Is it Worth a Soul?

Amaimon sidesteps, dodging the hammer. "It's going to take more than that, sweetie." He catches it.

Tinker kicked at his knee as hard as she could while twisting. The sound of sirens caught her ear and she smirked at him. "Here comes the cavalry!"

Amaimon grunted slightly in pain, the smile never leaving his face. "I've never been caught, and I never will be." He disappears.

Tinker muttered a few words concerning the intruder's behavior, still believing him to be some sort of trickster magician, and went down to meet the police. The police searched the place from top to bottom and took her statement. They took special interest when she told them of how the fellow had threatened to burn down her historic old house, which was currently full of flammable materials like paint, paint stripper, and other stuff needed to refurbish an old house. If her house went up in flames, the houses on either side were bound to catch fire, as well. They promised to put out an APB and went out to keep patrol.

Tinker eyed him a moment. Then picked up a tin of turpentine and splashed it all over his front. "There. Have fun lighting yourself on fire with that stupid trick." She walked past him and stopped up the stairs. "We were at you leaving because as far as I can tell, you are some idiot who is trying and failing to make me question my sanity. If you insist on bashing your head against a wall, go for it, but I have work to do."

She picked up her sandpaper and started working again.

He wipes the turpentine off his suit. After she starts working, Amaimon asked, "Do you miss your parents?"

"After I finished laughing hysterically then calling the nice doctors who give out white coats, I'd tell you that is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard," she replied dryly. "Now please leave. You and your tricks are not welcome here."

Amaimon's smile grew. "I assure you, it can be done, all I need is your soul, and any wish you have will come true. It's that simple, really..."

Tinker gave him a disgusted look. "After you forced your way in here and threatened to burn down my house? Ha! I wouldn't give you a glass of lemonade if you had a ruby in your hand for offer." She shook her head and turned back to work. What a moron.

Amaimon's smile faded. "Fine, suit yourself. You won't get this chance at all for the rest of your life." He turns away from her.

She shrugged. "That's only if I believed it to a chance to begin with, which I don't. Never see you again!"

Amaimon whipped around, smiling. "Oh, I won't leave. Unless you make a deal with me, I'll throw in a little side offer as well, to spice things up."

Amaimon walked towards her. "If you give me your soul, you'll never see me again, oh, and I'll bring your parents back, just to spice things up a little, sound good?" He holds out his right hand.

Tinker rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Number one, I do not believe for one second that you can do that, and number two, why are you so obsessed with bringing them back from the dead? I. Do. Not. Want. That! If anything, I'd wish that you never existed, which meant I'd get to keep my soul because you'd never exist to steal it in the first place." She held up a piece of sandpaper. "Now either get out or make yourself useful and start working on the bottom step."

Back