Ame Damnee Residential District

Kaleo - Residential District - In an Alley
Kaleo sat in an alley with his back pressed up against the brick wall. He could feel the wall scraping against his spine, but he didn't care to move. The young man stretched out his legs and leaned his head back, closing his eyes. He was listening. Listening to the soft voices in the buildings around him; listening to footsteps passing by; listening to the ongoing life of these people. These glorious people, with their mundane lives and their cheerful tones, with their hushed voices and their frightened glances as they secretly feared that the boogeyman might show his face and spoil their fun. Kaleo sighed. Not today. Today they can play and with their loved ones lay. But tomorrow... That is another day.

Sunil Seva
In an Alley, Residential District

The shadow slithered along the ground, the walls, around the roofs, and when it came into a small dark alley, it blended with the darkness, the shadows forming once again the figure of the young boy. Sunil looked around and sniffed at the air once again. He can smell Hi'dric. Somewhere close. He was not quite so sure whether he was still in the Residential District or not, but one thing is for sure: the overseer was here. The young boy walked tentatively, still trying to get used to this humanoid form, as he looked around, walking the direction of the main road, holding the over sized robe on his small, frail looking body. He could feel the gravel rough against his feet, and he figured that he probably should have taken some shoes before living the base. He was nearing the edge of the alley when he suddenly felt it though: a certain aura. The smell of death and fear. Unhesitatingly, he suddenly turned around to walk back to the darkness, feeling drawn to it.

Curious, curious...

When he reached the source of the smell, he smiled. It was a man, sitting in corner of the alley, eyes closed, looking like he was enjoying himself. The young kid simply sat beside him and placed cupped his cheeks with his palm. The man sighed, seemingly a little disappointed, and so he asked with a sweet smile. "What's to sigh about, Mister?"

Last edited:
Kaleo opened his eyes and slowly turned his head to look at the boy who spoke. In response to the question, he simply shrugged, allowing his head to loll against the bricks once more. This one is new. Strange that he gives me attention undue. Though he is not the same... Something's familiar. A touch of insane?

Sunil Seva

The man simply shrugged. The young boy blinked, and then smiled some more, wider now. "Hey, hey, Mister. Why are you all alone here, sitting in the dark?" he continued his prodding, tilting his head a little. He had no idea what drawn him to this man, but he will find out. Like a child curious to the world around him, he'll be damned if he didn't find out. What makes this man different from the others? What makes him reek of so much death and fear? He stared deep into his brown eyes, and he could feel it: a being fallen from grace, embraced by the very thing that runs through the his own veins: insanity. "Say, Mister, won't you play with me?" he asked as he stood up, smiling cheerfully.

Last edited:
Kaleo sat up straighter at that, looking at the boy intently. Play with him? Now I know you're not the same. You fear the abyss you have within, that people aren't who they claim.

Kaleo climbed to his feet when the boy did, and though he wasn't particularly tall, he towered over the small boy. A hint of a smile played at his lips as he reached out his hand. Let's see if you're whom you claim to be. One little test can't hurt, can she? Here's the deal: you pass, you stay, you fail... Well, you'll be dead anyway.

The werewolf touched the boy's forehead with his finger, his eyes burning with intensity as he fabricated the image he would see. The world, consumed by a slow-burning flame; the ashes spiraling into the atmosphere before vanishing in oblivion. As the fire burned out, the buildings surrounding him were charred and empty, their silence deafening until they too dissolved into a pile of ash, blown away by the faintest gust of wind. There was nothing left save for the darkness and the sound of the boy's own beating heart, stretching on into eternity. Worthlessness. Such a common fear for an ordinary boy. Oblivion? Now that's something I have yet to see in these toys.

Sunil Seva

The young boy smiled in delight as the man stood up, seemingly going to heed his request. He was basically keeping himself from jumping up and down in excitement. What will he do? What is he thinking? He hasn't spoken yet. he silently noticed. Is he mute? he wondered, but then he blinked in surprise as the werewolf lifted his finger. He suddenly felt like stepping back. Something tells him he should... or else---

Fire.

Sunil's eyes widened as he saw it, the world burning to the ground. The feeling of emptiness crawling in his heart, as the world burned to nothingness. The feeling was indescribable... and utterly horrible. Ashes. Ashes... He could feel it: the consuming void, the darkness--- no. He is the void. He is the darkness. He was nothing, he was gone, the feeling of his senses shutting down, the sound of his own heartbeat the only sign that he ever was alive. He clutched at his throat as he stumbled back, his hands going up to his head as he stared wide eyed at the ground. "No..." he murmured. "No, take me back." His hands were shaking. This darkness felt so familiar. The dread crawled up his stomach, making him feel like throwing up. There was nothing, he was nothing. "TAKE ME BACK!" he screamed as he fell into his knees. He was gasping, his fingers digging to the dirt. Worthless... forgotten...

Suddenly, he went still.

For a long moment, he was not moving. And then his shoulders shook a little. A small smile tugged at the edge of his lips. Soon enough he was giggling, and not long after a full blown laugh erupted, echoing within the alley. It was a manic laugh, a laugh that made him clutch at his stomach, unable to breathe. "This isn't real... is it?" he whispered, as he stood up, holding onto the man's wrist suddenly: a strong, almost crushing grip. He lifted his head, giving the man a sweet smile once again, albeit the gold flecks in his eyes almost glowed, looking undoubtedly consumed by pure madness. "You... That's interesting. But you know... I am not worthless. I have a purpose. I found it again! As long as the cause lives, as long as the Circle is intact, I..." he trailed off, getting confused for a moment. There was a buzzing in his ears. Words he could not quite decipher... over and over, again and again... Eh? Something's not right. My purpose was... it was... he held his head for a moment, his expression completely blank when he met the man's eyes again, looking as though he just realized something. "That's right." he murmured. "You are damned." he walked closer towards him, his grip on his wrist only getting tighter, as he tiptoed to get a closer look on his face, smiling innocently. He could almost see it, this man is destined to hell. But he could still be saved! So long as he lets Aditi bless his soul. His smile widened.
"Say, Mister..." he murmured.

"Have you found salvation yet?"

Last edited:
Kaleo watched the boy as he reacted to his fear; the signs were typical at first, but to see him overcome the vision was a rare sight indeed. Congratations, you passed your test.

Suddenly he felt a bolt of pain run up his arm. Looking down, Kaleo saw that the boy had grabbed his wrist. His eyes shifted back to the boy's face, completely ignoring the crushing pain. And now you think it's me you can best. Cocky.

Kaleo continued to watch as the boy floundered to make sense of things, his eyes filled with mock sympathy.

"That's right. You are damned." That struck a nerve. Kaleo's eyes flashed at the comment and he gritted his teeth. It was an accusation he had heard too often. Damned. Cursed. Perhaps it was true. There had to be a reason he had suffered the fate he had. Still, he wasn't about to tolerate hearing it from this child-

"Have you found salvation yet?" Kaleo froze. Salvation? This is my plague, my blight. There's no cure for this. Right? He crouched down so he was eye-level with the boy, a maelstrom of emotions running across his face. Frustration. Anger. Pain. Confusion. Desperation. Tell me.

Sunil Seva

Sunil laughed delightfully as he watched the many different emotions cross the man's face. He was broken, hurt, and now... desperate. Desperate of the ticket to redemption that he had waved at his face. How typical. And yet... how interesting. The man who did not looked like he cared about anything at all only a few minutes ago, looked so different now. His eyes were basically pleading for more information, hungry...driven. Sunil did not let go of his wrist, but his other hand held his cheek almost affectionately, leaning in closer to whisper at his ear. "Surrender yourself to the cause, Mister. Let Aditi's grace cleanse your soul. The Circle of Sanctity will bear the burden for you." he chuckled a little. "It's rather funny isn't it? You show people their greatest fears through your magic, but I didn't need any special abilities to see yours. You are afraid this cursed existence will be all that you are, don't you? It doesn't have to be."

Once he had said his piece, he stepped back, letting go. The boy held out his hand, urging him to hold it. "If you wish to find salvation... come with me. I will show you the way." The illusion of choice is something the Circle had used over and over. Should he refuse to come with him, Sunil would have used force anyway. His ability was so on point, so terrifying, it still sent shivers down his spine. Sunil felt... thrilled. This man will be a gift he'll wrap up all nicely for Hi'dric. How lucky of me to stumble upon his path!

Kaleo raised an eyebrow when the boy mentioned he could see his fear, all previous emotions vanishing. Perceptive, but not entirely true. It's nothing compared to what I saw in you.

When he let go of his wrist, Kaleo stood up straight. He massaged his wrist thoughtfully as he considered the boy's offer. He didn't take his hand, but after a few moments he nodded his head gracefully, as if implying that he should lead the way. But if I find that you lie, let's say there are far worse fates than to simply die.

Jocasta, Xena's House

Jocasta accepted the tea and took a sip. "Thank you," she responded. Suddenly, she felt her stomach churn with anger at Maric's words. This tea something she could easily replicate; Something she could do. She drank some more, then set it down and instead of leaving, asked Xena a few more questions. She was eager to learn more from her, how she worked a miracle cure, so to speak. It was anything but. "So, Xena, if you don't mind me asking, what's your story? Did you have a family? You must be a noble, right? How did you come to be a healer? What inspired that within you?"

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Residential District, Al'vyon Estate

Xena smiled. She was glad that it made Maric feel somewhat better. With her healing not quite working right on things involving Wroth, she was slightly worried she won't be able to do any good. There was color to his cheeks now. Good. Although... she trailed off, her eyebrows knitting a little as she glanced at Jocasta's expressions. She hates me... doesn't she? she uneasily sipped on her tea, willing herself to feel calmer. The fact that this woman, Jocasta, had been rather hostile for the most part unsettled her. And then she started bombarding her questions. Nervousness striked her every time she paused on a question mark. She took a sip once again, feeling the tea work on its job, although it was quite a struggle to keep her hands from noticeably shaking. Her confidence at what she remembers was at a down low. She opened her mouth... and then closed it, unsure of what to say. But she wanted to be truthful. She had lied too many times in the last couple of hours. She set her cup on the table and intertwined her fingers, staring at them as she replied. "I... I don't know."

Sunil Seva

Sunil smiled hugely as the man nodded. He started walking out of the alley, forgetting about finding Hi'dric now that he has something else to occupy his time. As he walked though, he kept stumbling, and for the most part he had one of his hands was on the wall to support him. About a century of not using humanoid feet does that to someone, probably, but he was slowly getting used to it. "Hey," he said as he glanced over at his new recruit. "Don't you ever speak? I'm Sunil Seva, or you can call me Nil, whichever. But I still don't know your name. I can't keep calling you Mister all the time."

Last edited:
Kaleo watched as Sunil kept tripping over his own feet, as if he didn't feel comfortable in his own body. When he asked him what his name was, Kaleo stopped walking and thought for a moment before digging in one of his pockets. He pulled out a crumpled scrap of paper and a stub of a pencil, and moved to the wall. Pressing the paper against the bricks, he frowned when he realized the paper already had something written on it in scribbly, near indecipherable handwriting. One of his poems. He flipped the paper over and wrote there instead. "Kaleo" was all he wrote, the letters shaky from being written on the rough bricks. Folding it in half, he passed it to Sunil, shoving the pencil stub back in his pocket.

Maric Vakarian - Al'vyon Estate

Maric gripped the arms of his chair tight as Jocasta threw question after question about Xena's past at her. With how quickly his subordinate came to stop him from leaving with Xena and these specific questions, Maric couldn't help but wonder whether Jocasta had been eavesdropping on the two of them talking about their past. This thought angered him. Who does this woman think she is, just because she's sleeping with his boss doesn't give her the right to meddle in his private affairs.

He couldn't remain quiet anymore. "That's enough! Jocasta where is this coming from? On second thought, don't answer that, I'd rather not know. I'm feeling better now so could you kindly leave and tell Buttercup and Hi'dric that I'm ok? You've done enough here." He was being defensive, he knew it, but he couldn't stand to see the look of confusion and hurt on Xena's face. Jocasta needed to leave, and if she wouldn't go voluntarily, then Maric would force her too.

Jocasta, Xena's House

Jocasta narrowed her eyes at Maric. "What's wrong with making another friend?" she questioned defensively. "I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you're so defensive, but then again, maybe it's because I already know and don't need your explanation." She stood up and brushed herself off. "I've had enough of both of you. Especially you, Maric." She left without another word, fists clenched. She didn't even bother saying "Thank you" or anything of the sort to Xena. She was done. It was no matter though; She'd be fine soon, soon.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena blinked, startled at the outburst of the two, which did not do anything to ease the vulnerability she still felt. She bit her lip uneasily as she watched Jocasta go, without so much as a goodbye or a thank you. She almost felt like crying as that had been a bad turn of events, but she tried not to. Stop being a crybaby, Xena. You're better than this. she thought to herself.

"I... I didn't want to cause trouble between you and your friend." she told Maric, not meeting his eyes. "I think... Well, I think you should go after her and talk it over, she's obviously just been worried for your welfare." That did not explain the air of hostility the woman had been sending her but Xena decided it's not worth mentioning. "I... I'm fine by myself here. I won't do anything stupid anymore, so... I just don't want to be a bother between you and your fellow members."

He felt his rage grow as Jocasta confirmed his suspicions. She had been eavesdropping. They were going to have a serious talk once he got back to the prison. He immediately regretted his actions once he heard the hurt in Xena's voice. He came over and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You could never be a bother Xena. Jocasta and I will figure things out, she just needs some time to cool off, as do I. Right now, all I want to do is help you find some answers to our past."

Jocasta, Residential District

A chill ran up her spine as she shut the door behind her. She couldn't shake off how much she hated Xena, how much she was jealous, how much she hated her own self. Jocasta shivered, bounding down the steps and hastily making her way down the district area. She had to find Hi'dric, if not sooner or later. Her mind wondered, for a moment, though, if he would actually listen to her. Maybe her jealousy was something that would fade quickly. Maybe it was just a phase. She shook her head, trying to will all negative thoughts away. This woman Maric seemed to have such an obsession with... She didn't get it.

Jocasta observed the residential area. She wanted someone to latch onto. It made her feel guilty though. She wasn't supposed to some clingy vampire. She was supposed to push through, to be strong. Jocasta stopped when a familiar scent began to linger in the air. She followed it silently. It led her to an alley; A figure standing there in the shadows. A thousand needles stabbed in her back. He was just like her. "Hi'dric?" she questioned, her voice smaller than what she thought it was. Where had he been? She made her way towards him. "You're here." Jocasta sounded exhausted. "I was looking for you."

@~Nemo~

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena sighed. She feels slightly guilty of the scene that has transpired, but he was right. She was dying to know more about her past. There were still so many questions left unanswered. She stood up, holding her hand out for him, more because of the fact that she wanted to feel someone's warmth, to be comforted and reassured, even just a little. "Very well. Then, let's go up to my study. I have a few things I wanted you to see."

She led him up the staircase, through the hallways, and as they walked, she started talking. "These last two days have been the most bizarre in my life." she murmured. "As far as I could remember, that is. So many things has happened, so may random dots that started connecting, and now... here we are." she made a soft bitter laugh. "I'm not sure whether I'm happy or not that I have involved myself with Wroth, to be honest. Although he's such a sweetheart sometimes, he's... something else. It's my contact with him that catalyzed these feelings... these memories. That small contact with his blood... ignorance was truly a bliss. I had no idea." she stopped at a door, carefully opening it to lead him inside. The study was rather spacious, but every wall was filled with shelves and shelves of books and medical apparatuses. "This is my study." she said with a small smile, her eyes gleaming with a little bit of pride in her personal space. "I've only studied herbs and their uses here recently, but apparently for a time I was studying something else. Or someone else..." her voice drifted as she walked through the shelves, taking out the book on anatomy, shuffling through the page as she placed it on the table. She stopped at that page, the one she had seen in her dream. "Does this look familiar?" she asked, giving him a look of curiosity.

He was delighted when she held out her hand for him, his heart skipping a beat as he thought that there may be some early signs of affection from her to him. Naturally he took it and let her guide him upstairs to her study. Her talk of Wroth wasn't exactly thrilling but his interest was piqued when she mentioned contact with him being the reason her memories started returning, he'd have to ask about that later.

He glanced at the book she brought out, anatomy apparently, but when she opened to the specific page he paused, mindlessly he reached his hand out to trace his finger over the image and his mind was catapulted back into the past.

A room, white and pristine. He stood at the entryway, observing her with what felt like an amused grin on his face. She was bent over a prisoner of sorts, lacerations all over his body, slashing his eyes. His body took a step forward. "Stop! What were you thinking, starting without me?" He said. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, whispering something seductive in her ear, what it was his current self couldn't remember.

What is this? He thought as the vision played out in front of him.

His body was shrugged off by Xena, a slightly embarrassed flush on her face as she chastised him. He felt his former self's arrogance in his swagger as he approached the prisoner. "I'm so sorry for my friend, she gets a bit... overexcited when it comes to studying the flesh. I can make the pain stop though. We just need the location of the Duke. Tell us that and the pain will end."

He pulled the gag off the prisoners face. "Monsters! You two are monsters!!" He cried. Maric quickly gagged him again. "Tsk, tsk. That's not what we were looking for." Maric laid his hand upon the man, draining him. Sucking him till almost dry, then releasing. "Xena dear, do try not to get too much blood on the walls this time. I'd rather not hear Alma bitch at us again." He chuckled as he kissed Xena on the cheek.

His legs were wobbly as he came back to the present. He unintentionally leaned into Xena for support as his body started to clam up again from the shock. "The memory... we were partners. We tortured people for information together. A name... Alma... he was the faery I saw!" It was starting to form connections in his brain as he weakly relayed the information to Xena. "The memories...hurt. Like someone purposely locked them away.... Can you help me sit down? I'm feeling very woozy."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Alma.
The name almost made her heart melt. Alma.. who? She felt as if he was someone she should know, someone she should remember. There was a certain anger, a certain sadness, and a certain love she felt for a moment, like the name reminded her of... family. She supported Maric and helped him sit down on one of the couches. It was a little unsettling to see him pale again. "I'm sorry... are you okay?" she asked as she absentmindedly caressed his cheek, her amber eyes evidently worried. The thing he said made sense though. Purposefully locking away our memories... "I may have an idea who did it." she replied, holding the necklace on her neck firmly, feeling unsettled. "I think it involves the monster that lives inside Wroth... and my mentor, Taran." his name left a bitter taste of betrayal in her mouth. "My entire life has been a lie. I think... for the most part, Taran did this to me. I don't understand why. He..." she hesitated. "I think he is my lover of sorts... or was." She held Maric's hand firmly and intertwined their fingers, playing with his. For a moment she was silent as she stared at their joined hands, his hands were so warm... so familiar.

"You know..." she started. "This honestly makes me wonder what exactly our relationship had been." she made a smile that showed amusement and sadness at the same time. "I wonder... was my previous self a slut, perhaps?" she chuckled lightly at the thought. "I would honestly not be surprised if I was."

Back