Side Story No Honor Among Thieves

Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM
Chapter 1 - The Meeting

The terror of the two evil scientists had put a real dampener on any other evildoer to try and get a slice out of this brand new world in front of you. Of course, if you swore yourself into their army you could become one of their generals and potentially carve out a little place that you could rule. For some this felt like a perfect opportunity. For others like Bowser king of the Koopas, it was a grave insult. He had lost a good majority of his army when his castle had been pulled into what had been dubbed the Melding. Even so, he held a firm control on what he had left, and now he wanted to expand.

Through hushed tones in every shady place, they could find a summons was sent out to those that shared Bowser's thoughts a new regime where everyone would have the chance to gain a piece of the action away from the prying eyes of their overlords.

250px-SM3DL-_Bowser%27s_Castle_Intro.png

His base of operation wasn’t a well-kept secret or anything but it had so far not been harassed by the Wily-Eggman coalition to a high degree if the scattered remains of robots next to the lava moat was any indication. One by one the people who had heeded Bowsers summons started to trickle in and were led through the main gate into one of the towers and down into the basement of the castle. Traveling through the dimly lit corridors you soon found yourself in a large basement area where Bowser’s army had set up a large and impressive table in the middle of the large room.

Twelve chairs total lined on either side with a massive throne up in the front. Keen eyes would notice that there were a lot more tables and chairs pushed to the side of the room; it seemed that Bowser had expected a lot more individuals to take his summons. Even so, members of Bowser’s guard motioned you to take a seat at the table. As the table was starting to fill up the only thing left was to wait for their illustrious host who seemed to be running late.

Cast list:
@Lucky as Agent Stone
@Yun Lee as Cloe Walsh
@Chaos Sphere as Dark Meta Knight
@Sark as Giovanni
@Gummi Bunnies as Mars
@Takumi as Plumeria
@Rwac96 as Scourge the Hedgehog
@Ver as Vergil​

Chapter 1:
"Lost vengance, new opportunity"

View attachment 10853

Before he made a name for himself, he was a nobody. Worse, he was a knockoff Sonic on a knockoff Mobius. To be more specific, he hails from Moebius, a world where a scientist named Ivo Kintobor fought for freedom against the Suppression Squad. A great difference on any Mobius where Sonic and his allies, sometimes called Freedom Fighters, sometimes the Resistance, fought against the mad scientist Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik. Among the numerous enemies that the Blue Blur fought against, he was 'Evil Sonic' back before he changed himself. It made him sick that he was no better than Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, or any other doppelganger that challenged the Hero of Mobius.

View attachment 10854
But, that all changed when he made a trip to Mobius Prime on his birthday, getting a sample of power from that world's Master Emerald. No more 'Anti-Sonic' nonsense, as he became a true Scourge. As the Green Blur, he managed to fight Sonic and Shadow to a standstill, take over Moebius and become king. But, due to betrayal and Sonic's experience with Chaos Energy, he would find himself defeated and brought to the No-Zone for his crimes against the Multiverse. But, he wasn't just another Sonic, he was Sonic The Hedgehog at his full potential! With the help of the Destructix and his lover Fiona, Scourge would escape the interdimensional prison and return to Moebius; planning a reckoning for both Mobius Prime and his universe.

But, he would never get the pleasure of making his enemies' lives a misery, as Robotnik and a man named Wily. This coalition had robbed Scourge of his vengeance and separated him from the Destructix. To say that he was pissed was an understatement, evident by the way he destroyed the Wily-Eggman robots. Though, opportunity called when he saw a summon by a strange creature called Bowser. Like him, this...turtle/dragon-hybrid creature suffered under this alliance of scientists. A smirk spread upon his muzzle as he sprints towards the castle; the face made it much easier.

He followed the smaller reptiles, Koopas, to the lower levels of the base. Scourge scoffs, as he was somewhat reminded of Castle Acorn, but with the weird turtles instead of the vanity paintings of the Acorn family. Walking through the dimly lit corridors, he expected to find himself in a dungeon, but it resembled a basement.

"So," the Moebian Hedgehog spoke up, adjusting his red sunglasses, "this is the meet-up?" Shifting his head from left to right, looking at his new surroundings. Admittedly, Alicia had a more impressive set-up, despite him cheating on her numerous times. The green-furred speedster shrugs as he walks towards the large table. "Gotta say, this 'Bowser' guy better make all of this worth a damn."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

Last edited:
Plumeria Prologue: Enter the Team Skull Admin!

2a51d7c4c09abc17efeb822f280c9533185c542e.png

"Hmph."

Did their host live in the center of a volcano or what? It seemed a bit over the top for the Admin, but it was whatever. Letting herself be led to the basement, the Trainer took in those who may have arrived before her with a huff.

This whole Melding thing blowed, at least. She hadn't been able to find her Boss or those cute dumb brothers and sisters of hers ever since this mess started!

b3f28059e98f5ff8b7880855a80bb62e02ae8891.png

"So," she started after a while of sitting at the table in a rather unladylike fashion, resting her elbow on her raised knee, "our host gonna be here soon or what?" She grumbled towards one of the guards. She wanted things to go back how they were, but more importantly she wanted her boss and the rest of Team Skull together again as sappy as it may have sounded. It was really the main reason she even accepted, since she didn't want to try and find her cute numbskulls and their leader with risk of her and her Pokémon getting attacked by some dumb robots at almost every turn.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Ver @Sark @Lucky @Rwac96 @Everyone

"So," she started after a while of sitting at the table in a rather unladylike fashion, resting her elbow on her raised knee, "our host gonna be here soon or what?"

View attachment 10855

"Beats the hell outta me, toots," Scourge spoke up to the human girl, "I mean, this place is pretty much in a friggin' volcano. Have ya looked at this castle? The bastard has his own face plastered on it! He must be admirin' his ugly mug in a mirror right now." Said the Moebian who planned on renaming New Mobotropolis to 'Scourge City'.

View attachment 10855

"Beats the hell outta me, toots," Scourge spoke up to the human girl, "I mean, this place is pretty much in a friggin' volcano. Have ya looked at this castle? The bastard has his own face plastered on it! He must be admirin' his ugly mug in a mirror right now." Said the Moebian who planned on renaming New Mobotropolis to 'Scourge City'.

e86caa0780794582ea9771b38742517b44e32ead.png

"Don't call me toots, the name's Plumeria." She replied to the green....rodent thing. Kind of looked like a walking talking spiky green Rattata in clothes. Would she say it out loud? Nah. Didn't stop her from thinking it. He wasn't even the weirdest thing she'd seen since the Melding happened either, though it was still pretty weird.

She did give an amused chuckle at his comment about their late host though, his secret lair did look kind of dumb with his face on it like that.

09575d806fa99924b5938693843bd77573aef815.png

"Maybe, who knows? Hopefully he stops wasting time and gets here so we can get this little meeting started and out of the way." She sighed.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Sark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos Sphere @Ver @Everyone

"Don't call me toots, the name's Plumeria."

View attachment 10856

"Noted, Plumeria," he says with a light snicker, lifting up his red sunglasses. "The name's Scourge, the fastest badass to grace this cliche castle." The green-furred speedster gestures his left thumb to his scarred chest, sporting a sharp-toothed grin.

Unlike the Skull Member, Scourge seems unphased by the presence of a human, or Overlander to those of Mobius and Moebius. Though his dimension had the Great Peace, it didn't last and the Acorn family saw to it that each of the humans was either enslaved or slaughtered for disobedience. Scourge, however, was indifferent to them; especially as his blue eyes focused on the young woman. She was a welcome sight to the villainous speedster, especially ever since the Melding took place.

"Maybe, who knows? Hopefully he stops wasting time and gets here so we can get this little meeting started and out of the way."

View attachment 10857

"Pretty shitty to keep us waiting, he did call us here." Scourge plops down onto a chair, kicking his left leg up and placing it over his right. "Though, it doesn't hurt to shoot the shit for a while, eh?"

"Heh, it's obvious," One of the other people at the table came into the conversation between Scourge and Plumeria. He looked like a normal teenager but there was something...off about him.
One of his ears twitched, turning to a human teenager, well what looked like one. In his time of causing trouble throughout the Multiverse, Scourge could tell that someone wasn't who they appear to be.

"I bet he's just out of reach. Sizing us up. Looking after weaknesses. That's what I would do."

View attachment 10858

"Uh-huh," he responds with a light shrug of his shoulders, "and who the hell are you, pal?" The green-furred speedster tilts his head, furrowing one of his brows.

Prologue: The Mirror's Dark Knight

A dark grey "armored ball" spontaneously appeared before the gates of Bowser's castle all by himself. "This where I am needed, am I not?" Dark Meta Knight made his presence known before the Koopa guards. Ever since he had last appeared in Planet Popstar, it did not resemble the chaotic mess that it currently is, although he is partially aware of a similar takeover that occurred in the past.

The robots that he had encountered so far within his travels, although a moderate inconvenience to him at best, just did not sit well at all. Most of them appeared more complex compared to the typical denizen of Dreamland, much more compared to the likes of Kirby and the multiple Waddle Dees that had suddenly gone missing.

He walked into the castle under the supervision of the turtle-like guards, eventually reaching the basement. Having overheard a small portion of the conversation that occurred in the room, he decided to listen to the conversation in silence as he positioned himself slightly further from the table. It appears that even his would-be allies are from completely different places...

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

Hearing a new presence, the green-furred hedgehog turns to a newcomer....who he sees is a small, armored being. He scratches the top of his head, wondering how many people have accepted this giant turtles' summon.

"This where I am needed, am I not?"

"A midget knight," Scourge spoke out loud, tapping his left foot lightly. Lowering his red sunglasses, the speedster snickers slightly. "Heh," he shifts his blue eyes around, noting that they don't look like heroic types. This was a welcome observation to the vain Moebian.

"Heh, it's obvious," One of the other people at the table came into the conversation between Scourge and Plumeria. He looked like a normal teenager but there was something...off about him.

"I bet he's just out of reach. Sizing us up. Looking after weaknesses. That's what I would do."

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

One of his ears twitched, turning to a human teenager, well what looked like one. In his time of causing trouble throughout the Multiverse, Scourge could tell that someone wasn't who they appear to be.

View attachment 10858

"Uh-huh," he responds with a light shrug of his shoulders, "and who the hell are you, pal?" The green-furred speedster tilts his head, furrowing one of his brows.

Prologue: The Mirror's Dark Knight

A dark grey "armored ball" spontaneously appeared before the gates of Bowser's castle all by himself. "This where I am needed, am I not?" Dark Meta Knight made his presence known before the Koopa guards. Ever since he had last appeared in Planet Popstar, it did not resemble the chaotic mess that it currently is, although he is partially aware of a similar takeover that occurred in the past.

The robots that he had encountered so far within his travels, although a moderate inconvenience to him at best, just did not sit well at all. Most of them appeared more complex compared to the typical denizen of Dreamland, much more compared to the likes of Kirby and the multiple Waddle Dees that had suddenly gone missing.

He walked into the castle under the supervision of the turtle-like guards, eventually reaching the basement. Having overheard a small portion of the conversation that occurred in the room, he decided to listen to the conversation in silence as he positioned himself slightly further from the table. It appears that even his would-be allies are from completely different places...

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

"Yeah, well, he's sure taking his sweet time." Plumeria replied as she rose a brow at the odd kid as he spoke to both her and Scourge, followed by some kind of round armor wearing creature arriving. Whatever it was it kept it's distance.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

"A midget knight," Scourge spoke out loud, tapping his left foot lightly. Lowering his red sunglasses, the speedster snickers slightly. "Heh," he shifts his blue eyes around, noting that they don't look like heroic types. This was a welcome observation to the vain Moebian.​

"Perhaps I am considered a midget, but size does not matter in matters where combative ability is important, does it?" he responded in an unfazed manner before launching himself to the air and flying to the farthest unoccupied chair on the table, his cape having turned into wings for this very purpose. He landed on the seat in a smooth spiral then stood still to take a glance at each person on the table. None of them seemed to be heroic, or even leaning towards the good side in a significant degree. He sees this as good.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Takumi @Everyone

The boy chuckled. "Who am I? I am Yamada, master of the dark arts!" As he said that a dark purple aura surrounded him for a brief moment before vanishing.

Yamada's remark garnered a laugh from one of the others at the table. He wore disheveled clothes and an untrimmed beard. He looked like someone who had been sleeping on the streets for months.

"Aaah to be young again! Thinking your fantasies are the real deal. Hilarious!"

"What did you say?" The purple aura emerged around Yamada again as some of the chairs against the walls started to shake.

"So scary! I guess there is some strength in you then!" The man didn't seem interested to push Yamada's buttons further and just tipped his hat at him with a cocky grin.​

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

The boy chuckled. "Who am I? I am Yamada, master of the dark arts!" As he said that a dark purple aura surrounded him for a brief moment before vanishing.

Yamada's remark garnered a laugh from one of the others at the table. He wore disheveled clothes and an untrimmed beard. He looked like someone who had been sleeping on the streets for months.

"Aaah to be young again! Thinking your fantasies are the real deal. Hilarious!"

"What did you say?" The purple aura emerged around Yamada again as some of the chairs against the walls started to shake.

"So scary! I guess there is some strength in you then!" The man didn't seem interested to push Yamada's buttons further and just tipped his hat at him with a cocky grin.

CEvJc7x.jpg

"Huh," he blinks at the youth turning into an aura and being pulled towards the elderly man. "nice hocus pocus, hobo," Scourge concludes with a quick clap of his hands.

View attachment 10881

"How annoying..."

Vergil had remained silent through the bustle of the crude conference that had led him and everyone else here. The swordsman was generally not one for alliances; if he needed help to attain what he needed, then he didn't deserve it in the first place. However, Vergil's haughtiness did not give way to recklessness, as the young man knew that he was a bit out of his element in this unfamiliar world, so he'd have to play it smart if he wanted to get something out of this exchange.

He had no interest in being a lackey for two decrepit old men who looked like they could hardly stand up for too long without hurting their backs, so Vergil had declined the invitation to join the ranks of Wily and Eggman, though the latter's obsession over these so-called... Chaos Emeralds did intrigue him a bit. If they were as powerful as that man insisted they were, then that just meant everyone else was a stepping stone for Vergil to attain them for himself. Of course, perhaps it could be said that he was going against his own credo by answering the summons of this Bowser as it were, and though the beast might too feel inclined to consider everyone here a potential minion, just this once, Vergil chose to view it as an alliance of mutual benefit and standing, but if and only if he proved worthy of the white-haired man's attention.

Which seemed to be growing more and more unlikely with each passing second.

Standing up from his seat, hand resting on the hilt of his sword at all times, Vergil began to step toward the exit. "I know not which is more impertinent of this Bowser, that he would deign to waste my time in some foolhardy attempt to gauge me, or that he is simply a genuine buffoon who can't even make his appointments on time, but either way, I am beginning to doubt I can gain anything worthwhile from allying with him... or anyone else here for that matter," he spoke brusquely, and with that, began to make his way back toward the exit...

@Jeremi @Takumi @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Scourge taps his foot, shifting his blue eyes around for any semblance of a clock in this basement. Like any Sonic in the multiverse, well likely most of them, he was not a fan of waiting. It was evident by the loud groan that escaped his lips. Though, what kept him from exploding in an emotional outburst was the thought of revenge. Revenge on Robotnik and his new partner Wiley, a chance to grab the Chaos Emeralds; true, genuine Chaos Emeralds. Ones that will boost his power, the seven keys to his promise to lay waste to Sonic and his friends, the Suppression Squad, and anyone else who stands in his way.

Then, he hears the voice of a white-haired, man in blue who seemed to be clutching the handle of a sword. The green-furred speedster scoffs, as he listened to the sound of his voice.

Standing up from his seat, hand resting on the hilt of his sword at all times, Vergil began to step toward the exit. "I know not which is more impertinent of this Bowser, that he would deign to waste my time in some foolhardy attempt to gauge me, or that he is simply a genuine buffoon who can't even make his appointments on time, but either way, I am beginning to doubt I can gain anything worthwhile from allying with him... or anyone else here for that matter," he spoke brusquely, and with that, began to make his way back toward the exit...

ekyvuH1.jpg

The hedgehog shrugs, "Eh, you ain't the only one here, spikey." The leather-jacket-wearing Moebian gestures a thumb to the gathered group, "Hell, I rather have alone time with my girl Fi than wait on a dumb ass turtle-freak with weirdos I just met." Scourge takes another look around the basement, scoffing as he kicks his feet up on the table. "The least the jackass can do is give us some grub."

"Thanks," The bearded man replied to Scourge. "But I won't take fashion advice from a green hedgehog in a leather jacket."

To Vergil's comment another in the table spoke...a skeleton wearing a matador outfit?

"Creatures of strength decide what others can do," It spoke with a clear voice with a slight sinister vibration to it. "We all gathered to his summons, which means we are all curious to what he has to say."

As if on cue the door on the other side of the room flung open.

A massive turtle...dragon lizard was arguing with another lizard wearing a robe before he slammed his foot to the ground causing the entire castle to shake and the wizard to disappear in a puff of smoke. The turtle would lumber up to the throne and slouch down his massive frame barely managing to fit on it. He'd look over the 12 others at the table and sighed.

220px-Bowser_Stock_Art_2021.png

"So this is all of you, huh?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

The Moebian Hedgehog sneers at the bearded human, promptly flipping him off in response. It seems he took pride in his appearance, as he begins to dust off the aforementioned leather jacket.

"Creatures of strength decide what others can do," It spoke with a clear voice with a slight sinister vibration to it. "We all gathered to his summons, which means we are all curious to what he has to say."

Scourge lets out a mocking yawn as if he was planning to speed off, but, it seems that their host and the turtle who planned this gathering chose to arrive. Turning to the other side of the room, the speedster spots the turtle/dragon hybrid arriving in a puff of smoke. The hedgehog proceeds to give the creature a slow clap, a slight shake of his head.

YhPUZgQ.jpg

"Well, well, oh friggin' well," the green-furred speedster spoke, "judgin' from the likelihood of your parents bein' a turtle and a dragon...you must be Bowser. Say, what took ya so friggin' long?"

Despite the passing of time and the growing impatience of some, the dark knight preferred to wait long. Perhaps it may be worth the lost time... And at last, Bowser made his entrance, a loud one fitting for a hulking armored beast that resembled a turtle. The brief trembling of the castle did not appear to seriously bother the masked swordsman, who had wrapped his cape around the majority of his being like a bat at rest.

220px-Bowser_Stock_Art_2021.png

"So this is all of you, huh?"

"I believe so," Dark Meta Knight replied in a formal tone as he unfolded his cape, "And I believe that you are Bowser? It is best that we begin, if that is the case." He is prepared to pay attention to whatever the big king of the castle would address to everyone.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi

Last edited:
a46d45a527658c0fb93f1728073dbe9e.jpg

❝ Uh huh, so when do we get to the important stuff, huh? As a representing commander of Team Galactic, I really don't have all day to sit around and waste time. ❞ Mars finally spoke up, having been quiet for the entire time she's been waiting around. She didn't really feel like mingling with these... other misfits. Her Purugly had made itself comfortable on the table in front of her in the meantime.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi @Chaos Sphere

Back