New User Hey! I'm Sock.

Sockth

As the title suggests, I go by Sock. Shockingly enough, I go by she/her pronouns. I have been roleplaying for around five to eight years by now, but I only recently started doing serious roleplays around two years ago. I currently use Hogwarts.io as my main roleplaying website; however, I also roleplay on Discord! Despite the fact my main roleplay website is a fandom based one, I actually mainly focus on my OCs for a little made up universe that me and a friend created a year ago. I'm a sucker for suburban fantasy, as I find it easier to comprehend than sci-fi and regular fantasy. Still, I do enjoy reading fantasy and sci-fi and I'm sure I would enjoy roleplaying it too! I've never done tabletop, and to be frank I'm pretty intimidated by it; however, I really would like to partake in one! It sounds like something I would enjoy, though it would be a change of pace to what I am used to.

I prefer 1x1 roleplays as that is all I have done as of recent, but I bet it would be really cool to try roleplaying with multiple different people at once. I'd actually really like to try it out if there was organization to it! I consider myself a literate roleplayer, but some of the paragraphs a write tend to be internal monologue. I prefer to roleplay with people who do 300+ words per post, but I am also interested in doing more dialogue based roleplays as I think they can honestly be really fun. I started with dialogue based roleplays as most people do, and I actually miss them a lot. I appreciate having roleplay partners who appreciate me and have had a bit of experience before, but that is just due to the fact I write best when inspired. I can burn myself out easily, so when someone does not respond to a thread for a couple days or so I normally appreciate it. It gives me time to think and process what I will write next because I am a quick responder and do not have much self control. If I ever respond slowly, know that is due to school as it can keep me rather busy. I joined this website due to the fact I could not find any other that seemed to accommodate my interests. I'm really interested in playing with some of my ocs if possible, and if not I'm more than willing to see what else I can do!

Despite how strict my writing preferences are, I would like to try out something casual. I frequently do joke roleplays that are dialogue based, and I think being able to joke around with character is a very important part about roleplaying. Having it be entirely serious constantly can be exhausting, and just being able to kick back and relax is important to me. Of course, I also enjoy doing serious roleplays! A healthy mix is just what I desire.

Unrelated to roleplay, I play trombone in school so that makes me a band kid sadly. I am a cat person and I prefer hot chocolate over coffee. Currently I've been playing a lot of Miitopia, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Tomodachi Life, and Slime Rancher. I'm a pretty big fan of Rhythm Heaven and Phoenix Wright too. A strong majority of my ideas end up being lightly inspired by fandoms I used to be in, such as Homestuck, Undertale, and Percy Jackson. I still vibe with old minecraft Yogscast stuff too.

Overall, Roleplay is a hobby of mine that I really enjoy and I love making up new characters. I don't know if I'll fit in here or be active, but honestly I think it's worth putting myself out there!

Welcome to STC!, Loving your intro and we totally have a few things in common already :3

There's quite a few fans of urban and suburban fantasy, myself included!. I'm sure you'll find people who share your interests, especially when it comes to 1x1ns. Actually if you are comfortable with a chill schedule like you said, we could maybe start something with OCs? Just an idea.

I used to RP in a Homestuck forum, damn those were the days xD, animal crossing New leaf was fun, and I've put SO many hours into slime rancher!, Seriously the game is so cute and fun xddd. Minecraft too but I haven't played in a while ^^

Welcome to STC!, Loving your intro and we totally have a few things in common already :3

There's quite a few fans of urban and suburban fantasy, myself included!. I'm sure you'll find people who share your interests, especially when it comes to 1x1ns. Actually if you are comfortable with a chill schedule like you said, we could maybe start something with OCs? Just an idea.

I used to RP in a Homestuck forum, damn those were the days xD, animal crossing New leaf was fun, and I've put SO many hours into slime rancher!, Seriously the game is so cute and fun xddd. Minecraft too but I haven't played in a while ^^

Honestly sounds great! OCs sound perfect, but honestly just due to the fact some of them are a bit underdeveloped and follow a laid-back plot we might be able to screw around with something else if you would like. If you'd like to discuss on Discord ideas, I'm more than open to do so ^^. It's been awhile since I've done much else honestly, but I hope we can find something! I joined the official Discord just a moment ago, and I'm Sockboy on there if you'd like to contact me! I'm sort of blind and terrified I will in fact accidentally message the wrong person. I also don't know if there is DMs on here, so I have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
Did someone say Animal Crossing and Slime Rancher? I love those two games! I quite like the sci-fi and fantasy genres, too. They can be so action-packed and exciting!

Oh, sorry, I'm going on a rant here. Welcome to the site! For 1x1 roleplays, I would recommend heading over to the 1x1 Bulletin Board, you can either join someone else, or you can recruit people to your own idea. I've seen a lot of people with your same interests over there looking for people, so I'm sure that anyone would be more than happy to join with you. Yeah, tabletop intimidates me too, it just seems so... intense and bizarre. Frankly, tabletop just confuses me to no end. As for suburban fantasies, I quite enjoy those, too! If you ever want to do something, just send me a message, and we can plan something out.

Anyway, you sound awesome, and like you will definitely be a great fit here. I'm definitely excited to have you and see what you will do here!

Back