Face Nemesis

Artificial Blade
The local hospital in the small town of Green Pines, Kansas, is suddenly turned into the stage for a bloodbath organized by a twisted cult. A group of teenagers all visit the hospital to check in on a recently injured friend, unknowing of the events that are about to transpire. Now, as screams echo through the halls and corpses fill the rooms, they will have to escape… or die trying.

This RP is going to be focused mostly on the decisions that the other players make. My character will be there to direct the story when needed, but the outcome of the story is in the hands of the other characters. There will be a few different ways to escape, and the chosen method is entirely up to you!

Green Pines Hospital

Green Pines Hospital is settled in the middle of Green Pines, Kansas, and has four floors for patients along with a basement. The only entrances and exits are located on the first floor, and there is also a helicopter located on the roof.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply.
2. As the tag suggests, this roleplay will likely fall into mature territory. I won't do anything that infringes the forum rules, but this will potentially get much more violent or dark than other RPs on here.
3. Any action you make in the RP could have consequences. While I want to avoid just killing players left and right as that isn't very fun, this is a slasher RP, so a death could potentially occur.
4. All characters in the RP will generally know each other at least a little bit. Given that it's a group of friends, this should be mentioned beforehand. Of course, there could be some who only know a couple other members of the group.
5. Have fun!

Character sheet:

Name:
Appearance: (Written or image)
Bio:
Traits:
Greatest Fear:
Relationships: (Optional)

Name: Alice Knight
Appearance:
Bck31YX.png

(Note: The image isn't mine, I only cropped it a bit so it would fit in better. If the original artist wants it down, I can remove it)
Bio: Growing up, Alice was always a bit of a weird girl. When she was younger, she tended to keep to herself very often. She was the class nerd, and loved all sorts of stories: books, television shows, games, and especially film. She always wanted to tell her own stories. As she got older, she became more interested in film, and decided that she’d like to be a director.
Traits: Dramatic, mischievous, and easily excitable. She can also be calm and friendly at times.
Greatest fear: Spiders
Relationships: Her best friend is Evan York, although she's good friends with Arris and Sora, and somewhat acquainted with Patrick.

Last edited:
Name: Evan York
Appearance:
5688-1698983170.jpg

Bio: Although considered the black sheep of his family for his media consumption, odd quirk, and strange charisma, Evan has always had confidence in his abilities, especially literature and filmmaking. Hanging out with Alice Knight made him interested in horror, more over the elements behind it, and has recently spent time working on a subversive horror script with her.
Traits: Ambitious, quick-witted, imaginative, little all-over-the-place at times
Greatest Fear: Freakin’ jump-scares
Relationships: friends with Alice since elementary school

Name: Arris Godwin
Appearance: ginger hair with a slender face, but fairly strong looking build, he wears a brown air jockey jacket, a blue tank top, and blue jeans, uses black and red sneakers
Bio: A rather relaxed young man who is the son of a fencing instructor, a senior in high school, and an airplane enthusiast
Traits: Strong, level-headed, cool under pressure, quick reactions
Greatest Fear: To die without something to be remembered by
Relationships: Aquaintences with most everyone, knows Alice fairly well, dating Rockie.

Last edited:
Name: Evan York
Appearance:
5688-1698983170.jpg

Bio: Although considered the black sheep of his family for his media consumption, odd quirk, and strange charisma, Evan has always had confidence in his abilities, especially literature and filmmaking. Hanging out with Alice Knight made him interested in horror, more over the elements behind it, and has recently spent time working on a subversive horror script with her.
Traits: Ambitious, quick-witted, imaginative, little all-over-the-place at times
Greatest Fear: Freakin’ jump-scares
Relationships: friends with Alice since elementary school
Name: Arris Godwin
Appearance: ginger hair with a slender face, but fairly strong looking build, he wears a brown air jockey jacket, a blue tank top, and blue jeans, uses black and red sneakers
Bio: A rather relaxed young man who is the son of a fencing instructor, a senior in high school, and an airplane enthusiast
Traits: Strong, level-headed, cool under pressure, quick reactions
Greatest Fear: To die without something to be remembered by
Relationships: Aquaintences with most everyone, knows Alice fairly well
Both are accepted!

Character sheet:

Name: Patrick Squire
Appearance:
d60ff11fe4644812287947683ee4b921.jpg

Bio: A bored young boy who lives only to amuse himself, Patrick as a child had a hard time being afraid of anything. What was even stranger though was his difficulty actually empathizing with other people as he didn't actually see a reason to talk to them too much. As he'd grown older Patrick became more and more reckless with ways to amuse himself usually by setting fires and breaking into locked school areas just for fun but he'd also learned to conceal his apathy by wearing a sarcastic mask that makes fun of any situation no matter how dire. Studying to become a stuntman in the same school for media and fine arts as Alice
Traits: Acrobatic, Tough, Unfazable
Greatest Fear: Getting stabbed in the back
Relationships: Doesn't really know anybody too well. Just uses Rockie getting hurt as an excuse to get the day off.

Last edited:
Accepted!
Character sheet:

Name: Patrick Squire
Appearance:
d60ff11fe4644812287947683ee4b921.jpg

Bio: A bored young boy who lives only to amuse himself, Patrick as a child had a hard time being afraid of anything. What was even stranger though was his difficulty actually empathizing with other people as he didn't actually see a reason to talk to them too much. As he'd grown older Patrick became more and more reckless with ways to amuse himself usually by setting fires and breaking into locked school areas just for fun but he'd also learned to conceal his apathy by wearing a sarcastic mask that makes fun of any situation no matter how dire. Studying to become a stuntman in the same school for media and fine arts as Alice
Traits: Acrobatic, Tough, Unfazable
Greatest Fear: Getting stabbed in the back
Relationships: (Optional)
Accepted! I think I can get things moving once Xion posts his sheet.

Name: Sora Takagi
Appearance:
LfP6psH.jpg

Bio:
A quiet girl who tends to be alone, she is the town otaku. Usually having her nose in a manga or light novel, her social awkwardness has kept her from really having friends. Due to the recent loss of her mother, she has become an alcoholic, which has led to poor attendance at school and failing grades.
Traits: Quiet, awkward, occasionally panicky, and extremely kind to a fault.
Greatest Fear: Being alone
Relationships: Has a crush on Alice, but is too afraid to ask due to all her friends.

Name: Sora Takagi
Appearance:
LfP6psH.jpg

Bio:
A quiet girl who tends to be alone, she is the town otaku. Usually having her nose in a manga or light novel, her social awkwardness has kept her from really having friends. Due to the recent loss of her mother, she has become an alcoholic, which has led to poor attendance at school and failing grades.
Traits: Quiet, awkward, occasionally panicky, and extremely kind to a fault.
Greatest Fear: Being alone
Relationships: Has a crush on Alice, but is too afraid to ask due to all her friends.
Accepted! I'll get things started now!

The thread for the roleplay is up!

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/no-escape.3718/

Also, I completely forgot to mention her earlier, but Rockie Bradford, Alice's cousin, is the character who everyone's visiting in the hospital. She's going to be more of an NPC, but I'll edit in a character sheet for her in a few minutes. I apologize for leaving that out.

Name: Rockie Bradford
Appearance:
1458887883-938310ae8e1b8aa302f5e2afedf4b67f.jpeg

(Again, not my image)
Bio: Rockie grew up in a family that was fairly wealthy, although she chose to attend the same high school as her cousin to stay close to friends. She joined the volleyball team, and all went well until she ended up in an accident that put her in the hospital for a little while.
Traits: Wild, carefree, and a little bit arrogant at times. She's also flirty around her boyfriend.
Greatest Fear: Being looked down upon by everyone around her.
Relationships: Alice's cousin and Arris' girlfriend.

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys are willing to take on one more participant, but here is my character if you are! I made it so that I can just jump in :) I did clear this with Face Nemisis before posting.

View attachment 1258

Name: Claire Williams
Appearance: Thin, tall and strong. Has what some people would call "The ballerina body". Long black hair and blue eyes.
Bio: Claire is a very busy high school student. Since she was very young, she has been heavily involved in dance and family activities, leaving little to no time for anything else, including a social life. She has had to maintain the best of grades with the hopes of getting into a good dance school, to hopefully dance professionally for a career. She has few friends, mainly other dancers in her classes. She also is a little bit of a pyro, though you couldn't tell by her normal conduct and appearance. She usually watches others or has the appearence that she is deep in thought, and won't go out of her was to talk to others.
Traits: Dedicated and determined, soft spot for those she knows, polite, but indifferent to others, confident.
Greatest Fear: Heights, loosing someone before their time, failure
Relationships: Claire has seen this group of friends in passing and in a couple of her classes throughout the years. She has never really connected with them though, and doesn't know if she would, given the chance.
However, Claire is in the hospital tonight because her jazz class was canceled. She has come to visit her grandfather, who's health has taken a turn for the worse. She and her family knows that he doesn't have much time left, because he now relies on life support to get the oxygen he needs...

Last edited:
I received approval to participate in the RP from Face. Here's my sheet.

Name: Jacob "Jak" Gallagher

Appearance: View attachment 1285 While Jacob has been hit in the eye before, he wears the eyepatch due to how he thinks he looks ridiculous with two different iris colors. His other iris color is a dark teal.

Bio: Jacob is your local bad boy of Green Pines. Before he spiraled out of control, he was a model child. Good grades and great parents. Around age 11, while his mother is gone shopping, Jacob and his father were bonding over video games when two gunmen decided to target his house as a perfect place to rob their possessions. Due to military experience, Jacob's father fought off the two gunmen as Jacob hid away from the danger. However, as he defeated one of them, the other shoots the father. Enraged, Jacob leaves his hiding place, grabs the kitchen knives and stabs the gunmen repeatedly. In the father's dying moments, he gives his son his dog tags to remember him by and to be strong for himself, his mother and his close friends. His mother went over the bender for a year until she committed suicide leaving Jacob alone to face the world.

As Jacob aged, he became more aggressive and egoistical. He started chain-smoking, experimenting with drugs, stealing stuff, and getting into fight clubs in the 'hoods. He constantly pushes people out of the way and speaks rudely of them. Ironically, he displays a great amount of intelligence that would have him succeed in life if he would change his behavior problems. Eventually, he got decked into a beating from his losing opponent on the way home from school and ended up in the hospital.

Traits: Arrogant, Aggressive, selfish, intelligent.

Greatest Fear: Losing his father's dog tags. It is last memento of his father who died protecting him.

Relationships: He does not hang out with the main group. However, the others are aware of his behavioral problems.

I received approval to participate in the RP from Face. Here's my sheet.

Name: Jacob "Jak" Gallagher

Appearance: View attachment 1285 While Jacob has been hit in the eye before, he wears the eyepatch due to how he thinks he looks ridiculous with two different iris colors. His other iris color is a dark teal.

Bio: Jacob is your local bad boy of Green Pines. Before he spiraled out of control, he was a model child. Good grades and great parents. Around age 11, while his mother is gone shopping, Jacob and his father were bonding over video games when two gunmen decided to target his house as a perfect place to rob their possessions. Due to military experience, Jacob's father fought off the two gunmen as Jacob hid away from the danger. However, as he defeated one of them, the other shoots the father. Enraged, Jacob leaves his hiding place, grabs the kitchen knives and stabs the gunmen repeatedly. In the father's dying moments, he gives his son his dog tags to remember him by and to be strong for himself, his mother and his close friends. His mother went over the bender for a year until she committed suicide leaving Jacob alone to face the world.

As Jacob aged, he became more aggressive and egoistical. He started chain-smoking, experimenting with drugs, stealing stuff, and getting into fight clubs in the 'hoods. He constantly pushes people out of the way and speaks rudely of them. Ironically, he displays a great amount of intelligence that would have him succeed in life if he would change his behavior problems. Eventually, he got decked into a beating from his losing opponent on the way home from school and ended up in the hospital.

Traits: Arrogant, Aggressive, selfish, intelligent.

Greatest Fear: Losing his father's dog tags. It is last memento of his father who died protecting him.

Relationships: He does not hang out with the main group. However, the others are aware of his behavioral problems.
Accepted! Now that we've got a lot of characters, I'm going to be closing the sign-ups.

Okay, I read up to the current point of the story, and I don't feel that my character is ready to drop in to the fray. When the timing is appropriate, I'll drop Jacob into the madness.

Okay, just wanted to make sure that we on the same page... So we are waiting to see what Claire sees out the window so that she can choose to react and tell the group accordingly and respond to Patrick?
We are also waiting see if Evan sees anything around the corner to tell Arris, right? Am I missing anything?
Excuse my enthusiasm, but I'm excited to see what happens next....

Last edited:
Okay, just wanted to make sure that we on the same page... So we are waiting to see what Claire sees out the window so that she can choose to react and tell the group accordingly and respond to Patrick?
We are also waiting see if Eric sees anything around the corner to tell Arris, right? Am I missing anything?
Pretty much atm.

We are also waiting see if Eric sees anything around the corner to tell Arris, right? Am I missing anything?
Pretty much. I was waiting to see if Xion would post too since I usually like to wait for everyone to get a chance, but I can go ahead and move things on now since it's been a while.

Back