[Old] 1st Age: Genesis - Obsolete

Miria walked on, looking at everything as it changed. Barren space began to live. The smell of mortality became stronger and heavier. The others must have gotten right to work. It was a shame. The moment that had passed was nice. Miria shook her head. She would have to meet with them. After all, once things start to kick off, she'd have to get to work as well. World-building was everyone's responsibility, and her part was to arrive once life began to blossom. Life that was numerous. Life that had the chance to taste peace and harmony just once. After the new life feels this, she must take it away from them, and make it an impossibility, and replace it with something that will give their lives more meaning.

With that in mind, she summoned her fog and entered it. As she exited the other end, she had found Fidreur and Luira finishing some business. Curious as to what it was about, she dropped in on them.

"Hello", she said with a small smile.

After being ignored by Fidreur raxis returns to his own domain to ponder about his own Creations. 'I need a name for you little guys... how about dragons? Yea that works you will be called dragons from now on.'
amfisbena__forest_dragon_by_telthona-d4sptnr.jpg

Last edited:
Luira nodded and raised her thin, pale fingers to point at the orcs. Her nails were a deep plum purple. And then, suddenly, Fidreur's orcs stood straight for a mere second before returning to their original positions.

"There." Luira said to Fidreur. "It has been done."

Rasti watched on as his brothers and sisters began their bickering and proclamations. His eyes twinkled over his glass. That certainly hadn’t taken long. He grinned when Nonpa threatened Rin. "You hear that, Rin? Apparently you're prideful."
Rin , who was dancing with one of his sisters, snorted indelicately.
Rasti sipped his mead and turned back to his siblings, still smiling. His eyes danced with shadows as he watched Nonpa, watchin himreact to Vanos' sudden pronouncement. Rasti kept his smile inside his cup. He'd known Vanos would want these humans to have a fighting chance. He always did. The Hunt had to be fair, and he was a sentimental man on many ways. Rasti raised a hand to him in farewell, thanking him again for the mead. In return for the gift, he reached out to the birds in Vanos' woods and gave to them a beautiful song, and the ability to ride his wind. The sounds that came from their tiny bodies would be melodious trills and whistles and fill his forest with a cacophany of song.

Vanishing Luira's discarded mead, handing her a red more to her taste, Rasti watched as Fidreur approached them with something of a spring in his step. Following behind him were two creatures with dragging arms and his long fangs. Rin detached himself from his fellows to look over his shoulder curiously. Rasti gave Fidreur some mead. "Welcome, brother. What do you bring here?"
These must have been the survivors of Fidreur's mad run. Orcs. They would roam the earth with humans and they were a whole new gamepiece. Rasti smiled at them. He had heard Fidreur's rage at Luira for killing one of his new creatures. Well, Fidreur had always been a little dramatic, but he seemed to have gotten over it.

Luira's second contribution was the one he was waiting for though. Emotions to chatge these humans. Watching them live their lives would be entertaining enough, but once they had emotions, the ability to recognise the gods and each other...it was a beautiful gift that would lead to great despair and great passion as time moved on. Only great emotion would make them truly capable of great art. Great joy and great pain. Through song and dance and artistry, that was how they would purge and release these great emotions that would haunt them, how they would gift them and show them to others of their race. Luira was giving them the capacity to make beauty just as the gods themselves could. With art they could make something to outlast their own lives, and in their own small way, cheat Luira's curse of time.

As she blessed Fidreur's orcs, who were being hesitantly approached by a few brave, curiously muttering Singers, Miria arrived. Rasti briefly toasted her. "Would you care to try some of Vanos' mead, or will you have the usual?"
Rin had fluttered over next to Rasti to watch the humans below discover their new gift. Rasti wondered what Miria would bring to the table. He also vaguely wondered where Raxis was. Already cloistered away with his creations, no doubt. Though Rasti could hardly talk. The difference was that he had rivers of wine.

Fidreur nodded. Now to find a suitable home for Yegoth and Mazoga, who he carried in his hands now. The Orcs were hungry, and tired, not that they would ever admit it. Fidreur intended to find a better solution to feeding his kids then creating temporary fruit every day.

Fidreur took the orcs south, following Vanos's forest south, he came upon misty flatland, grass from the forest had spread here. It smelled like sea salt, and below Fidreur there was a layer of salt water continuing to separate from the earth and gather in these lowlands. Soon it would be an ocean channel.

Beyond the water land rose again, into a single, black glassy peak, surrounded by ashen steppe lands elevated enough to avoid being ocean. It was a huge, empty grey island-continent. Fidreur set the Orcs down and formed strange grey leafless trees from the ash, with green fur along the trunk. Dark green crawling roots built up on the ash to soften the steps of the Orcs. Fidreur took some dirt and formed animals to live in these new plains. Strange hairless green monstrosities that could only come from Fidreur's odd imagination. Fidreur would have the Orcs eat the fruits and plant-eaters that roamed, and he left them to it. Fidreur was curious to see others creations. Fidreur decided to go exploring again.

Fidreur came upon floating islands with reptilian flying things leaping between the rocks. Fidreur thought for a moment, and wondered if this was Raxis's handy-work. Upon that thought, he realized he had somewhat acted "unbrotherly" toward him. Which was something he cared about ever since the Allfather took him aside in heaven and told him to be friends with his siblings, and to not hold grudges like he had the tendency to do, sometimes at random. So Fidreur called out for Raxis: Assuming this was his domain.

---

Yegoth explored the rocky island. Mazoga followed him. Yegoth had started naming some of the beasts that lived their. "Can I name some now?" Called out Mazoga. "How 'bout now? You named ALL of them, Yegoth! Lemme name one!" Yegoth chuckled to himself over his wifes complaint. It seemed like a trivial matter, naming beasts. But it was there new favorite thing to do. "Mazoga, what would you have named THAT one?" he asked her, pointing to a particular plant he named about a week ago as a 'Weed'. She looked at the plant and smiled, stating cutely "Flower!"

Hearing Fidreur Raxis decides to ignore him for now. 'lets see how he likes to be ignored.....'

Last edited:
Luira finished bestowing emotion and the capacity to feel upon the mortals of the land. She reached down for her glass, now a deep red wine, and nodded her thanks to Rasti. She looked over at Miria as she entered, watching her carefully. What creations would she bring to the table? Luira saw many paths, many possibilities. Miria was unpredictable, and Luira liked that about her. It made Luira's job more interesting.

Fidreur looked around him. The islands were impressive, and smacked of Raxis, but he was nowhere to be seen. This concerned Fidreur, as there was no other gods here either. He continued to call, to anyone this time, garnering the Dragons attention. Knowing Fidreur he won't likely stop soon until he finds someone.

@Spike1d23
---
Meanwhile, night fell on Rasti's corner of the planet. But their was still light. Shining brilliantly, a powerful light grew from the north, in Rasti's domain. It shot over the rocks with sheer, extraordinary power. And yet, mortals paid no mind. If asked, they don't even see it, only the gods... The river of wine grew thick and deliciously sweet. Something new had entered the world.

A voice was heard, with calming strength it whispered, though as loud as a scream, it said: "Come to me, my children. Show me your world!" said the Allfather.

@Zorja , @_BB_ , @Otomos the Crazy

"And since when did I ever tell you what I like to drink, Rasti?", said Miria, keeping her disturbingly calm, gentle smile. "No thank you. I'm more interested in what's going on right now."

She looked around at the work the others had been up to since they had left for this place. It was all very complex and thought out. There were a few signs of trial and error, but it was nothing too bad. Though, she had to admit that she would be disappointed if anything hilarious happened in her absence. It was somewhat surprising what the other deities had done at this point. Everything was going so fast for them. They must have had everything planned out...or at least, some of them may have. Some of them weren't even here. Perhaps they were off continuing their work. Either way, she could feel the presence of mortals within the new world, and the ones that roamed and moved were definitely worth observing later.

"I see that you all managed to breathe a new life into the world. Nice. I look forward to what it'll all bring about."

She was looking forward to the reactions of the others, but unfortunately for her, the Allfather had called for them. Miria sighed and willed the mist the gather once again.

"It seems we have some business to take care of. I'll head over there first."

Miria walked into her mist, and disappeared. She reappeared where she and the others were to convene, only instead of being in the form of the silver-haired maiden, she had taken on the form of a little child. It wasn't for any particular reason either. Sometimes, she just does it for the sake of being able to do it. It mattered little in the long run anyhow.

It had taken surprisingly little time for the little glob to grow large, and with so much being added into the world, it found larger objects to absorb and consume. The only problem was that it absorbed everything but the living. Trees, grass, flowers...anything that had true life within it, the gelatinous heap could not absorb. That didn't stop it from finding out what happens when a flower is plucked or a tree is knocked down.

Again, it grew. In a slower pace with what little there was to offer now, but it grew regardless.

As Vanos was entering his domain, He saw the birds flying around his head and singing beautiful songs. "Thank you Rasti" whispered Vanos with a smile. He loved his whistling songs and now his creations had that power. Vanos, filled with mirth whistled along is unison to his birds as they hummed gently in the air. Striding through his domain Vanos observed all his beasts, who would come freely up to him and nuzzle his sides. He loved his animals. Humming, Vanos stroked a Hummingbird that sat in his palm, it looked older then he remembered. It began to die as he held it. Filled with Passion, Vanos, in order to preserve its life, Began to hum to it softly. As Vanos did so the humming bird began to shine and have an ethereal glow to it. The dim blue glow was bright enough to conceal the bird from sight but soft enough where you could stare at it with ease of eyes. Vanos laughed and clapped his hands softly saying. "I shall call you a Wisp. I will give you long life, as long as i can manage with this curse of time." Finishing, Vanos made a few more Wisps to multiply and live throughout his domain and gave them the ability to whisper softly so you could here them should you listen. Chuckling to himself he breathed out "Go and light the way of travelers through my forest!"

After awhile Vanos heard the soft Voice of his Father rise above Rastis' domain. Turning, Vanos bounded towards the voice to greet his Father and see what he was here for.

Luira followed her siblings to meet the Allfather, her gauzy gown trailing lightly behind her. She had not created an immortal species to aid her, or even a domain of her own yet, but she was patient. Soon, she would begin her own creating. For now it was time to observe and to see what her siblings were able to develop and create.

Useing his foresight Raxis discovers what will eventually happen to his dragons due to time... He starts to quietly sob. The dragons roar at nothing due to there creator being so sad thinking there is something near causing it.
(Raxis is a very.. soft character and easily gets upset when it involves something he cares about)

Last edited:
Rasti gave Miria a grin. "Worth a shot, as always, sister dear."
All those gathered glanced upwards to a spot above them where a great light was emanating. He cast his eyes around his domain, watching every detail become just that touch brighter. His Singers quieted for a moment, confused by the new entrance. Rin, who had been beside Rasti, backed away to join his siblings. He knew this was far greater than him.
Rasti's rivers began to flow full, the cheery bubbling of the brooks bubbling higher, and the stars that pierced the dark places shone brighter. Rasti inhaled and the very air seemed sweeter. He took a moment to be ready to store this moment before he tasted the mead Vanos had made, knowing it would taste all the sweeter for his Father's presence in their new land. The tastes swirled down his throat, and Rasti's wind rushed over him, curling through his hair and tugging at his clothes. He looked down over the rest of the earth and saw the shiver of light pass through all. The humans and orcs seemed not to notice.
Standing, Rasti refilled his glass and attached the handsome flask Vanos had made to his belt. He moved to where all of his siblings were greeting their father, come down to see their new work. Rasti lounged on a rock at the side of the gathering. "Well Vanos made this excellent meed, if you'd care to try some, Father."

After witnessing the bestowing of emotions upon the mortal creatures, Nonpa decided it was time to make his domain. With time coming, and now this, It was only a matter of time before the first sinners would come, and Nonpa wouldn't want to keep them waiting. If there's one thing Nonpa could say, it's that Luira really knows how to get the ball rolling.

Nonpa excused himself, and said his goodbyes, before going to wander the unformed wastes for the perfect entrance to Hell.

Suddenly, Fidreur heard roaring all around him. The Dragons were instantly upset. In the distance faint crying could be heard, and Fidreur followed the sound, gliding up to one island in particular, where supernaturally dreary rain poured down. A heavy feeling of loss was strong here, and Fidreur hated it. Accept defeat?! Why??

He saw Raxis crying in the epicenter of the storm of sorrow. Fidreur approached, saying in mild indignation "Why are you sad?! You are a empowered son of the Allfather! Whatever it is causing you to cry, it is not good enough a reason to not fight back. Now tell me; what is the problem?"

@Spike1d23
---
The Allfather was an Elderly Giant, venerable beyond time. His white beard and hair flowed, his shining cloak seemed to refresh the life of what it touched.

The Allfather smiled at Rasti, taking the cup and sipping, contemplating the flavor and revealed his tongue was the blade of a sword, perhaps the most interesting thing about his form. "This came from Vanos and you. I am pleased that you would create together. Alone, you are powerful, together you are brothers." He turned to Luira "And you would protect those that are not yours with time? Well done, my daughter. Despite what Fidreur said to you. ...He speaks too quickly, often times. Not everything is a 'fight' he must 'win'." The Allfather turned to Miria, and said something that puzzled her. "...Take better care of you creations, Miria, for you don't even know it exists yet. You are not omniscient, but that's why I made so many of you."

"Now, will you show me your creations?"

@Zorja , @_BB_ , @Otomos the Crazy

In the depths of the mountains, a large boulder began to crack. A single chink became a fracture, which gave way to a crevice, and eventually the rock split in two. Inside, the walls of the hollow boulder were covered with intricate patterns of every color. Aubergine swirls danced across the surface of the stone and gave way to images of deep blue stars and vivid red skulls. The mysterious art did not appear to be painted onto the rock, but instead carved into the very texture of the boulder. The swirls all seemed to be leading to the center of the boulder, where a young woman was awakening from a deep slumber. She wore a light, airy dress made of gossamer threads seemingly woven from the stars themselves. It glistened with every color imaginable. As she lifted her head, long tendrils of silver hair swept aside to reveal milky white skin that shimmered as it was met with the light of day. Her eyes opened.

At long last, Keira had arrived on the world she had heard so much about.

Keira emerged in black, volcanic mountains. Their was no more steam or ash, but the land was sterile. To the west there was a sea of mud. To the east, a trail of limp bodies of bizarre green beasts lay in a line, as though they collapsed from chasing something. They were dead, but the spirits lingered. They had no where to go.

There were tunnels at the foot of the mountains. They had a strange odor; not death at all, it was almost a creature.

The sky was a deep blue, the earth black. The mud was slightly olive. And this extended on for thousands of miles, but north-east Keira might hear faint signs of singing, in the far distance...

@stargazer

"Excuse me, Allfather..."

Miria's voice was younger, as if to match the form she had taken, but her tone of voice was similar to the one she normally used. At the moment, she was somewhat unsure of what the Allfather had meant. She hadn't done much else but watch the world as the others changed it. From the moment she landed, she had done nothing but observe and speak. Her own domain was over the creation of constructs and machines, and weapons. She was more in-tune with the skill of smithing, and the creation and maintenance of conflict between mortals, rather than the creation of anything else. Miria was quite sure that she hadn't dozed off in the new world, and built anything in her sleep.

"I am confused as to how you would have me show you my creation, when I have created nothing to show? For that matter, what was it that you meant? That I must take care of something I have created that I don't even know of?"

She turned her head towards Rasti, Luira, and Vanos. The only other three deities that seemed to have responded to the Allfather's call. At least, the only ones that have shown up at the moment.

"Do any of you know what he's talking about?"

@Lazzamore @Pawnige @_BB_ @Zorja

...​

It was amazing at how fast the blob grew. It now stood, towering over the trees. With everything it enveloped, it absorbed and transmuted the material from a solid object to a slimy, gooey substance that made up most of its mass. For some reason, not everything it devoured was put through the same process. Instead they simply stuck out of its body. Splintered trees and large rocks and boulders could be seen poking out from the sides. Though its form constantly shifted with how much it had become, the blob had attempted to keep some sort of humanoid form. It constantly shifted colors, and continued to move. It continued to do what it had been doing all this time: consuming what it could, and growing because of it.

Looking up at Fidreur Raxis says 'This place is truly not home.. the dragons they are slowly dieing what is the point of creating them if they are fated to die because they exist? whats the point in all of this brother...? I dont understand it..'

The Allfather looked at Miria "But you have, Miria, you belittle just how powerful you are." He began walking ahead of the group, taking in Rasti's outcroppings. He clearly moved on from the topic. He saw Vanos arrive at the meeting, to whom he said little, but gave a warm smile. "The others will come soon. Well, most of them, anyhow..." he trailed off. Something seemed to sadden him. But in a mere moment he snapped back to his fatherly smile. He called again to the gods who have yet to hear.

@Spike1d23, @Pawnige @_BB_ @Zorja @stargazer @Otomos the Crazy @Salsacookies ((Y'know what guys, from now on if my post involves everyone I'm gonna go ahead and not make myself tag EVERYONE in the thread, okay? okay.))
---
East of the Forest of Vanos, the land fell away to water, a deep blue. White waves began to form, pushing silt unto the edges of the water, killing all land plant-life with it's excess of salt. In the deep, light could not penetrate. A cold glow was seen in the blackness of the abyss. even there the Allfather's call was heard. "So He comes. To see his favorites. But not me. Never me..." whispered a beautiful goddess. He face contorted violently. "They'll just have to hear a different perspective then. All of them..." And Eellae, goddess of beauty and confusion, created her heralds...

---
Fidreur looked on at Raxis pitifully. "I don't know what the meaning of this gift is. But I know what it isn't; It isn't so we could be destroyed by hopelessness! Time is Luira's new rule, and we can't undo it; but nothings 'checkmate' until ALL our pieces are oblivion, understand? Now, if you want to keep your creations, you can do what I did..." Fidreur explained how his Orcs and the humans worked and the process of the reproductive system. "...And perhaps a cold creature like your shouldn't keep the child in her womb, maybe you could create some form of shell for it-" then something stopped him. He became excited as he said "Did you hear that? The Allfather's come! Hurry, we shouldn't keep him waiting!" Fidreur had always tried a little too hard to please the Allfather.

@Spike1d23

Last edited:
Back