The Chronicled World - Fantasy Nation Building

Unfortunately night vision is something we have grown into. There is no hiding from the truth here, unlike a certain fish people...

Oh boy, I am so sorry. I understand better how your sanity shattered.
As for the us Marjari, we bask in the Trush of the Gods.

We are sane. In fact, we are more sane than any of you. We don't feel weak emotions such as 'Empathy', and acts of kindnes on our part can be counted on a single hand.

Your 'Gods' are little more than children playing with dolls. Its time you stopped hiding behind them and stood for yourselves.

I mean, i've gone and made a rampaging monster the size of a small tower. How much more powerful can dragons be? Also, is it possible to edit the avilable races tab to include the Homebrew ones?

For the smart ones; Quite a bit. (I'm still bringing an army to slay your monster, don't worry). Also, I can edit the available races tab, It's just I assumed you guys with homebrews wouldn't want new players making nations with them as population. Didn't make a lot of sense to me to put them there and then say 'don't use these', y'know?

And yeah, I appreciate the constant bump you two are giving this RP, but I'm wondering if two pages of talking smack might be a bit ...much?

For the smart ones; Quite a bit. (I'm still bringing an army to slay your monster, don't worry). Also, I can edit the available races tab, It's just I assumed you guys with homebrews wouldn't want new players making nations with them as population. Didn't make a lot of sense to me to put them there and then say 'don't use these', y'know?

And yeah, I appreciate the constant bump you two are giving this RP, but I'm wondering if two pages of talking smack might be a bit ...much?
How dare you sir! We gotta represent! Also i’m Fine with it cuz hey, rival Candeleb branch? Sounds swwweeettt

@Lazzamore

Alright that's fine then. The nation idea I was conjuring up was a theocracy of indoctrinated dragon cultists ruled by ancient dragons. In my mind the most common adults would be around 36ft long, with the oldest among them being around 64ft long from head to tail. They'd be powerful indeed but won't be so powerful that a single one can raze an entire city, maybe terrorize a trade route for a while. However they are hindered by two important trait. Actual dragons are all female and mature females only make up .1% of the population and the males never grow larger then 16ft long and lacking the ability to breath fire, ice, lightning or acid. Because of this the dragons rely primarily on indoctrinated slaves cultists, keeping them locked up with great walls and constant patrols. The cultists never grow older then 25 years however as when a slave is of age they are allowed to drink a dragon's toxic blood. When they drink if there is a 1% chance that instead of simply dying they'll grow scales, a tail, claws, gain the dragon's near immortal lifespan and become a hybrid of humanoid and Dragon, what they call a half-breed, which makes up the primary military branch.

The Hierarchy is as such.

Cultists - Slaves in all but name. They do all the labor in the city save for agriculture and fishing as well as act as 'sacrifices' for their hungry gods every season.
Half-Breeds - A combination of Cultist and dragon, they are make up the primary fighting force of the Dragons as well as missionaries and diplomatic representatives.
Drakes - Dragon males, while more intelligent then your average wolf, they are still animistic in nature and thus are usually little more then beasts of burden, war beasts or harem mates.
Dragons - Immature Dragon females that have been around for decades. They have in intelligence of sentient beings and are usually lazy, sleeping in their mountain holds for months at a time until rouse by the half-breeds to eat or fight.
Mature Dragons - The only dragons that can actually produce offsprince. They are been around for centuries and make up .1% of the population and usually carry around harems of around 5-9 drakes. They are still lazy sleeping for years at a time, only rousing to eat every half year or breed every 10 years. They are the most powerful dragons but also the most valuable as they are the only ones who can lay the clutches necessary to keep the species alive.

Honestly, what you have is really cool. It contradicts lore for other dragons, but as long as it's clear the male/female dichotomy is unique to their species, it should be fine. So I have been thinking about it, and I think it's fine for you guys to have two nations, IF your sure you can give both of them attention.

I was also thinking about possible ways to expand our nations later, add new tiles and population, etc. Nothing for right now, but if any of you have some ideas/things you'd rather not do, let me know. I want to keep it 'theater of the mind' as much as I can.

Everyone let me know when there ready for the next events: I've rolled for them already but I'm waiting until everyone's done diplomacy-ing(?) because the events assume some time passage. So I think just @ChelonianCommander , @Amdarh and @Emory are still in the deep of it.

I did some editing to the Dragons. Tell me what you think?
Well, I guess now that power is more defined, it's really more of a matter of how you portray them. I just really don't want to cause OOC conflict here because this second nation has an army superior to the others by a great margin, Y'know?

Well, Okay, I looked it over, and decided that as long as your other soldiers aren't more powerful then ours (1 half-breed = 1 Orc, Harpy, Whatever) then you don't have too much of an advantage over us by numbers. I suppose that's fine, just as long as we can agree that more then 200 soldiers from us can take down one of your dragons, and you agree you sacrifice atleast 160 normal soldiers to take 1 dragon to a battle. After that I think all our numbers balance out, by my math.

Long story short, Sorry we made a big deal about this, Dragons are scary, but I think your fine as long as you keep it fair. (You will, I'm quite sure. Just wanted to be fair.)

Everyone let me know when there ready for the next events: I've rolled for them already but I'm waiting until everyone's done diplomacy-ing(?) because the events assume some time passage. So I think just @ChelonianCommander , @Amdarh and @Emory are still in the deep of it.
Well I'm kinda waiting for @Yogii as we started the meeting already at the previous event.
For the rest, I'll wrap things in my next post and you can proceed.

Back