Spellheart

Amiko continues her journey forward, though she doesn't move quickly. More like, she remains at a walking pace. "I think its mostly just important to not allow our opponent's to get an easy shot off on us. The lines of sight are constantly changing due to the movement of the walls. If we can't predict the way the walls are going to change, we never know if we are going to be seen, nor from which angle. So, the best course of action is to narrow the window of opportunity by constantly changing the angles. If we see them for even a moment, we'll adjust our plans accordingly."

Momoko nods, doing her best to follow what Amiko says. "Got it. The dummy'll take any attacks they throw at us, at least for one turn." She prods the floating thing with the tip of her sword and watches it rock back and forth like a weighted doll for just a second. She suppresses a smile and turns her focus back to the spaces that appear and disappear as the walls shuffle around, highly aware that at any second any sort of attack could rain down on them. As she walks, she keeps her free hand - her right one - on the wall, flinching every time it can't find solid rock. She is constantly ready to slice out at anything that moves.

Another 15 seconds pass with the pair simply moving about the maze before Momoko gets a glimpse of the other pair. It was too dark to see them, and it was only for a moment since a wall quickly blocked them, but she definitely saw two figures moving about the maze together.

Momoko's eyes widen at the two dark figures and she freezes in place. She blinks a few times, then realises that they've not got any time to doubt themselves. "Amiko," she begins, reaching out and taking a hold of Amiko's elbow. "I saw them, just there, for sure." She says, voice low. She pokes the moving wall with the tip of her scimitar. "The wall's moved back over now, but they're in this sort of direction."

Amiko nods understandingly, "In that case, we need to head the other direction. If you saw them, they probably saw you, and I'm not ready to fight just yet. I might need you to buy us some time." Amiko picks up the pace to a jog. At this speed, sticking together would prove impossible if Momoko didn't turn to face Amiko from behind. Off in the distance, she can hear the pitter-patter of feet among the shifting walls. A fight would soon be at hand.

Momoko gives a slight smile and a firm nod. "I can do that." She says. She starts to jog after Amiko, paying close attention to the sound of feet coming closer. With a small huff, she casts Snowstorm (Offensive, 15) in the hopes that it would disorientate the other mages so that they could get more distance. "How much more time are you gonna need?" She asks, turning back around to keep up with her ally.

Last edited:
Amiko continues moving forward. "I'm going to need another 30 seconds. If everything goes as planned, that spell of your's will buy us another fifteen seconds as they try to circumnavigate it. Just hang in there a bit longer." Voices can be heard from afar, "Hey girls, no reason to run. We just want an honest fight. Hurry up and face us so we can get this over with already."

Momoko smiles. "Easy," she remarks, simply radiating confidence. Behind them, the air seems to turn frigid and clouds up with frost and little crystals of ice. Momoko glances over her shoulder and smirks at the outcome, before turning back to the front and picking up the pace slightly, just one or two footsteps behind Amiko. At the sound of the voices, she takes a deep breath in as if to shout back, but she stops herself just before, unwilling to give away their location.

As Amiko predicted, it took their pursuers quite some time to get around the snowy mess that Momoko created behind them. However, it wouldn't last too long. Now that their position was exposed, their enemies could hear them. Naturally, this came both ways, but soon the girls found themselves against the edge of the maze. With nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, Amiko pulls her weapon from the Aether. In the dark, the purple glowing sythes draw more than a little bit of attention to herself. While certainly visually intimidating, it certainly highlights why Amiko waited till just this moment to draw her weapon. Amiko whispers to Momoko. "Just ten more seconds."

Momoko stares at the unmoving edge wall of the maze and grits her teeth together. She turns to look at Amiko's weapon and her eyebrows raise in awe, now feeling a little self conscious about her own weapon, now looking very sad in the dim blue light. She nods. "Got it," she whispers back. The dummy still floats around, bobbing slightly in the air. Using her elbow, Momoko nudges it forwards so that the attacks could be more easily absorbed. At the same time, she casts Dart Fire (Offensive, 5).

As the duo of boys rounds the corner, one immediately casts Phoenix Fire (20, Offense), causing a fierce ball of blue fire to rocket towards Amiko like a bullet. Exuding confidence, "I've been wanting to get off that shot all day. Nobody can withstand my one shot kill technique!" True to his word, the spell did have the firepower needed to neutralize a mage even through a heavy ward should they find themselves unable to defend.

The other boy draws his Katana, forming Blade Wind (10, Offense). Running right towards Momoko, his goal was clear. Do everything possible to distract Momoko from helping her partner.

Amiko merely stands her ground, waiting for the opportunity to unleash her massive spell. "Momoko, do your best."

Momoko watches the fireball swoop through the air. As quickly as she can, she shoves the Dummy into the line of fire. Under normal circumstances it would swallow the spell whole and live to take another attack, but the volume of the powerful spell was so much that the Dummy was gone in a second, and even still there were plenty small spits of fire. Using the Dart Fire spell, she eliminates these sparks before they can do any damage.

Though she wishes she could take a moment to rub that in, she's very aware of the approaching attacker. She shows off her own Scimitar and smiles a little, but stands her ground. Yet again, she casts Dummy (10, Defensive) not for herself but for Amiko to use to defend herself somewhat. Momoko focuses more on the oncoming attacker, holding her blade to defend rather than attack.

Even in spite of Momoko's best efforts, some of the Phoenix Fire attack lands on Amiko's shield, revealing its special properties. Suddenly, Momoko finds her attacker gone. Phoenix Fire allowed the silver-haired boy to transport right into melee range of Amiko, bypassing Momoko entirely. With Momoko's defense still in the process of casting, Amiko had nothing between her and the attack. The silver-haired boy unleashes his Blade Wind spell, summoning forth a torrent of razor wind, which shreds through Amiko's ward, leaving her totally defenseless. Blade Wind's special effect gives the caster a free null cast spell on impact, giving the silver-haired boy Take Breath(0, Offense). No longer able to protect herself from being the target of spells, Amiko knows that this spell could end her, even as she casts her finisher. And so, Amiko ignores her own well-being, taking a katana to the shoulder in order to slash Take Breath with her weapon, causing it to break. Crying out with pain, Amiko flails her weapon wildly towards the silver haired boy to give her some space. Then, the moment he back away, Amiko shouts, "Momoko, make yourself small."

Jumping backward into the wall of the maze to create even more space, Amiko unleashes the awesome power of her Astral Storm. With both enemies in sight, this would be the end of the fight. Magical energy flooded from Amiko's hand in the form of countless purple energy slashes that came at a rate so intense that one could hardly distinguish it from a beam if its trajectory wasn't so wild. Whipping around the trajectory like a whip, Amiko doesn't merely shatter the wards of her enemies. They are reduced to nothingness, with not even a bloodstain to remind one they had existed. Although the actual attack only lasts for about two seconds, those in the presence of the attack could feel time slow down, making it seem to go on for several minutes. Then, the dark returned, no longer illuminated by the intense light from the attack. Momoko made it out unscathed, and a voice flooded the world. "The winner of this match is Momoko Silverblade and Amiko Windflurry. You will be ejected from this illusionspace automatically in 60 seconds. In this time, determine if you would like to retain your memories of this match."

Amiko falls to her knees, holding onto her shoulder, Amiko somehow still looks relieved, even in spite of the obvious pain, "We did it. We really won!"

Though she wasn't hurt, Momoko still cries out as she watches one of the boys attack Amiko. 'How the hell did he do that?!' She thinks as she spins on her heel and lashes out powerfully with her own blade, not getting the opportunity to do much real damage as the boy steps back and away from Amiko. She goes to follow the boy that had attacked with intent of revenge, but then hears Amiko's warning. She makes a sound of confusion, but trusts her ally blindly and throws herself against the maze's edge wall, pressing herself in as far as she can muster.

The massive destruction tears Momoko's attention away from everything else, and she forgets about blinking, breathing and moving all at once as she watches the bright attack destroy everything that was once two boys. Once it ends, she finally relaxes, squeezing her eyes shut and letting go of the breath that she had held. "That was...unexpected," she whispers to herself, opening her eyes. She looks over at Amiko as the voice speaks and pushes herself off of the wall, shuffling over to Amiko's side.

She kneels down on the ground next to Amiko, feeling exhausted. "That was awesome!" She whoops with a giggle, clapping her hands together once. She sighs and tips her head slightly up to the ceiling. "I'd like to remember that, please," she says to the ceiling, then looks back to Amiko. "Seriously, I'm jealous. That was so cool."

Amiko leans against the wall of the maze, "It was pretty cool, but it was also only possible because of your actions. If you hadn't guarded me in exactly the way you did, I would have been killed before doing anything at all. That's the problem with trying to win with big impressive skills, but I couldn't think of another way to win at the time. Looking back though, maybe we could have baited out the sniper, then you could outduel the other boy. Probably would have been less risky too."

Momoko shrugs. "Well I mean, I could have done it in a better way so you didn't end up hurt at all," she points out. She opens her mouth to try and offer up a way that she could have done it, but she can't seem to think of anything at the moment and she shuts her mouth again. She laughs and shakes her head. "What we did was good. We get to go for celebration food now!" She laughs again.

Amiko nods with a smile on her face that disappears with the evacuation of the illusionspace. As Momoko regains her senses, all the details are as to be expected. The official dutifully watches, the orbs are all in place, and Momoko herself feels perfectly normal. The only thing missing... is Amiko.

Momoko opens her eyes when she feels everything change back. She blinks a few times and turns to look around the room, and is stunned when she notices that Amiko isn't there. "Ah...?" She gives the official a curious look. "Is...there something wrong?" She asks slowly, looking at all the orbs carefully.

The official seems uptight as ever, "Your match concluded with no technical difficulties nor security breaches. In addition, the suspect was successfully transferred to the proper authorities."

Momoko's jaw drops and her eyes widen. "Wh-what do you mean?" She asks, her skin tone paling. Suspect? Proper authorities? She doesn't break eye contact with the official as she tries to rethink what had just happened. Was Amiko...a criminal? No, that couldn't be right. She put a hand to her temple as she closed her mouth. 'Maybe...maybe that's why everyone was giving her those funny looks? And that feeling that I knew her...'

Back