Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

"Its not my weight... I could probably outrun you... I just dont want to crush anybody by doing so." Titania explained once she caught up, glad that they were nearly there already. As they walked Mizumi had fallen rather quiet and if anybody woukd take a look at the five tailed fox human they would find that she was fast asleep.

“We’re testin’ that, girlie.” Annie told Titania challengingly, scrunching her head slightly to give the impression of narrowed eyebrows. Evidently she was already used to using human expressions.

“Oh there it is.” Annie pointed with her temporary tail to a rather unassuming stall in the near distance with some stools around it, manned by a Leppi that was clearly on a box to get higher off the ground. They were swiftly serving the small amount of customers they received. “Oi, Mizumi!” Annie bapped the human girl on the head to wake her.

"Oh its on then missie~" Titania replied in an equally challenging tone. if she couldnt beat the slif in such a simple thing as a race then what chance does she stand at fulfilling her true purpose?

Mizumi let out a groan as she was so rudely awoken by Annie. "mmrrrh..." Was really the only thing she managed to say. Her vision all blurry from her still sleep filled eyes she watched people move by rapidly, tilting her head she asked. "Where are we?"

Annie acknowledged the challenge with gusto. "We'll find a time, and a place, then." She refused to be beaten in a land race by anyone, let alone a rhino-weight automaton. Life would be completely unfair if her heavyweight butt could outpace the fastest Sli'f in Ostra!

"We're at food." Annie told her, putting her makeshift tail near Mizumi's face and poking her cheek. "Didn't you want to eat?" She asked, poking her again and again.

Mizumi watched at the tail like thing, thinking it looked tasty as it reminded her of the sandworms. Snapping her teeth at the poking tail she tried to take a chunk out of it. "food~" She finally said still unaware that shes trying to bite annie this whole time.

"I will make sure to be ready for it." Titania said with a nod, not thinking very much about the slif. She might be stronger than others of her kind or the ones that once were part of her crew the Automaton was positively certain she could beat most organics in physical disciplines.

Annie pulled her tail away at the last second, managing to keep herself clear of Mizumi's nashing teeth. "Oi, I'm not food!" She bapped Mizumi on the head again. "There's a stall with awesome grub." She told the human calmly.

"Hm, you better be." Annie poked Titania too.

The fox girl let out a little sad whimper as she failed to obtain tail food. "But tail looks tasty..." she said before getting off the automatons back. "Thanks Tita aia" She said to her companion.

Looking at that tail with hungry eyes she wanted to have a go at it once more byt stopped herself when she followed the thing to her owner. "If your not food..." Mizumi suddenly winced when she got bapped once again. "... Stalls?" She asked, looking around now.

"Tail doesn't taste good babe. Tastes real bad." Annie warned, now physically taking a gentle hold of her cheeks to direct her face towards the one manned by the Leppi. "Doesn't that smell good?" A pleasant smell of hot spicy food permeated through the surroundings by the dozens of various little shops around the place, in particular the smell of delicious satay coming from the place the Leppi stood at.

Annie went forwards towards the stall, weaving and pushing through the crowd to the little multicolored cloth and wood stand, with a small fire covered by a metal cage that heated several hanging bowls of curry and kebabs.

Mizumi was made to look towards a few stalls and she saw them being manned by leppi...the bug people. sur ehtey were cute but she was scared of them. With Mizumis eyes widening she tugged on Titanias shirt. "uhm... got anything for scale?"

The automaton first tilted her head a bit confused what Mizumi wanted. "Scale?"

"Yes... s-scale quick!" She made a scared whisper towards the elfin figure.

"Alright let me see..." As Titania spoke she used her ability to astral project images she made various circles appear in a rapid succession till she found one that seemed to suit it.

Annie once more gently hit Mizumi over the head. “Oi, no. It’s just a Leppi, chill.” She scolded. “Tell you what if you don’t wanna go over there then I’ll just get something for you. Find a place to sit and I’ll bring it over.” With that Annie pushed against Mizumi’s chin until she was facing away from the cute fuzzy Leppi, and went over alone to get some food from them.

Annie now knew of a weakness of Mizumi’s that she was scared of Leppi. Even though her reaction was subtle - Annie was talented at finding subtle body language changes like that.

The fox human let out another yelp as she got hit over the head once again. "Quit it..." Shit muttered as she watched Annie walk away now. Letting out a noticeable sigh of relief she patted Titanias side. "Y-you can let go of the projection dear." Mizumi said to her automaton companion before going off to find a more secluded seat as far away from the leppi as possible.

Titania nodded as the projected circle disappeared. "Understood." Was all that she said before following Mizumi around to find a seat. eventually finding one together with her. being too darned heavy she was forced to stand since the chairs no doubt wouldn't be able to hold her.

True to her word, shortly after, Titania and Mizumi were again greeted by Annie, this time holding two bowls, both made of wood, and handed one to Mizumi. She then got herself onto the chair and placed her own bowl down. "Now, taste this and tell me it ain't the best damn food you've ever had." Annie challenged, focusing on Mizumi as she handed her a spoon. The curry in the bowl smelled absolutely mouthwatering, it was too bad Titania didn't need to eat or she'd get some too.

"Oh, also; what was the name of the planet you came from?" She asked curiously.

Mizumi took the bowl and spoon offered to her before taking a sniff of the curry inside of it. Tilting her head at it a bit as she had never seen such a thing before. Reaching in to take a spoonful of it she put it in her mouth. it took her a moment to realize what was going on in her mouth until she began to panting. "hot hot hot hot hot!"

Titania couldn't help but chuckle about Mizumis reaction. "I am capable of consuming organic food...unfortunately the synthetics have long since failed so eating is not recommended for me." She replied to Annie.

"Oh it's not even that spicy ya girl." Annie quickly tilted Mizumi's head back and deposited onto Mizumi's tongue what she was subtly hiding previously for just this situation - a nice dollop of refrigerated sour cream. It tasted nice, if sour, and would immediately start soothing the spiciness. She pulled away once she did that, then revealed the little tub that the sour cream was in - the tub that the Leppi gave her.

"So you can, but you shouldn't. Good to know."

Feeling the soothing touch of the sour cream Mizumi nearly melted. "ahhh so much better..." She said while pushing the bowl away with that volcanic concoction. "Cant deal with spicy foods at all..." She said as her face went all red like a beetroot.

Titania nodded to those words before remembering Annie's question about the specific dust ball. "If i remember correctly the inhabitants of the world called it Quwhade."

Annie pushed the tub of sour cream across the table towards Mizumi. "Mix some of this in. SOME." She instructed, before she went to eating too - sticking a limb into the mix where it quickly disappeared into her body. So quickly was it torn apart that one may not even realize that if she wanted to, that would be clearly visible inside her transparent body. "Still, it's yummy isn't it?" She asked Mizumi knowingly.

"Quwhade." Annie laughed. "I knew a guy from there." She announced happily. "He drop kicked a cop before getting shot in the knee."

The fox girl took the tub of sour cream and scooped some out with her spoon before mixing it into the curry. Soon enough Mizumi was eating the thing and it didnt take long at all for her to wolf down the entire bowl. "Much better~" She let out a satisfied sigh with her belly finally full.

Titania just watched the pair eat silently, te nice smell of the food making her slightly jealous that she couldnt try it too.

Annie finished her own bowl though it took her a little longer, as she was careful to avoid her consumption revealing pieces of food still in her body as she broke it down. When she finished, she gently touched Mizumi on the shoulder. "Now, for real tho; was that not out of this goddamn world??" She asked, making a vague face shaped depression in her body with a giant grin on it.

Mizumi nodded. Now that yhe spiciness was gone she got to taste it properly without killing her tastebuds with it. "it was pretty good though needed some meat... I can bet sandworm would go pretty well with it." She said said with a smile and a face as red as a tomato.

"Sand worms?" Annie paused for a moment, and suddenly her opaline was pushed out of her body and into her hands. She quickly searched within for "sand worm" and put the tablet down on the table when several images of them came to view on the screen. "Holy shit. You eat these??" Those things were massive, how the hell could a human kill one, let alone enough for them to be a diet? Even without a true 'face', Annie managed to look incredibly confused.

Back