Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

Hooked. Stone noted his face in a small glance from his watch, the corners of his mouth raising only momentarily. He closed the watch and replaced it in his pocket, considering Kyo’s words. “Sixty hours...well, in that case, I can show you some of our inns. I also have spare rooms in my abode that aren’t occupied if you prefer higher quality living arrangements.” Stone said, a small smile on his face. Get him nice food and a warm bed and a man will be right at ease. Stone wasn’t trying to be malicious. He just needed more information and nobles don’t share much without good reason. “As for my choice of eateries, nothing is better than a home cooked meal. The manor on the hill, the one I mentioned earlier, is where I stay. You may come later this evening and either leave once you’re finished or stay for the night. Twelve, my chef, If surprising me this evening...” Stone finished, looking towards the large manor on the hill.

Kyo was actually planning on sleping within his own ship, but it had been close to two months since the last time he slept in an actual bed rather than the hammock he'd been using. As surprisingly comfortable as the hammock proved to be, a lovely warm bed would be wonderful. He nodded. "Would you really be okay with me staying at your home? You don't even have verification that I am who I say I am;" The young man told Stone. This was a minor challenge for the other male, as well as a chide for seemingly being so trusting. Now that he thought about it in fact - he didn't have many reasons to trust Stone either.

The idea of a home cooked meal though.. Semi-limited rations had been adequate, but just like a comfortable bed, a legitimate meal would be heavenly about now - the restaurant he ate at half an hour earlier had decent food but really nothing to write home about and he imagined Stone's chef would be superior or else they would not be employed at such a place. "I will take up your offer on the meal, however, if I am not intruding." He finished politely.

Sick of the rude man, Cassie pulled the trigger and watched his fur get singed. This time she yells at the inconsiderate Sli'f, " I'm not on drugs you son of a b*tch! I know what I heard, and I am merely repeating it. Now at least tell me if you can see John from the window here." She pointed towards a hole in the leafy building.

Last edited:
Kyo was actually planning on sleping within his own ship, but it had been close to two months since the last time he slept in an actual bed rather than the hammock he'd been using. As surprisingly comfortable as the hammock proved to be, a lovely warm bed would be wonderful. He nodded. "Would you really be okay with me staying at your home? You don't even have verification that I am who I say I am;" The young man told Stone. This was a minor challenge for the other male, as well as a chide for seemingly being so trusting. Now that he thought about it in fact - he didn't have many reasons to trust Stone either.

The idea of a home cooked meal though.. Semi-limited rations had been adequate, but just like a comfortable bed, a legitimate meal would be heavenly about now - the restaurant he ate at half an hour earlier had decent food but really nothing to write home about and he imagined Stone's chef would be superior or else they would not be employed at such a place. "I will take up your offer on the meal, however, if I am not intruding." He finished politely.

Stone gave Kyo a small, knowing smile. “Only someone extremely brave or extremely foolish would use the would try to use the Kimura name.” Stone said simply. And with the power that Kyo’s family held, there had been many that tried. Almost all met severe consequences. “Besides that, I'd know those eyes from anywhere.” He continued, referring to Kyo’s mother. Something inside of Stone almost wanted to laugh. He kept his composure, however, running large fingers through his white hair. “You may stay in my home until your flag ship arrives and eat the meals my chef prepares. After all, it is unfitting for a young noble to sleep on a ship even if it is his own wish.” Stone finished.

He reached in his pocket once more and grabbed his watch, checking the time. “Damn...” he cursed, silently to himself, closing the pocket watch as he gave a small smile to the young Kimura. “The main course will most likely be served around six. I expect to see you this evening, Kyo Kimura. If you will excuse me, I have another meeting I must attend to with a client...” he gave a small nod before turning back towards the manor, making long, purposeful strides towards the manor.

Sick of the rude man, Cassie pulled the trigger and watched his fur get singed. This time she yells at the inconsiderate Sli'f, " I'm not on drugs you son of a b*tch! I know what I heard, and I am merely repeating it. Now at least tell me if you can see John from the window here." She pointed towards a hole in the leafy building.

“Ah, Gods Damn it, you crazy bitch!” Ty’Phon shouted. He clutched his arm where some of his robe had burned. “Shit, fucking psycho!” However spiteful Ty felt at that moment, he also had to remember he wasn’t the one with the gun and did as Cassie instructed, checking the window. “He’s walking back to the manor from the edge of town. There, happy now?”

Cassie doesn't speak but merely smiles, glad that the man finally saw reason. Violence induced reason, sure; but still reason just the same. She opened the door and stepped outside the manor, to wait for John. As she saw him, she waved but remained stationary.

Stone gave Kyo a small, knowing smile. “Only someone extremely brave or extremely foolish would use the would try to use the Kimura name.” Stone said simply. And with the power that Kyo’s family held, there had been many that tried. Almost all met severe consequences. “Besides that, I'd know those eyes from anywhere.” He continued, referring to Kyo’s mother. Something inside of Stone almost wanted to laugh. He kept his composure, however, running large fingers through his white hair. “You may stay in my home until your flag ship arrives and eat the meals my chef prepares. After all, it is unfitting for a young noble to sleep on a ship even if it is his own wish.” Stone finished.

He reached in his pocket once more and grabbed his watch, checking the time. “Damn...” he cursed, silently to himself, closing the pocket watch as he gave a small smile to the young Kimura. “The main course will most likely be served around six. I expect to see you this evening, Kyo Kimura. If you will excuse me, I have another meeting I must attend to with a client...” he gave a small nod before turning back towards the manor, making long, purposeful strides towards the manor.

Kyo smiled softly; this man truly knew what he was talking about. That was very good. The young noble's smile grew at the mention of his eyes - they were the one thing which was present in all of the children of the Kimura family. He bowed respectfully to the much larger male in response to his invitation. "I shall endeavor to arrive punctually." He responded. He disagreed with the statement regarding the sleeping arrangements of a lord - it was his decision and thus anything he decided was fitting, in his opinion.

"Oh, well good sir John Stone, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. See you tonight!" He watched the albino leave for a short while, before turning on his heels and making his way back to his ship to clean and change into clothes fit for eating in.

Cassie doesn't speak but merely smiles, glad that the man finally saw reason. Violence induced reason, sure; but still reason just the same. She opened the door and stepped outside the manor, to wait for John. As she saw him, she waved but remained stationary.

Stone patted down his coat, searching for his cigar tin, already making mental reservations for his guest. “Twelve will need to be alerted in advance...” he muttered, looking up to the top of the hill. His eyes fell upon Cassie, a small smile forming on his face as he waved back. He looked back to his coat, continuing to search until he held the tin in his hands.

As he made it to the door, he closed the tin, a long cigar in his teeth. “Cass’opeia. To what do I owe the pleasure?” He asked with a small smile, standing with her at the door.

Cassie looked at Stone, her face full of panic. "Athena spoke to me. She told me that our race was in danger. Oh, and if you smell smoke; I had to take care of a rude man." She turned her feet inside, and stood quietly awaiting his reply.

Stone took the time to understand her worlds, mulling them over in hi- smoke? “I’m sorry but was the rude man you ‘took care of’ a Grey Sli’f, by chance...?” Stone has to put matters aside to think on this. “You may have shot someone very vital...”

Cassie ponders what Stone had just said, "Umm, yeah. I just told him what I saw and he called me crazy. He was being extremely rude too. Guess I got a little fed up." She turned her feet inwards as she knew that she got more fed up than a little.

“In all fairness, saying that you heard one of the gods speaking to you does sound a bit....unusual...” Stone said, not realizing what he had stated. He paused and looked at Cassie. “Did you say Athena spoke to you...?”

Cassie looked up, "I suppose that's true. It does sound unusual, but Athena spoke to me. It said the Sli'f were in danger. Exactly what kind of danger, that wasn't mentioned. All I know is the fact that something is going to threaten us, and soon. " She turned her feet out, so she was once again average looking.

Stone was still transfixed on Athena, almost forgetting the guest he’d summoned from earlier. He shook his head, deciding to think about it later. “Listen, Cass’opeia, we can worry about this in a moment. I...have a meeting to attend to with the Sli’f you...shot at. You can sit outside my office if you need to but, if at all possible, can we talk about it tomorrow? I have to prepare for a guest this evening.”

Cassie hung her head and mumbled, "Yes sir." as she transformed back into ordinary form. Slipping away, tears fell as she squirmed to the field where she went when her mind was too full of thoughts. Luckily, it was just on the edge of town, giving Cassie a great vantage point in case the threat came.

"Thanks for the lift!" Ricky exclaimed as he held the reigns of Ophelius on one hand and waving at the workers with the other. He was met with a chorus of 'You're welcome' and 'See you next time' coming from them. He grinned and then began to get a move on. Because of his lack of money, despite having retrieved treasures, he hadn't been able to afford a vehicle that could travel in space. As much as he wished for Ophelius to gain the ability to do that, it just wasn't meant to be. He ends up having to either hitch a ride for free, like he did with the workers, or have to pay for transportation - he preferred the former to be honest. Thankfully, his years spent travelling meant he had made some friends, like these guys.

Ophelius grunted, "Finally out of that metal container." It had always been an established fact that Ophelius hated going inside vehicles. On one hand, he could run just as fast as average land vehicles, maybe even faster with the right bit of motivation. But on the other hand, Ophelius can't fly so he's resigned himself to having to deal with flying inside transportation ships since his master liked to travel. A lot.

"Hey, at least the trip wasn't that long." Ricky reasoned with the horse as they began walking. "It could've been much worse."

The horse stomped his hoof onto the ground and Ricky chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, whatever Mr. Grumpy Pants. Now come on, let's enjoy the colony shall we?"

There were reasons why seeing someone just walk around with a Fire Horse would be surprising. For one, it was odd to see a tamed Fire Horse considering how prideful the creatures were and how much they hated being ridden on. Second, that person was dressed quite casually and admittedly... he looked rather poor considering his cloak had tatters. He did have some perfectly good explanations for how he looked as he hadn't stopped by a shop yet since he just came from an expedition and everything.

But he continued forward, a bright smile on his face as he took in information about the colony - even buying a map along the way.

@Kiki Zapatos
Fortunately for most of Wielden or perhaps unfortunately for the naive Cass, the threat would not be to come - not yet, at least. Thusly, Cass was somewhat presented with a couple of options: She could remain here and collect her thoughts whilst watching for the threat; or she could return home; or she could attempt to prepare for this threat that she was told about by Athena.

@King Lurk
In the immediate vicinity of Ophelius and Ricky was a rather huge lady dressed in overalls that stopped at her mid thighs and boots and apparently little else. She was rather gorgeous and her size made her visible despite the crowd she was in the middle of. Said lady was calling out an advertisement calling for assistance. She was promising a good reward for able-bodied individuals, and was handing out pamphlets to everyone who offered their assistance - though it seemed that was not very many people. Wielden colony was a good place to get mercenaries but even so, the reward was large enough to make most shy away since they knew full well that such a high reward would mean a very dangerous job. Even though the crowd around her was bustling about, still her voice carried over easily into Ophelius' ears.

@SnekySnoo
"I can't imagine any other place being the correct one."
"You talkin' to me? Or yaself?"
"I wanted your opinion."
"That's a first."
"Yeah, yeah." Kyo smiled and scratched his familiar behind the ear, earning a small chirp from the impish gremlin on his shoulder.
"That might be the wittiest response I've heard from you." Asmodeus the gremlin familiar replied sarcastically, grinning. A small look from Kyo made him stop snickering to himself and light his pipe, now happily blowing away on it.
Kyo himself looked up past his glasses to the manor belonging to Stone, approaching the gate calmly. He came to a pause a few meters away, looking through at the other side. With one hand in the pocket of his stylish robe - it's shape and form defining his body rather nicely with it's blue and white folds. As usual he was 'barefoot' without footwear to cover his ceramic feet, shaped in this occasion into a pair of elegantly curved blunt blades with stiletto heels. He raised one hand to his scalp and pushed his hair out of his face as he stood waiting to be addressed - though he would not wait long.

Last edited:
Ricky held onto Ophelius's reigns as they trudged forward, careful not to walk too close to the stores just in case Ophelius were to suddenly buckle. That was when they both heard an advertisement being called out by a rather large lady that towered him by a couple of inches - maybe even a foot... or two. Curiosity getting the best of him, Ricky wandered over to her to listen. They were offering quite a hefty price for mercenaries. Even Ricky knew the risks that came with such a high payout, along with everyone else, but he approached nonetheless.

"What's the job?" He asked. "I need to know a little bit more detail before I decide whether I should join up or not."

@Generik

Within a few Minutes, Stone started down to the gates, face distantly concerned with another’s matter. He had yet to change from earlier, still wearing his shirt and vest, tie draped on his shoulders. When he drew near the gates, he gave a convincing smile, opening the lock and pulling back on the hinges.

“Welcome, young Kimura.” He said simply, ushering the smaller man up the narrow stone pathway towards the door. “I see you’ve brought a friend along.” He noted aloud, nodding to the gremlin on the young man’s shoulder. He gave a small laugh as he watched smoke encircling the thing, shaking his head as he inspected the pipe. Never in his years had he seen such a thing.

@King Lurk
As Ricky and Ophelius drew closer it became apparent that this lady towered Ricky by at least two feet, though not much more than that. She fixed her gaze on the young gentleman when he approached her - not many people were doing thusly - and smiled a disarmingly charming smile. "You'll take the job? Wonderful! Here's a pamphlet, it has more of the details." She told him. "If you're interested, we're holding a meeting in about an hour from now at the Bruxner Tavern, on number 19 Devil Street." She told him happily. Said pamphlet, the beautiful blonde lady handed to Ricardo by leaning down slightly to approach eye level.

@SnekySnoo
Kyo noticed Stone approaching and waited patiently until he arrived at the gate. At arrival Kyo bowed respectfully and moved as ushered to stride up the stone path. When mentioned, Asmodeus grinned and saluted Stone. "Name's Asmodeus, but ya can call me Mod." His ears twitched twice, and he sniffled before continuing to smoke from his pipe.
"He insisted on coming with me." Kyo explained, while Asmodeus had since closed his eyes and fallen silent.
"Anyway, thank you for inviting me." The young man said happily, offering a faint smile up at Stone.

Back