Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Academie Delacroix

As written by Faithy

Jimmy recognized the meaning behind the face the boy gave and wondered if others felt the same way. He supposed it didn’t really matter and as long as they found them and he got the contact information for Arien, it would be a job well done in his mind. Making a mental note of the directions being given to them, he smiled brightly.

“Thank you so much for your help.” Turning around, he moved with Pierette to the east quad, glancing around at everyone before his gaze fell upon the Twins. He couldn’t help but admire how quiet and calm the area seemed to be. Then again, generally older students weren’t as chaotic as the younger ones… usually. Shaking off his thoughts of the previous events and how much he still wanted to bash Izaic’s face in, Jimmy shifted his gaze towards Pierette, scowling a bit at her choice of words.

“No, mommy, I don’t need you to hold my hand.” Grinning, he moved over towards Val and Al, clearing his throat as soon as he got over to them.

“Hey, it’s uhhh… it’s Jimmy from last night. You two have a second?” He spoke loud enough for them, but soft enough to keep prying ears from hearing what he was saying.

As written by Script

One of the twins - the one on the right - cracked his eyes open as Jimmy spoke, blinking lazily as he lifted his head. After a moment, recognition dawned on him, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, the angry one," he remarked, his tone of voice decidedly unimpressed - though whether that was owed to the fact that Jimmy had woken them up, or to something from the night before, was ambiguous.

The other twin, still with his eyes closed, shifted position to huddle closer to his brother and groaned. "Tell him to go away. I'm tired."

The first twin yawned and let his head loll back down to rest on his brother's once more. With a sigh, he looked up to meet Jimmy's gaze. "What do you want?"

As written by Faithy

“Err… right, yeah… uhh… Sorry about last night. I was a huge dick.” Jimmy rubbed the back of his head, frowning a little. Why hadn’t he realized what was going on before it got to the point where he was dubbed the angry one? Well, it wasn’t like he could change things now. The only thing he could do from this point forward is make amends for anyone that he might have offended.

“Right… I am wondering if I could get contact information for Arien. I really need to talk with him.” Jimmy sighed softly, still rubbing the back of his head. Letting his hand drop down to his side, the male wasn’t even sure whether or not they would assist him. Would he if he were in their spots? Probably not, but there was still a chance. Hopefully…

"Please?"

As written by Script

The more awake twin raised an eyebrow a second time. "Hmmm..." he hummed, eyeing the older boy thoughtfully. "What do you think, Val?"

The twin identified as Valére finally deigned to open his eyes, glowering in Jimmy's direction for the interruption to his rest. "I think it's weird that he came to our school. And we should complain to security."

"Fair's fair," the other twin - Alvére, by process of elimination - shrugged before looking back at Jimmy with a mischievous smirk. "D'you have any good reason we shouldn't just do that? Maybe if you do something for us, we might help you out. A favour for a favour."

He grinned, a devilish gleam in his eye, as something occurred to him. "There's a book we've been looking for. Your church don't like it, and did their best to make sure it disappeared, way back when. Before the internet was a thing and trying to burn books was a pointless endeavor. We're pretty sure there'll still be a copy in your library, though. Promise to get that for us by next week? We'll get you in touch with Arien."

As written by Krysis

Perilous was deep in deal making with another of the older students when she realized Jimmy was floundering. She didn't mind if he struck out, but one of the twins looked angry, so she was kinda worried. Especially when she caught the word 'security'. Still, she was too cool a customer to give up what she was working on just because someone else was getting antsy.

She glanced over at Jimmy and the twins and gave a more innocent-- Okay, less devilish version of her usual smile. Mostly to see if Jimmy was actually in trouble or if he was holding his own.

As written by Faithy

There were occasions where Jimmy wished he could go back into time and fix something stupid he did and this was one of those instances. This wasn’t like messing up while flirting or rather, attempting to flirt with a fellow Proselyte. No, it was quite different and he was quite certain they weren’t going to help him. Exhaling deeply at Valére’s words, he glanced over towards Pierette before returning his attention towards the twins. Maybe they should have checked in with reception after all. Shaking his head a little, he shifted his attention over towards Alvére and mused at the suggestion.

“A book, hm? I was kind of hoping to get into contact with Arien sooner than a week… but, I’ll find you the book. It shouldn’t be that hard to locate. What’s the name of it?” Jimmy dug into his pocket and grabbed a pen and a piece of paper that had was mostly blank. He waited, hoping they wouldn’t change their minds.

“We did go through a guard stand to get in here.” He added, not that it was important.

As written by Script

"It's okay," Alvére said, smirking. "We'll accept your word that you'll get us it, and you can have Arien's number now. After all, proselytes don't break their word, right?"

By his tone of voice, it was clear he didn't take that reasoning - or the status of the aspiring paladins - particularly seriously, but he still seemed willing to go through with the deal. "Its title is 'Ar Síoris', and its author is Abelas Moreau. The translation is 'On Eternity'," he went on.

"You probably won't want to ask the librarian," Valére noted dryly.

Alvére nodded. "Just look in the sections you're not allowed into. That's where you'll probably find it. And needless to say, don't get caught."

"If you do," Valére added, "we never had this conversation."

As written by Faithy

“Well, can’t speak for them all, but I don’t.” Jimmy shrugged a little, knowing that they would either believe him or not. Either way, he wasn’t going to let them down. Maybe if he got them the book, they would stop glowering at him and treating him like a pariah. Writing down the name and author of the book, he stuck it back into his hidden pocket, something he created a while back to hide … things. He just stared when they said the obvious about not asking the librarian.

“Yeah, wasn’t really even considering asking a librarian for help locating the book. I’m in enough trouble, don’t need anything else to mar my record. If I do happen to get caught, I’ll just make up some story about why I was in that section. You won’t be mentioned, either of you.” Jimmy grinned, hoping that things were starting to go the right way for him for once. He had been in that section once or twice before without getting caught, so he was fairly confident in his ability to locate the book without being caught. If things went well, he would get it immediately and then return here to give it to them. He wasn’t about to fail getting it after they helped him when they didn’t even have to.

“You’ll have it by next week at the latest. So… what’s his number?” Jimmy grabbed a second piece of paper from the same pocket, tugging his pen out again.

As written by Script

Alvére smiled, with an edge of smugness to the expression that spoke of being immensely pleased with himself as much as anything else. "We look forward to it," he said, before reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone. "So how come you're looking for Arien?" he asked as he scrolled through his contacts list.

"I'd have thought you'd be looking for Élisa," Valére added with a smirk.

Alvére snickered, before reciting off Arien's number for Jimmy to take down. "He's probably still asleep," he noted once he'd done, grinning. "He was going back to bed when we left, anyway."

As written by Faithy

“Eh, Élisa made it pretty clear she wasn’t interested in me. I think she was just flirting with me to make someone else jealous. If I thought I had a chance with her, I’d ask for her number too, but, I’m not going to pretend. As for needing Arien’s number, I had a couple of questions to ask him and I also wanted to apologize to him.” Jimmy jotted down Arien’s number before stuffing the pen and paper back it his pocket. He made a mental note not to call the male quite yet, not wanting to piss him off more than he might already be thanks to last night. He slid his fingers through his hair and turned to leave before pausing.

“Thanks for watching over Inarin last night. I wouldn’t have forgiven myself if something would have happened to him, especially since I convinced him not only to go to the café with us, but to go with us to the Rave.” Jimmy smiled, sincerely meaning his words. He had vaguely recalled the twins cozying up with the younger Proselyte and swore he saw them on the dance floor with him, but he wasn’t so sure about that part of the night.

As written by Script

The twins exchanged a glance. Watching over him? That was... one way of putting it.

Alvére looked back at Jimmy and grinned, "That's alright. He was fun to play with."

"You should tell him we said hi," Valére added.

"And that I'm sorry for leaving evidence." Alvére winked, leaving Jimmy to interpret his meaning for himself. "Until next time, then," he said by way of farewell after a pause.

Both twins lifted their hands in a wave.

As written by Krysis

Pierette was finishing up her own transaction at about the same time. She handed over a strangely silent pill bottle in exchange for some bills that would get fanned with the press of her thumb before vanishing like a magic trick somewhere on her person. "A pleasure, as ever. And I will pass along the message next time I see Jonesy."

She gave her contact a cheerful wave as well as she moved to join Jimmy, who was apparently on his way out. So she draped one arm loosely over his shoulders, careful not to put too much weight on him, and asked brightly, "How did it go, Legs?"

As written by Faithy

“I’ll tell him you said hi and uhhh, what?” Jimmy blinked at the words, beginning to really wonder just what had happened last night. That certainly would explain Inarin’s erratic behavior this morning, but Jim wasn’t about to press the male. Leaving evidence? He just shook his head and waved back towards the two before turning around.

“Yeah, until next time.” Blinking, he just shook his head yet again, something he probably would be doing a lot of today before the day was over with. Moving over to where Pierette was at, he still wasn’t sure what just happened. He shrugged towards her with one shoulder, knowing without looking that she probably was up to no good with other students.

“Got what I needed, so we can head on out now. Thanks again for getting me here and inside.” Jimmy smiled as they headed back out of the school, moving the same way they had entered.

As written by Krysis

"I got you here, you got us inside. Though next time? Never claim official business. Official puts people's back up. It also implies paperwork that can be traced. Casual is always better. Truth is good too, when applicable, because that is one less thing to be caught doing. Meeting to invite them to lunch would have worked just fine." Pierette pointed out as they walked along the return route.

She assumed that Jimmy would be tired, so she actually would steer them to reception so he could sit down for a few minutes and she could deal with following the rules and keeping them out of trouble with the guards. After all, she had made a useful contact and might want to come back sometime for a quick score. She further suspected that the twins had given Jimmy a task that would require another meeting... and neglected to give him their cell number(s).

As written by Script

Though there would be some awkward questions asked regarding the nature of the 'church business' that Jimmy had cited as his reason for being there, the receptionist wouldn't press the issue excessively - at worst giving him a lecture regarding responsibility and honesty, if she doubted his reasoning too much, and threatening to call the church if it happened again.

After signing out in the logbook on the front desk, leaving would prove a simple prospect.

As written by Faithy

As he listened to Pierette’s words, he hated that he hadn’t thought of that before even coming into the place. Had he messed things up? He wasn’t sure and that bothered him. Squeezing the bridge of his nose, he nodded a little, filing away that information for the next time he had to come, because there would be another time, unfortunately. He had to deliver the book after all. Why didn’t he just tell them to meet him at the café a week from today? Sometimes his brain was stupid, but it couldn’t be changed now.

“Good point, Pierette. Guess I’m not very good at espionage of this manner.” Jimmy was grateful when they went to reception anyways, because he needed to sit down for a while. Settling down in a chair, he slid his fingers through his hair and closed his eyes for a moment before answering the necessary questions. Moving back to his feet once they were finished, he signed out on the logbook and smiled friendly-like towards the woman behind the desk, knowing that he could have had it a lot worse.

“Thank you, ma’am. I appreciate your assistance and your understanding.” Smiling even more, he moved out of the reception area, heading with Pierette back towards the guard stand so they could get on their way. As he walked, he flipped open his cell and tugged out the number, inputting it before hitting the green phone button, hoping Arien answered.

As written by Krysis

Pierette strolled with her hands in her pockets this time, grinning at nothing in particular. She was listening to Jimmy's attempt to make a call. After the night they had experienced, it was a miracle that anyone was awake. She herself had not yet bothered to go to 'bed', and would likely be depending on substance abuse to keep herself running for as long as possible simply because she hated to sleep.

Of course the kids had school, so that was why they were up. It was the adults that she expected to still be unconscious, unless employed and forced to be active. Arien... didn't strike her as the sort of man that had to depend on a paycheck.

As written by Script

The phone rang a good ten times before it was answered, and a voice recognisable as Arien's answered. His voice was throaty, and his words mumbled in the manner of someone just roused from their slumber.

"Whoever this is, it'd better be good."

As written by Script

There was a lengthy pause on the other end of the phone, before Arien spoke again. "Apology accepted. Your drink was spiked, and it was your first time drinking anyway. So it's hard to blame you. Something about that Malcolm guy you got into it with gave me chills, too. I just had enough of my faculties to be subtle about it. This is your number, yeah? I'll give you a call next time we get together. Feel free to bring the others with you if you want to."

He sounded a little amused by Jimmy's apology, but in a kind way. His voice was warm, and gentle.

As written by Faithy

Yeah, his drink was spiked, but he was the one who let Pierette give him the pill or did Arien mean something else entirely? Musing on that thought, he just shook his head and was glad that he wasn’t the only one that got the heebie-jeebies from Malcolm. If that was his name anyways. He wasn’t so sure if he would invite the others, but maybe if it was something other than a rave. After all, he had the feeling that the Twins would want to see Inarin again and Aaro appeared to enjoy himself. Celeste… well, he wasn’t so sure about her.

“Sure, I can ask them and see if they’d want to come again. Until you call then. Thanks for being so understanding, Arien.” He glanced over at Pierette, smiling a bit. Putting a hand over the receiver, his grin widened.

“Alright, fun time!” He smiled, wanting her to know that he was serious about why he had called her in the first place.

Back