Midnight Sun

"A little, but I don't miss it too much." Saifu shrugged, shoving another leaf into his cheek. "It's not always fun having to fight siblings for everything." The boy felt she'd know what he meant just saying that much.

Artem nodded her head mumbling, "Siblings are annoying. My brothers are vile creatures from the pits of hell." She frowned and shook her head giving a small laugh, "I am the youngest of 12 and the only girl so I'm sure you can imagine. What about your siblings, what are they like." She had started scanning the area until she found a nice place to rest, it was beginning to get dark and she needed to set up camp. She passed him the blanket and dragged a log to the place she would set up the fire. "Would you like to help me collect wood. If you're to be going home I plan to make you stronger, in the off chance anything like this happens again maybe you could hold your own."

"They're a lot more... passive-aggressive." He replied after a slight pause. "But there are so many of them, I can't be more specific."

"I wouldn't be much use even if I did have some strength. My first instinct is to bolt...." Saifu ran his fingers through the hair on the back of his head. "But I can find some herbs in the meantime."

Artem shrugged, "That's fine. Please, be careful. We are close to pixie forest, they aren't vicious but they are a mechivious lot. They like to play tricks on the mind." She looked at him carefully, "Please keep in mind to examine everything you see and not to speak to anyone, at the sight of any person other than me run. And even if you do see me make sure it is me." Artem stood dusting off her pants and giving him a small nod before heading off into the forest to look for wood. She only hoped her would fair okay, she hated pixie's almost as much as she did vampires. And that was only because pixie's found amusement in other's suffering and distress.

"But-" Maybe it would be better if he stayed put. "How will I know it's you?"
She was gone.
"Artem?"
Oh bother.
Saifu looked around for a moment. Don't stray too far from camp, and he'd be fine. Right? Hopefully...?

Artem made her way into the forest and gathered the firewood, every so often she heard the whisper of a familiar voice or saw a figure in the shadows. "You damned pixie's. I know all your tricks so leave or I'll rip your wings out" Anyone looking at her from afar would only see a girl screaming into the woods like some feral animal. The pixie's fluttered by looking for their next victim until they saw Saifu. They started by making mock howling noises in the air making the lighting of the moon seem darker.

Boy did he notice. I'll spare you the details and suffice with the fact that Saifu was reduced to a pile of shivering blanket.

The pixies laughed to themselves making the form at a wild wolf growling and approaching him viciously. Artem walked back to the campsite carrying the wood, "Saifu ca you believe these-" She looked up and noticed him on the ground. She listened closely and heard the howling looking past Saifu she saw the wolf. Artem dropped the wood and growled angrily rushing towards the wolf pulling out her sword. "I warned you freaking bugs!" She slashed wildly mostly missing them since they were small but managed to grab one and smiled at it viciously as she walked over to Saifu. "I found your little wolf Saifu. Say what should I do with her? Rip her wings? Cook her?"

"NO, NO, NO!" He jerked the cover off his head and reached to snatch the pixie from Artem. "Don't hurt her!"

Artem looked at him in disbelief and plopped on the log. She huffed and shook her head. "Excuse me if I'm wrong but she did try to scare you to death so why exactly can't I hurt her?" Artem tilted her head confused and stared at the pixie who looked up at saifu with relief.

Saifu wasn't quite sure how to answer. Sitting back down, he examined the pixie thoughtfully. "It's not like she really hurt us. I'd rather not be enemies."

Artem frowned, "So let me guess you're going to let her go. If you do that it won't stop them from missing with us you know, I still say we kill her not and save the trouble. I heard pixie meat is good." She flashed her fangs at the pixie, and the pixie dukes itself further into Saifu's hands.

The boy covered the tiny girl, making a dome with his fingers. "Leave her be, Artem. Wether they come back, that's their choice, but I won't let you hurt them."

Last edited:
"You are infuriating sometimes." She sighed and ran a hand over her hair pulling back her hood, "Fine. but, if they bother me again or try to ill us, I won't hesitate." The pixie flew around the little dome fluttering and humming, Artem really hoped that this didn't come back to bite them in the ass. She started the fire and took out some meat for herself and some fruits and carrots for Saifu.

The boy saw carrots and had to remember to let the tiny pixie go before he took them. It had been far too long since he'd been able to munch on something like this. If the small person was still there, he intended to offer a piece of his vegetable to her.

The pixie floated next to Saifu and sat on his shoulder, she watched them eat and glanced at Artem fearful. Artem turned her back to the sulking like a child who didn't get to play with a toy. Artem chewed on her meant and sighed "I am sorry." The pixie whispered in Saifu's ear, whether she was true in her words or not they would never know.

Saifu tugged a small wedge of his carrot loose and offered it to the small being on his shoulder. He then glanced to Artem, knowing that sulky look well enough. Unfortunately, a few clover leaves were not going to be the cure-all for kitsune jealousy.

The pixie hummed hapily and ate the carrot the small piece seeming nearly half her size. Artem frowned and threw her bone into the fire and turns her back to them once again before laying down. If he wanted to trust that sneaky bug than so be it, she would be here when the pixie tried to kill him again. Little did she know the pixie had taken quite the liking to Saifu for saving her life and had decided to stick by his side.

6beb667494a3274c659e137e30da9715.jpg

"You don't have to be so mad at her, Artem." Maybe it would have been better to let his companion alone. "She's not doing anything to hurt you."

Back