Pokemon: Journeys of Anteceon The Blackberry City Pokemon Center

Audrey threw her block into the air and Charley caught it up in his beak. He ate it while Audrey walked up to the counter beside Anthony. The Chatot had already been healed, Audrey having insisted that he just be giving potion so she wouldn't be without him. She never wanted to be without him again. After... After being in that cave and not being able to call for help.... Audrey shook her head slightly, driving the thoughts out of her mind.
"Is Cotton ok?" Charley asked, then gave his trainer a strange look. She had started to say something else, but stopped.

Sicily gave Charlie a mischievous smile. "You're not so old as to not have another kid. It's just a matter of finding an eligible bachelor. I will admit, that you're pickings here are slim, but the cities get bigger as you go farther along." The psychic said smiling.

Anthony looked at Cotton's crystal and he didn't know if he really was able to face his pokemon after what had happened. He took a deep breath, and held out his crystal. "Cotton come out." He said, and the crystal launched out Cotton. The Fennekin popped out, curled up in a ball. Anthony watched with anticipation, and the pokemon's ear perked up and she stood up, looking 100% fine. Cotton walked up to Anthony, and Anthony carefully reached out, not wanting to spook the pokemon. He didn't need to do anything else as the pokemon walked up to his legs and rubbed up against her master with a smile on her face. She was just happy to be with her master, and Anthony nearly cried, picking up the pokemon and hugging her gently.

Charlie chuckled a bit. "Thanks I'll keep that in mind." She replied "Right now though, I just want to relax and just...live a little. I got a lot of money saved so I might do a bit of eating out and shopping, but I really just want to stay indoors and take it easy for once."

Audrey signed in relief after seeing Cotton safe and healthy. Tears welled up in her eyes and Audrey quickly turned away, heading towards the entrance. She caught her mother's eye and signed that she was going outside. The young trainer took a deep breath of the cold air, trying to steady her nerves. She was relived beyond belief that Cotton was okay. After everything that they had been through, Audrey had been terrified that Cotton had been hurt, but she was okay. Everything was going to be okay.

"Well, if you're every in need of company....." Sicily said her voice trailing off when she caught sight of her daughter. "Hey, I'll be right back. She said absently, following Audrey outside. Audrey was crying and Sicily walked over to her daughter and just hugged her. Audrey hugged her mother back. Nothing was said. Just being there was enough.

Anthony watch Audrey and her mother leave the lobby. The two probably needed some time to themselves, he thought. Robin had at that point begun unintentionally terrifying Cotton, flying up close to the pokemon and staring at her with its large eyes. This made Cotton to curl up, burying her face in her tail, much to the bird's confusion. Anthony chuckled a bit, and got Robin to stop by recalling her back into the crystal, as well as Cotton. He walks over to his mother and sat next to her. The air became tense as Anthony saw that his mother wasn't in the best state at the moment.

"Anthony..." Charlie started. "You know that I love you right? And that I would do anything to keep you happy and safe?"

"Yeah mom. You and dad always looked out for me." He replied

"Anthony...do you...miss your father?" She asks and Anthony hesitated to answer. He wasn't expecting his mother to say something like that. He looked into her eyes and she looked back, as if pleading for an answer.

"I-I guess? Why are you asking?"

"....Anthony, what would you say if I...sent you to Hoenn, to live with your father?" Anthony really wasn't expecting her to ask something like that. He didn't know how to process the question much less answer it.

"Mom what are you saying?"

"As your mother...I could do anything to keep you happy and healthy, but when I need to choose between the two, I will always choose safety over happiness. After today, I think it would be better and safer for you to live with your father." Anthony was stunned. He felt like his own mother was throwing him away, but on some level he understood why she said that. Still he didn't want to move again. He just wanted to settle down, and he didn't want to abandon the friends that he has made. But looking at his mother one last time he couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"I...I'll think about it." He replied and he clenched his fists. Charlie was somewhat relieved as she leaned back and took slow measured breathes. Before she knew it, she was asleep and Anthony knew it. He cursed himself for not saying anything more to his mother, but he thought what might have happened if he caused her more stress.

Last edited:
The two just hugged it out for awhile, the Audrey pulled away, wiping the tears from her eyes and trying to steady her breath. She signed to her mother and Sicily laughed.
"If you insist!" The mother said, putting her arm around Audrey's shoulder and the pair re entered the Pokecenter.
Audrey whisper to get Anthony's attention, grinning. Charley sat on her head looking proud and important. Audrey came and stood Infront of Anthony and signed, Charley making it audible.
"I challenge you to a battle!" Charley said, flapping his wings.

Anthony was rather confused. Audrey just challenged him out of nowhere, and without even thinking he accepts.

"Uh...yeah sure." He replied. Anthony immediately regreted his decision but it was too late. He couldn't back out now. "I guess....we'll take it outside? The center usually has an arena out back I think..." He walks out to the back and sure enough there was the battle field, paved with dirt. He walks out to the field and takes his side. "Ready when you are!"

Audrey smiled wide, following Anthony outside, pulling out Munchie's crystal and sending her onto the battlefield. Audrey knew she was at a disadvantage, only two pokemon to Anthony's three and she couldn't switch in Charley and risk him fainting, otherwise she wouldn't be able to direct Munchies. She kneels down and rubs the munchlax's head, before standing up and giving Anthony a thumbs up.

"Ok...let's see..." Anthony looked over his pokemon's crystal and after a minute of thinking he decided on his pick. "Go Robin!" He said, sending out his Rowlet. The pokemon flies onto the field and faced its opponent head on. "Alright now...Robin use confuse ray!" He called out, and Robin sprung into action, taking flight and firing off two sinister rays from its eyes, at the Munchlax.

Munchies stared at Robin, the glowing beams mesmerizing her.
"Munchies! Yawn!" Said Charley. Being far to interested in the pretty bird, the Munchlax takes a step forward, arms reached out for Robin, and trips on a rock, falling on her face. Audrey cringed, clapping anyway. Charley said, "Good try! Just get up and walk it off!" The munchlax gets back on her feet, looking for the bird.

"It's just a scratch!" Said Anthony, trying to encourage the Munchlax, but he quickly realized that he was cheering for the enemy team. "Robin use Leafage!" He ordered. Robin's wings began to glow and she did a hard flap, sending out a flurry of glowing leaves at the downed Munchlax.

Munchies crossed her stubby arms over her face, protecting her face from the worst of it. Once the storm had died, Charley called out, "Body Slam!". The munchlax shook her head and jumped into the air with amazing grace. She landed firmly on top of Robin, bringing her to the ground. Audrey whistled happily, Charley fluttering his wings.

Anthony looked away when Munchie landed on the ground. He was relieved though when Robin crawled out of from under the Munchlax, relatively unharmed. "Robin use peck!" With Robin so close to Munchie, she had no problem with repeatedly pecking the Munchlax with everything she had.

Munchies backed up, eyes scrunched, arms trying to fight off the strikes. However it was unsuccessful and she fell backwards, unconscious. Audrey frowned and called the munchlax back into her crystal. She nodded at Charley who flew into the battlefield.

"Great work Robin!" Said Anthony and Robin chirped approvingly. "Ok now her only pokemon's Charley...Robin take a rest." Anthony takes out Cotton's crystal and lets her onto the battlefield, as Robin flies over to underneath a shady tree to roost.

Audrey grinned widder. The two of them had been together so long that Audrey only needed to think and Charley would know. Audrey whistled high and winding, the Chatot responding in kind by flying over Cotton and spouting nonsense at her, using chatter.

Cotton is bombarded with senseless chatter. She covered her ears, as did Anthony. Robin on the other hand simply slept through the entire attack. Once the attack was over, Anthony saw an opening and cried out to Cotton. "Cotton use Ember!" Cotton on the other hand lifted up and stumbled a bit, as her head pounded and it was hard her her to think or hear, but she hear Anthony well enough and when her head was clear enough she spat out a series of fiery sparks at the Chatot.

Last edited:
Charley felt the sparks warm his talons and the underside of his wings. He cawed angrily at the pain. Audrey whistled again, and Charley screeched at Cotton using the move Hyper Voice.

The Hyper Voice was painful to hear for Anthony and excruciatingly so for Cotton, who was still confused from the Chatter. To counter Anthony ordered Cotton to use Hypnosis, but Cotton couldn't hear and think properly. She looked up at Charley and instead used Ember, but caused a small explosion which flung her light frame backwards.

"Cotton!" Anthony cried out and he took out Cotton's crystal to recall her, but the pokemon got up and she clearly wanted to keep going, but was obviously hurt and in pain from the two sound based attacks assaulting her sensitive ears.

Audrey cringed at the explosion, and whistled the same high pitched whistle to order another Hyper Voice. Charley followed the order, screeching at Cotton, circling above. Audrey covered on of her ears, enjoying the battle.

Anthony covered his ears at the Hyper Voice and saw that Cotton was still trying to keep standing after taking two powerful Hyper Voices. The pounding in her head was gone, but her ears were in terrible pain. Anthony ordered Cotton to use Double Team, reasoning that Charlie won't be able to hurt Cotton if he couldn't hit her. Cotton began to rapidly skip across the ground with such speed that there were now 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 then 7 Cottons on the field, all of which were gunning for Charlie.

Back