New User New to Fourm RP

Caffeine

The Sympathetic Sociopath
You can call me Caffeine. I've always enjoyed a good RP and all join most any session if it's interesting. I have experience playing and DMing Dungeons and Dragons IRL and I've done a lot of rp in mmo's and the like. New to the whole fourm stuff and play by post though.

I don't really have a specific kind of character that it my favorite. I'll rp as almost anything, mostly just whatever seems like it could be fun.

I'm excited to try this new format and learn and grow as an RPer.

Hello and welcome to the Storyteller's Circle, Caffeine! I'm The Taleweaver! Nice to meet you!

Before you go off and get too involved in anything, I'd suggest you read the site rules first thing! That way, you're aware of all the expectations before you dive into one of the many wonderful roleplays going on! I would also familiarize yourself with the staff on hand, such as our boss-lady Demon Goat or the friendliest ex-Warden you ever did see! Speaking of Wardens, they're officially recognized volunteers in the Storyteller's Circle community, and are distinguishable from other members by the
iN0lA74.png
tag next to their name, whereas the more official staff members are denoted by the
YeV1t7p.png
tag!

After you've read the rules, if you'd like some assistance in selecting a roleplay to participate in, the resident Demon Goat boss-lady Tiko has started an open roleplay recruitment thread to get some of our newbies started right out the gate! You can also check out Chronicles of the Omniverse, the Circle's most popular 'Epic Roleplay'! It is a massive collaborative writing effort with several worlds maintained and managed by the members themselves! And if action's more your scene, the Battle Arena is a great place to brush up on your [T1] sparring skills!

I've always found that forum-based roleplay is far more relaxed and laid-back than real-time roleplay over things such as Instant Messenger! There isn't a time-expectation for your posts, and it allows you to spend more time thinking about how a particular character would react and respond in a situation! Your experience as a Dungeon Master will definitely help you out here! If you'd care to 'DM' a roleplay of your own, you can post an interest check on the community's Bulletin Board, where players seeking a new and exciting world to live in gather! You can also check out the Chat if you'd like some real-time talkin' with other members!

Who knows? Maybe I'll see you around one of my silly roleplay threads! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Last edited:
Forum RP's and D&D aren't really too different when you get into it, there's just two key differences.

1. Forum RP's don't tend to have many stat's or die rolls. What works and doesn't is far more up to GM Allowance than the luck of the die.
2. You tell most of the story through writing. So instead of interacting with one another real time, you're taking turns writing a book.

Other than that? Mostly the same.
Talewaver seems to have covered site navigation already, so just ask if you need anything.

Okay so I want to post an interest check to the Bulletin Board, but it says I don't have permissions... What do?

Back