Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Mizumi just shook her head about the scuttling teams greed. "im sure il be able repay you the money soon enough." said the girl while. Looking at Titania and letting out a chuckle. This will be rich.

Titania looked at the slif with a smile. "My body is purposefully built heavy so its mostly built out of solid tungsten carbide. Any voids were filled with mercury and the whole thing wraoped with syth skin. I had several weight increasing enchanthemnts but they wore off over the past millenia." She explained to Annie nice and calm.

"Can't really blame 'em for not wantin' to gimme the body, I am pretty shady lookin'~" Annie joked, giggling at her own rather poor joke. "Anyway, money's just money - I don't think they'd have given you the automaton at all. Don't reckon you're charismatic enough." She told Mizumi knowingly, nodding the whole top half of her body as if it was her head.

"You're kidding me, who would make a fatass automaton?" Annie asked, almost annoyed that someone would even do such a thing. "What purpose can just being heavy even have? Were you a paperweight?"

"I would have simply taken it...its my ship and my stuff to begin with." Mizumi spoke as she looked at Annie. The slif for sure was funky one to have around but she was still suspicious on her. Just why would she want Mizumi?

"A giant paperweight that could stop smaller ships from moving." Titania replied with a nod. But of course the elf was lying...her true purpose was much more interesting and diverse, yet she refused to divulge the info.

"Not sure how it works where you're from but here in Wielden you need documentation. It's a big world out there and it's pretty hard to tell what is and is not stolen, so without very clear proof - you've basically given all your stuff to them." Annie told Mizumi, lying flawlessly. In truth they give people the benefit of the doubt in situations like this - as it was clear she was not the aggressor in the situation.

That sounded like a lie from Annie's point of view - nobody would make an automaton heavy just so it could stop vehicles that'd be pointless. The Sli'f hummed quietly then nodded, perking up as if she completely believed the explanation as gospel. "Well shit, can't argue there~!"

"im not dropped ony head diear. I wont fall for the same trick twice." Mizumi said to Annie. "Just because they scuttled the ship does not mean the resurlting scrap and loose items are theirs. Abd documentation..."

Titania suddenly chimed in, sounding scarily businesslike. "with masters permission i can procure papers with visual and audio logs proving i have not been stolen. And before you say it. Its impossible to fake those."

"Not what I meant - if you got the pink slips it's still yours, but you fucked that thing right up y'know." Annie told Mizumi calmly. The runway it landed on wasn't in good shape either, which could cause some problems as well, in regards to exactly what Mizumi would be permitted to take. "So gameplan is you're gonna get your stuff back? I'm not sure if they've finished cleaning up yet but I did see that small ship you had there. It was a bit banged up, not sure if it's fixed yet." Annie explained calmly.

Annie looked at Titania for a moment, about to say something to retort - but decided against it for now, as it could dampen her efforts to make these two like her.

"Couldnt care less about the ship but whats in it worries me more. god knows just what ancient horrors lie within the ships stores." Mizumi replied as she patted the slif's shouder. "You know~ i will take you up on that offer of food though. im feeling quite hungry."

Titania looked at Annie for a moment before approaching her and leaning in to whisper. "If they haven't raided the secondary vessel i might have something you would love and would be worth just as much if not even more the amount you had to pay to retrieve my body."

"Ancient horrors?" Annie asked, barely regarding the pat on her...equivalent of a shoulder, which was just a bit of flesh that curved outwards a little from her vaguely humanoid shape. "Hm, I'm pretty hungry too." She said happily.

But when Titania whispered in her ear she shivered. "Talk dirty to me more mama~" She whispered back, the idea of valuable loot too much for her to not get excited.

"Then lets go and do just that!" Mizumi said with a smile and lead the way for a few paces before stopping when she realised she had no clue where any of the restaurants were at. "You lead the way..." she eventually said.

"Hey hey hey, hold up. Ancient horrors??" Annie refused to move until that was addressed, if there was some kind of horrible monstrosity on the ship that ate Sli'f she had no intention of going near that business, especially from two people she just met. Never trust someone in your debt, they say. She stared intently at the small human, looking rather cute due to her small size.

"Dont sweat it. Theres nothing dangerous in there but some things really should remain as part of the history." Mizumi explained to the slif. Knocking in Titanias forehead she strethed eo to look the Automaton in the face. "Hey snap out of it!"

Annie hummed for a short moment, considering the information given. "Hmm, you're goin' in first then." She told the small human suspiciously, narrowing herself to give the appearance of a squint, somehow.

With that, though, she made off in the direction of the mechanic shop that held Titania and Mizumi's ship, expecting the other two to follow her.

Titania eventually snapped out of it now that Annie begam to mpve again and followed her. Poking the sliff in the back as they walked. "Food... Master is hungry." The elfin figure reminded.

Mizumi was about to do something similar but Titania beat her to it so she just silently folloed by Annies side. "i dont mind going in first."

Annie stopped, and in a comic display of over-action, looked between Titania and Mizumi then back to Titania, then to Mizumi again. "You guys ever heard of the Twilight Zone? I got a Mag Engine telling me to get food and a human telling me to go to a ship." Annie laughed, making it sound like a weird chirping. "Let's vote then, food or flight?" She asked, gesturing first towards the city center and then towards the outskirts. Both options were in opposite directions to each other.

Both Mizumi and Titania called out in unison saying "Food!~" before laughing at Annies reaction. "unfortunately i havemt seen that." She said while climbing up on Titanias back so sje could get a piggyback ride from the automaton.

Annie laughed too, watching Mizumi climb up onto the slightly larger figure of Titania's body. "Food it is!" With that Annie practically bounded off in the direction of the city. She had a special place in mind that sold AMAZING dumplings and soup. "So how'd you guys meet? Was it chance?"

Hefting u Mizumi and making sure the fox girl wouldn't fall off Titania sprinted after Annie. "h-hey wait up!" She said while every step she made had a distinct cracking noise following it. her weight at a run proving to be too much for the fairly soft concrete.

"Dont you think on ditchin us now that you promised food." Mizumi said to the slif as Titania carried her.

"Well hurry up then!" Annie slowed down a little anyway, focusing her attention on Titania's feet and the cracks in the ground they caused. She was way too heavy to be practical for sure..

"It's not far from here~!" She said happily, as they entered into a fairly busy street.

Titania seemed to have a hard time keeping up with Annie as the automaton tried her darndest to not run into somebody. unfortunately with all of her bobbing and weaving she left a wavy trail of foot shaped cracks in the street. "Hey hold up a bit... you're going too fast..." She jumped aside again. "...I cant keep up!"

If Annie had eyes she would have rolled them, instead she just grumbled and slowed right down so that Titania could more easily catch up. “Jeez, don’t you have a lighter body?” She asked semi-irritably, shifting so that her form was more obviously serpentine, forming a tail that swished about.

“We’re nearly there anyway, just a little further.”

Back