Innocent Monsters

Hamano blinked and withdrew her hand as Kenny dipped his into the tank and held it out to her. Her ears folded back a bit as she looked from him to his hand and back again. He must be trying to be nice and make friends, she thought. Well okay then.

She leaned in and sneef sneefed the dripping hand. Didn't smell salty. Hm. She leaned in again and licked his fingers with her raspy (who knew? She didn't) tongue and then withdrew, smacking her lips thoughtfully.

"Hm. Salty. Or is that just you?" she asked, tipping her head and looking up at him again. Who knew what fish boy tasted like, anyway?

((ew thats gross xD queue Mari being weird~))

"Is licking peoples fingers normal?" Mari pouted and folded her arms. "should I be licking everyones figures?"

Risina ran past the room the large Amphibian was in, a Scientist hot on her tail. Literally. She leapt up onto the ceiling, her animalistic instincts kicking in, and as the scientist ran past she kicked them in the back sending them sliding. Risina stopped, and looked at herself, giving enough time for the scientist behind her to grab her and she hissed, kicking in their grip.

Kenny made a sound equivalent to a chuckle when Hamano's rough tongue briefly moved across his hand and shrugged in reply to her question.
When he heard running footsteps, Kenny turned to see another hybrid girl running past, pursued by a scientist. Gasping, he gripped the tank hard and put his feet against it, attempting to climb out, but no luck. He tried again, this time managing to lift a leg over the side, then the other, and land on the floor on his knees, sopping wet and grunting. The amphibian staggered to his feet and hobbled out the room and down the hall as quickly as his skinny legs allowed, leaving a trail of water behind.

She watched the whole exchange, somewhat surprised that he could breathe out of water, before reminding herself he was still part human. Then, since she had nothing better to do, she decided to join the train of people following Risina through the facility.

The scientist stuck a needle in her arm, and Risina swayed lightly in his grip. She grabbed the Scientist, trying to hold on for support, but inevitably collapsed to the ground in a heap, her head hitting the ground hard.

Mari spun around at the thud. She hadn't followed the group, she felt no need to, but she rushed to the scene as fast as possible. "Risina?" she tried shaking her awake before looking up at the scientist who had jabbed her. "what did you do to her?" she asked.

"Just a swab of Chloroform, nothing special," The Scientist told them, "Now get back to your rooms, you're not even supposed to be here. Out!" He snapped at them. Risina murmured something on the floor.

Mari quickly stood up and scowled at the scientist. She looked at the ground and then up at him again, before her food made painful contact with his goodies.

((haha idk XD))

Ahead, the amphibian saw the whole thing play out and ran harder, heart thudding against his thin chest. He reached the girl's side and knelt down, placing a damp, gentle hand on her forehead, while glaring daggers up at the man. Kenny could only sympathize with her. Like him, she was mysteriously brought here and transformed and was probably just trying to escape, only to be knocked out, treated like a guinea pig.
Kenny ignored the scientist's demand and remained where he was, rubbing the fallen girl's forehead. He flinched when Mari suddenly kicked the latter.

She ran to Risina's other side and tried to gesture to Kenny, palms up and fingers beckoning towards her slightly. She was trying to symbolise that they should pick the girl up, as a corridor was probably not the best place for her.

Hamano shrugged at Mari as she asked about finger licking being normal, but the girl was gone before she could say anything else. She backed up a few paces as the fish boy splashed his way out of his tank and on to the floor. Her eyes trailed him as he too ran out the door. She figured she may as well stay put since everyone seemed to come back here eventually, though she was curios what was going on.

The creature blinked and frowned in confusion at the gestures Aratani was making. Nevertheless, he used Mari kicking the scientist as the perfect opportunity to lift the unconscious girl's body in his arms, one under her neck, the other under her upper back.

The scientist Mari had kicked fell to the floor, tears pricking his eyes. He rolled around like a bowling pin, it looked hilarious.
After Mari had realised what she had done, she dashed back into the mattress room. She clutched her knees and rocked herself, terrified what would happen.
---
Meanwhile, Haruto had taken a nap. The jabs had made him unusually sleepy, he assumed it had something to do with his animal since no one else seemed to be sleepy like him. His eyes fluttered open and his gaze fell on Aratani. he watched her as she and a fish boy helped move an unconscious girl... Wow he'd missed a lot.
-----------------
@catradora

Aratani helped the boy move Risina, putting her down carefully on one of the mattresses. Then, she sat down to rest, turning to see Haruto practically snoring next to her. She smirked at him, before something occurred to her. She moved the new weapons on the side of her head and scratched some shakey letters into the wall, spelling out her name for people to see.

As soon as they returned and placed the girl down, Kenny pushed his tank out into the hall and walked back in. He sat against a wall, knees slightly bent, hands folded on top of them. In his peripheral vision, he noticed Aratani scratching out letters with antennae-like appendages on the sides of her head:
A-R-A-T-A-N-I
He nodded, standing and sitting down beside her with an outstretched hand. The creature opened and closed his mouth. After what happened, could he still speak, and even if he could, would his voice be different? He took a deep breath and whispered, "...Kenny..."

Mari picked up his whisper from her enlarged wolf ears. "Kenny..." Mari was still rocking herself, her fists clenched.
A song came into her head. She started to sing softly.

"I̢̳̣̝̣ k̨͍͚n̡̮̯o̢̩̙̦̰̦w͕̦̬̘͜ a͕̝̦͓͚͜ p̡̫̠l̨̲͓͎ͅa͙̦̥̱͢c͖̰̩͙̞͢e̡̞̥͙̪ c̨̗̘͕ą̰͈̯l̨͕̯l̢͇̳͈͖͚e̦͉̥̠͢d̨͕̬ W̱̥͎͉̫͜ŗ̗̯̠o̢̝̥͈̥͖n̡̬̲g̨̱̞̥-̡̩̪͇Į̟̜ͅş͙̬-̧͇̩̥Ŗ̗̳̫̙̙i̢͉͙̳̙g̢͖̟͓̪͍h̢̤̮͈͙͈t͎̫͢,̫̭̣͢
͙̱̟̩̣͜W͓̫͢h̨͕̳͚̳e̡̠͇͈̗r̡̠̙e̡̱̱̙̮ t̡̠͓̤̰h͓̳̦͢ȩ̝͚ s̡̪̠͍̬u̢͔̟̦̝n̢̮͇ ǫ͙͕̠̥̤n͓͇̖͍͜ͅl̨̥̫͈͔͔y̠̗͢ s̨̪͎̩͖ḩ͎͚į̫̬͓̗n̳̦͍̫̭͜e̡̪̳̩ş͚͖͚͎̭ a̫͖͙̩̯͢ţ̟͔ n̢̠̭į͚̞g̨̟̟ͅḩ̮̩t͍̦̞̲͢!̨͍͙̬ͅ
̨̙̰̪̱I͖̗̪͚͜ ķ͖̤̞̗n̢̟̙̤̱o̧̘͍͖̜w̧̝̬̟̤ a͚̫̳̫͜ p̧̗̮ļ͖͙̬͉a̢̩̙c̨̳͔̩̜e̢͎̳ ç͓̟a̙͜ͅl̨̩͎̦̠l͖̣͜ͅe̡̳̖d̡̫̬̞̟ͅ R̢̦͕̲͚i̡̩͚̰g̢̘̘ḩ̝̲͈͍̬t̨͍̜-̨̩̤̩I̢̙͖s̡͕̤͉-̟̖͇͕̥͜W̡͙̳͇͖r̢̙͈o͇̲̪͎̣͢n̢̩͔̥ģ̠͈̣,̝͕͕͉͢
̡̜̙̥W̡̙͇̘͙ḩ͎͎͓͖̬ȩ̠̦͈͈̮r̢̳͓̩̟e͈̫̫̙̜͢ b̧̘͔̲͇i̡̲͇r̨͈͔͈d̨͎̖̭̜i̘͙̟͢ȩ̪͉s̡̠̯̫͖͇ b̢̰̘͖̝u̢̥͎̝z̨̤̭̬͙z̮̟̙̳̥͢ a̡͚͕̣n̡͖͈̪͖d̢̠̙͓ b̡̗̖͓͕̞ę̠̞͔͖ȩ̯̳ͅs̡͍̲̭͍ m͙̬̰͜ą̦̮̝͙̠k̠͓̖͢e̡̯̘ s͕͔̟͜o̧͕̖ņ̩͚g̢̰̫ͅ!̧͇̭̜͈"

((Couldn't think of a creepy song so I stole one from the book Noughts and Crosses))

Last edited:
She nodded at Kenny before turning to the singing girl. The song was strangely lulling and unsettling at the same time, as if it was luring you into a false sense of security. She felt chills run down her spine as Mari rocked back and forth rhythmically.

Kenny nodded in return and glanced to Mari rocking back and forth. The song she was singing unnerved him, but he was also concerned. He slowly stood and made his way towards her, then crouched before her, frowning.

Hamano sat down quietly on one of the mattresses and watched and listened. Not in a lurking way, just naturally on the outside of whatever was happening, somehow. Which was kinda the norm for her, borderline otaku that she was. She began compiling the info she'd gathered so far, mumbling quietly to herself about plot lines and characters and outcomes.

Back