Spellheart

Momoko looks a little hurt, but it doesn't last for long. Her eyes widen at the suit. "That is a nice one," she admits, taking it from Marcy. "I'll go try it on!" She says, stepping into the dressing room. A minute or so later, she moves the curtain out of the way. The clothes do suit her quite well, and Momoko seems to think the same from the smile on her face. "Okay, you're good at this. Not fair."

Marcy smiles an egotistical smile that seems to lord over Momoko in a surprisingly playful way, "Maybe you'll get on my level someday." Marcy then takes the time to examine her work. She is actually caught staring, as she did a better job than she expected. Momoko's hair and eyes not only popped from her choice, but it gave her a bold sense of personality that actually somewhat intimidated her. Coughing she turns away, hoping that she didn't manage to get a nosebleed like last time. "That... looks good on you, you know..."

Momoko rolls her eyes. "You're so encouraging!" She replies, hands on her hips. She half-closes the curtain, and stops when Marcy compliments her. Her eyebrows raise in surprise. "Was that a compliment I just heard?" She teases, pushing the curtain back open again.

Marcy retorts right back, "Oh shut it you..." Marcy throws on the shirt. Although it went by without much notice due to the fact Marcy had mostly been in the dressing room before, her odd way of appraising herself become apparent when she looks herself over rather than simply using one of the many mirrors around the store. Coming up to Momoko, she once again bashfully asks, "So, does it look ok?"

Momoko grins, leaning against the side of the dressing room. She looks the shirt up and down and shrugs. "Looks okay to me, but you just had to pick me out a swimsuit like I'm ten," she points out, pinching the bottom of the suit. She points to the mirror behind her. "Take a look for yourself."

Marcy looks hesitantly, before quickly looking away, and changing forms. Once she does she no longer fits in the swimsuit, but they simply lay there harmlessly over her street clothes. Taking off the garments, Marcy laughs nervously before looking a bit dejected. Trying to play off the incident as non-serious, "Maybe I should pick out something, more my age."

Momoko blinks a few times. "How do you do that?" She whispers. She winces at Marcy's reaction. "Well, I mean, you could buy that and just stay the same when you wear it?" She proposed, pointing to the clothes.

Marcy holds the swimsuit in her hands, looking rather vulnerable at the moment. "I mean, did it look ok? I didn't get to see."

Momoko nods quickly, eager to reassure. "Yeah!" She says as if it was one of the most well-known things in Spellheart. "You looked pretty cool in it, actually!" She adds with a smile.

Marcy gives her a sweet smile, "I guess, I'll get this then. But, I'm a little surprised. Most people don't like that part of me. I'd probably be more pleasant if I planned to go in this form. Are you sure you won't regret it?"

Momoko opens her mouth, the reassuring words freezing in her throat for a second. She smiles tentatively. "If you promise not to be too horrible," she says, pointing at Marcy playfully.

Equally playfully, "You're awful." The young girl takes her things to the counter to confirm the change in inventory. However, she is so small that she can't even be seen by the store attendant without jumping or otherwise causing a scene. So instead she looks towards Momoko expectantly.

Momoko snickers, then retreats behind the curtain again to get dressed. When she comes back out with the swim suit folded in her arms, she spots Marcy and can't help but snicker a little. "Oh my god," she says under her breath as she walks up to the counter. "This is adorable." She teases as she takes the suit from Marcy. "Excuse me?" She says to the person at the counter.

The store clerk is quite helpful, checking the items out of the system quickly, then bidding the pair a nice day. Once again, Marcy takes hold of Momoko's hand. As was illustrated by the clerk, there indeed was a real chance of someone her size getting lost and separated in a crowd. They killed some time with shopping, and to their credit, the line at Finest hour had significantly diminished. In fact, something seemed wrong. Certainly eating lunch at 2:00PM wasn't exactly prime lunch time, but there should be some people here. Instead, the place looked nearly abandoned. The only person to be seen was one distressed hostess.

Momoko shuffles the plastic bag with the clothes in her left hand while holding tightly onto Marcy's with the other, not really wanting to be responsible for the loss of a child, even if they aren't a child all the time. She pushes the bag up onto her shoulder to pull out her crystal ball, but freezes mid-action when they enter the Finest Hour. She blinks a few times at the silence, having braced herself for a bit of noise. "Uh..." she looks around, her eyes falling on the hostess. "Hey, is everything alright?" She asks, taking a few steps forward.

The hostess seems more or less composed but definitely stressed out. "I wouldn't say everything is alright, but I regret to inform you that we had to shut off our illusionspace projection system due to a security breach. If you would still like to eat here, it would be my pleasure to seat you, but I understand if you would rather take your business elsewhere."

Momoko blinks a few times in shock. "Hell..." she whispers to herself. A security breach...like a hack? How good of a hacker would you even have to be to get into an Illusionspace? She looks down at Marcy. "Are you...still wanting to eat here?" She asks.

Marcy looks with concern, "I think I'm a little nervous to eat here after hearing that, but also, I sort of feel bad for this place. They worked so hard to make this place a success, only for this to happen to them during their grand opening. If it were Amiko, I think she'd eat here, so I want to stay in spite of myself, you know."

Momoko chuckles. "Alright, in honour of Amiko, then," she teases, pulling her crystal ball out of her pocket and firing a quick text to Hinata. In all honesty, Momoko doesn't really want to eat at someplace that may have just been attacked, but if it's what Marcy wants to do, then she guesses she can tolerate it. She looks back to the hostess. "Table for two, please?" She says, holding up two fingers.

The hostess looks surprised at first, then relieved, but then almost guilty. She had heard Marcy's reasons for staying, and naturally, that impacted her in a complex way. Almost trying to talk her out of it, "I think it has been awhile since I saw a young girl who behaved so selflessly. You know that we'll be just fine if you don't want to eat here right? Just hearing that you are thinking about us will make us work harder to make Finest Hour great."

Marcy looks bashful but sincere, "I know that I don't have to do it. In the end, it probably won't change your situation. But, if I'm willing to run away when the stakes are low, then what is going to happen when the stakes couldn't be higher? I want to help because that makes me better at helping, you know."

The hostess can barely contain herself with how precious this child was. Now with a fire in her eyes, she was dedicated to making sure their dining experience was the best possible. "In that case, let me bring you to your table right away. I can't promise we can get the displays back up, but I happen to have the next best thing." Turning to face Momoko, "And by the way, your little sister is precious, I'm jealous."

Taking the pair to the first room on their left, the room does feel rather out of place without the giant projection field down. Taking the centerpiece away from the room definitely made the place feel empty, but it was this quiet and empty feeling that made Marcy feel more comfortable with the situation as a whole. Thinking on the attack, she doesn't have much to say to Momoko herself.

Back