. You're good to go, I think. Unless Greenie has anything to add.

I hope this is still open, it sounds fun! Here's my character.

Name(Super):
Clue/Bloody Jack(less preferred, read bio)

Name:
Harlan "Hank" Dennen

Appearance: Clue dresses reminiscent of classic gumshoes, with a blood red motif. He adorns a long red trench coat, crimson fedora, black leather driving gloves, and black steel-toe boots. Formal dress underneath, with grey slacks, a grey vest, black undershirt, and silver tie. His face is disguised similarly to his mentor by being fully covered in a prosthesis that hides his facial features. Making him appear featureless, a hauntingly blank slate.

Appearance: Hank dresses plainly in a t-shirt, red flannel over, and simple blue jeans with the same black work boots. His light brown, shoulder-length hair hangs down around his face, which he perpetually keeps hidden beneath the prosthetic.

Super Power: N/A

Equipment/Training: Skilled detective, from years of training and quick at puzzles and riddles. He shows proficiency in hand to hand, with shocking brutality, but lackluster technique. He carries no weapons other than a custom multi-tool that has a knife on it. The multi-tool houses an array of useful equipment, including a lock-pick set, a magnifying glass, scissors, a small lighter, a thin 5ml syringe, and other various tools that would be expected from a multi-tool.

Weakness: Standard weaknesses of a human, in addition to a terrible tremor in his right hand that he pacifies through medication and alcohol.

Other Skills: Surprising level of endurance and drive, also an exceptional Cellist

Mentor/Background: The Question was Harlan's mentor. Finding him during an investigation, and taking in the young orphan who showed considerable investigative talent. Harlan showed much talent, but also a lot of anger that often interfered with his work. This anger led to recklessness and once during an investigation, he suffered a gunshot wound to the right shoulder. This left a permanent tremor in that arm, that seems to flare up when Hank is under stress. For someone so young, he nurses a considerable drinking habit, that also disrupts his detective skills. He seems almost self-destructive, but is very skilled at what he does, when not drinking and being needlessly confrontational. As Clue he seems to be fine with acquiring answers regardless of method. and has gained a grim reputation after tossing a man down seven flights of stairs during an interrogation. Because of this he's known as "Bloody Jack" in some criminal circles, though he hates that name.

P.S. While he comes off as sort of ambiguous, even malicious, he's intended to be an anti-hero with a dark code. Just in case that didn't come across effectively.

Still open. I like him. Welcome to the Ladena Valley heroes. I'll send you a link to the discord. :>

I hope this is still open, it sounds fun! Here's my character.

Name(Super):
Clue/Bloody Jack(less preferred, read bio)

Name:
Harlan "Hank" Dennen

Appearance: Clue dresses reminiscent of classic gumshoes, with a blood red motif. He adorns a long red trench coat, crimson fedora, black leather driving gloves, and black steel-toe boots. Formal dress underneath, with grey slacks, a grey vest, black undershirt, and silver tie. His face is disguised similarly to his mentor by being fully covered in a prosthesis that hides his facial features. Making him appear featureless, a hauntingly blank slate.

Appearance: Hank dresses plainly in a t-shirt, red flannel over, and simple blue jeans with the same black work boots. His light brown, shoulder-length hair hangs down around his face, which he perpetually keeps hidden beneath the prosthetic.

Super Power: N/A

Equipment/Training: Skilled detective, from years of training and quick at puzzles and riddles. He shows proficiency in hand to hand, with shocking brutality, but lackluster technique. He carries no weapons other than a custom multi-tool that has a knife on it. The multi-tool houses an array of useful equipment, including a lock-pick set, a magnifying glass, scissors, a small lighter, a thin 5ml syringe, and other various tools that would be expected from a multi-tool.

Weakness: Standard weaknesses of a human, in addition to a terrible tremor in his right hand that he pacifies through medication and alcohol.

Other Skills: Surprising level of endurance and drive, also an exceptional Cellist

Mentor/Background: The Question was Harlan's mentor. Finding him during an investigation, and taking in the young orphan who showed considerable investigative talent. Harlan showed much talent, but also a lot of anger that often interfered with his work. This anger led to recklessness and once during an investigation, he suffered a gunshot wound to the right shoulder. This left a permanent tremor in that arm, that seems to flare up when Hank is under stress. For someone so young, he nurses a considerable drinking habit, that also disrupts his detective skills. He seems almost self-destructive, but is very skilled at what he does, when not drinking and being needlessly confrontational. As Clue he seems to be fine with acquiring answers regardless of method. and has gained a grim reputation after tossing a man down seven flights of stairs during an interrogation. Because of this he's known as "Bloody Jack" in some criminal circles, though he hates that name.

P.S. While he comes off as sort of ambiguous, even malicious, he's intended to be an anti-hero with a dark code. Just in case that didn't come across effectively.

Back