Soul Eater AU

Her hands are shaking so badly now she can barely hold the small knife steady. Her voice is full of fear, sadness, confusion, and a few other things too.
"Wha- what are you doing? Of course I don't trust you, I can't trust anyone anymore!" she falls silent for a moment, suddenly starting to cry again. "... I could answer the question that time..." she whispers to herself.

Crona decides to sit down where they they are for the time being before going closer. They where upset but kept themselves composed

Crona: What h-has brought this on?.. you trusted us enough to live with us y-yesterday

"... Yesterday I thought I would be safe here..." she refuses to make eye contact with them, shyly looking down at the ground. "The Shinigami didn't realize what I was, or he was nice enough to let me in anyway, but I bet one of your little meister friends have already figured it out. I-it's only a matter of time before one of you up and kill me. I bet Kid wouldn't even hesitate..."

Crona decides in this moment to just come out with the question, they decided they needed to know if they where going to be any help
Crona: What are you Shiko?

"I..." she's silent for a long moment, trying to come up with an answer. "I can't answer that. If I tell you, I'll just wind up dead!" Once the tears began falling, they didn't stop. "You probably already know anyway! It's so obvious! Stop torturing me with all these stupid questions I can't answer!!"
She seems extremely distressed, practically radiating fear and uncertainty as she hides her face in her arms and sobs quietly.

Crona shuffles themselves closer

Crona: I mean... I guess I do have an idea... you don't have to be scared, I won't harm you

"Nothing good will happen if you try to help. I'm gonna die no matter what happens, whether I get killed by a meister or a witch or I just end it myself. I can't just decide to not be afraid, it's not that easy..." silence for a moment. "Maybe I should just end this now. Save the others the trouble of killing me once I become... once I become a kishin..."

(Around this point it should become obvious that Shiko's extremely depressed and even somewhat suicidal. Once they know about this they'll start to notice that Shiko has a LOT of scars that she tries to cover up, both from her family hurting her and her hurting herself.)

Crona: Listen.. I-I hve only known you a few days but.. I like you. And I'm gonna make sure your death is from natural causes. Please don't end anything now..
Crona in their head 'that sounded worse then I thought it would.."

It seems as if she's going to agree for a moment, before she shakes her head suddenly. "No. No, you're just trying to break down my defenses. Well I won't let you do it. I'm not gonna let you torment me anymore..." she shakily rises to her feet. "I don't wanna suffer anymore... After all..." she finally makes eye contact with them, her eyes filled with a kind of scary darkness Crona knows all too well. "I seem to remember someone saying hell is inside your head."

Crona gets up and runs over to her

Crona: Please! Stop this! I promise it will get better and I know it’s hard right now but it will!

"I used to think it would get better."
She rolled back her sleeves a bit to reveal dozens of scars - some old and some new - criss-crossing up her forearms.
"I used to try so hard to keep smiling through it. Over time, that smile faded."
She unbuttoned the collar of her shirt, revealing another large scar going across her throat.
"It never got better. What makes you think now is any different than the past few years? Than my entire life so far? It's not going to get better, if anything it's getting worse, and I don't need some idiot human acting all concerned about me."

Crona: this is the time when we start to work on it together, so it will, I’m not sure how long it will take or how hard it will be, but we will

"I find that hard to believe. Plus, you know the rules at this stupid school... No one would think twice about killing a kishin, or someone whose soul became a kishin egg, and if I'm not at that point already I will be soon."

"Well yeah, he let me in but he didn't know! Still doesn't know..." she shook her head. "I can't tell Death. Even if he doesn't kill me on the spot because of what I am, the Shinigamis hate my family, they've been killing us for centuries. Even if Death himself can forgive everything I've done, his son probably won't..."

(What Shiko says here is true, the Shinigami and Devil families absolutely hate each other. Death and Kid didn't recognize her as one of them because she's been hidden away her whole life, they didn't even know there WAS a princess. And there's no doubt Kid would be angry if he found out his father let a kishin/near-kishin into the school. But they'll ultimately have pity for the poor child, since she's been abused her whole life and it isn't her fault she's like this.)

Crona: We can deal with Kid... it’s fine. I just really think we need to tell an adult and he is the best person I can think of..

"I don't like being close to humans... I'm not used to talking to people yet either..." she looked down at the ground in shyness and shame. "Up until now I was hidden from the world. My brothers said a weakling like me shouldn't even show their face... that I'm useless and an inconvenience to everyone..."

Crona: Well... from knowing you for the little time I have I already know there are wrong. Come on.. lets make our way back home, unless you want to see death now?

Back