Ame Damnee Kryamn Forest

Imogen
Kryamn Forest, Outskirts of Camp

The golden barrier above Cazimir and Imogen disappeared as the man stood and removed himself from her. He was addressing Lisa now and Imogen watched as he grabbed her wrist, spitting words at Lisa. Cazimir was clearly upsetting the child with his actions and then he froze her feet in place. Imogen watched as the girl began to cry, she watched as the girl huddled over herself and hugging her knees. The growling could be heard and felt throughout the forest; the spirit was angered with their actions toward its precious child. Its precious Lisa.

"Cazimir... stop. Listen." Imogen warned, a hand appearing on his arm. "We've angered the forest." The young Fae then took a step toward Lisa, crouching down to establish eye contact. "Lisa, come on... Don't cry. We can fix this, alright? We just need to work toge-"

Imogen's words were cut short as the grumbling intensified and a large stag began to materialize behind the girl. Imogen quickly got up, backing away and into Cazimir as the creature appeared before them. Her hand reached behind her to grasp him, to feel his skin; protection. Imogen's eyes met with the stag's as he brought his antlers down toward them, just as fast as they came they were deflected with a golden forcefield that now surrounded the couple. Imogen continued to stare into the spirit's eyes behind the barrier that protected them, they were safe as long as the remained there. Out of the brush, Rythe appeared, throwing his palm into the magnificent beast in an attempt to push it back and away from them.

"and what if we can't lose the spirit in the woods? This is his domain after all." Imogen stated, keeping her eyes on the beast. "It's protecting Lisa. She has to stop crying or we have to get out of these woods."

Rythe, Kryamn Forest, Outskirts of Camp

He stepped unsteadily back, bumping into the barrier. Feeling the barrier's expanse, his form brightened into a white streak that sped beneath the barrier, slightly through the soil, before he reformed within the shield. "How long can you hold this barrier? If you can't keep it held under its attack, break it and I can hold it back while you talk to Lisa or prepare to put up another. We're going to have to hurry, though, we wouldn't want to have anyone from the camp to get injured." Sitting down nearby Lisa, Rythe shut his eyes momentarily before glancing at the ice, "You should release her by the way. There was no real point in doing that to begin with..." He quieted while closing his eyes, expanding his senses outwards instead of relying simply on sight. His mind wandered on the possibilities of escaping their predicament. If they couldn't stop the tears, extreme measures would have to be taken... The camp would have to mobilize, which could take about half an hour, or less if they abandoned supplies, and storm out the forest. But then, the question would be: would Lisa still accompany them along their journey? Regardless, the company would have to advance at breakneck speeds to Fairharvest or risk becoming subject to attrition. The situation was troubling to say the least... Hopefully, the spirit would disappear when Lisa calmed.

Last edited:
Ratchel
Kyramn Forest-Campfire

The noises from the forest became too violent to ignore the howl of a wild animal howling and sounds of fighting made Ratchel shoot up. Lisa was in that forest! "Lisa!" Screw orders from Ryuna, Ratchel wasn't about to let a child possibly get eaten! Motherly instincts overpowering Warden training and common sense as she picked up her staff Glory and her shield Invincible and dashed off into the woods. Some of the other wardens seemed to share this idea either out of urgency for those who had went in or just the cry of battle.

Dodging branches and thorns running at an increasing speed the sound grew louder and louder, until. She and two other Wardens dashed out of the thick bushes only to see what looked to be an Albino stag but far bigger than any she had ever seen and it seemed to be smashing its antlers into a golden shield that contained Imogen, Rythe, and Cazimir... But melted down near them her feet trapped in ice as she cried her eyes out was Lisa. "Lisa!" She yelled as she sprinted towards the girl the other two Wardens following suit offering defense soon more came from the bushes at least 7 others came. and started to surround the beast, Ratchel just quickly melted down next to the poor girl wrapping her arms around the child her voice was almost like a windchime despite the howls from the creature. "Shhhh Little one. Don't cry, you're going to be safe." Smiling despite the fear in her stomach, what the hell is that thing?

Last edited:
Cazimir Heskel
Kryamn Forest

Cazimir sighed heavily as he snapped his fingers, the ice on the girl's feet instantly melting. The point was to have the little girl stop following them so he and Imogen could talk, but it does not matter now, not with the huge monster-spirit in front of them. He gave her an irritated look, as if he now could not stand the sight of her, and murmured his breath, especially when the warden came to soothe her. "Safe? Nobody here is, anymore. That's great. Proving me right, aren't you?" The commotion seemed to not have gone unnoticed as she heard people rush in towards their direction, presumably the wother wardens. Would Renee run all the way here? he wondered. It was not out of her character, but he really hoped she wouldn't. In fact, he had a feeling what she's most likely do. He knew how violent spirits of the forests could be. It already started attacking all the other wardens, and soon enough Cazimir could no longer stand by in their safety bubble. "Goddammit." he murmured as he unsheathed his sword. "Imogen, Miss Warden, take care of the child. Only she can stop this. I don't think there's a way to kill this monster. Unless anyone is willing to burn this entire forest down." As long as the forest lives, the spirit will thrive. He turned to Imogen with a determined look. "Imo, please let me out."

As soon as the barrier dropped, he ran out, towards the beast.

"Hey! I was the one who upset your little pet human! Come at me!" he yelled with a confident grin. His ice seemed to dance as it formed right where he wanted it to, as he slid easily through it and towards the monster. The creature set its eyes on him and roared, raising its hand to bare its claws at him, but he raised his left hand to deflect it, holding the beast's giant claw by his hand, as it seemed to be unable to penetrate his glove. Cazimir raised his blade, aiming to slice the monster's hand clean off, knowing however that even if he manages to do so, it will still be futile. He didn't think this beast will be killed so easily. In fact, he didn't think this beast will be killed at all. So why did I charge in here? he wondered. To buy time. So that at least, for a few moments, he could keep everyone else in the area safe. Imogen, most of all. She may have a powerful barrier, but she'll get tired sooner or later. They need to figure something out. This is my fault, isn't it? he thought to himself. But the girl needed to know the cruel truth. She can't live in her bubble forever.

"Don't apologize when you're right." he murmured to himself. A lesson he learned from the personification of Pride herself. It made him smile. He set his sword and made a big arc, wondering if the icy blade he had crafted himself will affect the beast at all.

Rene'ilyah
Kryamn Forest - Campfires

Passionate? She almost laughed. He was passionate alright, for all the good reasons, and all the bad applications. Ratchel almost seemed like she was trying to say something nice about him. "That man has always been a jerk, huh." she commented. Suddenly there was noises in the forest. People stood up in alarm, including Ratchel. Before she knew it the warden was running to the forest in the direction of the commotion, along with a few others. The bird golem she had casted out earlier came back looking nervous, chirping incessantly, and when it touched her finger, she understood what was happening. The Spirit of the Forest. The fairy girl, Cazimir, Rythe and the others trying to calm it down. Injured wardens. Chaos.

She looked around. Everyone else seemed to be eager to go out in there, albeit it being obviously dangerous. In fact, the other wardens seemed to be gearing up to charge and attack. She commended their bravery, but they didn't know what's out there. She does. Fools. She was young, and inexperienced, but she knew unless she does something, this will just be a big massacre.

Renee casually stood up, tearing a page in her sketchpad and throwing it in the air. Butterflies, the exploding kind she had used against her father, escaped from her drawings on the paper, dozens and dozens of them, flying around and settling at the perimeter of the camp. The angel unfurled her wings, standing between the wardens and the chaos in the woods. "Your leaders said to stay safe at camp." she told them. "I saw that the beast is being taken care of for now. If you go there, you will just be a nuisance, and will most likely die. That's why..." she trailed off, with an intense look in her eyes.

"Anyone who wants to go out from this point onwards..." her eyes narrowed as she unsheathed her sword and made a stance. "...will have to do so over my dead body."

Brutus Magnolia - Kryamn Forest

He stayed in Rhiannon's embrace for a long while, until he suddenly heard the sounds of growling and howls from what seemed to be the forest itself. The Kitsune had warned them about the forest spirit and his heart started to race again. Imogen is still out there. His first instinct was to rush out and help, but he stopped, doubting himself. What if he just made things worse again? He didn't understand what they were facing, neither did the other wardens who were charging foolishly to their deaths, including the mother Ratchel.

Rythe's advice, Imogen's hurtful words, Rhiannon's soothing voice, they coalesced into an answer. Sometimes the best thing you can do, is not get involved. The angel, Renee, whom he hadn't shared much conversation with, seemed to be trying to prove that fact as she stood before the rest of them, protecting them from what would surely be an early grave. He might not be able to help Imo, but he could protect the rest of them, they still needed a group to return after finding the plume.

He put a hand on Rhiannon's shoulder, with a look that told her not to worry. He walked to the angel with a smile on his face. "Well said!" He applauded as he stood beside her. "Renee has my support, anyone who wishes to rush to death will have to get through me as well." He shifted to his hybrid form. He didn't wish for combat, he hoped the other wardens would see reason.

Rene'ilyah

Renee blinked, surprised when the lycan was with her. She had expected everyone to relent and argue, especially him, as he seemed to be rather protective of the faery girl Cazimir was smitten with. She couldn't help but smile at his support. He might have learned a thing or two. She had always done things, alone...

Alone. She had always been alone. Moving on her own, deciding things in her own, protecting people on her own, she never really cared about what others would think. Whether they see her as a savior or a self-serving pile of arrogance, she didn't care. Her father raised her to be able to stand at her own two feet, not relying on anyone else. But being supported... for the first time in her life... and having someone stand beside her...

Who knew it would feel so nice?

She smiled, finding a newfound strength inside her as she seemed to be more determined, more at ease, and more confident of her decision. "You have my gratitude, lycan."

Reactions: Rue
Imogen
Kryamn Forest

Imogen watched as Rythe slithered into her barrier from underneath the soil. Appearing next to her, he asked how long she could sustain their position. "As long as I'm conscious..." she replied. From the bushes appeared the Warden, Ratchel and following her was the sound of many other Wardens. It wouldn't be long before the spirit was surrounded but Imogen knew that it would likely not be enough; she had grown up in Oblitus and had traversed its lands in length. It was true, though, she had not come to face a spirit before but as she watched the incredible beast she knew that it would likely not fall easily, if at all.

"Imo, please let me out," Cazimir asked, after telling her to protect Lisa. Imogen looked to Cazimir, a worry in her eye that quickly faded as she knew that he could most likely take care of himself. The Fae nodded her head, dropping her barrier and releasing Cazimir. "Be careful. I'll help you where I can." she projected into his mind. Imogen's radiant white wings materialized, granting her an increased ability to be more agile in the battle. She flew over to Lisa and Ratchel, looking down at them while keeping one eye on Cazimir as he skated around on his ice. She would engage with the forest spirit and help Cazimir buy everyone more time if necessary, besides, she was quick in the air; a natural ability attuned to being a Faery.

Imogen's attention turned back to Lisa and Ratchel as she knelt down before them. "Lisa, Lisa. Listen to my voice little one." The girl continued to cry, huddled into her legs. "Lisa." Imogen projected her voice into the child's mind, trying to get her attention.

Ratchel
Kyramn Forest

Ratchel held the child tightly in her arms the other Wardens that came to aid in the battle were quickly getting destroyed by the large creature. The playboy Cazimir drew the creature's attention and seemed like he was holding his own. For how long was anyone's guess since Ratchel read that some creatures in Oblitus are powerful enough to dominate a whole platoon of Elite wardens.

As soon as Imogen knelt down before her and Lisa, Ratchel's eyes started to glow a faint gold. It didn't take long until a large mass of crystals Materialized out of the ground and started to build off each other until it created a dome of Crystal around them hard enough to keep that stag at bay if its attention was drawn to them. Eyes returning to their normal amber, Ratchel turned her gaze to Imogen. "What happened?" Worry and sterness was in her tone.

Rythe, Kryamn Forest, Outskirts of Camp

Rythe only sat still as Cazimir left the barrier's protection, silent in his contemplation. If the man wanted to prove a point at his own expense, when there was a looming danger, there wasn't much Rythe intended to do besides saving his life if need be. He fared well against the spirit, managing to have repelled its initial attack, seemingly not fazed by it. But, like all beings, none can hold the unstoppable force back, regardless of how weak that force may seem. There were an uncountable number of these beings in the world beyond their safe haven, some being even worshiped, but all being incomprehensibly dangerous in their own merit. It seemed quite... well, insane to step before one alone, even if the spirit was a weaker one.

Sensing Ratchel's arrival, he glanced at the new crystalline dome while unwrapping the long chains from his wrist. Rising from his position, he worriedly cast a look towards Lisa and Imogen, he answered, "It seems that someone has upset Lisa who has quite the connection to the forest hence the big hulking stag spirit bearing down upon us." He would be quite useless in making the girl content again, much less happy... He certainly did fail with his mortal friends from centuries prior and has not exactly improved in the years following. Whirling his bladed chains, his hands seemingly instantly propelled at least 3 into the crystalline wall, cracking it slightly. "Terribly sorry, but I'm going to need a weak point to escape from should Cazimir need assistance, which he undoubtedly will if this doesn't wrap up soon." Discreetly, his eyes occasionally glanced at the chains, feeling the bloodlust brush against his consciousness.

Last edited:
Lisa
Too many things were happening, the mosters where everywhere, touching her, telling her soothing things as the forest tried it's best to protect her. "Forest..." Lisa mumbled through her legs as her feet were suddenly freed from the strange material. "I don't know anymore.." She sighed hopelessly, her tear-stricken faced now a puffy red and a slight headache creeping up on her mind from it all. The nice lady from before had appeared next to her, as had the girl, who had begun flying somehow, like one of the many birds she had seen floating around the tops of the trees on many of the fine days she had lived here, a voice seemed to pop into her head, not exactly intrusive or scary, but comforting. "What *hic* you want.." Lisa repeated from earlier, albeit in a much more hushed tone as she ignored the roars from outside. She lowered her knees and raised her head to face them all, rubbing her eyes with her arm, her hair a mess after falling from the heights of a tree and covered in a few scratches she hadn't noticed before, her hat lying outside on the same tree. "I want to go home..." Lisa said illogically, already being home, but finding comfort in the phrase. Lisa just wanted everything to be happy, like it had, but suddenly everyone was angry or sad, and it was all her fault. She wanted to curl up again, but restrained herself and continued her hopeless gaze at the faces around her.

Ratchel
Kyramn Forest

Holding the crying form of Lisa in her arms as Imogen and she tries to talk some sense into Lisa. "Lisa. Lisa." Her voice was struggling to be gentle as Ratchel witnessed the chaos outside, Dozens of Wardens surrounding the stag as Cazimir seemed like the only one right now having the most fruitful progress. Thought that was not saying much. Ratchel embraced the sobbing child and cooed. "We'll all get out of here. Just put your trust in me and Imogen." Putting on a brave smile for both Lisa and herself, fighting back the fear of what was outside as she brushed Lisa's messy hair away, she was so young to her so young and fragile. Another howl ripped through the air as a male warden was kicked a sicking snap revealed that his spine was shattered. ....I have to at least try to do something. looking Lisa straight in the eyes, wanting to protect this child and the other Wardens no matter what. "Imogen. Please look after her, I'm throwing my hat into the ring." Looking at the crack that Rythe made, wanting to scold him and tell him that he could have just asked her to let him out! It wasn't hard. The dome instantly formed a door with a little nob. "Also. Ask me, next time you want out!" She snapped at the Ethereal opening the door to let herself out. soon as she stepped out Shield and spear in hand her wings extending out.

Rhiannon - Kryamn Forest

The vampire was on the verge of having a heart attack at this point. Well if she could have a heart attack and die from it. When Brutus and Rene banded together to keep the group from growing smaller she sighed softly almost happily as she took a step towards the pair, “Attempt to leave and you give me a reason to drain you dry.”

Most likely wouldn’t have tried their luck against a hungry vampire. Much less a hungry vampire, a lycan, and warden, “Hell in a handbasket,” She muttered only to blink at the kitsune that stood towards the middle of the area. Something was off about the beast again.

Ryuna, Kryamn Forest

Watching yet another leave the kitsune decided she wasn’t going to watch any longer. She couldn’t. Not when she knew how to stop the fighting that reverberated through the forest. Her eyes danced over the group before she bowed to them, “I’m afraid I have no choice but to act at this point.”

She let her hands come together as if she was praying as her eyes drifted closed. Doing what she was about to do would destroy much of the energy she had managed to regain in this forest. The blue fires slowly took on the forms of nine foxes each constructed from the blue flames she controlled. Her eyes opened slightly before she flung her hands out to her side, “Burn every tree,” Was the sharp sad command she gave the beasts before the rushed away from the group setting flame to every tree around.

The flames wouldn’t bring harm to anyone in the group. After all they had passed through them already. They had been given her blessing to survive her abilities should she ever turn on them. Tears filled her eyes as she listened to the forest try to fight back and live.

The Forest Spirit seemed slightly surprised when the barrier was able to stop his attack. He snorted as he stood straighter again only to find himself under attack as an Ethereal slammed his palm into his chest. To avoid possibly hurting Lisa the beast dispersed its current physical form appearing a good ten feet away from the child and the unwelcome. He took a moment to assess the situation as another unwelcome guest to his land arrived erecting another barrier this one contained his little one.

Snorting at this he stomped his hoof. Lowering his head slightly he tried to see if there was perhaps a way underneath the barriers. Sadly the golden energy one guarded from every possible angle. He was very displease with this discovery. The Spirit glanced behind it as it sensed something of greater harm to itself and the forest. Put in a situation where it had to choose between two highly important things the forest spirit had little choice but to leave the current issue till the other was dealt with. After all there was no use in trying to keep Lisa if they had no home left. He was also sure the girl wouldn’t leave if given the option.

Allowing its physical form to fade once again it made its way quickly to deal with the kitsune who was starting fire to many of the old trees. Her own promise was something he had chose to ignore just a he had demanded she make those with her obey his laws. The fires were something not even he could do much more than watch as they consumed the vital life of the forest.

Reactions: Rue
Imogen
Kryamn Forest

Imogen nodded as the angel asked for her to look after Lisa. The woman created a strange door in her crystal barrier and exited, preparing her battle stance. The Fae wished her luck silently in her head and the turned her attention back to the sorrow filled child in front of her. The only way for them to survive the spirit forest would be for Lisa to calm down and the only way to calm the child would involve entering her mind to find a reassuring or happy memory. Imogen didn't like to snoop but when a crisis called, she had little choice. The Fae sighed as she tried to ignore the sounds of death and battle around her. She focused on Lisa, closing her eyes gently as she forced out all of her own thoughts to make room for the child's.

Laughter. Trees. Squirrels. A child. Play. It was play time in the forest and a young girl, Lisa, was chasing squirrels. Her laughter echoed through the tangling trees as she jumped from branch to branch, over and under, over and under. The squirrels were fast though and the child barely kept up with them but she continued to chase them down with a smile spreading from ear to ear. Happiness. Innocence. Joy. Pure joy.

That was it, that was the memory to draw on and bring forth to the front of Lisa's mind. It was the memory Imogen would use to hopefully calm the child. The Fae slowly opened her eyes and smiled softly at Lisa, she could still feel the pure joy from the memory she just saw. She only hoped that the bringing the memory forward would do the same for Lisa and everything would be calm.

Imogen wanted to check on the others with a painful ache but she knew that she couldn't leave the child right now. Her job was to watch over Lisa and she was going to follow through with her job this time. Imogen was worried though, all she could do from inside the crystal barrier was spectate and watch. Her attention wandered from Lisa to the scene outside of the barrier to notice the giant stag disappearing into nothingness. What's going on? the Fae thought, she checked in the only way she knew how. Imogen thought of Cazimir, of Cazimir's mind, and sent him a mental message, Cazimir, what's going on out there? What happened to the forest spirit?

Lisa
Lisa watched the memory, as though she were living through the events all over again, she smiled through the sadness as everything around her seemed to disperse, the sadness disappearing slowly, yet remaining there. "S-sorry.." she mumbled in that signature hiccuping voice children have after crying as she wiped the tears from her eyes. She shuffled up from the ground, picking up her hat and returning it to its place on her head. She watched as everything seemed to stop, all the fighting until all that seemed to remain was the broken and battered bodies of others she simply did not know. "W-what h-happened..?" She continued. She hadn't seen anything through all her tears, just some sort of ethereal... Shape that had been blurred by her tears. The flying girl was still there above her, and the cruel man from before was still there, and everyone seemed just like before, except bruised and bloodied and looking rather grim. "What this?" She pondered silently to herself, tapping at the shiny golden surface surrounding her. "F-forest?! You okay?" She tried calling, her voice returning to her, yet her brain remaining sore from dehydration, her arms still scratched from her fall. An ominous feeling hung in her chest though as she noticed some darker 'clouds' in the sky through the small patches of space past the canopy. "What.. Are those..? Not like normal clouds.."

Rene'ilyah

Shock became evident on the angel's face as she realized what the kitsune had done. Burn every tree. she had said, as her fiery incarnations ran over outside the perimeter of the camp. "Wait!" she shouted, willing the butterflies to come after them and explode in their faces. She was able to eliminate one or two through the idea of backfire, but the rest continued on to their mission--- destruction. Anger seethed through the angels's veins as she heard the fire cackling all around them, the creatures doing their master's will. Her lips shivered, and she could not help but walk toward the kitsune, her scarlet eyes burning with rage.

"How... dare you. How dare you!" she said as she pointed her sword at her. "This forest may be a danger to us all, but it is not an excuse to kill off innocent lifeforms. We are the intruders here. The birds, the animals, Lisa... they did nothing wrong, but you're destroying their home! And you dare call yourself an ally of New Eden? SHAME ON YOU!" She said as she flapped her wings, the wind blasting a little bit around her. She stared at everyone else as she continued. "If you are all just going to stand there and let this atrocity occur to save your own hides, I am ashamed to be part of this group. I am ashamed to have all these selfish cowards be my city's army!" And with that, she braced her feet on the ground, extending her wings as she flew, the butterflies following after her like petals swept by the wind, eager to stop the raging forest fire.

Up above, she could see the destruction the little flame demons have already made. She furiously looked around the pages of her sketchpad. She had no time to lose on drawing now! There has to be something. And then she saw it: an image of a storm. It was very detailed, and will be very strong. And although she is sure this will sap her of her energy, she raised her hand and concentrated. "Come!"

Thunder flashed through the otherwise cloudless sky. It was then that storm clouds started appearing out of nowhere. The wind howled as the raindrops fell all over the forest, slowly at first, and then getting stronger and stronger. She got soaked, and she could feel her energy draining out of her at an alarming pace, but she concentrated, pushing herself to the limit as she kept the storm going along. And yet... it wasn't enough. The flames are magic as well, it will take more than this to save the forest. Her heart broke, and she find herself for the nth time, praying. Aditi, please help us save the forest. Someone... someone do something!

***​

Cazimir Heskel
Kryamn Forest

Cazimir, what's going on out there? What happened to the forest spirit?

He didn't know. He was just battling the spirit one second and it was gone the next. It was then when he saw the smoke from the trees that he realized what has happened. This was unnecessary! Imogen was calming Lisa down well enough! They were so close to getting this all sorted out peacefully... "Some bastard set the forest on fire!" he yelled, not realizing how angry he felt. As much he wanted the commotion done with, the option of actually killing the forest was off the table.

And then it started raining. He didn't know who it was, but the forest spirit cannot possibly manipulate weather. Thank Aditi someone out there has some sense! Regardless, it was not enough. The flames we're still burning, unstable, but not dying anytime soon. "Goddammit!" he cursed under his breath as he crouched down and put his palms on the ground. He was thankful for the rain, it connected everything through the moisture, and with that he was able to freeze every tree, every blade of grass, every shrub, successfully cutting off the fire from its fuel. The flames would sizzle and die, or at least he hoped so, because right after the moment he felt his consiousness fading, feeling like he was sucked out of his life energy, which was possibly accurate: he had never done that on such a big area before. Eh? he thought as his vision blurred and his throat dried, the last thing he saw was the frozen ground before everything turned black.

As soon as he fell to the ground, the ice started slowly melting, and the storm abruptly stopped. Someone out there, unknown to all, an angel blacked out from the strain and started falling...

Alhon
Kyramn Forest

Alhon sprinted; the smell of cheap booze and cigars coming off of his breath as he panted for air. He ran and ran, almost tripping on the uneven ground below him, his chest began to hurt. Alhon had been running for quite some time and he had barely gotten any rest the night before. Fatigue began to set-in but the storm was keeping him well awake. He pulled out his swords as he saw a fire in the distance, he heard screams and shouts. As he was getting closer, suddenly, the rain stopped. Alhon looked around puzzled on how a storm that big could suddenly stop but he then looked up. He saw something with wings falling from the sky, he sighed and thought to himself in Hgronian, "Wí és a Alhon..."; he made one last push to make it to the angel he had met earlier. He pushed and pushed, he could feel his calves begin to burn and his chest begin to twist, he put on his mask, and made it underneath the angel. He looked straight up and found himself thinking three things; A). She is falling might fast isn't she? B). You better move, because she is right above you and you'll just catch her with your face, and finally, C). MOVE DUMBASS!; Alhon moved slightly back and dropped his swords on the ground, he opened his arms, and waited, ready to withstand the impact.

Imogen
Kryamn Forest

"What.. Are those..? Not like normal clouds.." Lisa asked. Imogen rose to her feet, her barrier disappearing around her, as she turned to look at what Lisa was referring to. Black clouds; smoke. "Some bastard set the forest on fire!" Cazimir's voice rang throughout the clearing, an unnerving anger to the undertone. The forest, on fire? Who would do such a thing... Imogen wondered and then remembered the fox who had created the campfires, no, she didn't, did she? What are we going to do, what can we do? If I can get out of the forest maybe... maybe I can trap the fire but I can't stop it from spreading. Why now, why is this happening right now!?

drip... drip... drip...

Imogen's hand quickly found her face to wipe off the wetness that kissed her cheek, though it wasn't tears; it was rain. A storm had appeared above them, dark clouds settled in as the sound of thunder clapped against the sky. It had appeared at the perfect time, almost too perfect. This was not the blessing of Aditi, this was the doing of someone else. The Fae stared at the monstrosity taking place in front of her, completely unable to move and drowning in a sense of hopelessness until it became very cold and everything around her turned to ice. Imogen's eyes darted around, unable to understand the complexity of what just happened; she felt as if she was in some kind of a winter wonderland, it was truly a thing of beauty in a moment of catastrophe. "How..." she asked aloud, knowing too well that to do something like that on such a large scale would exhaust any person. Then it hit her, she remembered Cazimir rushing toward her on a slide of ice. "No!" Imogen blurted out, whirling her body around to see Cazimir falling to the ground.

"Cazimir!" she called, flying over to him quickly and dropping to her knees. Her hands cupped his face, it looked as if he was sleeping. She pressed her ear to his chest in a panic. Thump. Thump. Thump. A heartbeat, thank the gods. Imogen lifted her head from his chest and stared at him, even though he was still alive he didn't look well. She lifted his head lightly and placed it in her lap, one hand was on his chest and the other running through his hair. The man had expelled so much energy to save the forest, the forest he was damning not long before it set ablaze. The Fae smiled softly while looking at his resting face, I knew you were a good man... but I wonder if I can ease your pain a little. Imogen's wings began to flutter behind her, shimmering in the twilight as they emitted a faint white glow. A dusting began to appear and fall around her as she cradled Cazimir's exhausted body in her lap. Imogen knew that her faery dust could heal wounds but she wasn't sure about this, she just knew she had to try. "Please just wake up, Cazimir. Please..."

Rythe, Kryamn Forest

Rythe's senses tingled as the forest was set ablaze, his hands gracing the small knob against the wall, lightly turning it before throwing open the door. His boots slammed against the ground, slowly yet steadily moving towards the center of the clearing, staring out at the crumbling remnants of burned trunks and the charred ashes of the leaves coating the soil. His tired eyes surveyed the lands surrounding him, flinching ever so slightly as the raindrops began to grace his hood. His eyebrows raised with the magical fire raging forth, uninhibited by the rain, thoughts flowing clearly through his mind. The ice suddenly forming and cutting off the blades of fire, previously chopping at the trees, didn't seem to phase him as he watched Cazimir drop from exhaustion. The chaos and disorder throughout the entire encounter only served to enrage him, all of which could have been avoided, quite easily to say the least... His fingers lightly outlined the locket underneath his shoulder plate, debating his decisions to follow.

Roaring the name of his illuminated blade, it returned to its owner in an arc through the trees. His heavy gauntlet grasped the hilt just as the last of the light it emitted faded from the area whilst the other drew his windswept katana. Placing the swords across each other and beginning from the crossguard, the blades slid towards the tips, screeching an otherworldly echo, louder and louder, resonating throughout the forest. Their contact was cut short as they made 2 arcs, outwards in nearly opposite directions, leaving a trail that hung stagnant in the air for moments before beginning their rapid explosion outwards. While the waves left living beings blinded and unharmed, they cleared the ashes and charcoal left from the blazes as well as the shards of ices and water, scattering the pieces throughout the surroundings, leaving the area seeming as if it had always looked as it did now, devestation swept away. Rather than the previous light of the beacon sword, the light hung in the air, leaving no shadows untouched in a seemingly endless radius around the site of devastation.

Feeling his swords drained of power, he dropped them onto the soft, now-barren ground. Without wasting a second, his heavy steps left the scene, approaching the camp very quickly. His feet carried him towards the kitsune, past the piles of burned and ruined supplies, briefly standing in front of her before seizing her by the collar and hoisting her up, effortlessly. Growling, he nearly spat at her, "Ryuna, you've jeopardized this entire expedition, debilitated a volunteer, destroyed the wilderness, and threatened the lives of over 2 dozen wardens by utilizing your authority." Tearing off his hood with the other hand, his eyes were visibly enraged and his face contorted in restraint, he continued, "Had you not been of great service to our city and Raakshdos, I would execute you right now for treason and sabotage..." Releasing her from his grip, he dropped her, "I'm stripping you of authority to assume leadership in my stead. Be grateful I haven't relinquished you of all command, but from henceforth, you are not to issue any major decisions for the entire company."

"I'm sorry. We depart in 1 hour for Fairharvest."

Ryuna, Kryamn Forest

Memories. So many of them. They flooded her mind in a way that was crippling. Due to this and the rain and ice her flames died out. Her hands covered her face as her body shook slightly. Images of people lying dead at her feet made bile rise in her throat. Her very reflection covered in blood stood out among all the destruction she had raged on the very world around her.

There had been others. Only a handful their faces were blank to her memory at the moment. Her constant insistence to fit in among these humans and even those that were other was truly a lost cause. No one could bare a sin that was so rooted in envy like the one she saw in her memories. The kitsune there had little to no care for those that lived or died. She couldn’t feel the emotions they shared with each other. She wasn’t a being born from a mother and father but just a thing that was designed to be a weapon. A monster that had only one purpose. She was that which could change the world without much effort.

Aditi. She wanted to die. The fox had even tried to at one point only to find that any wound simply healed. The pain that went with that healing was unlike any other. It hurt more to have a head regrown that to have it cut off. Her world blurred slightly as she found herself sinking to the ground to land on her knees, “Do it,” She muttered, “Kill me if you believe you can but know this,” Her eyes slowly latched onto the ethereal that now yelled at her, “There is nothing that can stop what will happen from this day forward.”

Ryuna’s gaze stared at her own hands then. What she wouldn’t do to just vanish at this moment. The wails and cries of the forest around her echoed in her ears. Even as the great stag appeared above her bearing down upon her with its antlers.

The bones punctured her chest, stomach and right cheek as she stared blankly at the beast who then threw her across the newly made clearing. She landed roughly against a partly burnt tree before sliding down it to the ground. There was no mistaking the sound of her spine cracking against the hard surface. Shaking she sat up only to end up emptying her bowels on the floor. The dark nearly black blood that now covered her own feet and oozed out of several punctures only reminded her more of her sins against this world.

“I will pay for my sins. I always have,” She murmured as she attempted to get to her feet. Her body ached too much. Her mind was too foggy. Sagging back against the tree she let herself drift off into that dark world where only her mind could torture her.

Ratchel
Kyramn Forest

Soon as she stepped out of the crystal dome she constructed around both Imogen and Lisa, the situation seemed to get more chaotic than it already was. The spirit of the woods suddenly vanished into several orbs leaving behind the broken corpses of several Wardens, and then a forest fire that seemed to last as long as it began due to the combined efforts of a freak storm cloud. Though Ratchel could make an educated guess on who made it. The Playboy incubus freezing what looked like most of the forest halting the flames and finally the Ethereal showcasing incredible power by releasing shock wave that completely extinguished all the fire and just walked off to camp in a hurry, no doubt going to reprimand the pyro-manic kitsune who started this.

Collapsing to her knees on the hard ground, wet from the rain and cold from the ice. Ratchel was so tired. Both mentally and physically, she didn't even care about the man who just risked his life to stop the flames with an exertion of magic or really even about the fire. Just the many dead or wounded Wardens that littered the floor. How many had she known? How many of the wounded would be able to continue on this journey?.... Would she die like them if she risked her life for a kid that wasn't her own?..... "LISA!" Suddenly remembering why she decided to follow into the forest motherly instincts kicking in, she instanly went to the poor girl seeing that she walked out of the dome. "Lisa?" She said softly putting a hand on the child's shoulder.

Back