Status
Not open for further replies.
Lydia Martin

Lydia offered an awkward glance and was unnerved by this stranger. She wasn't sure why, but she didn't trust him at all. She however knew that she didn't have a choice and went to examine the notice that was on the building, uncertain if it was something to worry about.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

"W-Well...okay, I don't know him personally. But I know he used to be in the Upper City 'til things went down. Bad things." He sighed in irritation, running a hand through his hair. "Crap, look, we need to get somewhere where we can talk. Never know who's listenin'. C'mon, I'll take you all to my place." He started off out of the alley, expecting them to follow him.

"..." Urbosa regarded him a moment, as if contemplating something, but nodded her head in his direction. "Let's go. I think we may have run into who I was looking for."

@dark @Raynar Saassin @Siege @OuterCity

---

"Don't worry, we can help each other out. I can feel it." Lindel's question earned a chuckle. "Well right now, it's just me here. My buddies are elsewhere, meeting with your other guys."

"Y-You have us surrounded on both sides?"

"Well, yeah! Jeez, we're not stupid. And as for what we need, well...you'll see."

The Upper City was relatively peaceful, compared to the chaos and bustle all around the rest of Charon. The little group received an occasional funny look, but the presence of Doctor Xing seemed to put them at ease. The only thing really off in the area was a large amount of notices hung all over the walls of buildings.

"Go take a look," Xing said. "It'll make sense."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi @UpperCity​

Again this was something that Pang Tong was too happy about. He was a strategist, he was supposed to be the one that used his skills to trick others, and now they were here, at the mercy of someone who wasn't even going to show his face. "I got to say, not much with anything makes a whole lot of sense here." He scoffed. "Except people, people seem to always be the same." Even so Pang Tong went over to inspect one of the fliers. "Guess I'll prepare to be amazed..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @UpperCity

Within about ten minutes, the group arrived in a small building complex, which was clearly nothing fancy. Rundown, with poor lighting, and children running through the halls, it represented everything the Outer City was stigmatized for.

31670526-hallway-in-an-abandoned-hospital-in-the-evening-sun.jpg

In any other part of Charon, this would easily violate city standards, but here it seemed to be the norm. The two men maneuvered past children making mudpies on the ground and led everyone into a small corner apartment, which, to your surprise, was very clean.

Small-Apartment-e1467131647407.jpg

"Take a seat. We got a couch, some chairs, uh...the bed..."

Urbosa chose to stand. "Quite a furnished place you've got here."

"Thanks to yours truly,"
Archer said, plopping down on the couch. "You can make good money bounty hunting around here...and raiding their hideouts after."

"Yeah, but it don't make you popular. But we ain't plannin' on a permanent stay, see, so it don't matter. Oh yeah, almost forgot to introduce myself. The name's Brady."

"Nice to meet you, Brady...but can you tell us what you know? I'd like to check on our group in the Upper City." Clearly she was worried about Geneva.

"Trust me, they're in good hands. We got a buddy up there with 'em. In the meantime, make yourselves comfy. We don't get to take breaks, much."

@Siege @Raynar Saassin @dark @OuterCity

---

The flier was for a missing girl in the Upper City, a pretty young twenty-something who had vanished in the last two weeks. And no, she was not Geneva. If Pang Tong were to look around at the other fliers, he would see they were all for missing people, ranging from adolescents to young adults, none of them familiar.

"You see? This all started last month. All these kids started going missing. The rich guys all have detectives on the case, but no one seems to find anything. That's where you guys come in! You're looking for her memories, I'm looking for these missing guys."

"But...how can you help with finding my family?" Geneva was dubious.

In response, Xing walked to the wall and ripped one flier off, shoving it into Geneva's face. "Check this out!"

"...what am I looking at-oh!" The flier had the picture of a young man on it. One with red hair, freckles, and green eyes...just like Geneva. And his name was...

"...Arturo Vivaldi! See? I know what I'm doing! We can help you guys out! All you gotta do is help us. Now, follow me. I have some people you're gonna wanna meet."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @UpperCity​

Within about ten minutes, the group arrived in a small building complex, which was clearly nothing fancy. Rundown, with poor lighting, and children running through the halls, it represented everything the Outer City was stigmatized for.

In any other part of Charon, this would easily violate city standards, but here it seemed to be the norm. The two men maneuvered past children making mudpies on the ground and led everyone into a small corner apartment, which, to your surprise, was very clean.

"Thanks to yours truly,"
Archer said, plopping down on the couch. "You can make good money bounty hunting around here...and raiding their hideouts after."

"Yeah, but it don't make you popular. But we ain't plannin' on a permanent stay, see, so it don't matter. Oh yeah, almost forgot to introduce myself. The name's Brady."

"Nice to meet you, Brady...but can you tell us what you know? I'd like to check on our group in the Upper City." Clearly she was worried about Geneva.

"Trust me, they're in good hands. We got a buddy up there with 'em. In the meantime, make yourselves comfy. We don't get to take breaks, much."

---

The flier was for a missing girl in the Upper City, a pretty young twenty-something who had vanished in the last two weeks. And no, she was not Geneva. If Pang Tong were to look around at the other fliers, he would see they were all for missing people, ranging from adolescents to young adults, none of them familiar.

"You see? This all started last month. All these kids started going missing. The rich guys all have detectives on the case, but no one seems to find anything. That's where you guys come in! You're looking for her memories, I'm looking for these missing guys."

"But...how can you help with finding my family?" Geneva was dubious.

In response, Xing walked to the wall and ripped one flier off, shoving it into Geneva's face. "Check this out!"

"...what am I looking at-oh!" The flier had the picture of a young man on it. One with red hair, freckles, and green eyes...just like Geneva. And his name was...

"...Arturo Vivaldi! See? I know what I'm doing! We can help you guys out! All you gotta do is help us. Now, follow me. I have some people you're gonna wanna meet."

"Detectives wont do any good if their masters are up to some shady business."
Pang Tong said as he turned to face the group again. "If we're going to save some kids I guess we could do that. Though I have to ask," He mumbled his words for a moment. "You guys sure they're still in the Upper City...or alive even?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @UpperCity

"Thanks to yours truly,"

"This is quite furnished and tidy, compared to the other things I've seen in this city..." Ryu noted. "By the way, how did you get ambushed back there?" Ryu was directing this question to Archer.

@Yun Lee @dark @Raynar Saassin @Outer City

"Eh? Nah, they're not in the Upper City. The place was on lockdown for three days after five kids vanished and they couldn't find anyone. They reopen the city, and boom! Seven more disappear without a trace. As for them being alive...no one knows that. For all we know, they could all be dead by now. The point is to find out what happened to them, since that's where the reward money comes in. We find those kids, we get a bounty for each one!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @UpperCity

---

"Oh yeah, only the best for us. And uh...well, see that TV there? Let's just say it wasn't bought with bounty money."

"It wasn't bought at all." Brady side-eyed Archer, taking on a stern tone.

Archer merely shrugged. "Hey, they stole it first. Consider it in our care until its real owner shows up."

@Siege @Raynar Saassin @dark @OuterCity​

"Oh yeah, only the best for us. And uh...well, see that TV there? Let's just say it wasn't bought with bounty money."

Archer merely shrugged. "Hey, they stole it first. Consider it in our care until its real owner shows up."

"So you're saying you borrowed it? Or just found it in the streets and took it in?" Ryu asked.

@Yun Lee @dark @Raynar Saassin @OuterCity

"Thanks to yours truly,"

cog_marcusfenix_255x144-51b5c9c2b2ee4dce8879c9c6a98b0a9f.jpg

"Nice place you got here." Marcus exclaimed, taking a look around and then taking a seat, placing his Lancer by the side of his chair leaning against it. "Bounty Hunting, huh? Bet that's fun. Probably better than the situation I got myself in with those Coalition types." He then looked over to Urbosa. "So what's the next step?"

"Something seems fishy with you guys. Is almost everything here "Borrowed"?" Marcus asked in a suspicious tone and mimic'd quotation marks with his fingers.

@Yun Lee @dark @Siege @OuterCity​

Noting the distrust, Archer sighed. "Okay, look. I bought about ninety percent of this stuff. The more high-end tech things I took from thugs. Think of it as me stealing from the rich and giving to the poor." He jabbed a thumb towards Brady. "He's the poor."

"Can we move on now? Jeez. Besides, we coulda used that money for gettin' outta here."

Again, Archer merely shruuged. "We can have an auction once we get the money from this mission."

"Mission?"

"Yeah. Mission. So, recently kids have been goin' missin' from the Outer City. Well, both Upper and Outer, but no one cares about the Outer City kids. No one but us."

"No one but you."

Brady scoffed. "Put on a tough act all ya want, but we both know I ain't wrong."

"......."

"Anywhos, kids are gone and no one cares, save for us and a few others. The other guys got bounties out for the fella responsible, but we don't got any way to track him down."

Urbosa tilted her head. "And where does Vivaldi factor into this?"

Archer looked to Ryu. "Remember when you found me in the alley? Those guys mentioned a place called the Emerald City. We did some snooping, and that's the name of a small town called Bel. It was settled a few years back by some Upper City folks, founded by your target himself: Luca Vivaldi."

"Seems to be more than a simple coincidence," Urbosa said. "But the only Vivaldis on record are those in the Upper City-there was nothing about Luca, or even Bel."

"Yeah, because Luca was disowned from the family." Brady went to a small file cabinet on the desk and flipped through it. Finding what he was looking for, he dropped it on the table. "Here. That article'll tell ya everything we found on the guy."

"Eh? Nah, they're not in the Upper City. The place was on lockdown for three days after five kids vanished and they couldn't find anyone. They reopen the city, and boom! Seven more disappear without a trace. As for them being alive...no one knows that. For all we know, they could all be dead by now. The point is to find out what happened to them, since that's where the reward money comes in. We find those kids, we get a bounty for each one!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @UpperCity

---

"Could be just smoke and mirrors,"
Pang Tong replied to the man. "My bet's to go talk to the people running the law in this place. Does guys would know how to smuggle people in and out with out anyone batting an eye. Or someone with enough currency."

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @UpperCity

Noting the distrust, Archer sighed. "Okay, look. I bought about ninety percent of this stuff. The more high-end tech things I took from thugs. Think of it as me stealing from the rich and giving to the poor." He jabbed a thumb towards Brady. "He's the poor."

"Can we move on now? Jeez. Besides, we coulda used that money for gettin' outta here."

Again, Archer merely shruuged. "We can have an auction once we get the money from this mission."

"Mission?"

"Yeah. Mission. So, recently kids have been goin' missin' from the Outer City. Well, both Upper and Outer, but no one cares about the Outer City kids. No one but us."

"No one but you."

Brady scoffed. "Put on a tough act all ya want, but we both know I ain't wrong."

"......."

"Anywhos, kids are gone and no one cares, save for us and a few others. The other guys got bounties out for the fella responsible, but we don't got any way to track him down."

Archer looked to Ryu. "Remember when you found me in the alley? Those guys mentioned a place called the Emerald City. We did some snooping, and that's the name of a small town called Bel. It was settled a few years back by some Upper City folks, founded by your target himself: Luca Vivaldi."

"Seems to be more than a simple coincidence," Urbosa said. "But the only Vivaldis on record are those in the Upper City-there was nothing about Luca, or even Bel."

"Yeah, because Luca was disowned from the family." Brady went to a small file cabinet on the desk and flipped through it. Finding what he was looking for, he dropped it on the table. "Here. That article'll tell ya everything we found on the guy."

Ryu nodded, it seemed these two were even more trustworthy now. He then decided to look over the files.

@Yun Lee @dark @Raynar Saassin @OuterCity

Lydia Martin

Lydia looked over at the poster again and then back at him. She debated what to say next and finally settle on something that she thought was smart. " So, helping you does seem like a good idea, but I wouldn't involve the men in power yet. They will deny it and right now, our suspicion would just get us tossed from the area. If we are going on the idea that the taker is external, maybe we should looked where they disappeared."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Upper City

"Mission?"

"No one but you."

"......."

"The Light cares for all its wayward children,"

e77b0fc6b500fc35cd43df43e0772e09--warcraft-game-character-ideas.jpg

"but for you - strangers to these children - to risk your well-being for theirs, it is truly virtuous," spoke Yrel, High Exarch of the Draenei people, in an odd, vaguely slavic accent. Standing at eight feet alongside Urbosa, the High Exarch's presence was just as commanding, if not moreso on account of her thick platemail decorated with regal gold inlays and violet gemstones, and the horns sprouting from her head that would put an elephant's ivory to shame. "If the Emerald City will bring us closer to Vivaldi, then it is to the Emerald City we must go," Yrel stated.

@Yun Lee

@Siege @Raynar Saassin @dark @Outer City

Ryu would find the article was short, but to the point.

Vivaldi Eccentric Disgracefully Disowned for Human Experimentation!

Vivaldi family patriarch Vittorio Vivaldi announced today that his nephew, Luca, will be disowned from the family. Luca, one of the many doctors and surgeons that the Vivaldi family is famous for, was discovered last spring for unethical experimentation on patients in Upper City's asylum, many of which he personally diagnosed as insane. It is speculated that these patients may not have been insane at all, and that Luca used methods of psychological manipulation to convince patients otherwise.

"This is nothing even close to what we as a family stand for," Vittorio said in his announcement. "A monster like Luca has no place in our family whatsoever."

Luca was exiled from Charon just days after the discovery, as one patient of his managed to escape and report the findings. She preferred to remain anonymous.

Urbosa, who had been reading the article, looked up at Brady. "Could this patuent be..."

Brady shook his head. "Check the date." The article was dated back to twenty-five years ago. "If this is the Vivaldi we're looking for, he had plenty of time to get involved with Geneva somehow."

@Siege @Raynar Saassin @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @OuterCity

---

"Hey, I'm the one calling the shots here, not you guys! We gotta go visit someone important."

gallery-1436997604-greenbox-garden-shed-1.jpg

Xing led the little group to the outskirts of town, where they found a small housw completely overgrown with plants of all different kinds, like patchwork. "She's in here," he said. He knocked on the door, and took off his cowl and mask, long black hair falling to the ground behind him. He shoved it into Lindel's arms.

View attachment 2712

"Thanks for holding that for me."

"Who's there?" A woman's voice called from inside.

"Hey! Miss Dupont? It's Xing, and I brought some friends over."

The door flew open, a rather unusual looking middle-aged woman greeting them.

Aphra-Behn-and-Mayfair-2.jpeg

"Xing, darling! Come in, come in! And do come in, his friends!" She grabbed him by the arm and practically yanked him inside, but not before Xing motioned to be followed.

Vivaldi family patriarch Vittorio Vivaldi announced today that his nephew, Luca, will be disowned from the family. Luca, one of the many doctors and surgeons that the Vivaldi family is famous for, was discovered last spring for unethical experimentation on patients in Upper City's asylum, many of which he personally diagnosed as insane. It is speculated that these patients may not have been insane at all, and that Luca used methods of psychological manipulation to convince patients otherwise.

"This is nothing even close to what we as a family stand for," Vittorio said in his announcement. "A monster like Luca has no place in our family whatsoever."

Luca was exiled from Charon just days after the discovery, as one patient of his managed to escape and report the findings. She preferred to remain anonymous.

Urbosa, who had been reading the article, looked up at Brady. "Could this patuent be..."

Brady shook his head. "Check the date." The article was dated back to twenty-five years ago. "If this is the Vivaldi we're looking for, he had plenty of time to get involved with Geneva somehow."

---

"Hey, I'm the one calling the shots here, not you guys! We gotta go visit someone important."

Xing led the little group to the outskirts of town, where they found a small housw completely overgrown with plants of all different kinds, like patchwork. "She's in here," he said. He knocked on the door, and took off his cowl and mask, long black hair falling to the ground behind him. He shoved it into Lindel's arms.

View attachment 2712

"Xing, darling! Come in, come in! And do come in, his friends!" She grabbed him by the arm and practically yanked him inside, but not before Xing motioned to be followed.

"How you do ma'm?"
Pang Tong tipped his staff at the lady waiting for them at the door. "Nice house you got here. Quite, you'd think it was part of the grass or somethin'."

@Yun Lee
@Lucky @Takumi @UpperCity

Reading the passage in silence, Yrel's face screwed up and the leather of her gauntlet groaned under the mounting stress of her tightening grip on her warhammer. "Driving people to madness..." the High Exarch quietly seethed, "and the monster is let loose upon the wastes of Ash?" she asked with disbelieving inflection and a dumbstruck look in her eyes, "I see now why the planet screams out in agony - the Void's pawns are free to pollute it however they see fit just beyond Charon's walls!" Yrel cried out in frustration, "If Luca is behind the kidnapping of these poor children, I dare not imagine what evils he has committed in the twenty-five years since his exile. No child - no man or woman - deserves so gruesome a fate as being broken by the Void," Yrel grew quiet - her voice soft with sympathy.

"But I do not understand how an exiled man of 'medicine' could smuggle even a single child out of the city, let alone smuggle himself in. Surely the pawn possesses pawns of his own?" Yrel openly voiced her suspicions.

@Yun Lee

@Siege @Raynar Saassin @dark @Outer City

---

View attachment 2712

Lindel blinked as he had Xing's thinga shoved into his arms. Well that happened.

lindel-135277.jpg

"You're welcome?" to say that Lindel was a little caught off guard would be an understatement.

Following the rest inside, he rose a brow. What was a woman of what appeared to be high class out here?

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Upper City

"Hmm... so this is the guy we could be after... with this article dating back about twenty five years, You're right. Plenty of time for him to intertwine with Geneva. The question is now where to start looking for this guy." Ryu simply stated, folding his arms.

@Yun Lee @Outer City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back