Id(Purpose) Rebooted

Avery startled awake, rolling away from Cinon and standing up, the loud alarm fueling his wake-up panic. When it finally died down and he realized he wasn't in immediate danger, he sighed and rubbed his head. "Great, I wonder if we're the first group to work in the morning.." He mumbled out loud, checking to see if any of his dragon friends were awake.

Cinon was sound asleep, slumped over on the rock now with his feathery pillow gone.

-

"Cinon, you need to wake up." Cedric nudged his brother sleeping on the carpet by the fireplace.

"Mhmm...mlatermm."

"Cinon!"

"Hmmmmm..."

Cedric sighed, sitting down next to his brother.

Kold staggers to his paws under heavy sleepiness. He then gives a sudden sneeze before he rubs his face in irritation of his allergies. "I hate this...I hate this place, these smelly beds and dragons, ugh, i'm hungry..." Clearly, he wasn't a morning dragonet. Possibly because he was pampered all his life most likely.

Earlier in the morning one of the guards had suddenly vanished after calming he had spotted some sort of grand jewel, they shuffle to stir the prison with horns and mass upon its threshold getting ready to search and account for all those bound within its belly. While the horn had stopped the heavy energy, the brooding stress of such a rude waking for guards and prisoners alike drowns the air with unrest.

One guard steps out screaming out orders "Against the Wall SCUM"

"Cinon we need to get moving."

"But m' hungry."

"The only way to get food is to steal it or work. Pick one."

'Fiiine."

-

Cinon opened his eyes, looking between Avery and Koldrom. "Mornin' guys. Where's the food?"

Avery shrugged. "Not sure. Though this seems to be a less than friendly establishment we're caught in so I doubt they'd just hand out food." He said to his own dismay, suddenly realizing how hungry he really was. "And well, maybe don't expect too much either. I doubt they're gonna give us very much food if they give us any."

Upon exiting, Avery and Cinon find that many of the prisoners are being lined up against the wall by the guards. They seem to be giving orders out to everyone in every division about some kind of rare mineral. Also, it is heard that the division who finds the jewel gets double the amount of food.

"Oooh." Cinon trotted to the wall and put a claw on his chin. "I bet we could find that gemstone thingy and get the extra food!"

The guards flood into the prison with an clear design, whatever happen seemed to have them unsettled. Unpleasant invasion of personal space stirs the prisoners as they probe for something unknown only to have one of the guards give an awkward pause looking down a deep tunnel that sank into the depth of the mine, abnormal light whispers its glow along his eyes bating him to get closer. Heavy unnatural wind ebbed out of this tunnel, it was hot and dry as stone yet the guard was thralled in this bizarre wind. While he was allured closer he felt from sight of other guards who zealously kept to their work but was in plain sight for prisoners who had yet to shuffle to the wall.

Whatever this glow was surely only something of value would gleam so, something that would make a guard forget himself...With something like that...

(I am sorry, life happens. Also this plot seems familiar. Might have seen it in a book about Owls. Who knows.)

Avery nodded. "We could totally find that gemtstone thingy, easy." He echoed back, trying to remember if he recalled anything about the particular mineral or if they were just using prisoners to gather riches for some other dragon's wealth. "I'm not entirely sure what they want with this ore stuff. How about you guys?"

Back