Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everyone...none of this is real." Bruce replied calmly though his shifting eyes told them that while seeming calm something was bubbling under the surface. "Even if we have these ghosts floating around us we have to press forwards. Remember the plan, we have to reach the main sewer system to find our way into the prison."

"You are asking a lot from some in this group, Bruce."
Aquawoman as well seemed calm but the way she was clenching her trident was anything but.

"Maybe I am but we can not fail now, not to these...mind tricks. Is everyone with me on this?"

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight @Lucky @belVita @dark

Before Harper could say anything else to the man the door to the cell block opened as two soldiers dressed in black came in dragging John Connor into the cell one the other side of Harper meaning that they were now facing each other. He had seemed to have been unconcious but was now waking up.

tumblr_inline_nzoneaV7XX1r3leyb_100.png

"You'll pay for taking Kazuma!..." her voice cracked just slightly, though it was barely audible.

"You're almost not worth curring down. Such a disgrace of a war god, easily rattled and weak." came Yato's cold reply as their swords clashed again and he held his ground with ease.

Bruce's words were muddled to Bishamon. The god breathed heavily as she continued to clash swords with what she precieved to be Yato, growling she jumped into the air before bringing her blade down with enough force to likely crack the street under her. Standing, she'd stared blankly at the spot under her for a moment where here opponent mere seconds before.

tumblr_inline_ocfsch5ODM1r3leyb_100.png

A hallucination? That word kept cropping up. Again and again. So...it wasn't real? She hadn't lost him? She hadn't lost Kazuma and it was just the effects of that awful gas?

"My Kazuma....my comrades." she muttered, bringing a hand up to brush some hair behind her ear and to touch the earring there to reassure herself that yes, he was still there in a sense. Him and the other two in their vessel forms made her feel relieved. She turned to Bruce, eyes still blank.

"...I don't think...your words alone are enough." she mumbled, glancing to rhe rest who were still hallucinating. She could try to help someone, though she wasn't sure how she could help-especially after going through her emotionally draining hallucination.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Widowmaker @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Ver @Everybody

"Everyone...none of this is real." Bruce replied calmly though his shifting eyes told them that while seeming calm something was bubbling under the surface. "Even if we have these ghosts floating around us we have to press forwards. Remember the plan, we have to reach the main sewer system to find our way into the prison."

Aquawoman as well seemed calm but the way she was clenching her trident was anything but.

"Maybe I am but we can not fail now, not to these...mind tricks. Is everyone with me on this?"

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight @Lucky @belVita @dark

Before Harper could say anything else to the man the door to the cell block opened as two soldiers dressed in black came in dragging John Connor into the cell one the other side of Harper meaning that they were now facing each other. He had seemed to have been unconcious but was now waking up.
"Wait.. so that's not really Locus?" Felix asked before smirking behind his helmet. See, all he had to do was know that it wasn't real and Felix would he alright. So, Felix would instead shut his eyes and after a few moments, Locus would be gone.

"Well, that fuckin' sucked." He said before walking off towards their destination, not paying too much mind to the others, as usual.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Widowmaker @Kentucky @Takumi @Ver

"Harper. I'm the girl who was crushed under the steel beams." Harper said, nodding in John from her cell.

@Jeremi @dark

Aoko Aozaki was the kind of person who liked to figure that the only thing she feared was fear itself, and even then, that it was something she had learned to overcome.

But even so, despite her thoughts of how she was different from humans -- that she was no longer what other people could classify as human -- she was still one through and through. And as a human, even developing an idea of what this mysterious gas was able to do, reinforced by Wayne's later words, she had an involuntary reaction to it. Just as everyone else seemed to be facing their greatest fears, Aoko had no such thing she could think of that she actively feared.

But the mind was a tricky thing. It was capable of wonders even the magician couldn't fathom. When the gas reached into her subconscious to yank out something she feared, the thought materialized into a hallucination that stood before Aoko in the blink of an eye. And he stood atop one of the wrecked buildings (at least, a building that looked destroyed due to the influence of the gas), looking down upon the redhead as though holding the intent to tower over her.

9CbQ5dJ.png

It was a young man, no older than 17 years old at this current time, sporting bandages on his face that seemed to serve the purpose of obscuring his eyes until he had moved them off. The indigo shine of his eyes, glowing radiantly in a tragically beautiful sense, pierced through the darkness like a star shooting through the night sky. That was the irony found in something such as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Something so lifelike, gleaming luminously, was the origin of such black, ugly death.

That was the fate that Shiki Tohno was afflicted with.

An innocent boy already predisposed to misfortune, shouldering such a burden of seeing the death of every day before his very eyes.

Life was just destined to be difficult for him. Far more than any one person deserved to go through.

Aoko never stopped thinking about the boy, not even after eight years and only meeting him once. He was a good person, but humans could go either way. They could rise above their obstacles, or they could crumble beneath them.

And the tragedy of that was that Shiki Tohno was no exception.

In a life destined to face hardship, agony, and loss, there was no doubt in Aoko's mind that his life would be far easier if he were to "break." If he had destroyed the chains that held him back, the chains that held together his moral inhibitions and fears, perhaps he would have lived a better life, even if at the expense of everyone around him.

In other words, if he had destroyed everything around him, perhaps he would have lived a good life, able to freely acknowledge the death of everything he saw.

But that was also something Aoko, whether or not she realized it, feared.

Would it have been her own fault if his attempts to lead a moral life, wholesome and "normal" for all intents and purposes, simply led him down a path of self-ruin and resentment? After all, it was her that inspired him to lead that kind of good life all those years ago on that grassy field. Would it have been on her if her attempts to live a moral life resulted in that kind of life begetting even more misfortune for him? And what scenario did she even fear more? That, or the one where the boy let go of such morals, and lived the life he wanted to, at the expense of everyone else's?

Perhaps the gas answered that question for her. The figure continued to stand above, watching Aoko like a hawk, and the redheaded woman figured it was finally time to grasp that answer for herself.

Aoko01.png

"Well, even though I know you're a fake, you're still not going away, so I guess either we gotta have a talk, or we gotta fight. Like a ghost that needs to be fulfilled before it can move on. And I don't feel motivated to fight a hallucination... even if you might be the type of vision that can make me think I'm hurting enough to actually hurt me,"
she spoke.

"..."

"What, you just gonna stand there? A little unresponsive for someone locked in my imagination."

"..."

"Jeez, how dull."

Before long, however, the figure finally moved, like a wild animal who had just finished examining his prey. Hopping off the edge that he was standing upon, the illusion of the boy known as "Shiki Tohno" slowly walked toward Aoko, all the while the woman, laying down her baggage, put her hands on her hips in wait, come what may.

And then, it finally spoke.

"Are such phenomena mutually exclusive? To be a good person is to lead a bad life, and to be a bad person is to lead a good life? If so, would it not be your fault either way what happened to me?" It spoke, as though able to read her mind. After all, if this was all in Aoko's head, perhaps it made sense that way. Continuing to walk towards her, the illusion kept talking, a low voice penetrating the air like the knife he held in his hand. "Cursed to hold back this great power and lead a life where I'm powerless just like everyone else, or cursed to make use of this power as I pleased, and take what I want from everyone. Would you take responsibility for that, Sensei?"

Eventually, he stopped walking, standing just a few feet before Aoko. Like a standoff, the two of them stared each other down, but in reality, Aoko knew that no fight would occur. She was not aiming to start one, and thus, the reactionary hallucination would not indulge her.

To be honest, this illusion was far more vivid than Aoko had expected, and she suspected that it was at least partially due to the nature of her powers. The image before her was indeed the result of a possible future, but her thoughts and what she made of it were her own. They were pure speculation for all she knew. Only one way to find out.

"Of course, that's like you, isn't it? Always roaming, always moving. Dodging the responsibility of your actions. Like you're running away from Soujuurou, or Touko. But your sins will always catch up to you, Sensei. No one can escape their fate."

"..."

Aoko remained silent, her expression a mystery for a good silent seconds, before she let out a breath, and spoke, producing her response.

"... You bring up a good point about one thing."

"What...?"

"Being a good person and leading a good life... They don't have to be mutually exclusive. Who's to say that at the end of the day, Shiki Tohno decided to lead such a moral life, and decided that it was good enough for him? After all, a wonderful boy like him would surely grow up into a wonderful young man," Aoko said, beginning to walk toward the illusion.

"Maybe either way, it doesn't matter. With his Mystic Eyes... at this rate, he doesn't have much longer to live, I'll bet. In another ten years, it's very likely he won't be around anymore. He'll never be able to raise a child, let alone have the luxury of growing old. And at the end of the day, the only thing he'll have to show for it is the connections he makes. That's all anyone can ever have in this terrifying, lonely world. But I trust him. I trust him to live the life that he wants. Because he deserves that much."

Then... she did something even she might not have expected from herself.

She pulled the illusion into a hug, as though it were Shiki himself she were holding.

wjLm4WE1Tr6_MwDAjdVnmQ.png

"I know it in my heart. Shiki Tohno has grown into a wonderful young man. And I'll be sure to see it with my own two eyes when I come home. Just you wait and see."

As though it were a real person, the hallucination could only gasp in surprise, and do little more. It could do nothing. Aoko had conquered this fear for now, and thus, this fear could do nothing more to her. It could not haunt her, nor could it drive her mad. Not while she had faith in the boy that she had met eight years ago in the grassy field.

And just like that, it was all over. He was gone. Gone, like the wind.​

Last edited:
"Huh? What do you know, I shouldn't believe in ghosts," Upgrade responds to Dante's words. "I don't think I'm getting rid of Ghostfreak anytime soon until we get out of this gas."

Upgrade then looks about - the peacocks. "Ugh. How do people find that beautiful- wait a minute... that's it!"

4d37b3d6f71cee675adfc718025a6165.jpg

Upgrade leaves the motorcycle and wraps his liquid metal body around SeeU, merging with her, causing her outfit to be shaded in a new black-white colour scheme with green circuit-like patterns over aforementioned black, and an Omnitrix emblem where the on-off button-like emblem on her collar would be. Now, Upgrade could see SeeU's hallucinations, and SeeU could see Ben's.

"I think it's working!" Upgrade exclaims. "Just ignore the creepy ghost guy with the tentacles emerging from his stomach. That's Ghostfreak, I kicked his butt once, so I can totally do it again, and uh..."

Upgrade takes control of SeeU's hand for a bit, pointing to the illusionary peacocks.

"That will be a secret between you and me. Try not to touch them. Tell you what, I'll focus on your hallucinations, you focus on mine. That way, we can drown them out."

@Yun Lee @Widowmaker @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @etcetcetc​
Before SeeU could respond to Dante or K, she felt something...highly unnatural. "W-What's happening?!" Was this possession? What was going on?! Luckily, though, Ben-well, Upgrade-explained their situation. Luckily for them both, SeeU was very happy at the sight of the pretty peacocks. "Ooooh, they're so pretty! Hello, little friends!"

"Oh, come on now, little boy. You're fighting dirty." The three Vocaloids stood before the unlikely duo, staring them down. "How do you expect us to tell SeeU how worthless she is if you're there to make her feel supported?"

Rin sighed sadly. "I guess we may as well give up on her...oh well. It was fun while it lasted." The youngest one sould take Gumi's hand, and both would evaporate into thin air, leaving Miku by herself.

Miku would smile at Ben. "So...lovely weather, hm?"

@Crow @Widowmaker @Kentucky

Before SeeU could respond to Dante or K, she felt something...highly unnatural. "W-What's happening?!" Was this possession? What was going on?! Luckily, though, Ben-well, Upgrade-explained their situation. Luckily for them both, SeeU was very happy at the sight of the pretty peacocks. "Ooooh, they're so pretty! Hello, little friends!"

"Oh, come on now, little boy. You're fighting dirty." The three Vocaloids stood before the unlikely duo, staring them down. "How do you expect us to tell SeeU how worthless she is if you're there to make her feel supported?"

Rin sighed sadly. "I guess we may as well give up on her...oh well. It was fun while it lasted." The youngest one sould take Gumi's hand, and both would evaporate into thin air, leaving Miku by herself.

Miku would smile at Ben. "So...lovely weather, hm?"

@Crow @Widowmaker @Kentucky

"This is probably the part where I start shooting lasers and say 'call THIS worthless' but... you know, I know you guys aren't real," Upgrade jokes towards illusionary-Gumi as she vanishes.

Upgrade responds to illusionary Miku, "it's a bit too red for my liking, kinda ironic since my favourite alien's pretty big & red. Oh, have you met Ghostfreak?"

Just like that, in Ben's & SeeU's shared eyes, Ghostfreak appeared beside Miku.

"I have no time for trivialities, Ben Tennyson!" Ghostfreak rasped.

"Why am I even afraid of you? Even Vilgax is more of a threat than you and I'm not afraid of him," Upgrade taunts, "well, not after I actually kicked his butt, anyways."

"Do not mock me, child!"

Upgrade generates rocket boosters and hoverboard technology in SeeU's shoes. "Well SeeU, we can visit the... ugh... uh... petting zoo... some other time. Right now, we've got a mission, remember?"

Upgrade then generates wire-like extensions from SeeU's back.

"Everybody!" Upgrade exclaims, particularly to those who lacked speed. "Ditch all your fighting and hold on tight! This taxi ride's going to be really bumpy!"

@Crow @Yun Lee @Widowmaker @Kentucky @thatguyinthestore @York @Ver @Josh @Takumi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi

" C'mon now... it takes lots to scare me good. Stupid gas ain't done much to me yet! " Majima was going to regret those words so much, and as soon as a few seconds. It didn't take long for him to notice, but someone happened to be around that shouldn't be here at all.

After all... he cut ties with her once that incident was long over.

tumblr_inline_oulvzcqLG51v1mk7r_540.png

The past owner of the Empty Lot, Makoto Makimura.

How long has it been since then? He lost track, he tried to forget her for her sake. The poor girl already went through a living hell. He was aware about all these things being a part of their "fears" being hallucinations... but damn this was really rough.

tumblr_oz67qtFwO81v3qowuo10_100.png

" Makoto... d-dammit, go 'n do something she wouldn't do already! Y... You're not gonna shake me like-"

If anything, Majima wouldn't care less once this Makoto acted off. He knew that she wouldn't try to harm him, to call him names, she was too good for that. And yet, she hasn't done a single thing...

Until a bullet plunged into her back.

No one in the group was causing the bullets, or else he would've heard the gunshots. No, it was all a repeat from the past. The price of being the Empty Lot's owner, Makoto paying that price by being shot and put into a coma... Majima knew that that incident practically numbed his self judgment and control, storming through the members of the Dojima Family with no restraint... And even though he was aware that Makoto lived through that coma and is living a normal life, this damned hallucination was messing with him bad.

It was taunting him, because he wasn't even sure if she was fine wherever she was.

"D... Dammit... Just cut it out."

Majima growled, wanting it to stop. The opposite occurred, seen by another bullet being shot into "Makoto" at her stomach.

" Stop it... "

Every time he spoke in a demand to make this stop, it only worsened... If it wouldn't stop, the Mad Dog didn't have any other options.

" I said stop already, you piece of shit faker! "

Sprinting at her, Majima practically tackled her, hesitating on his decision to end this hallucination fast. Shutting his eye from seeing any of this, he pulled out his knife and stabbed her square in the chest.

Again and again.

Knowing he wouldn't be able to see Makoto again for real, Majima hated the fact that he'd live with this being the most recent memory of her, ruined by some hallucination...

He wasn't sure on when to stop what was practically killing off this illusion of Makoto, but he pulled himself into a halt once he felt his knife cling off of the ground.

His eye opening, she was gone. Like she was meant to be, far away from him. Majima drew a heavy breath of air, blankly staring at the ground. He wasn't sure if he even conquered any fear of his, but more of fulfilling it...

The yakuza needed a moment to himself, perhaps.

@ppl @mobile​

"Oh my! How exciting!" SeeU watched herself grow all these new features, as if she were some sort of hi-tech fighter robot. If only these enhancements could stay with her so she could fight better...but, she would count her blessings for now.

Though, in spite of the upper hand she now had, SeeU had to wonder: was she capable of doing anything on her own? She was always shutting down...always needing cheering up from others...she needed to do better. If she didn't...maybe her fears would come true. Maybe everyone would get tired of her and leave her behind. And she could not let that happen.

"Let me know how I can help you, Ben! I'll do all I can!"

@Crow @Yun Lee @Widowmaker@Kentucky @thatguyinthestore @York@Ver @Josh @Takumi @Kaykay@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi

As the group were overcoming and fighting their fears they heard a voice echoing all around them. "All everyone thinks is that fear is something to conquer. When in actuality"

IiW9t46.png

"It's a sacrament!" The large figure had suddenly emerged looming over the group.

"Scarecrow..." Bruce's eyes narrowed as he looked up at the huge man.

Thinking it was another illusion Aquawoman leaped towards him only to be slapped away her away and sent her crashing back to the ground. Whatever he was it appeared he was solid. The chuckle Scarecrow emitted vibrated inside of the groups skulls. "I am here only has an observer my new cocktail, so save your powers! Fear is not something you can beat, you can only be sucked further in!"​

As the group were overcoming and fighting their fears they heard a voice echoing all around them. "All everyone thinks is that fear is something to conquer. When in actuality"

IiW9t46.png

"It's a sacrament!" The large figure had suddenly emerged looming over the group.

Thinking it was another illusion Aquawoman leaped towards him only to be slapped away her away and sent her crashing back to the ground. Whatever he was it appeared he was solid. The chuckle Scarecrow emitted vibrated inside of the groups skulls. "I am here only has an observer my new cocktail, so save your powers! Fear is not something you can beat, you can only be sucked further in!"

"Yeah? Pretty sure we just did." Dante retorted, giving Scarecrow a smirk as he approached him. "So you're the one who was giving us all that trouble, hmm? Whew... You are ugly. Well, gotta take you down seeing as you're standing in our way and what not. Prepare to dance. Royalguard Style."

He exclaimed as he took on the appearance of his Royalguard Style once again and gripped onto his Rebellion Sword.

"Ready, big guy?"

@Jeremi

"Oh my! How exciting!" SeeU watched herself grow all these new features, as if she were some sort of hi-tech fighter robot. If only these enhancements could stay with her so she could fight better...but, she would count her blessings for now.

Though, in spite of the upper hand she now had, SeeU had to wonder: was she capable of doing anything on her own? She was always shutting down...always needing cheering up from others...she needed to do better. If she didn't...maybe her fears would come true. Maybe everyone would get tired of her and leave her behind. And she could not let that happen.

"Let me know how I can help you, Ben! I'll do all I can!"

@Crow @Yun Lee @Widowmaker@Kentucky @thatguyinthestore @York@Ver @Josh @Takumi @Kaykay@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi

IiW9t46.png

Thinking it was another illusion Aquawoman leaped towards him only to be slapped away her away and sent her crashing back to the ground. Whatever he was it appeared he was solid. The chuckle Scarecrow emitted vibrated inside of the groups skulls. "I am here only has an observer my new cocktail, so save your powers! Fear is not something you can beat, you can only be sucked further in!"​

"Easy with the head, sackface," Upgrade, feeling the echoes within SeeU's head, mocks as the wires on SeeU's back were retracted, substituted by some sort of jetpack that propelled flight. "I'm afraid alright... afraid that it's time to end this!"

Upgrade, controlling SeeU's hands for a bit, unsheathes the katana Harper gave her, before his black liquid metal coated it, the hilt remaining white while the blade was marked with Upgrade's signature green wire-like markings. Following that, sharp, green metal teeth surrounded this katana's flat edges.

hqdefault.jpg

The katana that was attached to SeeU was now a katana chainsaw.

"Got that idea from Season 3 Episode 8 of Sumo Slammers," Upgrade adds nonchalantly.

Upgrade's enhancements have also granted the ability to use two-handed weapons with one hand, to boot.

"All you can, huh?" Upgrade questions. "Here's what you can do - toss suggestions for weapons, I'll see if I can make them, and most importantly, kick sackface's butt really badly!"

The boosters on SeeU's shoes and newfound jetpack would begin to charge up...

"I'm starting to think I overdid it..." Upgrade utters, "ah, whatever, this is awesome!"

@Crow @Yun Lee @Widowmaker @Kentucky @thatguyinthestore @York @Ver @Josh @Takumi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi

IiW9t46.png

c27f830966a18d361f4d877d696b1019.jpg

"Uh huh. Yeah see, I'm an idealist, buddy. And those ideals involve killing anyone who gets in the way of me and a paycheck. And, while I'm not particularly getting paid for killing Bane, the guy is stopping me from potentially getting paid elsewhere. So first, I'm gonna cut off your head and have it sent to Bane as a nice little gift. Then when we get to Bane, I'll do the same to him, and put both your heads on my mantle. Hell, I'll probably even use that hood of yours as a new blanket."

As Felix was saying this, he had been loading up his assault rifle. Once he was finished, he'd take aim and attempt to shoot Scarecrow right between his eyes.

@Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

Feedback realized too late that the energy it was harnessing was far greater in scope than anything that he could charge into himself and the ensuing surge blasted him right off the giants back.

Once again the rockets connected causing a large explosion on the monsters back, but other than a few broken pieces it seemed unhurt. Felix's grenades as seemed to have little effect.

The scan came back inconclusive, the creature seemed to have been formed of an unknown inorganic matter combined with organic matter. If there were any weak spots then his scanners could not pinpoint said locations.

The swords damage was like a paper cut to the giant. In retaliation is sent forth another bolt of electricity towards anyone close enough. It seemed like any damage they were causing was minimal at best.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I get that some times." To the other question he just responded with, "Just at the wrong place at the wrong time..." Despite the situation he seemed to be quite calm about it. "You're in Gotham and you're stuck in a place with a ton of prison cells...where do you think we are?"
As if the giant had grown bored with the confrontation it raised its head into the air and slapped it down hard into the water sending a huge wave towards the Iceberg Lounge before it submerged back into the water not re-surfacing again.

Aquawoman stood tall as the wave came crashing down towards the lounge and used her trident to disperse it before it could do anymore harm. "Is everyone alright?" She asked the gathered people.

"A fighting ring set in Blackgate Penitentiary." The voiced responded. "Plenty of fighters to pick from him, especially people who piss off Bane. I was one of those that pissed off Bane."
"Bane has agents all around...maybe one of Cobblepot's men is a snitch?" Bruce as well wasn't really sure what to make of the situation, for all intense and purposes that creature had them dead to right. Before he could say anything more however Penguin joined them on the terrace.

"The Iceberg lounge is barely standing! I guess a thank you is in order." He said begrudgingly. "That overgrown eel was ready to sink us! This is why no one goes up against Bane! He just sics one of those things on you! Land OR sea!"

"But why did it just leave? It had us dead to right, even our strongest could barely put a dent in it."

"Who cares! It's gone and you got a mission to finish if you want my help further!" That was true the plan despite the sudden attack had not changed.

"I might have caused a scene when I crashed a bar here in Gotham."
Chapter 3 - Nightmare unleashed

"If Bane knows where we are then we better get out of here. We have our plan, we just need to find the right manhole cover on the map and then make our way through the sewers."

Everyone had made their way back to the main area of the Iceberg Lounge when they heard a creaking sound. One of the giant chandelier's on the ceiling no doubt damaged in the attack of the colossus suddenly fell down, taking John Connor and some of Penguin's henchmen unfortunate enough to be standing under it. The impact killed the man instantly. "Someone help!" Bruce was the first one to try and save him but when he went to check for a pulse, "He's gone..." There was nothing they could do and they were running out of time.

"We...we have to press on...Cobblepot if it's not too much to ask."

"Don't worry Mr Wayne," The Penguin assured. "I'll do the necessary preparations. If Bane thinks coming here is going to deter me, he has another thing coming!"

With out much more fanfare the group made their way off the Iceberg Lounge. Once out of ear shot the Penguin turned to his henchmen. "Dump those corpses in the bay and get this place cleaned up! It looks like a disaster area!"

In the meantime the group had made their way back to the city area when they heard a whistling song coming from above. An object looking like a canister fell in their midst before it released a green gas that enveloped the group. When the smoke cleared they saw that their surrounding had turned far more...bizarre.

W2RUVmz.png

"Gotham has turned into some nightmare fueled hellscape wonderland!"
Aquawoman was not amused. What had been in that gas?

"This has the fingerprints of a man called Scarecrow all over them," Bruce replied grimly. "We have to move on though, hell or no hell. Everyone with me?" He turned to face the rest of the group. "Are we committed to the plan?"

Cast list:

@Minerva as Ann Takamaki
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki
@Neko Shogun as Aqua
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Takumi as Bishamon
@Lucky as Corey Bryant and Mason Hewitt
@Widowmaker as Dante
@Zireael as Geralt of Rivia
@Gummi Bunnies as Goro Majima
@thatguyinthestore as Harper Row - dead
@ThatAverageGuy as Jimmy
@dark as John Connor - dead
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Jotaro Kujo
@BarrenThin as Kroq-Gar
@Atomic Knight as Makoto Naegi
@Josh as Manchester Black
@Otto as Malzahar
@Kentucky as Officer K
@Okami as SCP-682
@Yun Lee as SeeU
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu
@belVita as Stanley Burrell
@York as Terry McGinnis
@Archmage Jeremiah as Trixie
@Sen as Vel'Koz​

IiW9t46.png

c27f830966a18d361f4d877d696b1019.jpg

"Uh huh. Yeah see, I'm an idealist, buddy. And those ideals involve killing anyone who gets in the way of me and a paycheck. And, while I'm not particularly getting paid for killing Bane, the guy is stopping me from potentially getting paid elsewhere. So first, I'm gonna cut off your head and have it sent to Bane as a nice little gift. Then when we get to Bane, I'll do the same to him, and put both your heads on my mantle. Hell, I'll probably even use that hood of yours as a new blanket."

As Felix was saying this, he had been loading up his assault rifle. Once he was finished, he'd take aim and attempt to shoot Scarecrow right between his eyes.

@Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies
Terry McGinnis
@Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore

A creature such as that, was quite bizarre indeed, but Terry holstered his explosive batarang, deciding to save it for a target that would actually be affected by it. Fortunately, the colossal beast appeared to have dove back beneath the waves, after claiming a few unfortunate lives in the process, but now... Having seen one of these Collosi up close, Terry knew exactly why fighting these things were not really an viable option.

These beasts were seemingly invulnerable to any physical damage, and thus... The only option they had left, was the source of Bane's control over their minds, and that was found in Blackgate. Thus, after parting with the Penguin, and losing another unfortunate group member to the Colossi's tremors, he trecked with the others towards Blackgate.

There was no time to mourn the fallen for now after all; many more lives were at stake if they didn't cut things off at their source, but unfortunately... It turns out their journey was crudely cut short by the clinking of some sort of gas canister.

Terry barely had time to cover his mouth, let alone scan the gas... And even though he did manage to make his suit slide a mouthpiece over his usually open mouth area, to form a makeshift gas mask, it was already too late. Whatever the gas was, he had already inhaled enough of it for it to take effect.

"Terry..."

He could hear a voice... Something... No... Someone, calling out to him through the static that was now coming through his comlink. It sounded almost like... ...

"Bruce?" He said out loud, only to be greeted by a period of silence.

"How could you let those people die..."

"... I... I don't-..." He stuttered.

Usually he'd have some witty comeback, some clever retort... But this time, something felt... Off; Terry's usual laid back mood was being invaded by a feeling that he had long thought to have been rid of... Fear...

His hands were beginning to shake, as that voice continued to speak out to him.

"You failed them... Terry... Just like you failed me... You don't-..."

At this point, Terry had mustered the will to tune out that voice in his head... That incessant voice... Pestering him... Mocking him... Perhaps the culmination of all the guilt he had felt about failing to save the lives of who knows how many these Colossi had claimed by now. Whatever that gas was, it multiplied the burden of that guilt by the thousands... So much so that it was almost... Crushing.

But... Yet... Terry was far from willing to give up the fight. Clenching his hands together as he powered through the voice over the comms he was hearing... Fighting the crushing feeling of fear that was slowly taking hold of him, even as his vision blurred, focusing on two, blurry patches he saw in front of him, which happened to be Felix, and the Scarecrow, both of which he could barely hear, through his own hallucinations and effects from that fear toxin.

However, as he stumbled his way closer, he could just barely make out the fact that Felix was raising a gun towards the Scarecrow... Intending to kill him... And raised an arm, intending to intervene.

"Give it up Terry. It's hopeless."

Came the voice again, as much as he tried to tune it out... He was able to register those words alone... Causing his arm to waver a little, but despite that, he refused to stray from his present course of action... And fired a batarang at Felix's weapon, intending to disarm Felix before he could deal a killing blow to the Scarecrow.

VMhc5nH.png

"No-one... ELse... Is dying today..." He hissed, between clenched teeth.

With that... Terry trudged forwards, arms raised, as he intended to fight the Scarecrow, up close and personal. Normally he would have fought more tactically, but then... Normally he was under old Bruce's cousel, but now... All he had in place of that, was his hallucinations from that gas he had inhaled... And a crippling sense of fear... But... Just like his old man... He'd fight till the bitter end, despite what circumstances he was faced with...​

Terry McGinnis
@Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Yun Lee @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore

A creature such as that, was quite bizarre indeed, but Terry holstered his explosive batarang, deciding to save it for a target that would actually be affected by it. Fortunately, the colossal beast appeared to have dove back beneath the waves, after claiming a few unfortunate lives in the process, but now... Having seen one of these Collosi up close, Terry knew exactly why fighting these things were not really an viable option.

These beasts were seemingly invulnerable to any physical damage, and thus... The only option they had left, was the source of Bane's control over their minds, and that was found in Blackgate. Thus, after parting with the Penguin, and losing another unfortunate group member to the Colossi's tremors, he trecked with the others towards Blackgate.

There was no time to mourn the fallen for now after all; many more lives were at stake if they didn't cut things off at their source, but unfortunately... It turns out their journey was crudely cut short by the clinking of some sort of gas canister.

Terry barely had time to cover his mouth, let alone scan the gas... And even though he did manage to make his suit slide a mouthpiece over his usually open mouth area, to form a makeshift gas mask, it was already too late. Whatever the gas was, he had already inhaled enough of it for it to take effect.

"Terry..."

He could hear a voice... Something... No... Someone, calling out to him through the static that was now coming through his comlink. It sounded almost like... ...

"Bruce?" He said out loud, only to be greeted by a period of silence.

"How could you let those people die..."

"... I... I don't-..." He stuttered.

Usually he'd have some witty comeback, some clever retort... But this time, something felt... Off; Terry's usual laid back mood was being invaded by a feeling that he had long thought to have been rid of... Fear...

His hands were beginning to shake, as that voice continued to speak out to him.

"You failed them... Terry... Just like you failed me... You don't-..."

At this point, Terry had mustered the will to tune out that voice in his head... That incessant voice... Pestering him... Mocking him... Perhaps the culmination of all the guilt he had felt about failing to save the lives of who knows how many these Colossi had claimed by now. Whatever that gas was, it multiplied the burden of that guilt by the thousands... So much so that it was almost... Crushing.

But... Yet... Terry was far from willing to give up the fight. Clenching his hands together as he powered through the voice over the comms he was hearing... Fighting the crushing feeling of fear that was slowly taking hold of him, even as his vision blurred, focusing on two, blurry patches he saw in front of him, which happened to be Felix, and the Scarecrow, both of which he could barely hear, through his own hallucinations and effects from that fear toxin.

However, as he stumbled his way closer, he could just barely make out the fact that Felix was raising a gun towards the Scarecrow... Intending to kill him... And raised an arm, intending to intervene.

"Give it up Terry. It's hopeless."

Came the voice again, as much as he tried to tune it out... He was able to register those words alone... Causing his arm to waver a little, but despite that, he refused to stray from his present course of action... And fired a batarang at Felix's weapon, intending to disarm Felix before he could deal a killing blow to the Scarecrow.

VMhc5nH.png

"No-one... ELse... Is dying today..." He hissed, between clenched teeth.

With that... Terry trudged forwards, arms raised, as he intended to fight the Scarecrow, up close and personal. Normally he would have fought more tactically, but then... Normally he was under old Bruce's cousel, but now... All he had in place of that, was his hallucinations from that gas he had inhaled... And a crippling sense of fear... But... Just like his old man... He'd fight till the bitter end, despite what circumstances he was faced with...​
Luckily for Felix (or unluckily in Terry's case), Felix saw the batarang coming towards his pistol and rose his shield before it could connect with the weapon.

latest

"Kid, you're not gonna get between my bullet and sack head over there. You don't want me killing him? Well tough shit." Felix replied dryly before raising his pistol yet again and attempting to shoot Scarecrow.

@York @Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT

IiW9t46.png

Staring down the scarecrow, Manchester frowned as his eyes glowed.

"I'm getting' real sick and tired of this bloody mess! I'm done been with this?you twat!"

Using his powers Manchester wanst' playing round as he tired to give the Scarecrow A seizure.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Yun Lee @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore

Corey and Mason

As everyone faced their greatest fears, Corey just stared. It wasn't that he was fearless as evident from all the times he had hide. It wasn't that. It was that he had already lived through this three times. A creature that had amplified his fear to the times when you look in its eyes. Compared to that, the fear gas was nothing. Yes, he feared the ghost rider. Yes, he feared Theo, but with each defeat and eventual redemption, it wasn't like he could feel it. But he took a deep breath and held Mason's hand.

He closed his eyes and drowned out the voices of doubt and opened his eyes when he looked at the scarecrow. " No, it can be conquered. I should know, I have done it before. I'm not fearless, but I don't fear what has passed. It's gone and all I can do is move forward."

Mason meanwhile had closed his eyes and held his nose. Some old advice from Scott and Bruce. " It can't amplify your fears if your eyes are closed."

@Jeremi

"Wait.. so that's not really Locus?" Felix asked before smirking behind his helmet. See, all he had to do was know that it wasn't real and Felix would he alright. So, Felix would instead shut his eyes and after a few moments, Locus would be gone.

"Well, that fuckin' sucked." He said before walking off towards their destination, not paying too much mind to the others, as usual.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crow @Widowmaker @Kentucky @Takumi @Ver

"Harper. I'm the girl who was crushed under the steel beams." Harper said, nodding in John from her cell.

@Jeremi @dark

LfmigT7.png

"John. I prefer "Connor."

"So Harper, what exactly is happening?

John was pacing around the cell, not intending to sit down, looking for something in particular.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

The attacks caused the gigantic Scarecrow to topple over and melt into the ground leaving nothing behind. "Fear guides your hand continuously. Lashing out like dogs on leashes." But his voice still persisted. "What is it that you actually seek? To hurt me or hurt yourselves through ignorance?"

"We seek to kill Bane!" SeeU's voice rang out as she tried to look around. Was that scarecrow just an illusion? "We're going to kill him and get rid of those giants! That way Gotham will be safer and innocent people won't die anymore!"

Ugh, all this hallucinating was ruining everything! "Ben! I would like a gas mask, please!" Maybe cutting off the gas could help, and gas masks did that, right?

@Jeremi @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun@Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky@Widowmaker @Crow @GummiBunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah@ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight@Lucky @belVita @dark

"We seek to kill Bane!" SeeU's voice rang out as she tried to look around. Was that scarecrow just an illusion? "We're going to kill him and get rid of those giants! That way Gotham will be safer and innocent people won't die anymore!"

Ugh, all this hallucinating was ruining everything! "Ben! I would like a gas mask, please!" Maybe cutting off the gas could help, and gas masks did that, right?

@Jeremi @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun@Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky@Widowmaker @Crow @GummiBunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah@ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight@Lucky @belVita @dark

"No one has agreed on the fact that Bane is going to be killed," Bruce responded into the air, which garnered a laugh from Scarecrow.

"So that is what this is? It always come back to fear. In this case, fear of the unknown! Why is Bane important? What makes him special? Or do you have a phobia of muscular men?"

Bruce beckoned them to follow. "We can talk and walk, unless Mister Cran would leave us alone?" The only response Bruce got to that was another laugh.

LfmigT7.png

"John. I prefer "Connor."

"So Harper, what exactly is happening?

John was pacing around the cell, not intending to sit down, looking for something in particular.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

Before Harper had any time to respond the doors to the cells opened as similar looking men from earlier came in to drag them away. "Good luck." The two managed to hear from the unknown man from the cell next to Harper before the double doors to the cellblock closed behind them.

After having been dragged through a few corridors they'd be met by a deafening sound.

Walking through the opening they saw a huge fighting arena surrounded by screaming and hollering people thirsting for blood. A door in the dome like structure opened and both John and Harper were pushed in on either side. As the noise started to die down a spotlight shone down on a balcony where Roulette was standing. "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to yet another exciting fight for your viewing pleasure! On the left we have Gotham's own Bluebird! And on the left we have...some old soldier type! Who will win this exciting battle I wonder? Will old age and brawn beat fast and young? I guess we just have to see to find out. Place your bets everyone! Who is going to leave that cage a winner!"

It appeared that the two were forced to fight, and with those collars one it was not hard to guess what happens if they don't.​

"Well, if we don't kill him, he'll just keep doing bad things! And Bane doesn't scare me, because I can't stop him if I'm afraid of him!" SeeU continued to talk as she tried to get Ben and herself moving along. Even to an evil scarecrow, talking was the polite thing to do.

@Jeremi @Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back