Midnight Sun

Artem blinked taking a moment to process his words, "Yes. You are weak, it's unfortunate." She looked back towards her weapons table and sighed, "I would like to train more, but there is no helping that you are injured. Usually, there would be an expedition I might sneak off to at these times. Checking the perimeter against my father's wishes....things like that. Of course, I could bring you but...the doctor suggests you rest." Her arms unfolded and she leaned back in the chair settling her gaze on the ceiling. "If you think you can handle it we can go to the village."

"I can!" he said sitting up and and then swinging his legs over the side of the bed, once again ignoring the pain in his side, "Is it big? Or is there absolutely no life there? Oh! Is there more food?" he asked her rapid fire and he paused to think of more questions when he sat back down, "Will i have to walk?" he asked the last question with wide eyes, I can do it..easy..but it would be pretty annoying to walk around with a pinch in my side every time i move or turn..

Artem was surprised he agreed and stood up quickly in case he fell. He bombarded her with questions and she just stared at him for a moment making sure he was finished speaking before she did. "I don't know what you consider big..but the village is fairly large. There is plenty of life I assure you. And an abundance of foods, the local shops have plenty" She paused as she thought about him having to walk. "I can give you a cane or you can walk. I would carry you bt I'm not sure you would enjoy that." Artem coughed looking away as she thought about it a bit.

"I won't mind if you carry me, only if you want to" he said shrugging a little and then he looked at her, "But a cane would be nice if you didn't want to" he thought about any other questions and then he gave up. That's all the questions i want to ask for now... he thought and he swung his legs back and forward.
"When do we leave?" he asked Artem looking around the room for his shoes and looking back at her when he couldn't find them.

Artem considered it and sighed, "I'll bring the cane in case but for now i'll carry you." She placed a hand on her hip and turned, "Now if you're ready. Unless you wanted to rest a bit before." Walking over to the table covered in weapons she grabbed a danger slid in in her boot, grabbed her swords and wrapped the death around her waist. SHe never left unprepared.

"Nope! I feel good!" Somil said and he reached up at her like a child, "Up?" he said smiling a making the grabby hands, This is pretty childish but it's really fun.. he thought as he looked up at Artem wonderingly before blurting out, "You look like a beautiful warrior princess!" and then he put his arms down and turned his head, they say think before you speak...but..no thoughts whatsoever to that... he thought and his face heated up.

Artem looked at him and her face turned red, between him acting like a newborn babe and complimenting her she was embarrassed. She lifted her hand and used the back of it to block her face from view. "A-are all humans so b-bold when they speak?" Her words were a stutter, if humans all acted like this she was glad they didn't exist. Artem turned away from him to calm her burning face and a racing heart. "Are y-you ready to leave then Somil?"

"Yeah...and no that's just me.." Somil said not bothering to hide his smile, "But some can be a whole lot worse.." his smile only grew when she hid her face, Haha! Gotcha! he thought triumphantly and he moved to stand up and he hugged her waist, "Kinda like this..but..weirder" he grinned up and her and laughed, how can someone so dangerous get so embarrassed easily??

Artem juped when he hugged her and tensed up. She turned to look at him. "L-let me go o-or i'll- " Artem looked around thinking of a threat to use until she just took his arms and pulled it from around her waist. "D-don't touch me s-so casually human!" She was still red and took a step back fro him. "If you weren't injured I-i'd hit you." Artem was trying to figure out why this embarrassed her so easily, she was a killer, a fighter. Not some young maiden set out to find a husband.

"Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda, but ya didn't!" he said playfully still smiling at her and then he held out his hand, "Do we go now?" he asked her holding back a laugh at how red she was, This is truly fun...but i still want to explore this place.. he thought slightly getting serious but still making sure not to lose his playfulness.

Artem took his hand and ran a hand through her hair, "Yes. The faster we leave the better." She forced herself to calm making the blush fade to a pink in color, her white hair stood out in contrast and her ear twitched. She pulled him and used her other arm to scoop him up princess style. She stared at him, "A-are you comfortable? I can't get the cane till later and its faster this way." Clearing her throat she started walking out of her room and down the hall.

"It's ok" he said with a slight yawn and he leaned his head on her chest, "Do you mind if i sleep for a little while?" he asked closing his eyes and relaxing a little in her arms, "You're warm and i don't have to walk so i'm just gonna sleep.." he said before dozing off, I hope she knows all the things i'm telling her are true..or what i'm doing right now would be wasting both mine and her time.. he thought turning his body to her and wincing at the jolt of pain in his side.

Artem looked down and him, "It's..fine just sleep I'll wake you when we reach." She watched him turn his body, for a creature so weak he had proved t be stronger than most people she knew. He was pretty..cute. Artem walked down the stairs carefully and snuck out the servants door using a hand to pull up her hood. She walked through the forest placing her hand back under him.

As he slept, Somil noticed the different smells that were around him as they made their way to the village he woke up, "Hey...Artem?" he murmured quietly, fiddling with a little part of her shirt "Is it ok with you if i compliment you a lot?" he asked turning his gaze up at her to watch her, cheeks flushed but he still focused on her, "I want to know so i don't end up going over board not knowing you really don't like them."

Artem looked down when he called her name, "Yes?" When he met her eyes she looked at him for a moment before turning her attention back to where she was walking. Her pinks tinged pink. "It...is alright. I will allow it. J-just please try not to touch me so casually." Her eyebrow twitched as she thought about his holding her earlier, "I am still a woman and one of chasity and pride." She let out a small breath as the walked into the town, people bowed as they passed by, she shook her head to lower her hood. "Would you like to get down and see?"

"Yes please!" he said turning to make sure his legs could touch the ground and so he didn't fall, "This place looks so cool..." he breathed and then he limp walked following a sweet smell, this place is awesome! What are they cooking over there? he wondered as he watched some people with ears and a tail cooking meat over a large fire, "Woah..." Somil said with wide eyes as he watched them.

Artem placed him down making sure he was steady before she removed her hands. She watched his awed expression and smiled slightly. She followed behind him, watching the curious glances of the people around them. She looked over at the group of people. Artem leaned next to his ear and spoke, it was loud and she was worried he wouldn't hear her. "Would you like some? It's boar, they must have finished the hunt."

Somil couldn't help but jump when he noticed Artem was suddenly next to him, and nodded his head when she asked him he wanted some of the boar that they were cooking. Speaking of getting the daylights scared out of me... he thought as he put his hand on his chest and going back to watch them cook.

Artem was happy when he said he wanted some, she loved boar and had yet to eat. Artem looked at him standing up straight, "Do you need me to carry you again?" Tilting her head her stomach growled in response to the smell of meat. "DO you like meat?"

"Yeah-" he started to say but he heard her stomach growl and he looked up at her, "You can get some food too ya know" he said raising his arms so she could pick him up and he smiled, "It's so cool that you live here..maybe we could explore when i'm healed up!" he said excitedly and chuckled, If i can survive this injury that is...

Back