Inked [1x1]

Otto shook his head. "I think we could sit outside," he said, gesturing to a table for two nearby.
Just as he said this, a waitress came outside. "Hello sir, are you looking for a table?" She asked.
Otto nodded, smiling. "Ah, yes please. Could we sit outside?" He asked, then looked to Leia to confirm that was okay.

She nodded along. It was still nice out, a bit windy so not too hot or cold and the rain hadn't started to fall yet. There was still a bit of a wait as they had to wait for a waiter to be available but they were seated quickly and Laila was relieved. She looks at the menu and then chuckles, "I don't even know why I looked. I knew what I was going to get the second you mentioned Italian food."

Last edited:
Otto chuckled, looking up at Leia with a quirked brow. "What would that be?" He asked. "I'm pretty boring when it comes to this. I'm just ordering a margarita," he chuckled.

"Fettuccine Alfredo and a glass of white wine." She beamed, "It's my favorite and literally the only thing I ever get when it comes to Italian food." She glanced at the menu again, "Just a margarita, no food?"

Otto chuckled. "Don't you ever want to try something new?" He asked. He rolled his eyes and chuckled again. "Margarita pizza, Leia," he said. "I better not drink, considering I'm driving," he said.

That... made more sense. She blushed, a little embarrassed. "Well." She cleared her throat, "No, I've tried things here and there but mostly I stick with my favorite and I hardly get Italian food that I'd rather have this." she grinned at him. "So. Good."

"It's really that good?" He asked with a quirked brow. "I'll try it some time, then. But I'm really craving a pizza," he said stubbornly.
A waiter approached, a notepad and pen poised. "Are you ready to order?" He asked.
Otto nodded, smiling back. "Yes, please," he said. "I'll have a Coke to drink and a margarita pizza for my main, please."

She laughed. "Good to me. You get whatever your heart desires." She orders her wine- because they are celebrating- a small glass, and her pasta, eagerly. Once the waiter takes their menus away she turns her attention back to Otto. "The contract should arrive tomorrow or the day after." She beamed.

Otto beamed right back. "That's amazing, Leia," he said eagerly. "Is it like, an actual thing, that you have to sign? Like before you get inked?" He mimed signing on a dotted line in the air.

There was a contract involved in getting ink. She really needed to learn about all of the small details involved in his job that someone who had actually been inked would know. Laughing, she nodded. "Yes, an actual thing I have to sign. It outlines how much I'll be paid and all of that."

Otto nodded. "Make sure you pay close attention to the pay bit," he said jokingly, pointing a finger at her. "Seriously, though. I don't know what standard pay for an author is, but make sure it's at least that. Your stuff is good, you deserve good pay."

She blushed at the compliment. "My dad has a friend who is going to take a look at it for me, to make sure I'm being treated fairly. Honestly, I have no idea what standard pay is, either. I get paid for the kids books, but it's nothing like a full novel." She sighed, happily and in the distance she could hear the thunder.

"That's good," he said with a nod. He jumped a little at the thunder, then laughed. "It really is gonna rain, isn't it?" He said with a sigh. There was another thunder clap a few seconds later. "I don't think we're going to finish eating in time."

"It's okay," She considered the canopy above them. It wasn't very sturdy but she supposed it would hold off the rain for a bit. "We've got some protection." She smiled at her date and at the clouds. The atmosphere was charged with the impending weather, and she didn't mind. "If anything, I'm sure they'd let us move to the bar or something to finish eating."

Otto laughed. "I guess so. As long as lightning doesn't strike it, or something," he joked.

The rain came on just as they were paying the bill. All through the meal, the accordionist had kept on playing. It was raining, and she was still going at it, a standing umbrella she had set up between songs covering her from the worst of the rain. Otto took a five dollar note out of his wallet but didn't put it on the tray along with the bill and tip. He put it in his pocket at he stood up, the accordion player starting up a nice little reel. Otto smiled a little, offering his hand to Leia, but not making it obvious what he was planning just yet.

Shyly the blonde woman accepted the proffered hand and followed Otto. It had been a wonderful date and now with the rain falling, she was smiling, eye bright. "Thank you for the celebration dinner."

Otto laughed a little, holding his other hand above his head to try and stop himself from getting soaked. He dropped it pretty much soon after. "It's been a great night," he said. Instead of walking down the pavement, he lead Leia out into the empty street "Maybe a dance to finish it off?" He asked, offering his other hand and jutting his head towards the accordion player.

She didn't even bother trying. The rain was too much as it was and she just lifted her face up and let it fall. It dropped back to look at him, though, and she laughed. "Here?" She considered and nodded, "Sure, let's dance." Grinning, she let him take the lead never noticing the slight smudge of her wrist ink.

Otto laughed a little. He was an okay dancer, but not anything too special. He wasn't stepping on any toes. When the accordionist was finished, she was chuckling, just a little. Otto stepped away, smiling like a dumbass, not noticing the smudge of ink all over his hand. He dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out the five dollar note, dropping the note into the accordionist's case. "Thank you," he said to the busker with a smile. He walked back to Leia, gently taking her hand with a chuckle, though he still hadn't noticed how his was almost drenched in watered down ink itself.

Otto didn't seem to notice, but Laila did. The mirth fell from her face almost immediately. When he dug out his wallet she noticed the dark ink on his hands and peered down at her wrist. Oh, no. She didn't know what to do, but his hand already had his and they were walking. He would notice, eventually, and she was looking for the nearest bus route because this could not happen. Her hair was drenched and hanging down at her face and she should have been loving the moment but instead she was terrified, fake smile plastered upon her face.

"Let me just go to the restroom, really quick." She told Otto, leaning forward so he could hear her better. "And then we'll leave." It was cowardly and an ugly thing to do but it was the only thing she could think of. While he waited for her she would sneak around and go out the front, running for the bus that had just pulled up.

Last edited:
Back