Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

“At least...” Maruka sighed, already considering what material to use for the seals.

He nodded, stating, “Yeah...about a year or so after I graduated and a year before I ever met you.” He said, pushing his good back. “Met her near Aer...we were a thing for a bit and then we sorta went our separate ways.”

Domain froze. That question always made her nervous whenever the old man was out. Of course this big place had an extra room. The room itself even had its own bathroom unlike Domain's, making it the perfect guest room as well. But the problem was... That room already belongs to someone. And that someone is the old man's daughter, even if she is no longer among the living. She had no right to leaned it out. Even if she practically family herself. She had made that mistake once a little over 3 years ago. To this day her heart still aches whenever she recalls how the old man reacted... What he said to her... Even though he apologized the next day.
Domain sighed, absently studying a rather old looking book. "I'm afraid I don't..." She said apologetically. "I have no room I can offer you."

Mod laughed a little. "Just wait for him to get inside then pluck some of his tail feathers out."

"You're saying you were together for some time only eight or so years ago but couldn't remember anything about her?" Kyo asked curiously. It seemed his idea that Bay and Maruka were a thing was wrong. Damn.

@Sayasama
Jiang was too busy looking through the books that she didn’t noticed the sudden change of attitude of the girl. Most recipes jiang recognized there were some that were exactly the same others were just variants on the same recipe, or pretty different but, helped with the same disease.For so far she didn’t saw a completely knew one but she just started. Actually she didn’t really had the patient to spend hours in the library but, finding an knew recipe always made up for it.

“o, do you know another place to stay?” she answered the girl that was again apologizing. She didn’t think anything of the absent minded way the girl talked. She was looking through books anyway.

Last edited:
“Ya know, Mod, I just might....” Maruka said, glaring towards the sky.

“Sassy. Tall. Older. That’s about it...seen a lot of faces since.” He half lied. He felt it better that his ties with the Furs be left in the past. Even if that meant saying he’d never been in love with...

Mod took a big puff from his pipe and sighed as the smoke left his mouth. "Huhhh.." He had a dreamy expression on - this was good stuff he found..

"Sounds like a catch. What happened?" Kyo had never told Maruka but he had a tell when he lied, and he saw that tell plain as day when he said that.

Maruka snickered at the gremlin, shaking his head. “You’re gonna need to tell me where you got that stuff, man...”

Maruka shrugged, scratching the back of his neck. “Something...fairly detrimental happened. Something that neither one of us will really get over.” He said looking off into the sky. “That’s about all I can say on it...”

Mod laughed. "Can't, the leppi who gave it to me left~" He told his friend, grinning. "Lucky for youu.." He subtly passed some from inside a tuft of hair behind his ear to Maruka.

Kyo hummed. "Interestinng...okay, I'm gonna go talk to our prospective business partners."

“Solid...” Maruka smirked, sure of his plans for the day - Lang and Trent be damned!

He nodded to his master. “Alright. Keep an eye out for the mother...her sons quick...but she seems like the real power house...I’m thinking a rounded. Her son is probably a scrapper...” Maru said in parting.

"I'll leave you an Trent alone - gotta make sure Kyo doesn't lose his spine or something." He leaped onto Kyo's shoulder - only barely making it and scrabbling up his back to get onto his arm.

Kyo caught up with the other three quickly. He waited for a moment, listening in to what they were talking about.

“-like, she’s just SCREAMIN how big this dude is and he’s just NAILIN ‘er!” Bay finished, cackling as the other two males shook their head for different reasons.

“Ma....quit....” Jamal said, dark cheeks tinged with the pink of discomfort and embarrassment. He seems almost as uncomfortable as Stone, flushed red.

“I agree...can you change the subject...?” He asked politely, trying hard not to look at Bay.

“But I didn’t even get to talk about my favorite girl! That one Sli’f chick that you literally SHAPED!” She howled, dying of laughter.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Kyo asked. Just from the very short snippet of the conversation he caught, he gathered Bay had high opinion on her son - kinda weird, but he could ignore that. He received a notification from Lang - there were enough people already they could move ahead of schedule. Good and bad news - he'd have to wrap this morning meeting up faster than he hoped.

“Not at all.” Stone said, quick to get the words out before Bay could respond. “Anything you wanted to talk about?” Stone asked. With each step, they neared a nameless little inn, a bar settled inside and full of merry humans and Sli’f alike.

Jamal kept quiet but breathed a sigh of relief - he hated when his mother forgot he was her son.

Bay just giggled the rest of her issues away, wiping literal tears from her eyes.

Shit, I didn't have anything to actually talk about.
Kyo thought something up on the spot - one of his greatest skills.
"I know all three of you have combat experience and I gather that both of you a Hyadn. Do any of you have experience in mega-fauna combat? Specifically over ten tonnes. I'm asking because there were reports of those near where we're going." He asked and explained himself. It was a shot in the dark and not the best way to start a conversation but given how clearly uncomfortable Stone and Jamal were he felt even his shite primer was better than what Bay was putting them through. They were almost at the bar, too.

“I’ve only had one encounter with such mega-fauna - a whale-krill back on Aer...butit was relatively quick work, surprisingly.” Stone said, recalling earlier days.

“Me an’ ma took on a few Great bears...a thunder bear too.” Jamal seconded, twirling his blade between his fingers. “Got a lotta dosh for that pelt...” he said, his features quickly brightening into a smile before fading again.

“You don’t have to worry about our skill, shorty. One of these two knows how to use a weapon....and both of them can fight too.” She snickered at her bad attempt at subtlety.

"Check this out." Kyo made a little dash until he was in front of the three, pulling up his opaline and getting a recollection on it. It displayed a Chorda, who seemed to perhaps be a farmer. They were looking at a treeline when suddenly it burst out with a huge swirling purple vortex that blasted apart several trees. Almost immediately from the treeline a great bear emerged, roaring at the vortex - before a dozen tentacles burst out from it, tore the warehouse-sized bear in half, then pulled both halves back through the portal - and then the recollection ended. Kyo was looking at the three, a sage look on his face. "If you can catch whatever those tentacles come from you'll have enough to buy a populated planet."

Stone and Jamal had similar expressions of surprise - Stoney faces with wide, questioning eyes. If anything, they might have even been fearful were it not for their relaxed demeanors.

“That’s...rather intimidating. I’ve heard of such things in stories and legends....but to think they’re real...” Stone mused, shaking his head.

Jamal kept quiet, hand clutched on his knife’s handle. “Crazy ass shit....and we’re risking our lives for this...?” He looked to his mother, a look of question in his eyes.

Bay, unlike the other two, he’d a grin on her face - twisted and wicked. “Those tentacles are gonna get me everything I want, right?” She asked, malice in her voice and a fire in her eyes. “I don’t care if it kills me...I’m hauling that motherfucker through the damn portal if I have to.”

"Nobody knows where the portal leads - this was about two days ago and my friend who found this for me has been making sure nobody else finds out about this before I get a group together. A part of the tentacle fell off though as it took the great bear back into the breach - it's almost impervious to damage. Armor made from whatever this thing is made from would be above almost anything else seen previously." Kyo told them. The androgynous man was briefly happy - he could immediately tell by Bay's face that she was already definitely going to come. Whether she could get her gangsters to come too was another question.

“That’s a lotta dosh, little man...you think the team you’re rounding up is gonna be able to take one of them bad boys down?” Bay asked, grinning wide.

Stone smirked, seeing already a prospect from this “super material”. A new sword....A New set of armor...oh yes.....

Jamal just shrugged. “If ma’s in, im in....” Was all he said.

"The hope is that whatever that thing is, has a smaller version. You know, like finding a proto-sli'f instead of an adult." Kyo told Bay calmly. "But, I know for a fact we're all gonna be rich after this."

Jamal and Stone were definitely in too - perfect.

Back