Stahlhiem College of Magic

...This was not good. Steven had been planning on using his string to find his way out if and when he got lost again. Oh well, at least he had the map he was making...

Steven looked at the map.

It said: "404 ERROR DATA NOT FOUND" in rough, large handwriting.

Steven looked back up. The goblin was no longer there, and it appeared that the string was tied to a red string leading forwards. He decided to walk away from the direction the string was leading, while still unraveling string behind him.

Vulmar paced himself as he walked through the streets. He couldn't care less if Ella could keep up or not, but for one reason or another he felt uneasy, as if someone was hunting him. He kept his hand on his pistol just in case. The Witch Hunter looked back at Ella to find that he had been rushing and had already walked a good distance away from Ella. A thought raced through Vulmar's mind, he could leave her and use her as bait to draw out any suspicious characters, but he couldn't, in good conscience. Instead he stopped and waited. He told her

"Keep up with my pace. You don't want to be stuck out here during the dark." He said, in a grim tone, trying to scare her to move faster. He didn't want to be out here any longer then he needs to be. As he waits however, a familiar and vile scent flows by his nose, the scent of blood and death. Vulmar draws places his hand on his saber and readies to draw, just in case.

Ella pressed on and picked up the pace. She was rather peeved at the sudden change of speed, but she kept her head down as she couldn't bring up the nerve to look the Witch Hunter in the eye. Vulmar waited in the light of a torch post as the young lady caught up him. Vulmar stared at her for a few seconds before looking up at the moon in the clear sky.

"The night's still young. Let us go. Best not be ambushed in this part of the Housing District." Said Vulmar and the two continued marched on though the street. Half an hour and a mile had past. They had stopped to rest just next to a public water pump, which Vulmar was using to fill his flask. He takes a deep drink from the metal flask before refilling it and offering the drink to Ella. She took it, all the while making sure not to make eye contact with Vulmar. The Witch Hunter stared at her while she drank, purposefully making it uncomfortable and awkward for the young lady when she finished she handed Vulmar the flask. "...I assume they taught you manners where you were born?"

"Thanks...for the drink." Said Ella, with hints of nervousness and discomfort.

"It's strange. From what I had heard you were rather chatty. I assume you did not remove your tongue in the short time we've been here." He said mockingly. "Being in a situation such as this, I had thought you would have more to comment on." Ella tried to resist his words. Vulmar was clearly trying to get a rise from her, but for what she didn't know.

"I'm being punished and complaining about it won't make it go away." She calmly replied. Seeing that he was able to get her to talk, Vulmar continued.

"Do you feel regret? About what you did? About the people you harmed? Not just your teacher but for the Prince as well?" Ella shook her head but Vulmar sternly opposed her decision. "I want you to talk to me. Whether or not it will be the right thing to say, it matters not." Ella looked at the floor for a second, thinking of what to say and she chose the obvious one.

"Thal deserved it. He was insulting my teacher, your lover, and he attacked me. I regret that my actions caused Ms. Borghild to be in the state she is now, but I don't regret what has happened to Thal." She stated. Vulmar took in her words and found it acceptable, at least for now. He refilled the flask before capping it.

"Rest is over. It is time to continue." Ella nods and stood up. The two continued on the patrol path.

Back