Stahlhiem: College of Magic (Rebooted!) IC

"....Nothing. For now from the fact you are here, I assume you actually are for the old man in our custody." He replied. "And I assume you know that if you don't do everything I wish of you then we'll execute him without hesitation. If so then I want you to find a book called 'The Deep Woods.' Read it and tell me what you have learned." He ordered and he left the room. When the Patriarch exited the room, the mist follows him and Theu stops, allowing the figure to form. It speaks in a language unknown to all but Theu as he replies. "Yes, yes I know....just a bit longer.....yes longer....fine....I shall do what I can, but I cannot promise anything.....you shall keep your part of the deal? That I shall get my reward?....Good then it is settled...." The figure disappears back into formless mist as the Patriarch leaves the college.

Time Skip, the next morning- Class

After eating breakfast Kodner grabs his bag and heads off to his class with the other students. When he reaches the class he takes his seat and brings out a note book with a quill and ink.

Coro had returned to her dorm that night only to get no sleep. The next morning coro just picked at her breakfast not really eating anything and bye the time class started she fell asleep as soon as she sat down.

Master Volker - 1st Year Classroom

"Now class, I know the excitement of yesterday might have some of you rather tired, but that is no excuse for laziness. Now take out your books and go to pages 252, the use of magic within domestic and military life." Ordered the Master Metal Mage

Master Heinrich - 2nd Year Classroom

Hearing the measured breathing of a sleeping student the blind old mage walks over to the student and quickly slaps the sleeping 2nd year's head with a ruler. "Wake up! I know you might be rather tired due to yesterday's festivities, but you must be polite. This IS still a classroom." He told the student.

'Crap crap crap I overslept!' Harrison screams mentally as he barrels his way down towards wherw he had been told the clsss was being held. 'How had I not noticed Kodner leaving? That stupid godsdamn foodfight!' Finding the class, he grabs hold of the handle.

Throwing open the door to the classroom, eyes wide with panic, Harrison is met with stares from the entire class as they all paused for a second in opening their books to look at the giant beast man. Taking a few seconds to register the information, Harrison is suddenly flushed with embarrassment. "S-s-sorry sir. G-got lost." He says before quickly making his way over to the closest possible seat available, the seat creaking underneath his weight as he looks at the person's textbook next to him and pulls out the book, still to the utter silence of the class. Hiding his face, behind the book, he wished for the class to resume.

While taking notes Kodner heard thumping in the hallway next to him. He turned to the hallway until the thumping went away.

"Huh," He thought to himself, "Who could that be at this time?"

Simon woke with drowsy eyes after the events of last night. He wasn't sure what to do now, Theu had Coro under his thumb and Headmaster Waltherus still hasn't given him a sign that the message Simon gave to his office was actually received. Trying to figure the night out was exhausting and Simon looked even more haggard than usual but he knew that Theu Wanted some book so he decided to start with that after class.

Once he entered the classroom, he dealt with his misery as he would have always and that was by snarking as much as possible "Who are we being polite to the classroom? Can't we be miserable and study at the same time isn't that how classrooms are anyway" he said to nobody in particular. He had no regrets even though he realized it was kind of lame and he took his supplies out of his giant backpack.

The Master was a bit miffed at the rude comment, but simply chalked it up to hormones. "If you do not fix your attitude, then you might have the pleasure of resting on the blades of the enemy, or Ulrich forbids, the blades of your fellow townsfolk. Many rude and arrogant mages had their lives tragically shortened by the simple fact that they do not have proper manners." He told the student. "But enough of that. I want you all to open your theory books to page 419. Today I shall begin to teach you about applications of magic to better yourselves and that of your fellow people."

Master Aldermann - 4th Year Classroom

Inside of the classrom the 4th year students were quietly writing down notes as Harrison opens up the door and apologizes for being late. The Teacher and students simply waits and watches as the beastman takes a seat. Half of the students just stared at the student while the other half looked to the Master Psyker mage to see what she would do. Master Aldermann quickly uses a flash of her magic to gather the identity of the student before clearing her throat to get the Beastman's attention. "If you would be so kind Mr. Smitt, but where do you believe you are?" She asks him

Confused at the question, Harrison looks around, suspicions rising. Noting the relative ages of everyone in the classroom, it suddenly clicked with him. Sighing, he looks up at the teacher. "I'm in the wrong class aren't I?" He asks her, before grabbing his crap and standing up, chair little more than a splintered mess, and heading for the door. "Do you know where the first years are miss?" He asks her, wanting to leave as soon as possible, embarrassment coursing through him.

Master Aldermann - 4th Year Classroom

The teacher simply projects a map of the location of the 1st year classroom for the lost Student. "There. That should be suffice. You might want to hurry too. The current master of the 1st Years isn't in a good place right now, with the lost of his brother and all, and you might get in more trouble then you really would." She told him.

Trying to grab the map for a second, Harrison lets out a small gasp of surprise when his hand just goes through it. Looking at the master and back, he decides he didn't have time to deal with that for now and peered at the map, trying to memorise it, before exiting the classroom slowly. The moment he gently shuts the door, he sprints his way down the halls, quickly locating the new classroom.

Bursting through the door, he spots Kodner and knows he's in the right place as Harrison calls to the teacher. "So sorry sir I mixed up my classrooms!" He says, before quickly finding a seat near Kodner and pulling out his book.

Simon - 2nd Year Classroom

Simon thought that maybe speaking up wasn't a good idea but the well of his sarcasm was far from empty "I mean blades aren't very comfortable and I don't think somebody who hates me would let me sleep onto of their weapon" he said with a smirk "I also doubt that anybody stupid enough to die because of bad manner would be smart enough to live for too long"

Simon started to flip through his textbook "So master Heinrich, Are we going over enchantments or are we going to go in depth about magic specializations.?"

Last edited:
Master Vilker - 1st Year Classroom

The Master Mage simply sighed. "There is one in every class I suppose." He commented. "Now as per our subject, I want each one of you to tell me how your specific School of Magic can benefit the society as a whole? Why doesn't our late student start off the questions?"

Heinrich didn't like being challenged by the student and resolved to deal with it after class, but still he needed to keep his composure for the lesson. "Either or. They share the same results really. We are focusing on how your magical abilities can help your fellow man. Any examples? Class?" He asks.

'Bloody hells I'm screwed.' Thought Harrison as he glanced at Kodner, nodding to accept his apology, thinking. 'What could an ice mage do to benefit society? Cold places are good with food, so maybe that? Or what about defending the kingdom by slowing and starving invading armies?' He mulled over the topic.

After about ten seconds of silence, he hesitantly answered the teacher. Holding his hand up, he freezes it instantly in ice to show his school. 'We could help with the storage of food? Allow large travelling groups to keep food and temperature critical items from spoiling...?" He says, inwardly cringing.

coro was sadly woken up when the teacher hit her but was listening to simon and his sarcasm with amusement. coro soon grew bored mainly because of the lesson she had no interest in helping people only herself and those she cared for.

Master Volker - 1st Year Class

"...decent enough answer...but no. Most field rations are designed and created to last months, sometimes years without showing signs of decay. To use precious magic to keep such supplies fresh would be a nothing more then a waste. Next student." Volker demanded.

Simon - 2st Year Classroom

Simon raised his hand and answered "Well the most obvious would be the use of nature, ice and animal mages in the growth of agriculture, The manufacture of good by metal and fire mages and lastly of course for any mage to serve in their countries perspective military where their power can cut down armies of undead like wheat" He said still with a cocky smile "Of course there are more but that was what came off the top of my head"

Last edited:

"Yes, yes that is correct." He told the man. "But tell me, if magic is so useful in life, why isn't it used more often to benefit the lives of people?" The Mage asked.

Back