Side Story The Devil's Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iggy did not get to catch a glimpse of Sams full form, because he immediately started thinking about pumpkin pie as soon as the little boy tried to spook the dog with this ghastly visage. Indeed, the mental image of the 1000 year old pagan spirit was quickly and utterly suppressed by the canines insatiable hunger. Even with an intelligence like that of a human, the mind of the animal is far different that the mind of the man.

<"Pumpkin pie is kind of gross."> Iggy made his judgement, turning around and noticing that Sam and Aika had both wandered off into the open gate. <"I should probably follow those kids, this place gives me the creeps."> the dog continued his thought, glaring at Loyal for a brief second. <"Something tells me this guy is going to be a problem. Hmph, well, I don't want to end up getting myself turned into some kind of dog-person by that freakshow; I need to play along for now. Maby it won't be as hard to play along as I think it will, if this big-top asshole has some decent food."> Iggy began to drool at the thought of some snacks. He hasn't eaten since he got here, and that thought of pumpkin pie didn't make his appetite any smaller.

Supressing his hunger for a brief moment, the dog trotted through the main gate and into the carnival, deciding to follow Sam and Aika into the Illusionists tent.

tumblr_o4m832f7XR1ri3cnzo4_400.png

"Allow me to say once again that it's an honor to meet all of you! Even you my latest guest!"

Arvid exclaimed as he took a humble bow towards Mike and Houdini!Sam did the same, earning another pleased giggle from the genuine Pagan Spirit. Seeing how amazed Aika/Luso/and Sam were by his tricks, Arvid couldn't help but feel the slightest bit flustered. Making people happy with his tricks were the whole reason that he did them! But to get such genuine praise and so early on was a bit more than he was used to! But he appreciated it all the same and looking back at Houdini, Arvid put two fingers to his mouth and whistled.

Houdini recognized his master's call and nodded to Sam before poofing in a cloud of smoke once more. Hopping along while wagging his little bunny tail, Houdini climbed atop Arvid's arm once more as the illusionist twirled his wand back and forth in hand.

"You..Mike, right? You made a comment about horror movies correct? Well, did you know that horror movies often have some element of supernatural or even in some cases magic to them? Take the Wishmaster's Djinn for example! He'll grant anyone any wish! But it often blows back in the face of the wishmaker! Perhaps even literally! That type of magic is no good but it also shows a false understanding of how I feel magic should truly be represented. Which is as a force of good meant to be used at the enjoyment of others! Not at their expense or what have you! Which is why I have something special planned that I think you'll all enjoy! Houdini?"

The bunny wrinkled it's cute lil nose before bouncing off Arvid's shoulder as Sam watched curiously. What was this bunny going to turn into now? It had already shown that it could turn into a pillow and even a copy of him! But what else could it do? Hopping over to what seemed to be a rather bland looking wall with all sorts of knicknacks cluttering up the walls and a smiling face on the wall.

"Lead the way my furry companion! Show our guests the way to paradise!"

ffd4d48ef2a60fc63fd554cda29bb26f.jpg

Houdini made cute little bunny noises as he was wanton to do and leaped up. Vanishing in a puff of smoke once more and this time appearing as a hand. In this case the hand was pointing behind the group. If the group looked behind them, they'd see an elaborate set-up that hadn't been there when they walked in. Was this another one of Arvid's many tricks? Or was it just an illusion and it had been there the whole time and the group could only now see it? Whatever the case may have been, Houdini soon resumed his normal form and hopped towards the organ that was situated comfortably near the back wall of the tent. Glancing back at Arvid as if there was some type of signal between the two, Arvid gave the thumbs-up and Houdini began hopping from key to key.

It wasn't the most precises of tunes given that a bunny was orchestrating it but it helped set the mood. Sam was absolutely delighted for one. He had come in here expecting to hate the performance and he wasn't going to be afraid to show it. But now he wanted more and more tricks! He wanted to see everything that Arvid could do! Hopping up and down like the overzealous child that he was, Sam tugged on Arvid's cape. He had a trick of his own that he wanted to show Arvid and the others. Amused and pleased by how eager Sam was to see the performance, Arvid motioned for Sam to continue.

"Heh...Heh!"

Thanks to his 'unique' biology, losing limbs or healing what would otherwise be grievous wounds was no big issue for Sam. Which is why he'd grip onto his left arm and began to pull and pull and pull. Until a crunch could have been heard and pumpkin seeds could have been seen falling from the gap that Sam was making as he literally went about pulling his arm off. Once the arm was finally off, Sam let it drop to the floor and Arvid couldn't help but be the little bit unnerved. It was clear to him that Sam was no ordinary boy but perhaps this was just this boy's own display of magic, morbid as it may have been. Keeping a close eye on the severed arm, Arvid nearly toppled over in surprise as the arm began to move about on it's own. Even going so far as to shake hands with Sam's other-still attached-arm.

tumblr_o4m832f7XR1ri3cnzo3_400.png

"O-Oh! This..Is certainly a unique trick, Sam! I'm unsure I'd be able to duplicate it myself! But it has given me some insight! You're not exactly a human are you?" Arvid asked genuinely while trying to keep calm and ignore the fact that a severed arm was moving about as if it had it's own free will. Having been put on the spot, Sam tapped his chin in thought. Glancing down at the array of pumpkin seeds that had been left due to his 'trick', Sam grinned behind his mask. Utilizing his telekinesis, Sam arranged the seeds in such a manner to spell out a message.

"I'm not a human, nope! I was raised in a pumpkin patch by witches! Did you enjoy my trick, Mr. Arvid?"

Put more at ease by the fact that Sam seemingly didn't mean to frighten Arvid or any of the other guests, the Illusionist nodded. Reaching down, he sought to pick up the arm and hand it back to Sam.

"I certainly wasn't expecting it, Sam. But let me just say you seem like you'd fit right in with us folks here at the carnival! I can't say that any of us were raised in a pumpkin patch or brought up by witches of all things! You're the unique little boy, Sam and you had fun. That's all that really matters, I'd say!"

Giggling at the praise, Sam happily accepted his arm back and reattached it without any fuss. Looking over at Houdini who seemed to still be enjoying himself on the Organ, Arvid whistled once more and the bunny made his way over to be at his partner/master's side. "Now, do any of you have requests on what you'd like to see Houdini and I do?"

Waddling back over to Aika and Luso's side, Sam waved over at Iggy as he made his way into the tent. He knew he'd see that dog again! He just had a feeling..​

"Engaging cloaking protocol: Now you see me, now you don't," BOB said as his body slowly became transparent and disappeared completely. It was near perfect as there was only a slight shimmer in the air so one would either have to have hawk-like eyes or squint to notice it. Then BOB started moving and while he was still nearly undetectable, there was a audible metallic clanking. The reason why to cloaking himself was to catch people alone and corner them and then interview them. Of course, there was a eighty percent chance of them screaming when he would decloak which was why he would stay that way and act as a ghost to gauge reaction time and various other information.

He then proceeded to enter the puppeteer's tent to see if there was any interesting going on. Upon entering, a silent alarm went up inside his head bringing his attention that the cloaking battery was about to go out. For a few seconds he remained invisible till the battery went dead and the cloak deactivated.

BOB would then look around awkwardly to take in the tent.​

"Wow..." Well, Arvid hadn't been wrong. Luso's mind was being flooded by sensory overload as he reverted back to a laughing child at the sight of the transformed tent, his eyes wide and filled with wonder. How did the illusionist do all of this, so quickly and without drawing any attention to it? He hadn't even seen the man's hands move while they were turned around, and yet here it was, a brand new environment for them to gawk at, "This is amazing, Mister Arvid! Your magic is the best I've ever seen!"

In fact, his gawking had distracted him long enough to not notice Sam's little 'trick'. Perhaps it was for the best that he didn't notice the little spirit's true nature for now, and instead, just enjoyed the illusionist's displays.

"Hmm..." A few moments passed as he hummed away, trying to think of anything spectacular that he desperately wanted to see, "I don't know... I feel like anything you do is sure to make me happy. Aika, you have anything in mind you want to see?"

Spike stared at the festivities, extremelyweirded out now. He would look left, right, astounded by the sights, and yet in the back of his mind creeped out especially over the fact he was kidnapped to participate in a carnival show. Really ridicolous but otherwise, he would survey his surroundings with a bit of excitement gleaming in his eyes.

tumblr_luvkn7WclE1qdvsb6.gif

"Cool as Hell, this place sure is.. Weird at the same time." Proceeding his walk to the Daredevil's Tent, Spike stopped at the front of it though, as he breathed in somewhat frightened by what's on the other side, albeit knowing this was a normal setup.. Still, after the kidnapping of all of them, he wouldn't take any chances. Spike cautiously put his hand over his weapons holster, thinking quickly and with a careful mind as he Entered The Daredevil's tent.

tumblr_o4ku0fGeh21v3qowuo9_100.png

"Um... I think I have one thing I want to see..."

Aika wondered on what she wanted to see, and for some reason, this thought popped up in her head.

tumblr_o4ku0fGeh21v3qowuo1_100.png

"... I was wondering, if you can do a trick using my Dolly. Don't worry Mister Arvid, Dolly won't mind this at all. She's been used for lots of cool things already~"

Walking up to Arvid and Houdini, Aika held out her Dolly, a smile on her face with genuine curiosity.​

tumblr_inline_mrakefPxt61qz4rgp.png

"Freakshow, huh? What a way to advertise themselves," Kyousuke chuckled to himself. The esper decided to walk over to the strangely named tent.​

Offering naught but a small smile in return to Morgan, the woman pursed her lips, seeming to be waiting with profound patience for something. Apparently, this something was for Ashe to enter and speak. Unluckily for the poor girl, though, she was cut off before she could even finish her whole sentence. "I believe you mean 'fortune teller', miss... Ashe, yes?" she spoke, her hands delicately tracing over the table she stood by. "But yes, I am Velvetine. And you've all just ventured here after a chat with Monsieur Loyal," she commented, but it wasn't a question.

As for Velvetine, herself? She was a petite woman, but she held herself high, somehow managing to give off a calm and relaxed feeling at the same time. But that didn't matter - how did she know who her guest was?

VT_LCIII_intro.jpg

Briefly letting her purple eyes wander between the two, the woman gestured patiently to the side where the mats laid. "Care to take a seat? Would you perhaps like some tea? After all, as the Japanese Proverb says - If man has no tea in him he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty."

"Uhh... sure." Daisuke said, sitting on the mat.

No telling what might come next.​

Have you ever heard of the Three Card Monte? Otherwise known in certain circles as the Shell Game. It was simple enough. You showed the marble beneath one of three shells and shuffled them around. Some used sleight of hand to move it. Others used magnets or lesser ways to put em away. All of which Fate merely smiled at as he did so. There was a surefire way to move the marble wherever you wanted, but it required putting the audience and the mark into a state of false security.

Let the Shell Game begin.

Twisted Fate would have gone to the Fortune Teller, hanging out by the entrance with a smirk on his face.

He didn't believe in fortune telling. Considering his lifestyle, this was little surprise.

But he did have a plan and it would start here as he stepped inside with a drawl.

"Well ma'am, I got one out of three there. And hello to the rest of you."

Ashe nodded when the woman said her name. "This place is very nice. It reminds me somewhat of my home city." She said. "And thank you, Miss Velvetine. I would like some tea."​

Cat glanced at Iggy... Despite his almost hostile nature, which she suspected was related to her name... She felt almost inclined to pet him, thankfully things never reached that point, as they were ushered onto an area full of tents, looked like they had a few choices to make... There were many interesting placed to go... Just like in that house... All over again... But, what intrigued her most was the fortune teller's tent, and so, without much further thought, she headed over, quietly... She barely even entered, and sort of peeked in carefully, to see how many others had congregated here...​

The praise continued to come and Arvid's face was left flustered even further. He hadn't had such an appreciative audience in so long! Apart from the people who left him all those pumpkins as a sort of 'thank you' gift. They were a strange batch of people, those pumpkin-givers. But glancing to Aika as Luso asked her if she had anything in particular, Arvid tilted his head at the idea Aika had put forward. Most folks usually asked for Houdini to turn into something extravagant like an alien or a monster of some kind! Or even a object like a car! Holding a finger to his chin, Arvid kept his glance on Aika while speaking to Houdini.

tumblr_o4m832f7XR1ri3cnzo2_400.png

"What a strange request, wouldn't you agree Houdini? Asking a magician/illusionist of my caliber to work with something so simple as a doll? Why we should be outraged shouldn't we?" It was likely clear to Luso and Mike, maybe even Iggy as well that Arvid wasn't serious at all. But his holier than thou tone certainly wasn't lost on Sam who growled and stood defiantly in front of Arvid and held his lolipop up in a threatening manner. Even if Sam wasn't that big a fan of the doll, in fact if circumstances allowed for it he'd rip that doll limb from limb. But Aika was his friend and she wanted a trick done on her doll so it would be so!

Noticing the manner in which Sam addressed him, Arvid smirked.

"Ah, I see a crush blooms on the horizon for young Sam. Just like your carrots loom for you after this performance, Houdini."

*seriously excited bunny noises*

Annoyed by the implication that he, a pagan spirit would fall to something like a crush Sam huffed and turned his back to Arvid. The illusionist merely saw it as a confirmation of his playful teasing and knelt down near Aika with Houdini close enough for Aika to pet if she so desired.

"What would you have Houdini and I do for your dolly, Aika? Say the words and it shall be so!"

tumblr_o4mfhdBhrr1v3qowuo1_100.png

"Oh, um... can you make Dolly like your Houdini? Like... like a bunny?"

Aika mumbled, having a little soft side for cute animals. She had a cute puppy back home, so maybe bunnies would be a nice change of pace with the cuteness.​

tumblr_inline_mudxi6vf3T1rxy3w0.png

Huhu.

What an interesting variety of attractions to look at. So many magicians who would claim to be capable of amazing tricks, in front of Hisoka the Magician himself? Dear, oh dear. In that case, he would simply have to go see if everyone would be able to live up to their names. After all, there was little Hisoka disliked more than being underwhelmed by someone who was talking themselves up to be something that they were really not much of, like people who claimed to be strong, or funny, or even remotely interesting.

Of course, everything would be seen in due time. That, he would make sure of.

tumblr_inline_mudx7oNtwC1rxy3w0.png

With that being said, he would begin to make his way towards the Freakshow.

Takeru didn't choose based on preference, but based on who went. Status quo is important to look out for when you're a Kamen Rider.

Kuroko and the creepy clown dude were going, so he thought it'd be a good idea to head to the Freakshow as well.

"I don't know if you'll like that kind of science, Shirai-san..."

Taking out a yellow Eyecon and looking at it, he questions it, "I don't know if you're going to like this kind of science either, Edison."

And considering that there was no evidence that the incarnation of Thomas Alva Edison, whose soul lies dormant within the spherical object, was mutated into an albino patriotic electrical Leomon, the answer is probably a no.

Turning back, Takeru asks Deadpool, "you interested?"​

Seras smiled and nodded at Ayumu, following along as she strapped her rifle, Harkonnen, to her shoulder and effortlessly carried the heavy weapon along toward the Firebreather's tent. "Sure, I think I shall tag along with you~!" she said. Her eyes reverted back to a blue colour as she moved along. "Do you think maybe he will actually teach us firebreathing?" she asked with a smile.​

"Maybe" he says with a small smile "I hope so, I always wanted to learn how...and now I can heal if I get it wrong, I don't see why I shouldn't at least try to learn" he stops himself, pausing "Oh yeah" he chuckles and rubs his neck "Regeneration doesn't stop me feeling pain entirely. That's why I held off on the firebreathing lessons" He could only imagine the pain of lighting his own insides on fire and burning from the inside out, while constantly repairing the damage. The thought alone was enough to make him gulp audibly

"So what about you? You ever wanted to take some lessons?" he murmurs, trying to keep everything casual. He adjusts Mystletainn slightly, tweaking a few screws, and checking his chain as he spoke to Seras​

tumblr_ntyu4bqCOk1t4rhclo1_250.png

"Y'know, you have the dreamiest eyes from this angle..."

This poor sap has no idea, does he?

"What? That we're gonna win this fight by standing around doing jackshit until he gets bored and leaves?"

Eeeeee-yup.

"So, Ken-- can I call you Ken?"

Wade broached, sidling deftly around the pixelated button and up to Rumble real smooth-like, slipping a hand around his shoulder. He leaned in, eyepieces narrowed, voice a sultry, drawn-out whisper.

EoMu7hL.jpg

"...Have you ever been ravished by an ugly guy outside a carnival before? And I'm not talkin' "smoking pot, experimenting-with-Ryu-in-college" ravished. I mean by a reaaaaaal man. No pixels here, baby... all ink."

While talking, he started subtly waving Takeru, Kuroko and Frisk away with his other hand without looking, urging them on into the carnival.

"Go on now, kiddies, fuck off.You've got golden tickets to collect! Me... let's just say I'm about to put the Willy in Wonka, if you catch my drift. Thaaaaaaat's right. Gogogogogogogo..."

He shooed them off.

"Oh, and if you see sexy whip lady again tell her she's free to join in! Just make sure she brings some plot progression with her, cuz there sure ain't none here."

This girl was just full of surprises wasn't she? First she didn't seem at all put off by Sam's 'trick.' Perhaps it was due to her young age? She thought all of what Sam had done was simply just magic rather than Sam being whatever he was, even Arvid wasn't quite sure in that regard. But even so strange request or not! He couldn't fail to brighten up the day of a guest in his tent! Stepping back, Arvid rolled up his sleeves and spread his feet apart as he held his wand up.

"I have to admit, Aika. You're the first person to ever make such a request! Most people are content with seeing Houdini transform! Not having me transform them!But I can tell that this dolly holds great significance to you! So it'd be a disservice to both whoever gave it to you and my honor in keeping you and your friends entertained if I were to turn you down! So, consider it done! Your dolly shall become as Houdini is! Hear that, partner? You'll be getting a friend!"

Sam was less than impressed. If the spell ended up turning Dolly into a pile of ash then Sam would have been just as entertained. Perhaps even more so! As magic could have been seen being gathered at the end of Arvid's wand, Sam quirked his head to the side in curiosity. That seemed like quite the amount of magic for what was a simple spell. At least to someone with Sam's age and experience. But then maybe it was the fact that he'd been created by witches that was making him skeptic. He'd just have to wait and see and hope that Dolly was destroyed in the crossfire.

tumblr_o4m832f7XR1ri3cnzo5_400.png

"Warm a child's heart as a doll, let's turn up the heat as a bunny!"

Blasting Dolly with a beam of concentrated magic, Dolly would have vanished in a cloud of smoke just as Houdini did when he transformed. As the smoke faded away, there was no longer a doll in Aika's arms but the most adorable of bunnies. Pleased with what he had done, Arvid held up his arms and grinned.

"Ta-Da! Your request has been fulfilled! The magic should fade away in a few moments! But for now you have your very own personal bunny! Let me tell you that from experience, they're some of the most faithful and loyal companions that you can ever have!"

So, it had worked out. Perhaps Arvid truly did know what he was doing. Had the witches simply not used enough magic when creating Sam? Hmph, well it's not like it mattered! Aika still favored him as a friend over some stupid doll-turned-bunny!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back