Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

"Just keep chirping... Wait till were out of the crowd il make you eat my dust" Titania told Annie, thinking. *So what if im fourteen hundred years old i can still beat her there with my dead sensors... If only i knew where the place was at... *

"Just keep chirping... Wait till were out of the crown il make you eat my dust" Titania told Annie, thinking. *So what if im fourteen hundred years old i can still beat her there with my dead sensors... If only i knew where the place was at... *

"Oh yeah, says the robot heavy enough to have her own gravitational pull?" Annie continued teasing, managing to tap Titania on the nose even while weaving through the crowd of mostly humans.

And as soon as Annie came in close she would get the surprise of a life time as Titania managed to lick the departing tentacle that had poked her nose. "my own gravity field huh...? That gives me an idea..." She said with a devious smile upon her face.

"Uyeugh..!" Annie recoiled from the completely unexpected and previously thought not possible lick from the automaton, unsure how to properly respond to such a bizarre action by a previously stoic entity. "No, don't get ideas!" Annie tried to command, not sounding very authoritative at all. Already, the crowd was thinning - they were getting relatively close to a pocket of town where there were few people.

"What ideas?" Titania asked as she began to steadily speed up to remain by Annie's side but didn't go any faster than her since she had no clue where the place was at. "like i said. im faster than i appear." She said and simply rammed through a wooden sign as it never was there, leaving an humanoid shaped hole in it. it was clear that something within the automaton was no longer working properly

"You know full damn well what ideas." Annie replied warningly, still sounding pretty un-intimidating. She chirped in shock at the automaton plowing through the sign and giggled as the person who owned it came out of their shop angrily yelling at her. "Oh, verpiss dich!" She replied, making a rude gesture before turning to keep walking. Annie called the Chorda's bluff, and they went back inside muttering angrily to themselves.

Titania looked behind herself to see what happened. "Sorry!" She said before turning back around to face the road ahead. "Im sorry i don't know what your'e talking about." The elfin automaton said with a chuckle at Annies not so intimidating tone.

"You said yourself you had ideas, don't try to play dumb!" Annie protested, waving about her tentacles excitedly. "We both know full well you have something planned!" She exclaimed. "Look, the magitech is only like a ten minute walk from here and there aren't many people on the way. Tell ya what. Once we get in the clear - we gonna race."

"Sounds good to me only a little problem i dont know where the magitech place is at to race you there." Said the automaton, feeling much better now that there weren't that many people around to dodge. in any case Titania raised her left hand touched a spot on her right shoulder. the spot began glowing with blue light, moving her fingers away from the spot a streak of lingering energy followed her movement as she now touched a specific spot on her left thigh which also began glowing. "Mana flow confirmed...Limiter offline...Brakes released."

Annie sighed, leaning against Titania. "Straight shot down this street." The street was completely deserted, though the sounds of people behind them was audible. "You'll see a neon sign for it." The sli'f explained, using a tentacle to point the way. So far away it was, that the shop was over the horizon of the planetoid they were on. "See that light? We'll wait for it to turn red, then the next time it goes yellow we race." Said light that Annie was pointing at was slowly fading through a color wheel, the sign of another store. With that Annie moved away and clamped her Solt catalyst. "Opildne, acce, weyn.." The Sli'f's body glowed dimly for a moment, before she looked up at Titania. "Wanna put down Mizumi first?"

Titainia shook her head as she corrected mizumis position on her back and made sure the fox girl wouldn't fall off. "Dont want to come back and get her again so il just carry her." The automaton said and watched the light change through the color spectrum "Break release T minus 5... 4... 3... 2..." She announced then went silent just before 1. As the light turned orange she suddenly broke out into a full sprint with each of her steps leaving a small foot shaped crater behind on the road and streaks of blue energy lingered in the air, following Titanias trail.

Annie shot off slightly after Titania, but using her body in a certain way by forming a dozen tentacles and moving almost against the ground she built up the same immense speed as she did when she defended Mizumi earlier, rocketing ahead but barely affecting the ground or the air. It was clear the spell she cast was a major factor in this speed - but even still she was a hell of a sprinter.

Titania watched annie rocket right past her. "I must be getting old... An organic got past me..." she muttered. And pumped in more mana to try and gain speed. Unlike Annie she had to fight air resistance and friction to go fast.

A perk of the Sli'f was that without having to re-orient herself she could see behind her, as she gained more and more distance on Titania and Mizumi as she surged ahead along the ground, countless limbs working overtime to provide her with the speed that few other organics could achieve.

Cass' looked totally lost and touched the ship. Her hand-shaped limb suddenly went from solid to oozy. A clear sign that the young Sli'f was nervous and unsure. In fact, Cass' felt that the choice she made to travel here was incorrect.

Titania watched Annie gain distance on her and as seconds passed the blur of a slif began to slip her sensor range. "Oh no you don't..." She said and shifted Mizumi to her front and held her there with one arm. With her other she touched the same spot on her shoulder which began to glow once more. "Experimental spell #37" She said as a circle got projected but it was on her back instead on the front. "Execute..." She said as the circle on her back began glowing pink before a roaring jet of flames erupted from it, generating thrust that pushed her forwards to the point Titania wasn't running any long but was skidding on the soles of her feet and left behind two distinct grooves on the road. back where she began to use the spell the road was covered in black soot from the initial ignition.

Though still in full supernatural sprint, Annie could plainly tell that Titania was rapidly gaining on her with this new spell. "Pfft.." She leapt into the air and grabbed onto the robot as she passed, though it felt like it'd yank her in half. "Holy shiiiiit!" She could barely even hang on and could see the shop appearing over the horizon. She knew though, she didn't need much more speed to win, so she shaped herself to be as streamline as possible and flung herself from Titania's body straight at the aforementioned magitech, shifting her body again to form two rudimentary wings that let her abuse her overwhelming speed to glide along just above the ground, and at such speed it was only a few short seconds before the person inside the store heard an overwhelmingly loud metallic "BONG!" as the Sli'f splattered herself into the metal wall of the nearest side. "Ow." She gasped, watching now as Titania came hurtling towards her, moving out of the way of the oncoming tonne-heavy machine.

as Titania saw the shop appear and zipped right past Annie she dint expect the slif to literally grab onto her and use her speed to boost her own... the girly pretty much slipstreamed Titania by what appeared to others. Eventually came the time to slow down as she shut down the spell but that wasn't enough as her huge mass kept her going.

The person inside would hear a second much heavier BANG! on the wall as this time a distinct humanoid shape appeared on the inside of the wall.once the person would look outside they would see Titania's frantic attempts at stopping before the impact but wasn't successful. Titania herself could be found embedded into the wall as she used her back to absorb the impact so Mizumi wouldn't get hurt.

Annie got herself clear fairly easily thanks to the spell she used on herself, but she was shaken by the thought of how obliterated she would have been had she been sandwiched between Titania and the wall. "Good god, woman!" She started hitting Titania with nowhere near enough force to hurt her, shouting obscenities at the Magius Engine until the owner of the shop came out, covered in grime and looking completely shaken.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Seemingly unconcerned with the state of their shop the young adult human quickly began trying to help Titania off, two huge magitechnical arms connected to their back that seemingly granted them massive strength as they hoisted Titania straight out of the wall and gently placed her on her feet. "Awh, my wall!" They lifted the welding goggles they were wearing to reveal a cute face with sparkling cyan eyes, gazing forlornly at the dented wall. Hands on hips, the mechanic frowned until Annie placed a tentacle on their shoulder. "Yo Hinata, these are the girls who own that ship I brought in for ya." The mechanic, now known by name, turned again to Titania and Mizumi.

Last edited:
Back