"I... y-yes, strange definitely feels like a fitting description," she mumbled, distantly. She was trying her best to shake off her rising panic at the self-inflicted notion that she might've helped the group with some sort of imaginary psychic power she knew wasn't real, but uh, it wasn't going super well.

"No duh something strange is going on," she eventually spat out in response to Clark. "An earthquake here isn't normal, right? Unless I've just been loopy on medication every time they've happened."

Placing his index finger on his chin, pondering when Lucinia mentioned medication and being 'loopy'. "Funny enough," he spoke up, "the orderlies here made sure I've taken some medication whenever I've felt...anxious." Clark folds his arms, tapping his foot lightly. If Clark was honest with himself, his time in the Institute was a blur, moments of clarity happening whenever he met with Doctor Staple and his fellow patients. "They did mention side effects, like memory loss."

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @ActivityRoom

Slowly standing up, Sylvia still clung on to Issac's arm. Part of her didn't want to let him go. She just got him back, after all. Taking a deep sigh, the Professor slowly let go of her husband's arm.
View attachment 10822

"Earthquake not included, this is a lot. Issac. I'm sorry if I'm overwhelming you. I can't stop say, how good it is to have you back."

Though Takara had been wholly ready to hunker down with the rest of the group in a pile despite the mental war she was waging, it ended up not being necessary. By the time she could start getting down on the floor, the crisis was over, as abruptly as it had begun. Mentally exhausted as she was by the experience as a whole, one part of it bugged her more than the rest.

She... hadn't been the one to do that, had she?

Blanching visibly, and still recovering, the distracted and mildly horrified woman ended up actually stumbling and falling on her ass. Under normal circumstances, she would've been humiliated by such a blunder, but she was too lost in her own head at the moment to care. She momentarily looked around the room with new eyes, in search of something she couldn't truly hope to perceive. It wasn't like she'd know if her own desperate wanting had been what had stopped the chaos, so it was a moot point to state at her surroundings like a deer caught in headlights. The room wasn't glowing green or anything absurd. That'd be good enough.

But... still. She might've held fast against the verbal prodding from Elijah, but the crazy experience that had just occurred definitely got to her. She was quiet as the others expressed their concerns with the situation, and ultimately ended up just staring at her own hands for a few long moments before finally seeming to tune back into reality again. With another couple of blinks, she managed to look up, placing a hand lightly to her temple as she caught the tail end of Clark's words. "I... y-yes, strange definitely feels like a fitting description," she mumbled, distantly. She was trying her best to shake off her rising panic at the self-inflicted notion that she might've helped the group with some sort of imaginary psychic power she knew wasn't real, but uh, it wasn't going super well.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Stayingbackgroup​

Smiling brightly at the rest of the group, Sylvia chimed in.

"Strange is a bit of an understatement. There are multiple strange things happening, if you ask me."

Looking back at Issac before turning back, another sigh.

"You are telling me that the doctor knew my husband was here and alive, and never told me? Legally, we share the same last name! Dr. Staple never come off to me as an incompetent. She had to know that we knew each other. Maybe I'm being too harsh. What does everyone think? "

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Neko Shogun @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom​

A confident smirk crossed her lips when she could hear Takera's compliment. It almost sounded forced. She could honestly tell her fellow facility patient knew nothing of video games just by looking at her. Lucinia just couldn't see someone who worked at a flower shop being the gaming type. "I am pretty proud of myself. Just like you must be pretty proud of your— err... flowers, or whatever. Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend to know anything about plants. I'd be bored outta my skull if I had to do what you do."

Although, Lucinia had to admit that she much rather would've worked in a flower shop instead of being in the center of an earthquake. Momentarily, she found herself hearing a mixture of suggestions to form a protective ring and more rumbles. Opting to ignore this advice, she stayed on the floor, putting her hands over her head. It was kind of dangerous for her to move in this situation when her balance was already off, so she figured staying in place for the time being was her best bet.

Thankfully, this encounter with danger was over almost as quickly as it had started. Ears ringing and vision swimming, the pro-gamer felt a pair of hands helping to steady her. She didn't really like being helped, but in this situation she really had no choice. She took Hagusa's support, staying close to him until her hearing would return. "Thanks," she mumbled half-heartedly, averting her gaze from the boy. "I think I'm okay. I'm just... really shaken up." She paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "No duh something strange is going on," she eventually spat out in response to Clark. "An earthquake here isn't normal, right? Unless I've just been loopy on medication every time they've happened."

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom​

"It's fine, just take your time. Your head alright?" Hagusa replied, helping her into one of the chairs still upright. From here, he was a bit hesitant. He wasn't one that had a lot of medical knowledge but he knew sometimes head injuries were very dangerous things. He also wasn't sure if the bluenette wanted him to fret over her and check her head in general.

Slowly standing up, Sylvia still clung on to Issac's arm. Part of her didn't want to let him go. She just got him back, after all. Taking a deep sigh, the Professor slowly let go of her husband's arm.
View attachment 10822

"Earthquake not included, this is a lot. Issac. I'm sorry if I'm overwhelming you. I can't stop say, how good it is to have you back."

"Strange is a bit of an understatement. There are multiple strange things happening, if you ask me."

"You are telling me that the doctor knew my husband was here and alive, and never told me? Legally, we share the same last name! Dr. Staple never come off to me as an incompetent. She had to know that we knew each other. Maybe I'm being too harsh. What does everyone think? "

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Neko Shogun @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom​

"He said he had amnesia, didn't he? That's probably why she didn't bring it up, but it's uh...still kinda weird." Hagusa replied with a shrug.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @York @Lucky @Josh @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Activity Room

"Nngh...!"

Elijah let out a labored groan, gasping out as he feared for his chances surviving a fall, even from his current position in the wheelchair, before Clark managed to valiantly keep him upright in the nick of time, with Hagusa pitching in to keep the wheelchair still, before the others in the room even came together to form a circle.

The earthquake persisted for a few more seconds, and then... eventually, it stopped, just as abruptly as it came, for one reason or another. As the rumbling came to a stop and the room calmed down, Elijah let out a breath, giving a wry look toward Clark in particular, the first one to leap to his help. "I give you my thanks, Mr. Kent. Glad to see I've got my own... personal superhero to call on," he said. Despite his knowing words, his eyes failed to hide a degree of genuine gratitude. For all he talked himself up as a supervillain mastermind, it was clear that he was far from infallible all the same.

With a breath, Fujiko staggered to her feet, brushing some stray hair behind her ear. "I-Is it over now? Where did that come from?" She inquired, before looking toward Elijah. "At least Mr. Twig over here is all safe and sound. I just don't know how I'd cope without him," the woman grunted sarcastically, having made no effort during the quake to contribute to the circle.
"And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken..." The Priest murmured in response to Fujiko's query. With a slow, intentional motion, Brother Patrick opened his palm, allowing his crucifix at his neck to swing freely once again. He released a gentle sigh. "And immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed... The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas... 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'" The fright faded from his face as he concluded his quote. "It's all part of that big Universal Plan...'

"Instead of tearing us asunder, this... ah.... small disaster has only brought us all a little closer together, I'm sure." His eyes drifted between Elijah and Fujiko, his smile weakening. "Let's shelve the snide remarks for a few minutes, and give thanks for the fact that we're all okay. Surely, we can set our interpersonal differences aside until we're certain that we're safe from any further after-shocks. We're all adults. We're all Brothers. We're all in this together..."

"An incompetent..." Patrick repeated to himself with a sign. "Let's not resort to name-calling so early on in our investigation..." His cheeks perked up to form an uneasy smile. "This is a deeply upsetting circumstance for everyone involved, I'm certain, but... Dr. Staple she... She seemed to know what she was doing. She's the one with the diagnoses, with the diplomas, with the dru---" He swallowed hard. "I just think... I just think that we should set down our stones until we've heard her side of the story. I'm sure she has her reasons... She hasn't steered us wrong thus far, now has she?"

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room​

"This is a deeply upsetting circumstance for everyone involved, I'm certain, but... Dr. Staple she... She seemed to know what she was doing. She's the one with the diagnoses, with the diplomas, with the dru---" He swallowed hard. "I just think... I just think that we should set down our stones until we've heard her side of the story. I'm sure she has her reasons... She hasn't steered us wrong thus far, now has she?"

Clenching his jaw, though his lips were closed, Clark began to ponder on which was the correct answer. Doctor Staple was busy with other patients, but she did seemingly omit important information; like Issac being present in the Institute. "Those who left," the journalist spoke up to Sylvia and Patrick, "they went out to get some answers. They might be hurt or worse."

View attachment 10823

A worry came to his mind, which filled him with some dread. "If we stay here any longer, something strange and direr might occur." Clark says, "A power outage....A sudden explosion?! I know I'm worrying over nothing, but what happened definitely wasn't normal. Elijah breaking his silence, the earthquake happening when we're supposed to be leaving? None of that is a coincidence at all!"

@Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @ActivityRoom

"And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken..." The Priest murmured in response to Fujiko's query. With a slow, intentional motion, Brother Patrick opened his palm, allowing his crucifix at his neck to swing freely once again. He released a gentle sigh. "And immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed... The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas... 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'" The fright faded from his face as he concluded his quote. "It's all part of that big Universal Plan...'

"Instead of tearing us asunder, this... ah.... small disaster has only brought us all a little closer together, I'm sure." His eyes drifted between Elijah and Fujiko, his smile weakening. "Let's shelve the snide remarks for a few minutes, and give thanks for the fact that we're all okay. Surely, we can set our interpersonal differences aside until we're certain that we're safe from any further after-shocks. We're all adults. We're all Brothers. We're all in this together..."

"An incompetent..." Patrick repeated to himself with a sign. "Let's not resort to name-calling so early on in our investigation..." His cheeks perked up to form an uneasy smile. "This is a deeply upsetting circumstance for everyone involved, I'm certain, but... Dr. Staple she... She seemed to know what she was doing. She's the one with the diagnoses, with the diplomas, with the dru---" He swallowed hard. "I just think... I just think that we should set down our stones until we've heard her side of the story. I'm sure she has her reasons... She hasn't steered us wrong thus far, now has she?"

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room​

Hagusa watched Patrick's cross as it dangled a moment, finding it almost ironic that after thinking about those who jad faith in gods and the like, that he didn't notice Patrick until now that he was speaking.

Clenching his jaw, though his lips were closed, Clark began to ponder on which was the correct answer. Doctor Staple was busy with other patients, but she did seemingly omit important information; like Issac being present in the Institute. "Those who left," the journalist spoke up to Sylvia and Patrick, "they went out to get some answers. They might be hurt or worse."

View attachment 10823

A worry came to his mind, which filled him with some dread. "If we stay here any longer, something strange and direr might occur." Clark says, "A power outage....A sudden explosion?! I know I'm worrying over nothing, but what happened definitely wasn't normal. Elijah breaking his silence, the earthquake happening when we're supposed to be leaving? None of that is a coincidence at all!"

@Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @ActivityRoom

Hagusa's fingers twitched at the mention of a power outage, hoping that none of those things would happen. While the first option seemed more possible than an explosion of all things, Hagusa hoped there wouldn't be a power outage at all.

"No point getting too worked up over something we can't explain or control, instead maybe make sure everyone here's okay and then worrying over the others?" He suggested. Everyone was already pretty shaken up, it wasn't going to help anyone to panic.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Not a Writer @Josh @Yun Lee @Sark @Neko Shogun @Activity Room

View attachment 10825

"And you seem like the kid who'd hop into a white van because you heard there's candy inside," Peter huffed toward Erin in turn. "All I'm saying is that we shouldn't--" He began, until Michelle volunteered and stepped forward to open the door herself.

"Hey, wait!" He attempted to exclaim, though of course, his words fell upon literal deaf ears. As Michelle pushed through the door with that, Peter standing cautiously behind her, they would find themselves in yet another hall. One much brighter lit than before. It was a much smaller hall, with another door in plain sight, along with a corner to the right.

As the group would move forward into the new, much brighter hall, Peter gulped slightly, before furrowing his brow as he realized this hall looked strangely familiar. "Wait a minute..." He murmured, taking another few steps forward before peering around the corner to the right. Down that corridor was a pair of double doors with a familiar sign that hung above that read Activity Room.

"What the hell? That's impossible!" Peter exclaimed in confusion. How could they have made one turn, walked straight ahead, only end up back where they started? With his confusion overtaking his prior apprehension, Peter jogged forward, pushing open the doors back to the Activity Room.

"I seem to be no worse for wear. A bona fide miracle," Elijah responded to Hagusa, maintaining his wry expression as he spoke.

Before everyone could get much further wondering about what had just happened, among other things, the doors burst open, revealing Peter and the others who followed him to find Dr. Staple had returned to the room. Peter in particular had a bewildered look on his face, though Fujiko paid it no mind as she was the first to speak to him.

"Oh, there you are. Did you manage to find the Doc?" Fujiko asked.

"Huh? Uh... No, we... we couldn't find her," Peter mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck in discomfort.

The woman gave a deadpan glare at him, before sighing in resignation. "Well, I guess it's to be expected. The earthquake probably messed up your sense of direction, right? Came completely out of nowhere."

"What earthquake?"
Peter asked with a furrowed brow, genuinely confused.

Fujiko only gave another glare. "... I know you're slow, Petrelli, but not this much. You can't be serious."

"No, I don't know what you're talking about! Right, guys? We don't remember any earthquake, right?" He asked back to those who accompanied him; Michelle, Erin, Flynn, Khada, and Morgan.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Sark

The journalist pinches the bridge of his nose, taking Hagusa's advice on calming down. But, Clark couldn't honestly do that since people could've gotten hurt here. People were likely hurt, and the strange occurrences that were happening to him. Images flashing in his mind, snapshots of people from Superman's life, which was supposed to be a delusion. But, could he continue to think that these flashes were delusions? The Superman fantasy is a result of stress and a desire to answer where he came from. He was the son of Martha & Jonathan Kent, regardless of being adopted. Clark was married to a wonderful woman and they both brought a joyful, brave little boy into the world.

But, since he heard Elijah share his words and experience a sudden earthquake; He didn't feel whole.

Before everyone could get much further wondering about what had just happened, among other things, the doors burst open, revealing Peter and the others who followed him to find Dr. Staple had returned to the room. Peter in particular had a bewildered look on his face, though Fujiko paid it no mind as she was the first to speak to him.

"Huh? Uh... No, we... we couldn't find her," Peter mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck in discomfort.

The woman gave a deadpan glare at him, before sighing in resignation. "Well, I guess it's to be expected. The earthquake probably messed up your sense of direction, right? Came completely out of nowhere."

"What earthquake?" Peter asked with a furrowed brow, genuinely confused.

Fujiko only gave another glare. "... I know you're slow, Petrelli, but not this much. You can't be serious."

"No, I don't know what you're talking about! Right, guys? We don't remember any earthquake, right?" He asked back to those who accompanied him; Michelle, Erin, Flynn, Khada, and Morgan.

"But," Clark's brows raised as the group who went into the hall returned, without Doctor Staple and also didn't feel the violent earthquake. "It felt like the entire building was shaking, for God's Sake!"

It was at this point that the journalist was beginning to hyperventilate, grabbing at each side of his own head. Many questions ran through his head, as little to no answers were being found. Though, there was one question that made Clark cease panting rapidly. Beginning to fix his hair, adjust his glasses, and turn his focus to Peter.

"Did anything strange happen while you were in the hallway?"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @EveryoneElse​
View attachment 10825

"And you seem like the kid who'd hop into a white van because you heard there's candy inside," Peter huffed toward Erin in turn. "All I'm saying is that we shouldn't--" He began, until Michelle volunteered and stepped forward to open the door herself.

"Hey, wait!" He attempted to exclaim, though of course, his words fell upon literal deaf ears. As Michelle pushed through the door with that, Peter standing cautiously behind her, they would find themselves in yet another hall. One much brighter lit than before. It was a much smaller hall, with another door in plain sight, along with a corner to the right.

As the group would move forward into the new, much brighter hall, Peter gulped slightly, before furrowing his brow as he realized this hall looked strangely familiar. "Wait a minute..." He murmured, taking another few steps forward before peering around the corner to the right. Down that corridor was a pair of double doors with a familiar sign that hung above that read Activity Room.

"What the hell? That's impossible!" Peter exclaimed in confusion. How could they have made one turn, walked straight ahead, only end up back where they started? With his confusion overtaking his prior apprehension, Peter jogged forward, pushing open the doors back to the Activity Room.

"I seem to be no worse for wear. A bona fide miracle," Elijah responded to Hagusa, maintaining his wry expression as he spoke.

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Sark

The journalist pinches the bridge of his nose, taking Hagusa's advice on calming down. But, Clark couldn't honestly do that since people could've gotten hurt here. People were likely hurt, and the strange occurrences that were happening to him. Images flashing in his mind, snapshots of people from Superman's life, which was supposed to be a delusion. But, could he continue to think that these flashes were delusions? The Superman fantasy is a result of stress and a desire to answer where he came from. He was the son of Martha & Jonathan Kent, regardless of being adopted. Clark was married to a wonderful woman and they both brought a joyful, brave little boy into the world.

But, since he heard Elijah share his words and experience a sudden earthquake; He didn't feel whole.

"But," Clark's brows raised as the group who went into the hall returned, without Doctor Staple and also didn't feel the violent earthquake. "It felt like the entire building was shaking, for God's Sake!"

It was at this point that the journalist was beginning to hyperventilate, grabbing at each side of his own head. Many questions ran through his head, as little to no answers were being found. Though, there was one question that made Clark cease panting rapidly. Beginning to fix his hair, adjust his glasses, and turn his focus to Peter.

"Did anything strange happen while you were in the hallway?"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky

Erin leaned on a chair and threw her leg up, performing a split.

"Oooh you can feel every room in this loony bin, Mr. Kent?" Erin said, matter of factly, "There was no earthquake, Equipment below the ground probably, just a little normal thingie,"

Erin sat in a seat and threw her feet in the air, "Same with the voice, probably some dumb chatter, they mentioned something about breaking something so that’s probably it,"

"A simple malfunction, a worker breaks a machine and that causes a malfunction. Only you guys felt it because the machine was underneath you, and we didn’t feel it because we were in the hallway,"

Erin stood up, clasping her hands together, a certain uncertainty in her face, it looked like half of her face wasn’t believing the words she was saying.

"That explains everything!"

View attachment 10825

"Well, that's good at least. The last thing we want is for anyone to get seriously hurt." Or die. He wasn't sure how he'd react if someone died right in front of him, in all honesty.

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @EveryoneElse

Erin leaned on a chair and threw her leg up, performing a split.

"Oooh you can feel every room in this loony bin, Mr. Kent?" Erin said, matter of factly, "There was no earthquake, Equipment below the ground probably, just a little normal thingie,"

Erin sat in a seat and threw her feet in the air, "Same with the voice, probably some dumb chatter, they mentioned something about breaking something so that’s probably it,"

"A simple malfunction, a worker breaks a machine and that causes a malfunction. Only you guys felt it because the machine was underneath you, and we didn’t feel it because we were in the hallway,"

Erin stood up, clasping her hands together, a certain uncertainty in her face, it looked like half of her face wasn’t believing the words she was saying.

"That explains everything!"

"The room was shaking pretty hard, old man nearly fell out his wheelchair and a few people fell, and you guys didn't feel it at all?" Hagusa asked, brows raised in disbelief.

"What was that about a voice?" He asked, further confused. Whatever Erin was saying about a machine didn't really explain everything. The sudden, rapid intensity...it felt real, and everyone left in the room experiencing it just couldn't be waved away.

@Ver @Capri @Jeremi @Rwac96 @Activity Room @Everyone

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi @Everyone
"Well, that's good at least. The last thing we want is for anyone to get seriously hurt." Or die. He wasn't sure how he'd react if someone died right in front of him, in all honesty.

"The room was shaking pretty hard, old man nearly fell out his wheelchair and a few people fell, and you guys didn't feel it at all?" Hagusa asked, brows raised in disbelief.

"What was that about a voice?" He asked, further confused. Whatever Erin was saying about a machine didn't really explain everything. The sudden, rapid intensity...it felt real, and everyone left in the room experiencing it just couldn't be waved away.

@Ver @Capri @Jeremi @Rwac96 @Activity Room @Everyone

"Oh the voice?" Erin asked, "Those were, most certainly, other people within this building! They were saying stuff like 'Don’t do that, you'll break it' and 'I'm in! Wish me luck, gentlemen!'"

Erin rocked on her heels a little bit, "That and the knocking, which was just, someone doing construction work on the building, definitely,"

"Also it must have been a really bad malfunction if it got Mr. Price out of his wheelchair,"

View attachment 10825

And to think, despite all of this, Flynn didn't even try to go back to his room - like he wanted to do in the first place. He didn't dignify Khada with a response.

As the group crept down the darkening hallway, filling it with the sounds of squeaking footsteps and hushed voices, the particular voices - the ones that everyone seemed to react to - caught Flynn as well. He flinched, stepping away from the source of the noise, only to realize that he was hearing a voice from somewhere nearby. His mind worked fast to rationalize; someone was in one of the nearby rooms. Raven Hill Memorial was a large complex with numerous doctors and patients milling around independent of Dr. Staple and her group. It could have even been a janitor or two, shooting the shit - that would explain the 'gentlemen' part.

Flynn's face grew a shade paler. The voice wasn't coming from the rooms. It wasn't coming from anywhere. He just heard it. Was he... hallucinating again? Some cruel trick that his mind was playing on him - torment him for decades on end with visions of Hell itself, only to trick him with something as toothless as a voice in his head. Flynn scowled, turning away from the door - only to realize that he lost track of the group. They were going straight for the doors, and Michelle was pushing it open.

"...!"

The marine broke into a jog, closing the distance within a few seconds whilst the group filed through the doorway. When he made it through the gap, Flynn stood next to Peter, looking down a brightly-lit hallway at a sign clearly labeled with Activity Room. His jaw hung wide, brows knitting together in disbelief.

"... That isn't- that doesn't make any sense," Flynn muttered, quietly, more to himself than anyone else, as his head lowered to the familiar floor beneath his feet. "Did we go in a circle... ?"

The room itself didn't look any different, but the people standing inside of it looked like they'd been through it. Almost instantly, Flynn became stone-faced, flicking his eyes between Sylvia, Takara and Clark, his brows furrowing in a silent question; what the hell happened? His answer came before he could force the words out of his throat, and he couldn't help but relent. He couldn't help but indulge in his base thoughts.

A quiet breath rose out of his throat, and Sylvia would notice it as clear as day, Flynn's glaring at the source of his strife - glaring at Elijah.

"Enough- enough of this bullshit," the marine growled, folding his hand into a fist as he turned his body towards Elijah. "You- you know something that we don't? Is that it? Deciding to speak up today, when- when all this- this crazy shit is happening?"

Flynn stared at him in silence for a few precious seconds, but he didn't expect a response - nothing helpful, at least. He rubbed his face, a frustrated sigh forcing out of his gullet as he begins to slowly pace around the room in silence. If he tried to explain what he saw, it might just undo every effort made to make him seem normal - to make every freak in this room seem like normal people. He'd let someone play that role for a change.

I'm so tired.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Jeremi @Ver @Rwac96 @Josh @Not a Writer @Whoever

"Now to be fair, sir, I didn't call her an Incompetent. I said she did not come off as one."

Maybe right wasn't the right time for verbal semantics. A slight smile came her face. Even in times of stress, you need to smile once in a while. Sylvia's smile faded as the other members of their group returned. They didn't feel the earthquake, and slightly stranger to Sylvia, ended right back where they started. Looking at Issac, she took a sigh. At least she had her anchor back.
And to think, despite all of this, Flynn didn't even try to go back to his room - like he wanted to do in the first place. He didn't dignify Khada with a response.

As the group crept down the darkening hallway, filling it with the sounds of squeaking footsteps and hushed voices, the particular voices - the ones that everyone seemed to react to - caught Flynn as well. He flinched, stepping away from the source of the noise, only to realize that he was hearing a voice from somewhere nearby. His mind worked fast to rationalize; someone was in one of the nearby rooms. Raven Hill Memorial was a large complex with numerous doctors and patients milling around independent of Dr. Staple and her group. It could have even been a janitor or two, shooting the shit - that would explain the 'gentlemen' part.

Flynn's face grew a shade paler. The voice wasn't coming from the rooms. It wasn't coming from anywhere. He just heard it. Was he... hallucinating again? Some cruel trick that his mind was playing on him - torment him for decades on end with visions of Hell itself, only to trick him with something as toothless as a voice in his head. Flynn scowled, turning away from the door - only to realize that he lost track of the group. They were going straight for the doors, and Michelle was pushing it open.

"...!"

The marine broke into a jog, closing the distance within a few seconds whilst the group filed through the doorway. When he made it through the gap, Flynn stood next to Peter, looking down a brightly-lit hallway at a sign clearly labeled with Activity Room. His jaw hung wide, brows knitting together in disbelief.

"... That isn't- that doesn't make any sense," Flynn muttered, quietly, more to himself than anyone else, as his head lowered to the familiar floor beneath his feet. "Did we go in a circle... ?"

The room itself didn't look any different, but the people standing inside of it looked like they'd been through it. Almost instantly, Flynn became stone-faced, flicking his eyes between Sylvia, Takara and Clark, his brows furrowing in a silent question; what the hell happened? His answer came before he could force the words out of his throat, and he couldn't help but relent. He couldn't help but indulge in his base thoughts.

A quiet breath rose out of his throat, and Sylvia would notice it as clear as day, Flynn's glaring at the source of his strife - glaring at Elijah.

"Enough- enough of this bullshit," the marine growled, folding his hand into a fist as he turned his body towards Elijah. "You- you know something that we don't? Is that it? Deciding to speak up today, when- when all this- this crazy shit is happening?"

Flynn stared at him in silence for a few precious seconds, but he didn't expect a response - nothing helpful, at least. He rubbed his face, a frustrated sigh forcing out of his gullet as he begins to slowly pace around the room in silence. If he tried to explain what he saw, it might just undo every effort made to make him seem normal - to make every freak in this room seem like normal people. He'd let someone play that role for a change.

I'm so tired.

"Flynn. deep breath. You can't blame Elijah for this. Not yet anyway."​
Surprisingly, Sylvia's hand let go of her husband's hand. The women walked over towards the former vet. Their relationship was, odd. Slowly walking towards him, her arm was extended. Her accent was hopefully soothing to Flynn as she comforted him.

View attachment 10827

"Flynn, I understand that you've been a lot. Seen a lot. More than I will ever. I believe, and you'll think I'm crazy, but Elijah? He's our best bet. I'm not saying he's right about everything. You have no reason to trust him, hell! You don't even a reason to trust me. I'm asking you to, however. I have been nothing but understanding of you, from what little we've talked. I'm asking you to take this risk for me. If you get hurt because of this? You can always blame me."
@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Sark

Placing both of his hands on his face, rubbing it gently as the others converse. Clark begins to pace around, his heart beginning to pound away. "This isn't making much sense," the reporter says. "none of it is." First an earthquake, and from what the others who returned; they were talking about walking in circles.

"We're supposed to be getting better," Clark's tone began to rise, "instead...it feels like we're becoming mad!"

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Everyone
Placing both of his hands on his face, rubbing it gently as the others converse. Clark begins to pace around, his heart beginning to pound away. "This isn't making much sense," the reporter says. "none of it is." First an earthquake, and from what the others who returned; they were talking about walking in circles.

"We're supposed to be getting better," Clark's tone began to rise, "instead...it feels like we're becoming mad!"

"Nope, you're going mad," Erin said, "I feel fantastic!"

"Now can we get back to finding Dr. Staple again? I’m sure she'll settle this whole thing out,"

Last edited:
Well that was weird. Michelle looked around in confusion as they came back to where they had just come from. Had they gone in a circle? Taken a few odd turns? She had to admit that during her time here she had never really figured out this place.

When she saw Flynn accost Elijah though and Sylvia stepping in. Michelle decided to say something as well. And for emphasis she increased the volume on her tablet. "We can't point fingers towards any patient. What do you think we can do in a place like this? Elijah waxes poetic and says a lot of silly stuff but what do you think he could actually do?" She stopped for a moment before continuing to type. "If anything shouldn't we ask Dr Staples the next time we see her? She works here after all and should be able to tell us how this place works. Right?"

@Ver @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Sark

"It seems to be over." Hagusa replied, cautiously removing his hands from Elijah's wheelchair and going to Lucinia to check on her head.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked, willing to help her up if she so wanted it.

"Eh? Well we just had a sudden earthquake after half of the people left the room, so yeah." Hagusa replied, almost in a deadpan towards the bespectacled man as he did his best with helping Lucinia.

Noticing Takara seemed out of it he looked her way with a furrowed brow.

"You alright? You hurt?" He asked, even if either girl ended up with minor injuries...

Another fuzzy memory resurfaced, someone was hurt, but he can't see their face. They seemed glad that he was okay, at the least. Who was it?

Blinking back to the present, he sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, what now? Once we make sure no one's seriously hurt and all, do we just look for the rest, or a doctor or something?" He asked no one in particular. Was there some sort of certain protocol for earthquakes in a place like this? Plus, the others were out of the room when it happened, and could of been hurt or as disoriented as some of the people present. Speaking of...

"You okay too, old man?" Hagusa asked Elijah, wanting to be sure he wasn't at all hurt during, well...all that.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @York @Lucky @Josh @Yun Lee @Not a Writer @Activity Room

A confident smirk crossed her lips when she could hear Takera's compliment. It almost sounded forced. She could honestly tell her fellow facility patient knew nothing of video games just by looking at her. Lucinia just couldn't see someone who worked at a flower shop being the gaming type. "I am pretty proud of myself. Just like you must be pretty proud of your— err... flowers, or whatever. Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend to know anything about plants. I'd be bored outta my skull if I had to do what you do."

Although, Lucinia had to admit that she much rather would've worked in a flower shop instead of being in the center of an earthquake. Momentarily, she found herself hearing a mixture of suggestions to form a protective ring and more rumbles. Opting to ignore this advice, she stayed on the floor, putting her hands over her head. It was kind of dangerous for her to move in this situation when her balance was already off, so she figured staying in place for the time being was her best bet.

Thankfully, this encounter with danger was over almost as quickly as it had started. Ears ringing and vision swimming, the pro-gamer felt a pair of hands helping to steady her. She didn't really like being helped, but in this situation she really had no choice. She took Hagusa's support, staying close to him until her hearing would return. "Thanks," she mumbled half-heartedly, averting her gaze from the boy. "I think I'm okay. I'm just... really shaken up." She paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "No duh something strange is going on," she eventually spat out in response to Clark. "An earthquake here isn't normal, right? Unless I've just been loopy on medication every time they've happened."

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom
Placing his index finger on his chin, pondering when Lucinia mentioned medication and being 'loopy'. "Funny enough," he spoke up, "the orderlies here made sure I've taken some medication whenever I've felt...anxious." Clark folds his arms, tapping his foot lightly. If Clark was honest with himself, his time in the Institute was a blur, moments of clarity happening whenever he met with Doctor Staple and his fellow patients. "They did mention side effects, like memory loss."

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @ActivityRoom
View attachment 10822

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Neko Shogun @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room
View attachment 10825

"...!"

I'm so tired.

Still somewhat dazed and out of it, Takara simply remained sat on the floor, her fingers daintily placed to her temple. She only seemed to snap out of her own thoughts when Hagusa expressed concern over her, prompting her to flinch before shaking her head and waving him off. "A-ah, I'm alright, thank you." It was a half truth. She was fine physically, but her head definitely felt jumbled. "Just a little shaken up, but I'm sure that goes for all of us. Nothing a little breather won't fix..." she amended with what she hoped was a reassuring smile. She didn't know if her words would prove true, but she certainly wanted them to. It wasn't like she enjoyed being in this state of distress.

Just as she managed to somewhat tune back into the conversation at hand and was about to agree that something felt deeply amiss, she found her fragile train of thought crashing upon the makeshift search team returning to the room confused and empty handed. She was curious how they'd managed to get lost in the place, given she'd personally felt that the layout was straightforward, but after all that had happened in the last twenty minutes or so, she really couldn't fault them. But... How could they not know about the earthquake? "It was so violent," she chimed in, her own brows furrowing as her arms slid around herself in a makeshift hug for her own reassurance. "You... really didn't feel it? The e-entire room was shaking. It was like... i-it was like....--"

Her words trailed off, her face going pale. It was like a tornado had torn through the room. It was jarring and violent and had had the potential to kill, just as her car accident had... just as her delusions had, too. Takara wasn't sure which of the comparisons her mind was conjuring up was worse, but her body began to tremble ever so slightly all the same. "S-sorry. I just need a second." She wanted to participate in the conversation and help solve the strange mysteries at hand and all, but she barely felt like she could so much as bring herself to stand. She didn't even notice the look Flynn gave her or the questions he posed to Elijah. So instead, she kept her arms wrapped around herself and lowered her head, trying to fight off the familiar sensation of increasing nausea. "I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Welp. Maybe it was just motion sickness.

@Ver @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Josh @Lucky @Sark @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Capri @Minerva @hopefullyididntmissanyonebutsorryifidid​

"Nope, you're going mad," Erin said, "I feel fantastic!"

"Now can we get back to finding Dr. Staple again? I’m sure she'll settle this whole thing out,"

Staring at Erin with an incredulous look on his face, Clark shakes his head. "I can't say I feel the same way," the Kansas-Raised man replies, "this whole day so far...it's been biz...," He finds himself massaging his forehead. "Biz-Bizarre...," Closing his eyes, he grits his teeth as if he was getting a headache.

View attachment 10829

Another image flashed in his mind, but this time to Superman. Well, what resembled Superman, but in all honesty, it was some grotesque parody of the hero he imagined himself to be. His skin was chalky white, hair very unkept, the costume was purple & indigo instead of red & blue. The 'S' on his chest was backward, and around the man's neck was some sort of pendant with the label 'Bizarro #1'.

"Worry much, Superman," he says, waving his arm as he floats behind Metropolis in ruins; flames and explosions erupting from every district of the City of Tomorrow. "Earth am in good hands! Bizarro am protector of all!" Despite his words, things seem to have gone awry, likely due to the look-a-like's obliviousness, the possibility that he is responsible...or both.

His focus returning to the Institute, sweat begins to roll down Clark's brow. A clear grimace was on his face, "Oh! Oh, Great Scott, where's Doctor Staple?"

Still somewhat dazed and out of it, Takara simply remained sat on the floor, her fingers daintily placed to her temple. She only seemed to snap out of her own thoughts when Hagusa expressed concern over her, prompting her to flinch before shaking her head and waving him off. "A-ah, I'm alright, thank you." It was a half truth. She was fine physically, but her head definitely felt jumbled. "Just a little shaken up, but I'm sure that goes for all of us. Nothing a little breather won't fix..." she amended with what she hoped was a reassuring smile. She didn't know if her words would prove true, but she certainly wanted them to. It wasn't like she enjoyed being in this state of distress.

Just as she managed to somewhat tune back into the conversation at hand and was about to agree that something felt deeply amiss, she found her fragile train of thought crashing upon the makeshift search team returning to the room confused and empty handed. She was curious how they'd managed to get lost in the place, given she'd personally felt that the layout was straightforward, but after all that had happened in the last twenty minutes or so, she really couldn't fault them. But... How could they not know about the earthquake? "It was so violent," she chimed in, her own brows furrowing as her arms slid around herself in a makeshift hug for her own reassurance. "You... really didn't feel it? The e-entire room was shaking. It was like... i-it was like....--"

Her words trailed off, her face going pale. It was like a tornado had torn through the room. It was jarring and violent and had had the potential to kill, just as her car accident had... just as her delusions had, too. Takara wasn't sure which of the comparisons her mind was conjuring up was worse, but her body began to tremble ever so slightly all the same. "S-sorry. I just need a second." She wanted to participate in the conversation and help solve the strange mysteries at hand and all, but she barely felt like she could so much as bring herself to stand. She didn't even notice the look Flynn gave her or the questions he posed to Elijah. So instead, she kept her arms wrapped around herself and lowered her head, trying to fight off the familiar sensation of increasing nausea. "I think I'm gonna be sick..."

@Ver @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Josh @Lucky @Sark @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Capri @Minerva @hopefullyididntmissanyonebutsorryifidid​

"Malfunction, dear Ms. Matsushita," Erin spoke, patting Takara's back, "It was just a technical malfunction. We heard the construction outside, Mr. Coward... sorry... Mr. Petrelli was there too, and so was Mr. Blazkowitz, and Mr. Jhin, too. Ms. Curry was there too but she's deaf. You can ask them about it and I'm sure they'll say the same thing.

Erin's tone turns into a whisper, entering Takara's ear as the girl vomited on the floor.

"Albeit, probably not Mr. Petrelli he's kinda odd, same with Mr. Blazkowitz who's currently being kinda Ableist right now, you can't just attack a guy on a wheelchair,"

Staring at Erin with an incredulous look on his face, Clark shakes his head. "I can't say I feel the same way," the Kansas-Raised man replies, "this whole day so far...it's been biz...," He finds himself massaging his forehead. "Biz-Bizarre...," Closing his eyes, he grits his teeth as if he was getting a headache.

View attachment 10829

Another image flashed in his mind, but this time to Superman. Well, what resembled Superman, but in all honesty, it was some grotesque parody of the hero he imagined himself to be. His skin was chalky white, hair very unkept, the costume was purple & indigo instead of red & blue. The 'S' on his chest was backward, and around the man's neck was some sort of pendant with the label 'Bizarro #1'.

"Worry much, Superman," he says, waving his arm as he floats behind Metropolis in ruins; flames and explosions erupting from every district of the City of Tomorrow. "Earth am in good hands! Bizarro am protector of all!" Despite his words, things seem to have gone awry, likely due to the look-a-like's obliviousness, the possibility that he is responsible...or both.

His focus returning to the Institute, sweat begins to roll down Clark's brow. A clear grimace was on his face, "Oh! Oh, Great Scott, where's Doctor Staple?"

"Told you so!" Erin said, before returning to comfort Takara.​

"Woah there, are you sure you're okay?" Hagusa asked with a furrowed brow.

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Everyone

"Malfunction, dear Ms. Matsushita," Erin spoke, patting Takara's back, "It was just a technical malfunction. We heard the construction outside, Mr. Coward... sorry... Mr. Petrelli was there too, and so was Mr. Blazkowitz, and Mr. Jhin, too. Ms. Curry was there too but she's deaf. You can ask them about it and I'm sure they'll say the same thing.

Erin's tone turns into a whisper, entering Takara's ear as the girl vomited on the floor.

"Albeit, probably not Mr. Petrelli he's kinda odd, same with Mr. Blazkowitz who's currently being kinda Ableist right now, you can't just attack a guy on a wheelchair,"

"Told you so!"
Erin said, before returning to comfort Takara.​

"I don't think there's any machine malfunction out there violent enough to cause what felt like an earthquake in one specific place without being felt anywhere else, at least not here, but keep telling yourself that." Hagusa replied to Erin before returning his attention to Takara. She looked pretty bad, at least to him.

"You need anything?" He asked Takara, crouching near her yet staying out of the way in case she did start to vomit.

@Ver @Capri @Not a Writer @Jeremi @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Everyone @Activity Room

Back