No fresh water sources. Oddly enough, some buildings have some running water, but its a crap (literally) shoot. It's all dirty, but some will get you through the day, others will poison you to death.

@ArQane @SedentaryCobra @Incognus @Morph @_BB_ @Revelree
So I've been thinking about random Encounters that aren't initiated by PCs, especially for solo characters. More or less Murder Encounters but the other way around. Clearly you are not just hunters, you are also hunted.

I'm thinking of rolling a d6 for any non-ME post (that's clearly not dialogue/story arc focused) and a 1 indicates a non-initiated Murder Encounter. If a PC, lets use Natalie as an example, has just finished an ME, then for one maybe two posts, there will be no roll. Same for a PC who just experienced one of these non-initiated encounters. We would still use the 6-Sides of Murder system and the ME would play out exactly the same.

Let me know what you guys think

Last edited:
I'm not going to have a posting order set in stone, but I don't want to let anyone idle too long. First I'm going to focus on getting Rouge going. Then I'm going to introduce Sigil and Apollo to an important character. Then I'll make my way back around to my solo people. There's a lot going on, I'll do my best to be timely

I'm thinking of rolling a d6 for any non-ME post (that's clearly not dialogue/story arc focused) and a 1 indicates a non-initiated Murder Encounter. If a PC, lets use Natalie as an example, has just finished an ME, then for one maybe two posts, there will be no roll. Same for a PC who just experienced one of these non-initiated encounters. We would still use the 6-Sides of Murder system and the ME would play out exactly the same.

That would be fine with me, although if our characters are somewhere specific where a ME was very unlikely, I think it should affect the dice roll. And the same goes for a place that is typically a blood bath.

Also, @Gattletowne idk if this was mentioned but are there animals in murder city? Dogs, cats, birds? Is hunting a thing?

That would be fine with me, although if our characters are somewhere specific where a ME was very unlikely, I think it should affect the dice roll. And the same goes for a place that is typically a blood bath.

Also, @Gattletowne idk if this was mentioned but are there animals in murder city? Dogs, cats, birds? Is hunting a thing?
It was. He is considering it.

@ArQane is correct. It's something under consideration. And I am taking context and setting into the Murder Encounters

Whoa, @Morph! Vi is back! But... how? Unless... *theories rolling in* @-@

Hey! Don't usurp Rouge's title of being the female character who's totally batshit insane! I got dibs for that. XD

This feels a little off though. I mean, now that someone got revived, the thrill and the threat of Death is gone now. Man, if Rouge finds out about this... :p

I see. Would it be weird to say that it's a... relief? xD I certainly do not want my character to die, but permanent death make things fun in my opinion.

I see. Would it be weird to say that it's a... relief? xD I certainly do not want my character to die, but permanent death make things fun in my opinion.
Purely a narrative thing with Vi. Everyone else can still very much die for good. I think the permanent death absolutely adds to the Murder City experience. Also, however, I think the "Vi Situation" as we'll call it, adds a really cool narrative story arc to add further chaos to a chaotic situation.

Purely a narrative thing with Vi. Everyone else can still very much die for good. I think the permanent death absolutely adds to the Murder City experience. Also, however, I think the "Vi Situation" as we'll call it, adds a really cool narrative story arc to add further chaos to a chaotic situation.
Basically, Vi was stripped of her bounds and made to be a environmental hazard for other players? Like a zombie?

Basically, Vi was stripped of her bounds and made to be a environmental hazard for other players? Like a zombie?
That's for your speculation. I know where I'm headed with the idea, and I've given @Morph freedom to play within some loose guidelines I plan to throw Vi's way from time to time. But the mystery will unfold. Even though Murder City is kind of dark sandbox for us all to play in, there's still a larger story being told. And I'm not just going to go and give away all the good bits. Even Morph is in the dark about my end game. But that's a long way off

Back