Side Story The Devil's Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh come on, aren't rabbits supposed to leave tracks or something...?" Try as he might, it appeared the rabbit had given Luso the slip for the moment, leaving him to kick the dirt in frustration. Man, it's like one of those missions for that guild of chefs, having to hunt down rare ingre... di... ents... Wait a minute, it is one of those missions! That meant that he could use the same method he had used in those missions to find his target, making his hunt much easier.

Okay, just calm down... and breath... He gathered and controlled his breathing, letting it become peaceful as his eyes began to focus on the environment. He needed this to work, he needed to find the rabbit, he needed to see... The sparkle, right there!Between the cracks of a few crates, he spotted the flash that had led him to his prize so many times before. Perhaps it was Dolly's eyes that gave off the signal in the light, but he wasn't going to question it.

Walking over to the boxes, he smirked as he hopped over the crates and at whatever hid behind them, "Gotcha, Dolly!"

A young boy?

A sentient, regular young boy?

Well, this couldn't go unattended.

Takeru was now wary. Any three of them could be turned into... him. And for him, he wouldn't be able to return to his world. He wouldn't be able to accomplish his mission.

The Ganma might take over and he might vanish from the face of reality due to the exceeded his time limit.

Not that the clown guy looked bothered.

He wasn't one to judge poor advertising tactics, but this wasn't a poor advertising tactic.

Ah well, time to pop Leonard a question, but it'd be best to speak this place's language. After Kuroko's question was answered, Takeru asks his.

"Excuse me Mr Cordis, is the Freakshow observatory-only, or will exposition and trivia regarding the... umm..."

The ghost looks at the imprisoned Dipper. He felt some extent of rage in him, but he had to suppress it. Was this Carnival a Shocker ploy?

"... exhibits be provided?"

Takeru looks at Dipper. The only thing his orange, black-eyed mask could do was stare for a bit. While justice had to be served, you couldn't serve lunch in the wee hours before the sun even rises.​

tumblr_inline_mudyuphp6x1rxy3w0.png

Oh-ho, a child in a cage, hmm?

Hisoka still wasn't exactly sure if this exhibit was supposed to shock most people, like "Oh, how horrifying! That poor child is being held hostage as a slave for whatever his master's purposes are!" or something of the sort, but... Oh, my. Hisoka might have trouble separating reality from fantasy if he kept this up. Still, it didn't seem like the boy was particularly strong as far as power went, so he had no immediate reason to let the poor kid go. Still, as far as the standards of "normal people" went... This man certainly lived up to the name of Freakshow. But could he compare to Hisoka the Magician? Mystery, mystery!~

In any case, if there was one correct assumption made about Hisoka by the cat man, it was that there was certainly no worry for the jester to suffer any sort of heart attack or otherwise anything that would result in paperwork. Not like anyone would really be willing to sign anything for Hisoka back home. Still, if the others thought it was okay to do so, then there was no harm for him to do it too, right?

tumblr_inline_mudykeHfFM1rxy3w0.png

Still, if nothing else, this carnival managed to consistently stay interesting, if only because of how... lively it was. Even without the powerful people that piqued Hisoka's interest, this place certainly was still interesting in its own right.

Nonchalantly walking over to the caged boy, Hisoka leaned forward, attempting to go face-to-face with him.

tumblr_inline_mudz852H9C1rxy3w0.png

"Hoooh? And if I let you out, then what's in it for me then, hmm?~" He asked, reaching out and attempting to playfully poke the boy on the nose.​

Cat blinked, realizing her cover had been blown rather quickly... Thankfully, despite her name, she wasn't as skittish as one may percieve her to be... A remarkable quality that seemed to have been present, even when she was a child.
FzSpeg7.png

Seeing that the Fortune Teller was unlike anything she had expected, and, was actually rather welcoming, Cat seemed to relax, finally fully stepping into the tent, she picked up one of the teacups offered to her, seeming to smile a little... It was apparant that she was glad for such hospitality, especially in a place like this... Though, she was wracking her brain for the name of that person the Fortune Teller's quote came from... She could just barely grasp that she had known who it was, at some point, but, nothing more... She seemed to be a little too lost in thought to speak, for the moment.​

As Arvid continued to try to keep Aika as happy as he could, Houdini climbed off the illusionist's arm and cuddled up next to the child. Houdini was a special bunny with the 'gift' to transform thanks to-what were you expecting to get the answers or something? A magician never reveals his secrets and neither does his bunny!

Back with Luso and Sam however, Sam had noticed that Dolly had disappeared from their sight. But unlike Luso who was determined to find the doll no matter what, once it vanished for Sam?

Out of sight, out of mind! It got away, sorry Aika! One of the carnies gobbled it up, Aika! I accidentally pushed a crate on it, Aika! All excuses that seemed like they'd legitimate if Aika asked the spirit why he couldn't retrieve her doll. But then she'd likely cry again and Sam didn't want that. Not just because there was the risk that she'd cry on his costume again. But because she was his friend and the holiday he watched over was supposed to have people happy! Going around and pretending to be something they weren't and getting treats! Seeing people upset when Sam considered them to be of importance to him, in this case a friend than that was no good.

Perhaps he could find the bunny in that other tent..

Silently slinking off into the shadows, Sam made his way into the Firebreather Tent.

"Heh. Heh.."

---

What had Luso's search turned up however? It seemed genuine effort and a desire to help would have brought about the result that Luso was hoping for! For as he moved the crate, there would have no longer been a bunny staring back at him. But the doll that Aika had cherished so much and Sam had despised with every fiber of his pumpkin-like being.

However, something that might have surprised Luso was how Dolly was positioned. Seated up behind the crates and staring straight up at him. Almost as if she had been waiting for him.​

Ugh this clown... "Obviously we have to hear if they'll actually let him out." Kuroko replied looking towards Leonard and Cordis. "But knowing you guys I guess that's out of the question?"

"Uh..." Well, this wasn't a creepy sight to discover for sure. For a moment, Luso hesitated as his hand reached towards Dolly, confusion reigning over his thoughts, before his old, hardened bravery grabbed at the back of the doll's neck, "Come on, Dolly, Aika's looking for you and her ticket."

tumblr_o4ku0fGeh21v3qowuo4_100.png

"Don't worry Houdini, Dolly's going to be back. Luso and Sam are the bestest friends I've had in a while. They'll find Dolly..."

Aika felt comforted by the little rabbit cuddling up with her, staying positive with the thoughts that Luso and Sam would find her Dolly and her ticket.​

As the fortune teller presents herself she seems to be rather confident, despite her small size. And soon after she offers us tea, tea would be rather nice to have and I would hate to be a rude guest. But before I can answer she also seems to make a quote, but as of what I cannot tell, perhaps the tea will help my memory. So I bow my head gratefully and say "Why yes, some tea would be most appreciated". I then take the time to see what the others here are doing, for they all seem rather quiet. Much like myself I suppose, for no one else is ever hearing these Narrations aren't they?​

Among the whole mess, Mike was quiet. Quiet because he didn't wanted to get pissed. Okay, the guy's job was to do magic tricks, but was it really necessary to do stuff like making the girl's favourite doll dissappear as a rabbit? It'd be best for that magician to pull the doll out of his ass pretty fucking fast, because that wasn't funny at all. Mike was never one to like those "it's just a prank bro!" sort of guys, and that was exactly how that magician was sounding right now. By Arvid's face, it really looked like something had gone south during the trick. "It better have", Mike told himself. After a while since Luso had left the place after the doll, the old man was getting impatient.

"So, NOW would be a good time for Dolly to come back, wouldn't it, Mr. Arvid?"

At the press of the button, Rumble finally started moving again, somehow not bothering to notice neither Bazette appearing, nor the fact that Deadpool now lied crouched up in a corner, in pain. Was he going to fight someone, did that fight have his complete and full attention.

“No! I will not rest, until the person who dishonored me, is DESTROYED!”

Again attaining his idle, bobbing pose, a deep voice rumbled through the surroundings, if not echoing through the entire carnival. “RUMBLE McSKIRMISH! VERSUS! DEADPOOL! FIGHT!

A9HMPLu.jpg

As the voice finished, a health bar, score counter, and pixelated name for each of the contestants appeared in mid air above them, and Rumble took this as a signal to start attacking.

latest

Thrusting his hands in front of himself, while repeatedly yelling “Fireball”, said fireballs spawned, speeding towards Deadpool, each one blazing with heat, hinting to their somewhat explosive capacities. Once having shot around three of them, Rumble decided for going physical. This red-clad maniac had insulted him to unspeakable extents, and it was up to him to do something about it. Raising his arms in the air, yelling all the while, Rumble ran towards Deadpool. Once within a useful distance he lunged into the air, sticking out his foot in the merc’s direction as he quickly approached him.

latest

"Heh. Heh.."
Not that chuckle...not again!
tumblr_inline_mye8402ByU1qhazvy.gif

"Dammit..." he growls under his breath
"Alright, Sam...Come on out..."

he spins around, looking for the sack-headed child once again, but his eyes seemed to meet the empty entrance of the tent
Damn, Sam was going to sneak up on him again, wasn't he?!

Small beads of sweat formed on the teenage zombie's forehead, as panic began to set in, but he had to act like he was okay

He didn't want to look like an idiot in front of the Firebreather and Seras, did he?

So, he put on his bravest smile, and turned back, hoping Sam had already had his fill of fun from scaring the zombie for one day​

For a place called freakshow, a normal kid wasn't really what Kyousuke had been expecting. In its own way, or perhaps due to the fact the kid was stuck in a cage like an animal, it was still a little freaky, even for him. This carnival bunch were stranger than he had given them credit for.

Keeping a smirk on his face and his hands in his pockets, the esper eyed down Leonard and Cordis.

"I'm all for having some fun, but this kid isn't very interesting if you ask me. What's the point of keeping a dopey-looking kid like this around?"

tumblr_o4m832f7XR1ri3cnzo3_400.png

Oh dear, oh dear. This was all starting to get a bit out of hand! Arvid never had the intention of hurting the child's feelings! He had already made that mistake with Sam and had thankfully been able to keep the spirit happy with his performance. Now, his performance had only made things worse! He could see that Aika was enjoying Houdini's company but that his other guests like Iggy and Mike were beginning to grow bored/agitated. Not that Arvid could blame them! He should have known transforming a object that had no life to begin with into a living creature wasn't the smartest of moves!

"-Of course, of course! Do not worry, Aika. I will be back with your Dolly momentarily!"

Kneeling down, Arvid placed his hat atop Houdini and the bunny glanced up at it's master.

"Goodbye for now, may I return with what you seek!"

With that Arvid vanished and Houdini peeked out from the hat. The bunny then hopped away from Aika and knocking the hat off, Houdini leaped into the hat and vanished into a puff of smoke. From there three balls could have been seen shooting out of the hat giving the impression of them being juggled. Hopefully this would keep the guests entertained while Arvid tended to more important matters.

Reappearing outside of the tent, Arvid quickly glanced around for wherever Luso had gone. He couldn't see Sam anywhere but he couldn't worry about that now. He couldn't go back without that doll, that much was certain! "Come on, come on!"Arvid exclaimed in worry before spotting Luso and the doll. Grinning, Arvid quickly raced over to grasp Luso's hand.

"Haha! You've found the doll! I am so relieved! Thank you, Luso. I was so upset that I had ruined everybody's good time.."The magician explained before shaking his head from side to side. No, no time would be wasted bemoaning his own mistakes. They had to get back to the tent while they still had the doll! Twirling his wand while still having a gentle but firm grip on Luso, the two vanished and reappeared in the tent.

"I told you that you'd be reunited with your doll and so you have. But please keep your thanks to Luso. He is the one who found it after all!"

Now, where had Sam run off to?

---

Where had Sam wandered off to after all?

Why the little spirit had decided to take a trip in the Firebreather's tent. With his main purpose to look for Dolly of course but noticing that the rude zombie from before was in here? Sam couldn't help but want to have a little fun with him as well. Having latched onto the tent's walls, Sam crawled up and up until he could oversee the entire group. He made sure to not even let a giggle escape his lips. This had to be done in complete silence or else he ran the risk of letting the zombie in on his fun.

Positioning himself right above Ayumu, Sam dropped downwards. Seeking to land on Ayumu's shoulders, Sam began to tug at his hair, bop him on the head and all sorts of childish acts. All the while finally letting out his familiar series of giggles. His original quest-fueled by friendship was forgotten for now, having been put aside for mischievous antics.

The simple truth was that unless Ayumu took physical action and tried to stop the sack baby, the spirit would continue to plague him!

"Heheheheeheh!"

8b0cc2944e9914e31c3ba17ad5b7ac93.gif

Luso fought down the sense of vertigo that the sudden disappearance and reappearance, smiling as he handed Aika back her doll, "Here, Aika. I think she's alright, though there might be a little dirt on her."

"Dolly!"

Aika's eyes lit up once she saw her doll again, listening to both Arvid and Luso regarding the search of her Dolly. Without much warning, Aika ran over to give Luso a tight hug, tears of happiness on her face.

tumblr_o4mf9gCK4c1v3qowuo5_100.png

"Thank you Luso... thank you so much... Dolly and I knew you are a good friend!"

"So what you're saying there is always life and death, and the cycle continues?" Daisuke asked. This was the first fortune teller Daisuke met other then the one at Theia, which would direct Nazca's team to the right direction. But this one seemed weird.​

Luso laughed a little at the girl's enthusiastic hug, patting her head to comfort her, "Hey, no need to cry, Aika. It's just what friends do, you know, helping each other out like this. I'm sure you and Dolly would have done the same for me."

zombie_ep8_ayumu_awesome_face_by_zafz-d3b3yyx.gif

"GAH!"
Clawing at the child, the zombie thrashes about, trying to pull the child free
"Let me go, you little brat, that's not even a prank!" he growls as he grips the child by both of his arms, ripping him free of his head and throwing him away from himself
He feels the patches of hair on his head begin to grow back quickly "You're lucky I heal so quick, you little..." he sighs and begins to calm himself down, all the while glaring daggers at Sam

He couldn't beat up a kid, he'd look like an asshole. So, for now, he had to deal with it

"C'mon, Sam, that was a bit rough" he growls, trying to keep everything civil for now "Shouldn't you go play with Aika and Dolly?" he murmurs, rubbing his now sore scalp​

Seras having dazed out bit, snapped back to the world around her as she saw Sam fall upon the shoulders of the zombie she followed and suppressed a giggle. "Well then, you two are an interesting couple of children." She laughed. Funny, coming from a seemingly 19 year o,d English girl, but she was getting up there in age technically being 46 now. The perks of being a vampire.... Now now Sam, let's not hurt our friend" she says as she goes to pick him up off of the boy's shoulders~​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back