Midnight Sun

Artem laughed a little and scooped him up again princess style. "I suppose it's cool? But, the days are mostly hot here. We can explore more once you're healed but... We can see a bit today as well." She walked over to the group of people, they looked up, and smiled bowing to her in respect and Artem returned a smile of her own. "Hello princess! So nice to see you again, would you like some meat for you and your....friend?" The older woman who spoke eyed somil curiously. Artem nodded her head, "Yes please Artula." The woman smiled and took the fork holding out a piece of meat for somil to try, "Eat child. you look so thin."

Somil opened his mouth to take a bite and when he tasted it he gasped, "THIS IS SO GOOD!" he yelled and he looked back at Artem, "This is my favorite thing to eat here now" he said with a serious face before looking at the woman named Artula. "That was the bestest meat i've ever tasted...how do you cook it so well?" he asked her eyeing the meat.

Artem flinched at his yell and her ears lowered from the sound, he was so close. She looked down at him and laughed. Artula looked up at him chuckling, "Well thank you, child. But it is simple, you skin the creature and cover it in sweet honey. Trelin juice for a little kick and then you cook it until it's done." Artula was speaking with her hands, Artem noticed a chair nearby and slowly lowered Somil on the seat standing behind him as she was also handed a piece of meat. She took it happily eating it. Artula handed Somil a bigger piece and wrapped up plenty for them to take.

Somil smiled and bit into the sweet meat, "Mmm!" he hummed happily as he ate the meat, "Thank you!" he said with his mouth full and then he looked at Artem, "Where else can we go?" he asked her and nibbled a little on the meat Artula gave him, I might want to save this for while were looking around so i don't get hungry fast..

Artem ate hers and gently took the package of meat from Artula thanking her. "There is a clothing shop, the adventurer's den, the weapon shop, and the mage's area." Artem looked down at him as she tied the package to her bag. Since he enjoyed it she could keep it for later. "Which one do you wish to see first?"

Somil thought deeply for a minute before responding to her question, "What about the weapon shop?" he asked her taking another bite of the meat before moving to stand up, "And then we could go to the adventurer's den, the mage's area, and then the clothing shop" he said ticking them of on his fingers, and then looking up at her.

Artem nodded her head and leaned down to swoop him in her arms again. Thanking Artula again, she walked away and started towards the street. They walked for a bit, people bowed in respect or stopped to tell their beloved princess hello. It wasn't long till the reached the weapon shop, the building that lead inside was lined with what looked like a metal door. Artem opened the door with her free hand walking inside. Weapons lined the walls and a Clink from a blacksmith in the back could be heard. Artem stopped and leaned down to place Somil on the ground again.

"Cool.." Somil said when his feet touched the ground and he looked around, "So is this where you get your weapons?" he asked her looking and the sharp weapons easily understood to stab things, and weapons that looked like they were created to torture someone while they died. Geez..I now know not to cross the princess or anyone here...or my death would be more painful than the look of these weapons.. he thought with a shiver and he wandered around.

Artem watched him looked around following his gaze across the room. "Mostly yes, the royal blacksmith also works here. So oftentimes I either get from him or the shop." As he walked around touching and staring at things, she trailed close behind making sure he didn't tip over. "See anything of interest?" The shopkeeper spoke, it was a giant kitsune man with a scar on his cheek, and dusty grey hair to match his ears and tail. He gave a curious glance as he spoke, moreover what weapon he'd choose than what or who he was.

"Hmm.." Somil hummed thoughtfully, I can pick one?? But..which one? he looked around some more before he came across a set of red knives that kind of stood out to him, "What about these?" he asked, picking one up and tossing it into the air, and he smiled, It's light! Maybe i can keep them... he looked at the shopkeeper and then at Artem and then he put it back and walked over to her. Maybe not...she already bought me food..

Artem stopped walking glancing over at the knives he was looking at, they were portable and lightweight. Easy for someone of his stature and skill to handle. Artem was a bit surprise when he put them back. The shopkeeper smiled and walked over to the knives from behind the counter. "You pick these then princess?" He ignored that somil was the one who had picked it up and stared straight at Artem. She looked at him and then the knives before turning to reach in her satchel for a coin. She walked over and gave it to the man crossing her arms as he wrapped them up. "Is that all you wanted Somil?"

"Oh..uh..yeah.." he said a bit surprised that she was actually buying the knives for him, "Thanks.." he mumbled and looked away from her and looked at the shopkeeper, I guess i don't even exist to him.. he thought and he looked around, there's no way i would've been able to carry any of those.. suddenly feeling tiny he grabbed onto a little bit of Artems hood and watched as the shopkeeper wrap up the knives.

Artem turned her attention back to the shopkeeper, only sparing a glance when he grabbed her hood before grabbing the knives from the shopkeeper. She turned to Somil holding them out for him to take. "Here. We can consider it an apology. When you're healed and learn a bit more I will teach you how to use them." Artem gave a small smile, "Would you like to walk to the next shop?"

"Yesss!" he said letting go and taking the wrapped knives, and then he tried walking around a little bit and smiling at her, Yeah i think i could walk to the next shop" he said and then turned to the shopkeeper. I should probably thank him for giving me the knives... he thought as he looked at him.
"Thank you for the weapons and letting me look at them!" he said smiling and then turning back to Artem, "Do i follow you? Or do i hold your hand?" he asked her with a small smile.

Artem nodded and watched as Somil thanked the shopkeeper her ignored Somil and looked to Artem smiling and waving his hand. "Goodbye princess, come back soon ya hear?" Artem nodded her head before turning her attention back to Somil as he spoke. Hearing the option she thought it was best they hold hands, otherwise, she feared he may not be able to keep up. She blinked and took his hand in hers before gently pulling him along behind her. "Do not let go. I fear you may get lost otherwise." She spoke her back still turned to him as she pushed open the door and walked into the street. Pausing a moment she looked around for the Adventurer's den. When she spotted a familiar landmark she began moving in the direction but careful to move slowly so he wouldn't have to strain himself.

As they walked Somil felt the millions of eyes staring at him but every time he looked in that direction they flitted away quickly or they stared back at him and he looked away. Kinda wishing i wasn't looking so different.. he thought begrudgingly but held on tighter to Artem's hand as they made their slow walk to the Adventurer's den.

Artem glanced over at him occasionally as they walked, she didn't care about the stares as the princess she was used to it. But when he squeezed her hand she figured that Somil might not. "Are you still feeling alright to walk Somil? I can carry you if you are feeling tired." Artem looked at him slight concern passing over her features, the doctor would kill her if he knew she had taken Somil outside.

"N-no i think i'm fine" he murmured but then he remembered what happened when he ignored his broken rib during training and he thought better of it, "On second thought...that would be nice..." he said looking up at her and he stopped walking and put his arms up so she could pick him up. I don't need to try and act tough when don't need to.. he thought trying to smile but for some reason he couldn't.

Artem could tell he was lying, but she only nodded and continued walking. When he paused and stopped she turned back and scratched her head. "You know if it hurts you don't have to pretend. I'm here to help you when you need it." Artem had placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned to whisper in his ear again. The streets were busy and the voices around seemed so much louder now that they stood still. She moved from his ear and looked at him giving a small sigh and a slight smile.

Somil blushed a little and he looked away from her, "Ok..it does hurt..a little!" he said crossing his arms but then he winced when the pain in his side stated up again, "I need help.." he said and looked up at Artem with tears in his eyes, Damn it..i thought i could tough this out.. he thought angrily and he turned his face away so she couldn't see.

Back