Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante's Prologue

q97668i.jpg

Dante's usual arsenal of his weapons were near him. Death's Scythe which was located on his back and a giant cross on his belt. Undead hordes of the damned was closing in on his location as he held back and instead held out Beatrice's cross as the holy energy cleansed souls, going up a level.

But as his journey continued, he yelled and sort of got cut off as he yelled a painful scream in this Hellish place.

"BEATRI-"

Instead he was gone from Hell and now in this strange place full of strange creatures he'd never seen before, creatures with short ears, and other mythical creatures. The only ones he recognized were humans, however even they were wearing strange clothing then he recognized.

He was THIS close to saving his love, this close.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to square one....

Dante A was frusterated and slightly angry but he would sort those lost feelings out later when he noticed the giant crowd started to scatter from a problem going on.

"What's going on?!" Dante A asked a crowd member running away in panic, hoping to figure out what was happening.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @dark @Crowd
"Damned Nashers have started another riot. Why won't they just accept that things change? Neverember's done a damn fine job with his plan." An older man complained. "And if they kill Sabine, well, who knows what will happen if Valindra returns. Might as well be signing their own death warrants." He scoffed.

View attachment 3574

"Ghrngh?!"

Speak of the devil, and she shall appear. As the shrill shriek of Aqua practically cut through the air like a hot knife through butter, Kazuma visibly grimaced, his first instinct seeming to turn around and just immediately hightail it outta here, just to get away from Aqua so he could preserve the peace of not being with her for a little longer, but deep down, he knew good things never lasted.

"VERY EASILY IF YOU HAVE TO KNOW!" Kazuma exclaimed back at Aqua, attempting to push her off. The aforementioned goddess was now here too, which could only mean Darkness was probably just around the corner as well, and he probably feared for the impression she'd make upon everyone else the most. Any minute now. Any moment now. In the meantime, the young adventurer clicked his tongue. "In my defense, I didn't even leave you behind on purpose. Knowing you, you probably just got lost on your own like an idiot, damned useless goddess!"

However, it seemed the fun and games were not for long, as before he could even return pleasantries with Richter and others, what seemed to be a small riot began to break out suddenly within the large crowd, seeming to revolt against the Sabine woman that others were praising earlier, taking note of the individual who was able to swiftly move through the crowd with daggers. His body moved faster than his mind could even think to process, and Kazuma (after crudely pushing Aqua aside) thrust his arm forward!

tumblr-o31cj0607-S1u6zbi9o1-400.gif

"Create Water!"

From Kazuma's hand shot out a stream of water, created through the power of magic, aimed right at the ground several feet in front of where the dagger wielding assailant was running, essentially just splashing at the ground and probably at the feet of whoever happened to be standing around there. Without missing a beat though, Kazuma cast yet another spell.

"Freeze!"

A ray of ice subsequently shot from his hand, easily freezing the water on the ground and turning it into solid ice, the plan in Kazuma's head being to make the lone assailant trip on the ice if all went well!

@Minerva @Kaykay @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Crowd
Arslan turned as a small riot suddenly began, and taking notice that quiete a few were injured. Blinking in awe at Kazuma's magical abilities, Arslan quickly snapped out of it and drew his blade.

If Kazuma's attack were to somehow fail, the Parsian Prince would try to intercept the attacker from getting any closer to Sabine or the injured soldiers in the same caravan as her.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @dark @crowd @others

"H-HEY!" Aqua would shout as she was pushed aside.

The figure would trip and wince in pain. It seemed Kazuma had hit him. As Arslan ran towards them, they turned around. The figure threw his daggers towards Kazuma before producing a crossbow and running towards a nearby building. The other rebels would continue throwing rocks as more of Sabine's soldiers readied their shields to block the incoming projectiles.

Scorpia tapped her chin trying to recall if she had heard the name before.

7XSCSGs.png

"Can't say that I do. Sorry."
She was starting to realize that maybe this wasn't as cut and dry as she originally thought. "Well shoot, guess we're all far away from home huh?" Scorpia gave both of them a friendly smile. "But it's probably going to work itself out, right?"

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Lucky
And somehow this situation just got worse. If Scorpia didn't know what Runeterra was, that meant he wasn't there at all. It was a foolish hope to think he was still there even with the foreign sky, but hoped he had. Well, no matter. He would find his way back to Valoran as soon as he possibly could. Until then, allying with these two other lost souls was his best option. After all, what kind of protector would he be if he limited his aid to his homeworld?

"Indeed. Hopefully Miss Cheldar has some of the answers we all seek hidden away in this VIP room..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Tavern
"I can't say that I have heard of The Fright Zone, unless you mean The Shadowfell, but you don't seem like you came from there." The woman said seriously. "Same goes for Runeterra. I'm sorry..."

She looked around the room. "I will help you all get back to where you come from. However, that's not the reason I called you here." She cleared her throat. "Have you all heard of the City of Sigil?"​

"Damned Nashers have started another riot. Why won't they just accept that things change? Neverember's done a damn fine job with his plan." An older man complained. "And if they kill Sabine, well, who knows what will happen if Valindra returns. Might as well be signing their own death warrants." He scoffed.

The figure would trip and wince in pain. It seemed Kazuma had hit him. As Arslan ran towards them, they turned around. The figure threw his daggers towards Kazuma before producing a crossbow and running towards a nearby building. The other rebels would continue throwing rocks as more of Sabine's soldiers readied their shields to block the incoming projectiles.

"I can't say that I have heard of The Fright Zone, unless you mean The Shadowfell, but you don't seem like you came from there." The woman said seriously. "Same goes for Runeterra. I'm sorry..."

She looked around the room. "I will help you all get back to where you come from. However, that's not the reason I called you here." She cleared her throat. "Have you all heard of the City of Sigil?"​

"Why would you call a city Sigil? That's like calling a place...Tree."
No, it was clear that Scorpia had not heard of the city. This woman not having heard about the Fright Zone was weird, everyone on Etheria knew about it. So did that mean...Naaah, that's dumb, she chuckled to herself.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva

❝ Ah... that makes sense... we are dealing with a similar predicament at this moment. In that case, let me introdu- ❞ Merlin would begin to say once their little group got acquainted, until some unruly individuals began to attack the general that he first spoke to. That would be an annoyance to have, especially after greeting her and stating his business!

❝ Oh dear, I hope I remember how to cast my magic like before. ❞ The mage mumbled to himself before seemingly warping himself in-between Sabine's guards and the rebels. With incoming rocks, he did a single wave of his staff, materializing magical wasps that flew erratically to ram into thrown stone projectiles. By doing so, Merlin did hope that it did what he thought it would: that the rocks would fly back at the rebels with a bit more force.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Takumi @dark
@Crowd

The tavern could be found a short distance away, however, it was in a strange place. It was on an island floating in the sky that had been chained to the main floor. A bridge led up to it. Once inside, the tavern was extravagant.

MoonstoneMaskInterior.jpg

A group of women were gathered in the upstairs area, dressed in their masks and fancy dresses. Men drank at the bar itself, making jokes and laughing it up, and people lounged around in the couches.

An elf woman smiled as you entered. She approached the group. "Welcome to the Moonstone Mask. I'm Liset Cheldar, the owner. I suppose you're here because you got the handout?" She said with a calming and kind voice.

The crowd cheered as the carts made their way through the streets. "Together, they slayed a Dracolich, a feared Dracolich!" He said. When Arslan and Richter would approach , he would look at them, a bit warily. "This is Protector's Enclave, the safest place in the entirety of Neverwinter!" He said gesturing his hand. "By the grace of Lord-Protector Neverember." He would glance at Richter. "Are you alright, sir?" He asked, with a concerned tone.

The guard leading Sabine would draw his sword as Merlin approached. Sabine waved her hand, causing the soldier to put down his dword and back off, begrudgingly "Oh? You wish to fight for Neverwinter? I'm grateful for the help.We could always use more mages." The woman said. "Especially since Valindra's getting bolder, attacking the gates. Just find Sergeant Knox and he'll get you set up."

The guard stepped in. "Valindra's a menace. A lich who's been leading her undead armies against the gates of the Enclave here. Last time, she summoned a Dracolich, devestated our army before we could take it down."

"Ah, you're in Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North. Well, it was, before..." The woman sighed. "It's nothing. Welcome to the city." She adjusted the cape and her shoulders. "I'm Boward, representative of The Harpers. It's pleasure to meet you, Lucina. Is Ylisse a land in Kara-Tur? I've met Harpers from everywhere and never heard of it."​

"It is a kingdom not from this era, Boward. I am not from this world, although I suppose you could have gathered that due to my attire. Can you tell me more about what's going on?"

tumblr_nc3673B9oW1tuy4w7o1_1280.png

Lucina smiled a bit at the woman, but then noticed a riot had seemingly broken out and that various warriors had entered the fray. She had hoped to not cause much of a conflict here and return home as soon as possible, but it appeared that this was not to be the case.

The princess placed a hand on her Falchion hilt, feeling the magic course through the metal and resonate from within her. If she had to, she would not hesitate to use it against human foes to keep the peace. It appeard her conversation with Boward would need to wait.

@Minerva

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

From somewhere within the crowd, Aqua would come out. "KAZUMA! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME!?" She cried out towards him.

Several members of the crowd would throw off their cloaks, revealing hidden weapons. "MINTARNS GO HOME!" They shouted in unison. "We won't let the Lord-Pretender rule anymore! This is for Alagondar!" Several of them picked up rocks and started throwing them at the soldiers, meanwhile one with two daggers would start dodging through the crowd towards General Sabine.The crowd began to part and panic while those soldiers who could fight readied their shields.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay

View attachment 3574

"Ghrngh?!"

Speak of the devil, and she shall appear. As the shrill shriek of Aqua practically cut through the air like a hot knife through butter, Kazuma visibly grimaced, his first instinct seeming to turn around and just immediately hightail it outta here, just to get away from Aqua so he could preserve the peace of not being with her for a little longer, but deep down, he knew good things never lasted.

"VERY EASILY IF YOU HAVE TO KNOW!" Kazuma exclaimed back at Aqua, attempting to push her off. The aforementioned goddess was now here too, which could only mean Darkness was probably just around the corner as well, and he probably feared for the impression she'd make upon everyone else the most. Any minute now. Any moment now. In the meantime, the young adventurer clicked his tongue. "In my defense, I didn't even leave you behind on purpose. Knowing you, you probably just got lost on your own like an idiot, damned useless goddess!"

However, it seemed the fun and games were not for long, as before he could even return pleasantries with Richter and others, what seemed to be a small riot began to break out suddenly within the large crowd, seeming to revolt against the Sabine woman that others were praising earlier, taking note of the individual who was able to swiftly move through the crowd with daggers. His body moved faster than his mind could even think to process, and Kazuma (after crudely pushing Aqua aside) thrust his arm forward!

tumblr-o31cj0607-S1u6zbi9o1-400.gif

"Create Water!"

From Kazuma's hand shot out a stream of water, created through the power of magic, aimed right at the ground several feet in front of where the dagger wielding assailant was running, essentially just splashing at the ground and probably at the feet of whoever happened to be standing around there. Without missing a beat though, Kazuma cast yet another spell.

"Freeze!"

A ray of ice subsequently shot from his hand, easily freezing the water on the ground and turning it into solid ice, the plan in Kazuma's head being to make the lone assailant trip on the ice if all went well!

@Minerva @Kaykay @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Crowd

Arslan turned as a small riot suddenly began, and taking notice that quiete a few were injured. Blinking in awe at Kazuma's magical abilities, Arslan quickly snapped out of it and drew his blade.

If Kazuma's attack were to somehow fail, the Parsian Prince would try to intercept the attacker from getting any closer to Sabine or the injured soldiers in the same caravan as her.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @dark @crowd @others

"Reheater? Oh, Richter!" Clarisse got a hang on the Belmont's name. As Aqua neared Kazuma, she added to the conversation, "your girlfriend?"

Just then, many a people started attacking General Sabine. Seeing the rest of the crowd fighting or running, she joins in.

Npc_zoom_3040046000_02.png

"Don't forget about me!"

Clarisse began to use her standard attack, her fingers crackling with plasma as two explosions were summoned among the crowd of assailants, blowing the batch away.

"KABOOM! Well, how's that for strategy?"

"We'll see, we'll see," Clarisse laughs as she realises something.

"We're talking like we've known each other a while, but we just met! We have to know each other's names!

The Rune Mage's eyebrows remained furrowed, but he began to realize that he probably shouldn't take Clarisse too seriously. "Right, names. Forgot about that," he sighed.
I am Clarisse, sole pupil of Cagliostro! I'm a skyfarer from the Phantagrande skydom. As for my other title... ahaha... I don't want to talk about it..."
"Good, because I don't want to know," he replied to Clarisse's omission of her other title. "As for me, just call me Ryze, there's nothing else you all should know," he said to everyone.
Several members of the crowd would throw off their cloaks, revealing hidden weapons. "MINTARNS GO HOME!" They shouted in unison. "We won't let the Lord-Pretender rule anymore! This is for Alagondar!" Several of them picked up rocks and started throwing them at the soldiers, meanwhile one with two daggers would start dodging through the crowd towards General Sabine.The crowd began to part and panic while those soldiers who could fight readied their shields.

Seemingly unfazed by the conflict, Ryze watched in disappointment. "More petty fighting. Why can't everyone just learn to live in peace for crying out loud?"

"Reheater? Oh, Richter!" Clarisse got a hang on the Belmont's name. As Aqua neared Kazuma, she added to the conversation, "your girlfriend?"

Just then, many a people started attacking General Sabine. Seeing the rest of the crowd fighting or running, she joins in.

"Don't forget about me!"

Clarisse began to use her standard attack, her fingers crackling with plasma as two explosions were summoned among the crowd of assailants, blowing the batch away.

"KABOOM! Well, how's that for strategy?"
Ryze widened his eyes, astonished at Clarisse's rash strategy. "What are you doing!? Casting explosions within city grounds? Are you trying to cause collateral damage?" While it didn't seem that any bystanders were hurt yet, the possibility of it enraged him. "My life would be so much easier if I didn't give a damn," he said to himself, deciding that he needed to use his powers to help reduce the destruction.

5yIDsj2.png

The runes on his chest glowed a bright blue as he swiped his right arm to the left. Bolts of power shot toward many of the rebels, which swirled around into cages of arcane energy, trapping each of them in a personal Rune Prison. Hopefully, this would make them easier to arrest.

"Be still!"

"Kazumaaa, would you like to explain just what makes me a little gi- eh? Aqua?"

With the sudden appearance of Aqua and break out of a fight, Megumin's complaints would have to be temporarily postponed. Still, it wasn't like there was anything for her to do about the assailants. Casting explosion magic in the middle of the city with bystanders around was just impossib-

BOOM!

"Ohhh! Nice explosion! Wait...eh? I-I swear I didn't cast that!"

Megumin flailed her arms wildly in protest after complimenting the wonderful sight of explosions. Even if she admired the idea, she was not going to get in trouble for this one.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Takumi @crowd​

"Oh, for the love of..."

Richter spun around to the sound of yelling and chaos, fastening his eyes on the group of assailants that flung off their cloaks. The instincts bored deep into the Belmont's senses couldn't sniff out anything supernatural about the men, but they're causing trouble. The hunter yanked the whip free from its clip upon his belt, the iron chain uncoiling and promptly wrapping about his main hand like bandages.

Breaking into a full sprint, Richter surged past the demonstrators imprisoned by Ryze's magic, focusing his sight on the armed rebel attempting to flee from the premises. With a swift motion of his primary hand, the whip uncoiled itself from Richter's wrist, wildly swinging free in the air for a split second before cracking forth with a distinct SWISH!

"You aren't going anywhere!"

If the Belmont's skill is up to the snuff, then the whip would sling forth and entangle the rebel's foot, the heavy flail at the whip's tip providing sufficient weight. The hunter quickly moved his free hand to the whip's length, yanking the chain back with full force to trip-up the fleeing suspect mid-run.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Takumi @crowd​

"Hey, whaaaaAAAOUUUGHHHH?!"

Eyes widening like baseballs, Kazuma staggered back as the assailant recovered and retaliated, throwing their daggers at him instead! By pure instinct, the young adventurer drew his short sword and miraculously managed to deflect the projectiles that came his way, even though it was mostly by sheer accident.

Even so, before the feat might have looked too impressive, Kazuma had lost his balance and fell on his ass with a sharp grunt. Looking incredulously at the short sword in his hand, he took a breath.

"I can't believe... Chunchunmaru saved me!!"

"I still refuse to call it that though!" He said, mostly to Megumin, whom he shot a glare at right after. From there, he quickly regained his bearings and stood up again, gritting his teeth at the grave situation... though the mood wasn't to last.

image.png

"Girlfriend?! Get real! I couldn't see this drunkard of a goddess as a heroine even if I tried, and I really did, but she has as much sex appeal as an avocado!" Kazuma mildly ranted to Clarisse when she put forward the notion of Aqua being his "girlfriend," as though it was absolutely necessary to clarify.

When the strange woman went on to cast her explosions at the crowd, prompting a reaction from Megumin (not to Kazuma's surprise), the young man clicked his teeth. "Jeez, coulda fooled me! I swear, it's like every explosion freak ever is crazy in the head!"

@Kaykay @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crowd

"Oh, for the love of..."

Richter spun around to the sound of yelling and chaos, fastening his eyes on the group of assailants that flung off their cloaks. The instincts bored deep into the Belmont's senses couldn't sniff out anything supernatural about the men, but they're causing trouble. The hunter yanked the whip free from its clip upon his belt, the iron chain uncoiling and promptly wrapping about his main hand like bandages.

Breaking into a full sprint, Richter surged past the demonstrators imprisoned by Ryze's magic, focusing his sight on the armed rebel attempting to flee from the premises. With a swift motion of his primary hand, the whip uncoiled itself from Richter's wrist, wildly swinging free in the air for a split second before cracking forth with a distinct SWISH!

If the Belmont's skill is up to the snuff, then the whip would sling forth and entangle the rebel's foot, the heavy flail at the whip's tip providing sufficient weight. The hunter quickly moved his free hand to the whip's length, yanking the chain back with full force to trip-up the fleeing suspect mid-run.

Arslan kept chase, only glancing back to see that Kazuma was alright in the end.

As Ritcher attempted to trip up the suspect, Arslan attempted to make sure they wouldn't try to hurt anyone else with their crossbow, by hopefully tackling them and pinning them to the ground.

@Minerva @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Crowd

"I believe it's safe to assume none of us have any familiarity with this land, Miss." The City of Sigil? Indeed, it was as foreign to Taric as Neverwinter and the Fright Zone.

@Minerva

"Why would you call a city Sigil? That's like calling a place...Tree." No, it was clear that Scorpia had not heard of the city. This woman not having heard about the Fright Zone was weird, everyone on Etheria knew about it. So did that mean...Naaah, that's dumb, she chuckled to herself.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva
"I believe it's safe to assume none of us have any familiarity with this land, Miss." The City of Sigil? Indeed, it was as foreign to Taric as Neverwinter and the Fright Zone.

@Minerva

She shrugged. "I have no idea. It's just what people have always called it. It connects all of the planes, acts as a central hub. Either way, I sent out that invite because I hoped to get prospective adventurers here for a discussion about how something weird's been going on lately, something... Extraplanar." She looked around the room. "OH! Forgive my absentmindedness! Would you all like some food or drink?"

@Lucky @Yun Lee

❝ Ah... that makes sense... we are dealing with a similar predicament at this moment. In that case, let me introdu- ❞ Merlin would begin to say once their little group got acquainted, until some unruly individuals began to attack the general that he first spoke to. That would be an annoyance to have, especially after greeting her and stating his business!

❝ Oh dear, I hope I remember how to cast my magic like before. ❞ The mage mumbled to himself before seemingly warping himself in-between Sabine's guards and the rebels. With incoming rocks, he did a single wave of his staff, materializing magical wasps that flew erratically to ram into thrown stone projectiles. By doing so, Merlin did hope that it did what he thought it would: that the rocks would fly back at the rebels with a bit more force.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Takumi @dark
@Crowd
"Oh, for the love of..."

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Takumi @crowd
"Hey, whaaaaAAAOUUUGHHHH?!"

Eyes widening like baseballs, Kazuma staggered back as the assailant recovered and retaliated, throwing their daggers at him instead! By pure instinct, the young adventurer drew his short sword and miraculously managed to deflect the projectiles that came his way, even though it was mostly by sheer accident.

Even so, before the feat might have looked too impressive, Kazuma had lost his balance and fell on his ass with a sharp grunt. Looking incredulously at the short sword in his hand, he took a breath.

"I can't believe... Chunchunmaru saved me!!"

"I still refuse to call it that though!" He said, mostly to Megumin, whom he shot a glare at right after. From there, he quickly regained his bearings and stood up again, gritting his teeth at the grave situation... though the mood wasn't to last.

image.png

"Girlfriend?! Get real! I couldn't see this drunkard of a goddess as a heroine even if I tried, and I really did, but she has as much sex appeal as an avocado!" Kazuma mildly ranted to Clarisse when she put forward the notion of Aqua being his "girlfriend," as though it was absolutely necessary to clarify.

When the strange woman went on to cast her explosions at the crowd, prompting a reaction from Megumin (not to Kazuma's surprise), the young man clicked his teeth. "Jeez, coulda fooled me! I swear, it's like every explosion freak ever is crazy in the head!"

@Kaykay @Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crowd
Arslan kept chase, only glancing back to see that Kazuma was alright in the end.

As Ritcher attempted to trip up the suspect, Arslan attempted to make sure they wouldn't try to hurt anyone else with their crossbow, by hopefully tackling them and pinning them to the ground.

@Minerva @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Crowd

The two daggers would embed themselves into a wooden column behind Aqua who proceeded to duck and run.

The guards would quickly tackle the now restrained and unconscious rioters. The one with the crossbow would struggle for a small bit, trying to grab at the whip, trying to untangle them self. However, Arslan's arrival would prevent the person from escaping. They stopped struggling and decided to submit, now weaponless.

A moment later, a very large man would walk on the scene, with several guards wearing armor with a different crest than the soldiers with Sabine.

latest

latest

"What exactly is going on here, Sabine?" He demanded. "I heard explosions and thought Valindra had made it into the Enclave."

@Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Ver

She shrugged. "I have no idea. It's just what people have always called it. It connects all of the planes, acts as a central hub. Either way, I sent out that invite because I hoped to get prospective adventurers here for a discussion about how something weird's been going on lately, something... Extraplanar." She looked around the room. "OH! Forgive my absentmindedness! Would you all like some food or drink?"

@Lucky @Yun Lee

The two daggers would embed themselves into a wooden column behind Aqua who proceeded to duck and run.

The guards would quickly tackle the now restrained and unconscious rioters. The one with the crossbow would struggle for a small bit, trying to grab at the whip, trying to untangle them self. However, Arslan's arrival would prevent the person from escaping. They stopped struggling and decided to submit, now weaponless.

A moment later, a very large man would walk on the scene, with several guards wearing armor with a different crest than the soldiers with Sabine.

latest

latest

"What exactly is going on here, Sabine?" He demanded. "I heard explosions and thought Valindra had made it into the Enclave."

@Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Ver

57vgcUI.png

"Uuuhhh..." Clarisse ponders, looking at the surrendering assailants and the newly-arrived Knox, "did we save the day?"

@Minerva @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Ver

@Lucky @Yun Lee

latest

latest

"Why would you endanger injured soldiers like that?" Arslan asked the attacker while sheating his blade. He was glad to have helped subdue the person before anyone else got hurt. Keeping the person pinned under him, the prince turned his head to see who had arrived and...this man looked like a warrior Daryun would love to spar with, in all honesty.

"There was a small riot." Arslan answered Knox from where he was, hoping he wasn't being rude in doing so, since the man was mostly talking to Sabine.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Crowd

@Lucky @Yun Lee

latest

latest

Lucina had just arrived when the fight had ended, and now a large armored man was present, scolding his associate. The Future Witness chose to stay wary of her surroundings and watch, hand still on her Falchion hilt.

Some odd characters could be seen amongst the crowd, a young knight, a man in blue with a whip, and a girl in a red dress. They didn't look like they belonged here either. Were they brought here by the same force that sent her? Lucina had many questions, but jus tknowing where she was didn't even begin to answer the mountian of other questions.

Something was going on.

She just had to figure it out. For now, she would observe the next few interactions and surmise her own course of action. Lucina would reach into her belt, puling her black butterfly mask from within and placing it in front of her face, concealing her view. She would have to use her old Marth trick again, until she was sure she could trust these strange new people. Lucina completed her disguise by tucking her hair away, making it look like she had short hair, much like her old hero king himself.

01b386400da7a0876f560ed816acd41d.jpg

@Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Ver

57vgcUI.png

"Uuuhhh..." Clarisse ponders, looking at the surrendering assailants and the newly-arrived Knox, "did we save the day?"

@Minerva @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Ver
"Something like that. I'm not too convinced," Richter muttered with a more inquisitive tone in his voice, as he looked past Clarisse at the newly-arrived soldiers and Sergeant Knox. A sharp tug of its handle would uncoil the whip from around the detained rioter's leg, as Richter expertly recoiled the holy weapon and sheathed it back upon his belt.

The Belmont clan was never concerned with politics and the affairs between mortal men. When faced with the horrors of the night, the feuds between men start to look more like petty squabbles between children in comparison. The rioters did much to display the current state of affairs within this increasingly - and eerily - familiar kingdom. Not precisely squeaky clean, but then again, what is?

Richter shook his head and turned his back to the soldiers, regrouping with anyone else caught up in the brief scuffle.

"You know, I'm normally not too fond of sorcery and... well, anything to do with magic, but I won't deny skill when I see it," Richter grinned to the resident spellcasters whom seemingly did the most with their magic to detain the rioters without... blowing them up. "I hope everyone is alright?"

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies @Crowd​

Every year, when the cold wind of winter blew down south from the Freljord, Poppy's whimsy and drive for adventure was renewed, for it meant her journey across Demacia would begin again in the hinterlands of Uwendale. On her search for the fated Hero of Demacia, who would bravely lead their proud nation out of its darkest times and into the future, the quaint farming hamlet nestled away in the Demacian-Freljordian mountain ranges was always an eventful first stop.

This year was no different.

Nevertheless, Poppy moved ever forward, soon finding herself treading sacred ground. The petrified forests which littered Demacia were a natural phenomenon to behold. The enormous ivory trees not only lent the nation its heraldic colours, but also proved especially resistant to magic, and its value was nary lost on Poppy. She revered these hardy groves, not just as a Demacian, but as a yordle, too. Although she was decidedly out-of-touch with the mystical world for a yordle, Poppy was inexplicably drawn to the ivory towers which composed Demacia's forests, and were crafted into Demacia's villages and cities. The enchanted trees gave their all in the defense of Demacia - protecting its innocent with towering barriers, descending on invaders upon wings of righteousness, and shackling its most dangerous of criminals. All of this, without asking for so much as a thank you in return.

Perhaps in this sense, she found a kindred spirit.

snap crack snap crack snap crack snap

Poppy's sharp ears jumped up on alert, hearing something pass her by through the fallen leaves and twigs scattered across the forest floor. Following by her ears' example, Poppy hopped to her feet from her spot lounging in the sun, and lifted her greathammer onto her shoulder to follow the sound. Peering through the foliage, she spotted a familiar figure.

View attachment 3575

"That mage again..." Poppy murmured. She loosened the grip she held her hammer with, and the leather its hilt was fashioned from thanked her. Curiously she followed, but cautiously did she do so from a distance, until he came to a stop within a hollowed out trunk. "Alright Poppy, you can do this..." she told herself, anxiously hugging the tree she was hidden behind, "You're gonna walk right up to him and you're not gonna let him poof away again," she finished her self pep-talk with a deep breath, then wheeled around out of cover, hammer confidently slung over her shoulder. But just as she did, the mystery mage disappeared in a violet flash. "Oh, darnit!" Poppy cursed, throwing her hammer down against the ground in frustration with a resounding crash!

Lazily dragging it behind her with a bad-tempered frown across her face, Poppy entered the hollow trunk regardless, taking a look around. Standing surrounded by the very thing she felt connected to, the orderly yordle was awash with fretful thoughts. Noticing something carved into the centre, Poppy set her hammer down and came to kneel where the mystery mage had previously.

View attachment 3576

Poppy stared deep into the intricate piece of art, then to the crumbling archway before which it laid.
"Wait a minute..." she murmured, searching the depths of her memory, but in the blink of an eye she was just gone.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Poppy shouted in shock upon jumping settings the first time, then grew wary the second time around, sizing up her new surroundings with her eyes wide open and her greathammer in hand. Even still, her Demacian instincts remained sharp, and the sound of nearby wrongdoing did not escape her. On the lookout, Poppy approached the gathered crowd, and lo and behold, there stood one glowing purple man amongst a handful of lightly armed hooligans bound by magic. Struggling to slip through the crowd ahead of the arriving band of soldiers, Poppy marched right up beside the mystery mage.
"Hey!" she barked at him.

Well I walked right up to him and he's not poofing this time, now what?

Did I pick a bad time for this?

Oh screw it.

"...u-uh," she stuttered, "where are we?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Kaykay @dark @Gummi Bunnies

@Crowd

image.png

"Aaaah, well, I don't mean to humble-brag, but if there's ever a need, I can do much more than that!" Kazuma exclaimed pridefully to Richter, for once feeling inclined to feel confident in himself. Maybe these were the ideal party members he was looking for all along! Of course, it was a bit crowded for his liking, but hey, beggars couldn't be choosers.

Besides.

It's not like anyone could possibly be worse than who he already had on him anyway, right?

"But maybe it can't be helped, they call me one of the greatest adventurers ever back where I come from!"

No one called him that.

"Anyway, I suppose it's a miracle that no innocents seemed to be harmed. Especially if we have two explosion freaks right here now," Kazuma said, glancing uneasily at Clarisse, and then giving a harder glare at Megumin, "Though, I'm still a bit lost, everything's happening so fast. I don't suppose anyone's familiar with... whatever those people were on about?" He asked, letting Sabine and Knox have their exchange.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Archmage Jeremiah @Crowd

"Don't worry about it," Ryze interrupted, pointing at Clarisse, "The explosions came from that naive girl over there. She only meant it for the rioters, but who knows how much damage it caused to property."

At least it's not my problem.

"Did we save the day? If all I had to do was round up a bunch of criminals and call it a day, I'd be retired already," he exclaimed. Indeed, such a mundane task paled in comparison to stopping the entire world's annihilation. No day was ever truly saved for as long as that remained a possibility.

"If I had to guess, those guys were part of a larger organization. I don't really care much for politics, but if you're going to cast magic, at least be aware of its power. I've met too many irresponsible magic users, some of whom have destroyed entire nations due to their carelessness."

"You know, I'm normally not too fond of sorcery and... well, anything to do with magic, but I won't deny skill when I see it," Richter grinned to the resident spellcasters whom seemingly did the most with their magic to detain the rioters without... blowing them up. "I hope everyone is alright?"

Ryze raised an eyebrow upon learning of Richter's aversion to magic. The man was beginning to seem a lot like a Demacian, especially due to that heroic spirit he had. "I appreciate the compliment, but there is one thing you should know about sorcery. If your world is similar to mine, then you need to understand that magic is an inherent foundation of the world. I understand why you don't like magic, it is certainly a power that dooms us-- but it can also save us. It all depends on who wields it. People will eventually use magic for chaotic purposes, and when that happens, how will you defend against it?"

Poppy shouted in shock upon jumping settings the first time, then grew wary the second time around, sizing up her new surroundings with her eyes wide open and her greathammer in hand. Even still, her Demacian instincts remained sharp, and the sound of nearby wrongdoing did not escape her. On the lookout, Poppy approached the gathered crowd, and lo and behold, there stood one glowing purple man amongst a handful of lightly armed hooligans bound by magic. Struggling to slip through the crowd ahead of the arriving band of soldiers, Poppy marched right up beside the mystery mage. "Hey!" she barked at him.

Well I walked right up to him and he's not poofing this time, now what?

Did I pick a bad time for this?

Oh screw it.

"...u-uh," she stuttered, "where are we?"

"Hm?" Ryze turned around. Did I hear something? He narrowed his eyes and looked around for a bit until his mind sensed the magical aura emanating from Poppy's hammer. He turned his head and looked down, astonished at the figure before him. "A yordle?!" he exclaimed, "The last time I saw one of your kind was... I can't even remember." A torrent of questions raced through is mind, but he had to answer her question first.

"Well, we're in Neverwinter, some city located beyond Runeterra. Right now, it appears that someone with a vast quantity of power was able to reach into several worlds and take people from them." He motioned to the people who didn't quite look Runeterran. "As you can see, we're not the only victims." He gazed off into space and stroked his beard, deep in thought. "This kind of power is cataclysmic to say the least, especially if it was able to pull you from Bandle City, of all places." His gaze went back to Poppy as he began realizing how unusual she was. "Wait a second-- do yordles usually wear armor like that? And carry large hammers? How are you even able to carry that thing?" Ryze stared at the weapon in wonder. Something about it screamed power, but not the kind of power a World Rune would scream. This power was somehow more pure than the others, as if the blacksmith had infused the very weapon with perseverance and righteousness. "Better yet, where did you come across it?"

Last edited:

@Lucky @Yun Lee

latest

latest

The talk about adventurers had Scorpia scratching her head. She wasn't an adventurer or anything like that. Before she could think about it more though offer of food was provided. "Would I?! Please I'm starving."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back