Side Story RAD!

"I was doing a routine check up with my brother," Steelheart told Buddy. "Then my body felt heavy, and now I am here. On Earth." She didn't like any of this but at this point she didn't have much choice.

"Oof! Of course I feel it cause my head tells me it's real, Weirdo..." Sam said as he pushed Scrappy off him again. "And the mystery is that-" Then Pippi butted in again. "Look, kid. There's no stupid monkey so can you just drop it, alright? Geez..." Then he spotted Jem. "Oh wow..." He walked up to her and gave her a look over. "And my head missed the mark again! Everyone knows the Misfits songs are way better." He looked over to Buddy and the others realizing his flub. "Uh I mean, I don't watch Jem and the Holograms! That's a girl show after all..."

"You said something about a mystery," Steelheart tried to get the conversation back on track.

Sam seemed to mouth out a thank you to Steelheart as he made his way towards the cluttered board. "Right the reason I've probably gone crazy and manifested all of you is because of this!" He pointed at the board. "People have gone missing all over town and no one seems to care. Like I'm the only one who cares! And I kind of like don't care but I have to care since no one else cares, ya know? Everyone says they're on Summer vacation but there's just so many people and they can't all be out on vacation just because it's Summer."

Satoko meanwhile didn't find anything that stood out when she exited the shack, well, other than the giant talking robot named Grimlock, she also noticed Sam's bike and the dirt path he had taken to get here. but other than that. It seemed like a regular American forest with chirping birds and probably an assortment of cuddly critters.

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

@Jeremi @Capri @Space_Candy

Ireena stepped forward and looked over the board. "Back in Barovia, people went missing all the time, though it was easy to tell what happened to them..." She said that last part quietly. She put her hand on her sword and looked closer at some of the pictures. "I'll help to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else." She gave a nod. "I know what it's like to live in fear, and I would like to keep this place from suffering the same fate as Barovia."​

"I was doing a routine check up with my brother," Steelheart told Buddy. "Then my body felt heavy, and now I am here. On Earth." She didn't like any of this but at this point she didn't have much choice.

"Oof! Of course I feel it cause my head tells me it's real, Weirdo..." Sam said as he pushed Scrappy off him again. "And the mystery is that-" Then Pippi butted in again. "Look, kid. There's no stupid monkey so can you just drop it, alright? Geez..." Then he spotted Jem. "Oh wow..." He walked up to her and gave her a look over. "And my head missed the mark again! Everyone knows the Misfits songs are way better." He looked over to Buddy and the others realizing his flub. "Uh I mean, I don't watch Jem and the Holograms! That's a girl show after all..."

"You said something about a mystery," Steelheart tried to get the conversation back on track.

Sam seemed to mouth out a thank you to Steelheart as he made his way towards the cluttered board. "Right the reason I've probably gone crazy and manifested all of you is because of this!" He pointed at the board. "People have gone missing all over town and no one seems to care. Like I'm the only one who cares! And I kind of like don't care but I have to care since no one else cares, ya know? Everyone says they're on Summer vacation but there's just so many people and they can't all be out on vacation just because it's Summer."

Satoko meanwhile didn't find anything that stood out when she exited the shack, well, other than the giant talking robot named Grimlock, she also noticed Sam's bike and the dirt path he had taken to get here. but other than that. It seemed like a regular American forest with chirping birds and probably an assortment of cuddly critters.

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Missing people, huh? Link had some experience with it, in a sense. What with the Seven Sages and all. Hopefully, this wouldn't be as dangerous as that adventure, which he hopes he can get back to once helping Sam.

"Are their disappearances very sudden, or have a pattern to them?" Link asked, taking a closer look at the board to see just how many people were missing and if he could make sense of any of Sam's writings, while also ignoring Sam's comment about being manifested for the sake of his sanity. He needed to keep his cool and stay focused else he wouldn't be of help to anyone, let alone Hyrule and Lorule.

@Jeremi @Ver @Capri @Minerva @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Jackythejack @Everyone

Sam looked rather sheepishly to the ground when Jem addressed him again. "...yeah you're pretty good too..." Though the moment passed as his conjured up friends started to question him. "Yeah, uh but see!" He pointed to a part of the board with some crude drawings of assorted people. "It's too random! Like the entire Jacobs family is gone! Steve's a few classes above me and a major butt..." Again his mind seemed to drift for a moment before he continued. "But they vanished before school was out! Like three weeks now!"

Sam's finger went to another drawing. "And old granny Smith just vanished! No family no nothing! Just one day she was gone from her porch! I've started with my parents and they didn't believe me. Then I went to the cops and they just ignore me. I even went to the local paper and they slammed the door on me! Acting like nothing's wrong, but there's something wrong! There was another kid from my school who's vanished too and his parents are acting like nothing's wrong." He slammed his foot to the floor hard enough to cause some dirt to fall off the ceiling. "There's no pattern, there's no people! They just are gone one day and I seem to be the only one who cares!"

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

“I really don’t want to investigate missing persons,” Sophie said, her discomfort very clear on her face, through her words, and her actions. She seemed to be rocking on her own feet, her hands behind her back, and a thin layer of sweat started to bead on her forehead.

“I’m not some investigator, or a dumb superhero, or anyone even remotely important. I’m… me… I’m Sophie. I… I shouldn’t even be here,”

In spite of what she said, to the more observant eye there was something personal which prevented her from moving on with the investigation.

She very quickly tried to abscond from the situation, hastily exiting the cabin.​

Sam looked rather sheepishly to the ground when Jem addressed him again. "...yeah you're pretty good too..." Though the moment passed as his conjured up friends started to question him. "Yeah, uh but see!" He pointed to a part of the board with some crude drawings of assorted people. "It's too random! Like the entire Jacobs family is gone! Steve's a few classes above me and a major butt..." Again his mind seemed to drift for a moment before he continued. "But they vanished before school was out! Like three weeks now!"

Sam's finger went to another drawing. "And old granny Smith just vanished! No family no nothing! Just one day she was gone from her porch! I've started with my parents and they didn't believe me. Then I went to the cops and they just ignore me. I even went to the local paper and they slammed the door on me! Acting like nothing's wrong, but there's something wrong! There was another kid from my school who's vanished too and his parents are acting like nothing's wrong." He slammed his foot to the floor hard enough to cause some dirt to fall off the ceiling. "There's no pattern, there's no people! They just are gone one day and I seem to be the only one who cares!"

"Okay." Link replied, holding up a placating hand to try and get Sam to calm some. He bit his cheek again, even if they investigated where would they even start? His gaze flickered to the ceiling as dust fell a moment, before landing back on Sam.

He cheek stung by the time he stopped biting it to ask Sam something else, "you said one kid's parents are acting like nothing happened, right? Did you ask them where their kid went, to see what they'd say?" He was quieter when asking this, mostly cause he didn't want Sam to grow frustrated again and start ranting and raving. Even if, given what he said, it seemed justified.

The thought of missing children made him wary, especially after what happened to Gulley a while back with being turned into a painting, but he was going to get antsy if he stayed here too long, doing nothing even if he wasn't...brought here to help figure out where some missing people ended up.

Sophie was obviously uncomfortable, and even if his observational skills didn't click about it, taking a moment to study her quietly it seemed more personal, for one reason or another. She also had a point, about not being an investigator, Link himself was just a blacksmiths apprentice before everything went downhill. He sighed, shoulders slumping a little. He was tired.

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Sark @Crow @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @Minerva @Everyone

Sam looked rather sheepishly to the ground when Jem addressed him again. "...yeah you're pretty good too..." Though the moment passed as his conjured up friends started to question him
"Okay." Link replied, holding up a placating hand to try and get Sam to calm some. He bit his cheek again, even if they investigated where would they even start? His gaze flickered to the ceiling as dust fell a moment, before landing back on Sam.

He cheek stung by the time he stopped biting it to ask Sam something else, "you said one kid's parents are acting like nothing happened, right? Did you ask them where their kid went, to see what they'd say?" He was quieter when asking this, mostly cause he didn't want Sam to grow frustrated again and start ranting and raving. Even if, given what he said, it seemed justified.

The thought of missing children made him wary, especially after what happened to Gulley a while back with being turned into a painting, but he was going to get antsy if he stayed here too long, doing nothing even if he wasn't...brought here to help figure out where some missing people ended up.

Sophie was obviously uncomfortable, and even if his observational skills didn't click about it, taking a moment to study her quietly it seemed more personal, for one reason or another. She also had a point, about not being an investigator, Link himself was just a blacksmiths apprentice before everything went downhill. He sighed, shoulders slumping a little. He was tired.

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Sark @Crow @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @Minerva @Everyone

"Yeah, uh but see!" He pointed to a part of the board with some crude drawings of assorted people. "It's too random! Like the entire Jacobs family is gone! Steve's a few classes above me and a major butt..." Again his mind seemed to drift for a moment before he continued. "But they vanished before school was out! Like three weeks now!"

In Barovia, it wasn't uncommon for people to fall in with the Vistani or unwillingly become an agent of Strahd before disappearing. People would act strange upon being bitten, or be enchanted by the Vistani's Tradition, and then they would never be seen again. She looked over the board again, looking at the crude drawings.

"Did anything strange happen in the weeks leading up to their disappearances? People acting different or strange newcomers arriving in town?" She asked Sam, hand still on her sword. "Perhaps strange sounds or lights coming from the forest?"​

Last edited:
"You definitely shouldn't," Sam nodded at Sophie. "Like if you're just a girl. I don't know why my brain thought you up. No offense, I guess? Should've been someone like...Rorschach. He would've figured this out fast."

Then Link spoke up. "They just kind of shrugged it off, I guess? Like oh he's off to space camp. But I checked and there's no space camp starting nowhere close to us. It's just really weird, okay?"

To Ireena he just shrugged. "No that's, like, the weirdest thing! Nothing weird has been going on. No secret black trucks, no UFOs and no monsters. But I know that something fishy's going, I just know it!"

“Well, it sounds like you’ve got a problem,” Pippi said as she poked her head through a shack window, smiling at Sam and everyone in the room. “And it sounds like some detective work is the solution! Detective Longstocking is on the case!”

She noticed Sophie walk out of the cabin. Perhaps she could address that later. “We could go back to the scenes of the crime. Go and find clues, maybe even do a stakeout! Maybe the criminals would come back to the scene of the person-napping crime!”

Even though Pippi was offering…ideas, no matter how odd they were, it was hard to tell if she was taking this seriously.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Last edited:
Jem listened as the boy continued rambling, her mind drifting off to her current situation- where were her sister and the rest of her groupmates? Or Rio? She played with a piece of her hair idly, listening to others as they chimed in- but no one asked the question on her mind.

unknown.png

"Say, what do you think happened to them?" She questioned, unsure if he had mentioned his name to her yet.

"If you want to start searching we can get my Rockin' Roadster on the road and check it out!" She offered a smile to the group.

@Jeremi @Anyone

"You definitely shouldn't," Sam nodded at Sophie. "Like if you're just a girl. I don't know why my brain thought you up. No offense, I guess? Should've been someone like...Rorschach. He would've figured this out fast."

Then Link spoke up. "They just kind of shrugged it off, I guess? Like oh he's off to space camp. But I checked and there's no space camp starting nowhere close to us. It's just really weird, okay?"

To Ireena he just shrugged. "No that's, like, the weirdest thing! Nothing weird has been going on. No secret black trucks, no UFOs and no monsters. But I know that something fishy's going, I just know it!"

“Well, it sounds like you’ve got a problem,” Pippi said as she poked her head through a shack window, smiling at Sam and everyone in the room. “And it sounds like some detective work is the solution! Detective Longstocking is on the case!”

She noticed Sophie walk out of the cabin. Perhaps she could address that later. “We could go back to the scenes of the crime. Go and find clues, maybe even do a stakeout! Maybe the criminals would come back to the scene of the person-napping crime!”

Even though Pippi was offering…ideas, no matter how odd they were, it was hard to tell if she was taking this seriously.

@Jeremi @Everyone
Jem listened as the boy continued rambling, her mind drifting off to her current situation- where were her sister and the rest of her groupmates? Or Rio? She played with a piece of her hair idly, listening to others as they chimed in- but no one asked the question on her mind.

unknown.png

"Say, what do you think happened to them?" She questioned, unsure if he had mentioned his name to her yet.

"If you want to start searching we can get my Rockin' Roadster on the road and check it out!" She offered a smile to the group.

@Jeremi @Anyone

Ireena tapped her foot. "I see. Very strange indeed. I presume none of them received mysterious invitations either?" She asked raising an eyebrow, and taking another look at the list of people.

She turned to Jem. "Is that some form of carriage?" asking about the Roadster, "Can it even fit everyone?"​

"I see." Link replied, crossing his arms then. So that didn't really give them much to work with, in this instance, though he wondered...

If there was no open camps close by, then what about those farther away? He wasn't sure what a Space Camp really entailed, but it sounded like there were quite a few of them.

He took a moment to study the board and it's drawings again, tilting his head.

"...Why do you have a problem with them being girls?" He asked then, glancing to Sam briefly before looking back at the board. He guessed it was due to Sam being so young, but what did he know? He was a blacksmiths apprentice first and foremost.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Everyone

Sam rubbed the bridge of his nose as everyone started to talk and hand out solutions. He slumped down on the floor next to a stack of comics. It wasn't until Link spoke up that he'd look up. "I mean like...girls aren't as great? Isn't that what people always say? I-it's nothing personal or anything like. It's just the girls I know are all a bit vapid and clueless."

Steelheart cocked an eyebrow at the boys remarks but didn't say anything. "Then I suppose it's up to us to prove you wrong." She walked up to the chart to examine it. It was a literal mess of words and pictures that you couldn't really decipher. "I will admit that you have not brought up anything that really stands out." Steelheart turned around to face Sam. "But you're clearly distressed enough to think something's going on and I'm not going to dismiss your concerns."

"T-thanks," Sam sheepishly remarked looking down at the ground. "I just...don't really know what to do anymore. Like..." He looked up at the others. "Everything you've said sounds good, but I don't really know where to start, and if you guys are real, and I'm not saying you are, but if you are. If anyone in town sees you they're going to freak the fu- fudge out."

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy would look over at everything that the boy had. " Is there any place that is popular in town where a lot of people go to? That means a good place to start," he replied, pausing for a second to think about the other problem. " What if we say that we are like your friends who just came from a convention and our clothes got lost or something so we have to wear a costume?"

@Jeremi @Everyone

Sam rubbed the bridge of his nose as everyone started to talk and hand out solutions. He slumped down on the floor next to a stack of comics. It wasn't until Link spoke up that he'd look up. "I mean like...girls aren't as great? Isn't that what people always say? I-it's nothing personal or anything like. It's just the girls I know are all a bit vapid and clueless."

Steelheart cocked an eyebrow at the boys remarks but didn't say anything. "Then I suppose it's up to us to prove you wrong." She walked up to the chart to examine it. It was a literal mess of words and pictures that you couldn't really decipher. "I will admit that you have not brought up anything that really stands out." Steelheart turned around to face Sam. "But you're clearly distressed enough to think something's going on and I'm not going to dismiss your concerns."

"T-thanks," Sam sheepishly remarked looking down at the ground. "I just...don't really know what to do anymore. Like..." He looked up at the others. "Everything you've said sounds good, but I don't really know where to start, and if you guys are real, and I'm not saying you are, but if you are. If anyone in town sees you they're going to freak the fu- fudge out."

"I don't think people always say such a thing, but I'm sure some of the girls here aren't so bad." Link replied. The boy seemed to at least think Jem and the swordswoman were alright from the girls in their group, so at least there was that.

Link thought it was interesting that Sam didn't seem as sure as he was a moment before about them being apart of his imagination.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Jackythejack @Everyone

" What if we say that we are like your friends who just came from a convention and our clothes got lost or something so we have to wear a costume?"
“That’s a great idea!” Pippi said with a smile. “We could even dress up in actual costumes! I love playing dress up! …though, I don’t think it’s going to be so easy to hide a talking dog. Dogs usually don’t talk.”

She brought a hand up to her chin, thinking for a moment. “I did see this one talking dog when I was in New Guinea with my father, but that was a special case.”
@everyone @Lucky @Jeremi

View attachment 10247

"Oh, hell... Ellen'd probably have my guts for garters if I'm gone for too long, but on the other hand, she'd probably do even worse if she knew I turned away someone in need," Buddy sighed as Sam laid out the situation to all of them; that strange disappearances had been happening across the city, and the even stranger non-reactions that the others in town seemed to have. He pursed his lips slightly as the conversation seemed to slightly veer in an inane direction about femininity, but as they went back on track, the (self-described) gallant hero cleared his throat.

"Well, I guess we do stick out as we are, and if there is someone dangerous in town, we may as well make some effort to blend in," he sighed, though he wasn't excited at the idea of removing his goggles. Otherwise, should be fine as long as he zipped up his jacket, right?

"In any case, you've got us to depend on, you can believe that, kid. Well, me, at least. We'll get to the bottom of this. Just... Don't insinuate I'm not real again. I seriously can't handle that right now," Buddy continued, subconsciously unsure of why he specifically said that. "Anyway, you gotta have some idea of where we can start looking, right? Though... If there really isn't much of a pattern that we can discern like you say, I guess that'll definitely make things hard..."

@Jeremi @Capri @Minerva @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

"Yeah and they won't freak because of a talking dog," Sam snarked to Scrappy. "Oh shoot!" Sam quickly jumped up to his feet and looked out the window. "What time is it? I need to be back before sun sets or mom and dad are going to freak!" He quickly looked to the others. "Look I need to go, but I...don't know if I can drag you along yet. If you're real, but..." Then another thing popped into his head. "You guys got to eat and poop too...man what a mess. This never happens in the comics...Okay...okay. If you want to come along. Come along and we'll figure something out. Or stay here and I'll come back first thing in the morning and we'll figure it out then. What do you guys think?"

View attachment 10263

"Well..."

Buddy sighed as it seemed Sam had other matters to attend to. Under normal circumstances, the man wouldn't have seen the problem with just rolling up to his parents' house to clear up the situation, and perhaps even inquire about the alleged disappearances going around. But bearing in mind that he was in a different world, a world where his own costume would probably have drawn a bit of attention -- to say nothing of how everyone else looked, honestly -- to say the least, he had to be more mindful about these sorts of matters.

He put a hand to his chin in thought as he took a moment to mull over, before taking another breath.

"I'd hate to intrude on your folks like that. Especially considering the party we've got up in here," he shrugged, gesturing toward the rest of the group. "Honestly, I couldn't imagine anything good coming out of imposing ourselves on you. I think we'll be fine. 'Sides, you know how it goes. Animal Man doesn't eat meat," he said flatly.

"I'd even suggest we could do some independent investigation on our own while you're out though... I guess some of us would have to go a bit more incognito before that can happen."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Minerva @Capri @Jackythejack @Everybody

Last edited:
"Yeah and they won't freak because of a talking dog," Sam snarked to Scrappy. "Oh shoot!" Sam quickly jumped up to his feet and looked out the window. "What time is it? I need to be back before sun sets or mom and dad are going to freak!" He quickly looked to the others. "Look I need to go, but I...don't know if I can drag you along yet. If you're real, but..." Then another thing popped into his head. "You guys got to eat and poop too...man what a mess. This never happens in the comics...Okay...okay. If you want to come along. Come along and we'll figure something out. Or stay here and I'll come back first thing in the morning and we'll figure it out then. What do you guys think?"

View attachment 10263

"Well..."

Buddy sighed as it seemed Sam had other matters to attend to. Under normal circumstances, the man wouldn't have seen the problem with just rolling up to his parents' house to clear up the situation, and perhaps even inquire about the alleged disappearances going around. But bearing in mind that he was in a different world, a world where his own costume would probably have drawn a bit of attention -- to say nothing of how everyone else looked, honestly -- to say the least, he had to be more mindful about these sorts of matters.

He put a hand to his chin in thought as he took a moment to mull over, before taking another breath.

"I'd hate to intrude on your folks like that. Especially considering the party we've got up in here," he shrugged, gesturing toward the rest of the group. "Honestly, I couldn't imagine anything good coming out of imposing ourselves on you. I think we'll be fine. 'Sides, you know how it goes. Animal Man doesn't eat meat," he said flatly.

"I'd even suggest we could do some independent investigation on our own while you're out though... I guess some of us would have to do a bit more incognito before that can happen."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Minerva @Capri @Jackythejack @Everybody
Ireena looked around the small shack. It was cozy enough. She then looked at her armor and sword, her face taking on a slight frown. "I can stay in here. This is nicer than several places I've stayed while running from Strahd." She said, looking at the floor. "Plus, I doubt I would fit in very well in the town."

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Capri @Jackythejack

View attachment 10263

"Well..."

"I'd even suggest we could do some independent investigation on our own while you're out though... I guess some of us would have to go a bit more incognito before that can happen."

Ireena looked around the small shack. It was cozy enough. She then looked at her armor and sword, her face taking on a slight frown. "I can stay in here. This is nicer than several places I've stayed while running from Strahd." She said, looking at the floor. "Plus, I doubt I would fit in very well in the town."

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Capri @Jackythejack

"I'll stay here too." Link answered. He had a feeling he also wouldn't quite fit in very well, plus he didn't want to stress the boy out in case his parents freaked out over their appearance.

Maybe the group could come up with some sort of plan? It was hopeful thinking, but what else could they do?

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Lucky @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Everyone

Back