Olympian's Blood 1x1

"Why is everyone so sure he did do it?" Maroe said, inching toward him, "Even if he can't remember and even if he is immortal, he's capable of being knocked out. I would know."

Glancing back to Theo, she gave him a nod and then looked to Jaina again.

"Doesn't mean he was the cause or had the power to prevent whatever happened. Personally, I don't think he did it and if he did, I don't think he did something like it on purpose."

"What do you think people would think if you walked away from a camp unscathed, the buildings in ruins and everyone else dead?" She snapped, tears welling in her eyes. "What am I supposed to believe?" She asked, glaring at Maroe. "That everyone suddenly fell to the ground dead? Think about what you're saying, Maroe!" She sobbed, gritting her teeth as she lashed out at the girl...

"I am thinking about what I'm saying," Maroe replied evenly. She felt bad for the woman and everything she had lost, but some of the things she was saying just didn't add up to her. "I'm saying, just because Theo is the only survivor doesn't mean he did it. And honestly, if I cared about him as much as you seemed to, jumping to crazy mass murderer is not where my mind would jump to. I found Theo and in that time I lost my grandma and my home. It doesn't mean I blame the guy for it."

"I don't believe it. I just don't..." She cried, falling to the ground like a child. Theo clenched his teeth, crouching next to the woman...

"Look, maybe I didn't do this. There's hope. We just have to think: Who would want to kill a large amount of demigods?" He asked, looking to the two demigoddesses. Lila sniffed, looking up to Theo...

"I don't know... There's the monsters... but... Our presence wasn't known by many back in the day..." She sighed, rubbing the tears from her eyes...

Maroe stepped back and let Theo pick up his girl friend..or was it ex? Former girl friend? Shaking her head she dispelled the thoughts, they weren't important right now. "Well, if you two were in a camp with the purpose of aiding in Vietnam, it opens up a lot more potential enemies. Someone knew about you and did this. The government, operatives in 'Nam maybe. Other demigods. There aren't just demigods in the states, I'm assuming. Somewhere out there, you two may have little Vietnamese half siblings running around."

"Maybe the government... It was a quiet operation, and in the end, none of us ever made it to the war... Maybe they'd want to cover up their tracks..." She said, scratching her chin as she stood, to face Maroe.

"But it still doesn't make sense. We were among mortals, and they can't come here, they just seem to go elsewhere. It's the Mist hiding our presence. Why would they want to destroy a army that they didn't even use? An underdeveloped army, at that." She said, glancing at Theo, who promptly shrugged...

"Why leave around a weapon when someone else could use it?" Maroe replied with a small shrug, "Who would have the most to gain from the end of a demigod camp? And if you don't mind my asking, where have you been for the last 50 years?"

"Me? I have been looking for anyone who would lead me to who destroyed Camp Kennedy. It was my camp, too. But it seems no one remembers it, and I can't find any survivors other than Theo. Not even S's kids know anything!" She said, wrapping her cloak tighter around herself as the cold from the snow settled in...

Maroe bit her lip and looked out over the vacant fields of snow. Someone had gone through a lot of trouble to cover up such a massacre and it made her skin crawl. It was an all too familiar feeling.

They had two options at the current moment and both felt like dead end in one way or another. "Well, we can look around and see if there's any clues here, and then go back to my apartment to regroup. If we stay we'll need to look out for monsters. We probably smell like a buffet."

They still had her apartment until the eviction notice came at the end of the month, not that it would matter, but at least they had it for now.

"I think I can raise it out of the snow if you can use your water works to help clear the place," she said, looking to Theo and Jaina.

Last edited:
"Alright. Let's do this..." She said, flicking her wrist ever so slightly, and the snow quickly fled from the scene, rolling away as if it was an avalanche coming down a mountain.

The woman glanced at Maroe expectantly, and kept her spear out, just in case anyone decided to attack.

Maroe watched the snow clear away and cast her a slightly impressed glance. The women worked fast if anything. I guess that's what happens when you have eternity to practice. Her powers were not so quick on some things, but required more concentration.

Closing her eyes, she let her strange 6th sense reach out into the ground, seeking out the ruins. There was a border that had once probably been a fence around the compound, marking it like ghostly foot print even 60 years later. She could feel the divets every few feet in the earth left by poles and concrete. Diving further, the outlines of several buildings...a strange pattern..a diamond maybe? Something twisted and metallic.

Finding what she wanted was the easy part, but pulling such a large piece to the surface would be more of a challenge. Her fists clenched as she held her breath, trying to focused on raising it up. The earth began to tremble all around them as cracking sounds echoed. "C'mon." It was giving way slowly, like ripping a tooth. A thunderous boom shattered through the cracking and the field before them began to rise, breaking from the area. Frozen hunks of rock and dirt roiled as the compound revealed itself.

It was a tremendous weight on the scope of Maroe's power though, and as soon as it was sufficently uncovered, her mind released the earth. She drew in a ragged breath and stumbled forward, catching herself with shaking knees. "Okay gang..." she panted, "Split...and... search for clues."

"Alright, Velma..." She said, rolling her eyes, her scythe seemingly dissolved into tiny shards in her hand, before blowing away in the wind. As the ruins rose out of the ground, charred signs, and crumpled metal rose out of the earth, lining the buildings, and showing where the building used to be. There was a huge metal compound, or the crumbling ruins of one fifty feet away. In the distance, Maroe could feel several other foundations of buildings that may have been destroyed.

And... there seemed to be a system of caves and tunnels beneath the surface of the camp... She could sense them below her, but a presence was making it hard for Maroe to focus... Theo gazed at the ruins, his eyes widened as he hugged himself, keeping the cold away. Lila effortlessly stepped forward, walking off into the distance.

Theo glanced down at Aron. "Boy, I could go for some food right now," He told Aron. She smirked, licking her lips.

"Maybe Maroe can give us some Aron Snacks" Aron said to Theo snickering in Maroe's direction.

"Better Velma with a brain, than Daphne with a pretty face and not much else," Maroe replied with smirk.

Moving that much earth had left her a little tired, so she pulled some of the ambrosia from her back pack and nibbled on it. The stuff tasted like snickerdoodle cookies with extra cinnamon, giving her a nice boost of energy as she savored the bite. Why hadn't her grandmother known about this stuff before?

As she walked, Maroe could get a clearer idea of what lay underneath their feet, by scoping with her eyes and testing with her own senses. "There's a few buildings out there in the rubble, I think. Not much left of them. And...some open spaces below us...tunnels. I don't know how far they extend, everything is a bit blurry feeling. It's hard to describe."

Glancing up to Theo and Jaina/Jackie/Lila, she titled her head. "Either of you two know about those?"

"There used to be some cabins, which are probably in ashes now. We lived in them. That's the main compound. It had a gym, a mess hall, the works. There's an amphitheater in the distance behind a line of trees. It still stands today," Jaina/Jackie/Lila/Daphne said, turning to Maroe. "Well, it was standing even before you got here." She scoffed, turning on her heel.

"I'm heading to the camp director's cabin. He had spent a lot of time there..." She said, turning to a ruined house, near the main compound. It was just barely the frame of the burned down cabin, black and charred, the walls barely standing, some areas the collapsed wall was only ankle height. She approached the house, the scorched floor peppered with white snowflakes from the still falling snow. Theo decided to follow, for he didn't see how he could be of any help... Meanwhile, Aron was looking up at Maroe, almost like she was a role model or her guardian... Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

"Goodie for it," Maroe remarked, rolling her eyes, "The one thing that managed not to get blown apart."

She let girl-of-a-thousand-names go wherever she wanted to without really answering her question and watched as Theo followed her. If that's what he wanted to do, he could. There weren't that many immortals, she imagined, and they were supposedly in love anyways. When Aron looked up at her questioningly, Maroe shrugged, "Suppose it's just you and me against the wide world. Let's go see what sort of trouble we can get into."

Walking on, she could feel of the remains underground more, but the sense was still fuzzy, as if someone had put a blanket over everything. Kicking at the piece of rubble, she strolled down what looked to be a path through the camp. Why join a military camp in the first place? She couldn't imagine wanting to have her own abilities and skills caged or ordered to set loose at the hands of a mortal man who didn't understand them.

"Alright Aron, pick a spot....any spot...eenie..meenie minee moe it and we'll look wherever you pick first," Maroe said to her with a small smile.

Lila and Theo went to the ruins and investigated, looking around, before disappearing down into a basement.

"Hmm..." Aron mentioned, glancing at the big building before them. She ran up to the pair of double doors, with her hammer raised. She swung down hard on the metal handle, shearing it right off of the door. "I choose this one!" She said, then trying to push the door open, but to no avail. She looked a bit sheepish, and opened the door she hadn't disabled...

Maroe let Aron pick a big building straight down the lane and make quick work of the lock. It was impossible not to chuckle a little when she ran into the door rather than opening before going through. "Don't that door defeat you," she teased, good naturedly as she walked in to the building behind her. The place was pitch black save for a few holes letting dim winter sunlight through the roof, and the air was stale.

"Hang on." Flipping her backpack around, Maroe pulled out an LED flash light and flicked the switch, flooding the immediate area with white light.

Aron walked into the building, gazing around inside the ruined building. It smelled almost musty. As she flicked the flashlight on, the room was illuminated. In the room were long, wooden tables, and benches lining them. Some of them were sunken into the ground, and some of them sported scorch marks licking up the side of them. In the distance, there were two more sets of double doors, and occasional holes in the walls, a gaping crater in the ceiling, the edges weathered away, tapering off to a thin layer of metal and concrete, insulation scattered all over the floor of the place.

"Eugh." Aron remarked, gripping her hammer tighter. She took a few steps forward, her feet crunching the pink insulation beneath her feet.

Maroe looked around and then up at the crater in the ceiling, tilting her head in curiosity. "I wonder what could a made a hole like that," she mused aloud as she walked in further, "Whatever it was left the rest of the building standing...it looks like this was the mess hall, maybe?"

Her eyes settled on the double doors at the end and she made her away over to them carefully. "Hmmm...what's behind curtain number two?" Listening or any strange sounds, and hearing none, she pushed open of the doors.

"Maybe a bomb... or a METEOR." Aron suggested, waving her arms in huge gestures, her fists drifting downward, until she imitated an explosion, and her hands flew up into the air. The doors opened into a dark room, nearly pitch black. Inside was a tile floor, and she could see the outline of lockers, and another set of double doors a few paces into the room. There were several benches, but she couldn't see how far in the room went... only how bad it smelled was she able to notice...

Back