Id(Purpose) Rebooted

Avery followed like an obedient dog. "Hey, where do you think you're going? We gotta stick together!" He told Cinon, also beckoning for Koldrem to follow, not that he could see. "What are you doing running off all suspicious like?" He asked, despite the black dragon being not at all suspicious. Again, his paranoia was evident.

Kold's thoughts were interrupted by the beckoning of the small soul. The silver dragon followed close behind. "Yeah, maybe the bird human's right. You shouldn't go out and about around all the other prisoners like it's ok. I mean, they've killed before."

"Yeah, so have I." Cinon looked around a bit, swishing his tail happily as he went. "How else are ya supposed to eat bunnies n' stuff?"

Avery shook his head. "C'mon, you act like our lives aren't on the line here!" He shoved Cinon gently. "I've got a destiny to fulfill, you've got a life to live and he's....probably got some dragon stuff to do also. So start taking this seriously." Avery scolded rather bravely, despite being the smallest of the group and probably the majority of the prison. "I bet it would be a lot easier if we had these clamps on our wings off, I'm sure we can outfly some guards if we're clever about it. Do they look breakable?"

Koldrem fondles the air momentarily before pinching spot where the metal is. "It...it feels pretty hard...not mention warm. Really warm...almost as if...YOW!" He retracts his paw back quickly, smothering it with his other hand tightly. "It burned me..." A nearby dragon turns her head, giving the teen a glare for the disturbance. The clamp binding the avian's wings glow a yellowish orange, unharming Avery before returning to it's normal metallic color. "Could it be a magic thing?"

Avery hummed in thought. "Maybe.." He paused for a moment to think of another plan. "Well, maybe we could sneak out, though that would be a feat and it would take a lot of planning. Any other ideas guys?"

"We need to look around and get bearings on what our options are here."

"We should look around a bit."

"If we find an exit that is unguarded I can carry the Avian out, they will be able to find help. Do not repeat that."

"Okey."

"First things first. We need to find a place without eyes watching us."

"We should go find a place to talk without people watchin us though."

(Okay that's actually adorable how Cinon and shadowy guy that I forgot the name of converse not gonna lie.)

Avery nodded. "Yeah, definitely do that first." He agreed, casually trotting off to go scout out for a secluded area. It took him awhile and he had to go quite a distance, shrugging off some glares and stares all along the way, but he found an area that was probably their best bet to be safe from prying eyes and ears. He swiftly ran back and relayed the information to Koldrem and Cinon, describing the location. "Should be good!"

"We'll need to take a look around then..." Koldrem piped up. "Maybe theres some kind of sleeping area that'd be less full at these times." Looking up from his paw, the dragonet's third eye once again caught a glimpse of something shifting behind the black dragonet's frame. ~Something...something different about him~ "Um...black dragon, avian human, can we make a deal maybe?"

"My name's Cinon." Cinon said cheerily. He was a bit happier to be out of the way of the mean looking guards, and away from the lava, even if the darkness of the room they were in now was a little sad. "And sure. I think you're a pretty nice dragon."

"You are too trusting. It could be a trap."

Shh.

"Fine. I will be watching."

Avery finds a dark hall that leads you to a huge circular room that'd be just about pitch black if it weren't for three poorly made lit torches on the sides. The floor was littered with hay, cotton, torn blankets, and destroyed pillows. It seems that the prisoners had made a large nest out of the scraps of destroyed sleeping materials given to them. Strangely, the air was much cooler in the room than the workplace;It was almost even chilly you could say. The faint scent of blood lingered in the room. A few dragons can be seen quietly conversing amongst one another or doing other things...

"Think so? All of the bodyguards back home say I lack self-confidence...just be prepared for when I do something coward like. A-Anyways, Cinon, enough about me. Where do you come from? I've never seen a soul like yours before."

"I dunno. I'm from a little town out on a river near Argemment n' I wanted to go exploring so I did and now I'm here somehow. I'm jus' a Mutt, not really any sort of special dragon." Cinon lied down on his side watching the flickering flame on the wall. He sighed, licking . "Do you think they'll let us go if we're good? Maybe they jus' keep dragons here 'cause they're bad or somethin'. Oh! Avery! What's your favorite food?!"

(Woah alerts stopped happening oops.)

Avery blinked, shrugging. "I don't really have a favorite food." He answered, shuffling about awkwardly. He felt a little safer in the relatively secluded area, but he was still a safe amount of paranoid. "I guess I eat more berries and apples and stuff than anything else. Y'know, since they're all readily available. " He examined his two allies carefully in the dim light, at the same time trying to think out an escape plan.

Kold shudders remembering what the guards had about him. ~How many minutes do I have until they come for me...how many hours...how many days...~ The dragonet balls his fist. ~I don't want to die...not here...~ A tear can be barely seen falling from behind his metal mask.

"Ooh! I thoughs so, 'cause you're a birb 'n stuff. What abou'chu... What's your name? Where'd you come from? What's it like there? Are ya from a city? Oh! Are you from one of those cities with the smart monkeys!?" Cinon became more and more excited with each question, standing at the last one.

"Quiet. We do not want to draw attention."

"O-Oh, umm..." Koldrem flicks the tear away with his talon. "I'm Prince Koldrem Clokberg of Garonstown, Land of the Winds; Or considering my father's recent death, King. I wasn't allowed out of the castle for reasons, so I wouldn't really be able to tell you what its like. All I know is its on top of a really high waterfall in the plains somewhere. As for the furry monkey creatures, they're probably human. I hear some of them can be uh...pretty dangerous." Kold thenlays all the way down before rolling over to lie on his back, exposing his soft underside. ~Not comfortable at all.~

"Woah woah woah, you're royalty?" Avery said, a little too loudly in his excitement. "That's awesome! You can like..get us a pardon right? We'll be out of here in no time!" He sat against a wall and relaxed, yawning. "It's good to have friends in high places."

"That's just the thing" he interrupted. "The ruler here killed my father and now wants me dead as well. So that's why i'm here, although, I don't know why they've chosen to keep me alive for this long."

"...Oh." Cinon sat down again, thinking about what he said.

"See? We should stay away from him."

But he sounds like he needs friends. His dad died.

"No, we need to stay alive. Leave them and we can escape much easier."

I don't wanna.

"Koldrem, d'ya wanna hug?"

Back