Votes: 1 25.0%
  • D and D

• Harry Potter

• Other

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
All right, sweet, after some reviewing of the wikipedia pages we meet up back here.

Okay! And did anyone want to be married to or be a ruler? Or are we doing a prophecy type thing? Like these four are called from another world to end the reign of terror from, blah, blah, blah......

Oh I could be married to a ruler, I can just imagine it, I'm married for my family and my wizardy might, and am predictably neglectful to my spouse while I pursue my studies.

Oh I could be married to a ruler, I can just imagine it, I'm married for my family and my wizardy might, and am predictably neglectful to my spouse while I pursue my studies.
Ooooohhhhh! Then they like cheat on you with another mage who sends us back to our realm to get rid of you!

That would be a nice way to have us getting back. I'm willing to make it my fault.

Well, it's not fully your fault. Now we do have a worried ruler who is freaking out about how things are going back in the Otherworld, and cries when they see mentions of the Otherworld because of how they left!

Also, your character could find or bring together the other's to help your spouse raise in your power (or that's how you gain their affections). Then we decide to stay together since your character is doing their studies, spouse cheats on you, cheater wants your character's throne, and sends us away.

yes! since the two of you are doing your lone wolf phases and it looks like Lila is no longer interested, we can just have it be that instead of you two directly coming back, my character comes and finds your characters while they're out doing their lone wolf stuff, and bring them back into the fold.

I think if you and Rachel were the twins that would work good. And me being the oldest probably works best narratively

I’m cool with that. Perhaps the reason for my character becoming a Witcher would be the ruler of the kingdom with the prophecy or whatever got hit with the law of surprise by a Witcher, and rather than give up their own child they used my character?

There's a show of it on Netflix. Basically monsters and magic exists and there are these dudes called witches that have been mutated with magic and monster DNA so that they can be strong enough to hunt the monsters

And quick question, what’s going on at our home? Like in Narnia, there was WW1 or 2, their dad was fighting a war, and the whole thing where they were sent away for safety. Are our characters facing any turmoil at home? Like divorcing parents or maybe a loss of a parent?

Well, I think it would be interesting to add the divorce dynamic. It could add that some of us have the drive to keep or make sure everyone is together. While the others are knowing that they will be split apart. There could also be the factor that the divorce happened because one of the parents cheated then left to be with their significant other. Then coming back to that after the journey, we all might change our minds especially since it was a cheating spouse that got us sent back). But what does everyone else think? @Lila Renn @Rachel Rider @Moose

Last edited:
Yeah! And depending on how we want our characters to react, their change in attitude when they come back will be very interesting to see for the parent/s. Like those who were mad are resigned, those who blamed themselves now blame their parents or the other party, those who were trying to keep the peace can’t help but be mad and done with everything. And the one who got cheated on now intimately understands what it’s like to be the parent that was cheated on and loss everything.

That’s also why I was saying we go for the divorce angle. Maybe we move to another relative’s old house because the parent that kept us loss the house but got to keep us. So, here we are at this old creepy house and we find this thing in the attic that takes us to Witcher world (like the wardrobe).

What about an old oil lamp? It contains a Djinn. Well, the Djinn was summoned by a ruler who wished for a way to break or defeat some cursed monster that would rise up from the kingdoms waters in a few years or so. Promising the Djinn’s freedom in return. The Djinn then said that since the beast was from another world, it would bring the kingdoms heroes (us) from another world.

Hence the odd lamp we found in the attic.

But Djinns are tricky. He brought us as kids and not the heroes we were meant to be. But we each grow or become what we need to be, then when the monster arrives, we defeat it. But then the cheating royal happens and we get sent back. We hoped that the lamp would work, but because we fulfilled the wish, the Djinn was freed and now the lamp is just a lamp.

Back