Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well not dreaming exactly, but yes, I am a mutant. The, I suppose, some even see me as the de facto leader of Krakoa," He gave her a friendly smile as Menat sat down. "I'm a telepath you see, and I have brought your mind into a place called the astral plane, too, quite right, talk about what you found on Madripoor."

Xavier poured some tea into the cup next Menat. "My dream has always been that mutants and humans would coexist in harmony with one another. That, however, hasn't always been the case, which is why we are at our current predicament." He took a sip from his cup before continuing. "But any chance of working together, no matter how small, is worth it. Tell me, have you had any more prophetic since your return from Madripoor?"

@Yun Lee

Menat thanked X for the tea, taking the cup once poured. How would she even drink it in this...not-dream? She still wasn't sure what was going on, but even then she didn't want to be rude. Kings, princesses, leaders of mutant utopias...she was really rubbing elbows with the elite, huh? But when he asked about predictions, she nodded. "Yep, at dinner I checked just in case, and it looked like Krakoans and Shadaloo were at war with each other. Those monsters from the labs were there, too..."

@Jeremi

“Oh that does sound interesting,” Xavier replied. “It is just that thanks to the intelligence you uncovered on your trip we might potentially nip any potential invasion in the bud and stage one of our own instead. You see we believe we have found their current base of operation and it would please me greatly if you could persuade Either T’Challa or princess Shuri to come with you to…settle our business as it were.” He placed his tea cup back on the table as he waited for Menat’s reply.

@Yun Lee

"Oh!" So that fortune hadn't been as bad after all? That was good to know, if Krakoa were the ones taking the initiative. As X gave his request, Menat nodded. "I can definutely talk to them in the morning," she said. She'd probably have the best chance with Shuri considering T'Challa's own issues with Krakoa...plus the two of them had gotten a bit close. If anyone she'd met so far was a good ally, it was Shuri.

@Jeremi

"That's all I ask for," Xavier replied before looking at the clock in the room. "My it's that late already? It's been a pleasure speaking with you Menat. Oh, before I go." Menat felt a slight tingle in her brain. "I just gave you the coordinates to where you'll find the base. Have a pleasant night."

With that Menat suddenly found herself back in her bed. Considering how dark it was still it seemed to be in the middle of the night.

@Yun Lee

"Jeez..." Menat lay back on her bed, sighing deeply. At least things were going to be taken care of now, right? And she would be on the front lines helping it get done. Find the base, deal with Shadaloo a second time, and maybe her work for the time being would be over and done with. ...until Master Rose sent her on another crazy mission, of course.

With that all done, Menat closed her eyes and tried to get some more sleep. With the inevitable fight on the horizon, she was gonna need it.

@Jeremi

The rest of Menat’s night went on without any disturbance and as morning came she could hear a knock at her door. Going to open she’d find Shuri standing on the other side of the door. “I trust that you have slept well? I’ve had breakfast prepared so when you are fit you can join me in the dinner room.”

@Yun Lee

Oh good, breakfast, That would be the perfect time to speak with Shuri about her...experience last night. "Thanks! I'll be there in no time." She'd waste no time in getting ready and heading to breakfast. Now was not the time to beat around the bush.

@Jeremi

As Menat came down she found the table in front of her loaded with different types of food from fruits to an assortment of meats and bread. Shuri was evidently eating a bowl of cereal of the sugary variant. “What?” She asked as she saw Menat. “Imports are hard to come by, I got to have my cereal.”

@Yun Lee

Menat laughed. "Don't worry, I don't judge. That stuff's too good to pass up completely." She ate in silence for a bit, waiting for the right moment to start the conversation. How to go about this... "Hey, uh, Shuri? Do you know who Charles Xavier is?"

@Jeremi

Shuri stopped in mid-bite and looked up at Menat. "I do. While I know that Krakoa has a...council of some sort Xavier's always been at the focal point of mutant and human relations. Why do you ask?"

@Yun Lee

Here goes... "Well, uh...last night he kind of talked to me. In my mind, I think? After what we did yesterday, Krakoa is going to launch a surprise attack on Shadaloo. He asked if I could help, which I will." She paused. "He was also wondering if either you or T'Challa would join in. I told him I'd talk to you about it, but nothing more than that, in case you'd rather not."

@Jeremi

Shuri was quiet as she placed her spoon down next to the bowl and took a few deep breaths. "...Of course, why wouldn't he?" She was quiet for a few more seconds before she continued. "I will say it right now, we will not bring my brother into this. He is still investigating the Dario Agger situation as well as his duties to Wakanda and the Avengers."

She leaned back in her chair in thought. "I know exactly why he wants us there. Showcasing human and mutant relations, with a sovereign from a country that rejected his offer...even so..." She leaned over the table staring at her cereal before she looked up at Menat. "I can't let you go alone now can I? What else do you know? Did he tell you where the base was located?"

Menat's mind would instantly recall the country where it was located. Someplace called Sin-Cong.

@Yun Lee

"...Sin-Cong?" God, this put her out of her appetite. Menat knew asking this would be awkward, but this was more uncomfortable than she'd imagined. "I don't know where that is, though.."

@Jeremi

Another audible groan from Shuri. "I do, and perhaps I would have realized that they were stationed there. Calling it a commnuist-ruled puppet state is the most positive thing I can say to describe it." She sighed and picked up her spoon. "Sounds like we will be needing a hearty breakfast today."

@Yun Lee

Menat went back to eating, though this whole mess was making her not nearly as hungry as she would normally be. "With any luck there won't be any more running around after this..."

@Jeremi

"One can only hope." The tone of the breakfast turned quite sour but as they finished Shuri got out of her chair. "I believe the time is of the essence if we are going to do this. Better get started to get re-"

Before she could finish speaking a portal emerged from thin air in the room. Out of it a person floated out.

He didn't speak but Shuri recognized him. "I believe we have the pleasure to meet Gateway. He's a mutant. It would seem that we have a quick trip to Sin-Cong in front of us."​

@Yun Lee

"Nice to meet you..." Menat quietly greeted. "That was...awfully fast." She couldn't help but glance around, wondering what else X had access to than just reaching her in her mind. This was starting to feel like a huge breach of privacy...

@Jeremi

"The mutants are...not subtle at times. Especially if they want something," Shuri said made her way towards the portal and stepped through.

Once Menat followed through they'd find themselves in a veritable warzone with different mutants flying past them or on the ground fighting against what Menat would recognize as Shadaloo soldiers, a surprising amount of them too. Had they been recruiting in this world too? It was quite hard to get their surroundings but they seemed to be in a compound of some sort in a jungle. It was also hard to tell which side was winning in the chaos.

"This is one way to stop a war on your soil. You bring it to them!" Shuri shouted over the explosions erupting around them.

@Yun Lee

"This is exactly what I saw in my prediction!" She didn't know where to start, or where to go to next. She'd never exactly been in a full-on war before...

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back