The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellona rolled her eyes and shifted lightly away from Vert. It seemed this woman had no concept of personal space.

"Girls aren't my type. Back off, will ya?"

"Of course." Vert responded, backing away from Bellona to grant her the space she not-so-nicely asked for. "Wait a minute... I think I recognise you from a game a company created for multi-platform~ I believe it was called SMITE - Battleground of the Gods? It would seem that way judging from the appearance... I believe I remember playing that game a few weeks back before present times." "She does look familiar but I don't think I've played SMITE. Too much time working at the guild." IF added. "I don't think I've ever heard of that game..." "That's because if I'm not mistaken, Sega doesn't exactly make those kind of games, Plutia~ More so Sonic than anything else~"

@Hahli Nuva

Nep looked at the ghost for a bit before shaking her head. "Nope. Nothing quite like you, least not withing Planeptune. You look more like something Vert or Noire would have had as a game if you were from my world. That said, you do look like you could have made it there. Maybe it's destiny or something, but if you really are like something from my world, I would be more than glad to have you join! The more the merrier after all!" she then looked around quickly, spotting some new girl with greenish hair.

"In fact, that girl looks almost exactly like someone from my world. Well, not really, but Ein Al would probably do something like that." she said tilting her head a bit to the side before smiling. "Not that it matters Ms. I mean, friends come from all sorts of places and I'd rather have a nice and huge party of friends than worry about where they came from. In fact..."

"We'd be honoured to join you if we could, but sadly we'll be returning home after this. Ikora will most likely want to know more about that Warp Gate that sent us here." The Ghost responded, looking around as well to see the girl with greenish hair. "Hmm... She looks a bit out of place... Perhaps you should---" And then Nep decided to walk over to her, already predicting what the Ghost was going to recommend. "---Go greet her. Well, I'll go back to my Guardian then."

Neptune then hurried over to Terra, bending down to Terra's level as she extended her hand to help her up. "Hey there. My name is Neptune. You can call me Nep though. Nice to meetcha! What's your name?"

"Oh... My name is Terra.. It's nice to meet you, Neptune." She then looked towards Neptune's hand and grabbed onto it, pulling herself upwards. "I was just... uh... talking to myself, that's all.. Just thinking over what's happened... Ephraim..." She then grabbed out some kind of Lance and held it in front of her. "This was his Lance... He died protecting me outside of the city.. He gave his life for me and I grabbed his lance in memory of him.."

@Snowtwo

@Raffia Kiryuin

While the two groups were mingling together, getting to know each other and so on, Alec and Xiao were busy looking for a doctor, as Alec looked about ready to die. If not fade away into dust, he was a corpse walking at this point. Concussions, lack of blood, broken and cracked bones, Suffering from a lack of food and water, a massive black eye where his gun hit him, several panic attacks, and nearly dying to alien creatures in a sewer. The man had the worst luck in the world, how he is even existing is a miracle, let alone how he's still beating a heart. Xiao was carrying him over her shoulder, while he was becoming more and more delusional and less focused; blacking out at points.

Right now, he was singing some song Xiao would certainly not recognize. "We didn't start the fire~ It was always burning, Since the world's been turning!" His voice went from hushed tones to yelling as if he were in a crowd of people, "We didn't start the fire! No we didn't light it, But we trie' eh figh' i'......" He went dead quiet before he finished the second verse, his eyes suddenly becoming heavy. He found it hard to keep them open, and the moment he let them close, his legs gave way and found his face smacking into the metal floor with a loud smashing echo of his skull bouncing from under his skill.

"Ehhhhhhh...." He could barely let out a noise, let alone a shriek of pain from such a hard landing. Alec barely moved and let his body remain motionless, wanting to sleep away the pain. This was just a nightmare. He'd wake up soon.

"Of course." Vert responded, backing away from Bellona to grant her the space she not-so-nicely asked for. "Wait a minute... I think I recognise you from a game a company created for multi-platform~ I believe it was called SMITE - Battleground of the Gods? It would seem that way judging from the appearance... I believe I remember playing that game a few weeks back before present times." "She does look familiar but I don't think I've played SMITE. Too much time working at the guild." IF added. "I don't think I've ever heard of that game..." "That's because if I'm not mistaken, Sega doesn't exactly make those kind of games, Plutia~ More so Sonic than anything else~"

@Hahli Nuva

Bellona crossed her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow. What in the name of the Gods were these girls talking about? Whatever it was, SMITE was definetly no game.

"Smite is anything but some game! It's the legendary battleground where only Gods can walk. We test our stregnth and abilities every hour of every day. In the arena, anything goes and if you don't work with your team or understand your role you die. You girls don't want to ever experience that kind of pain."

@Raynar Saassin

"Very well." Irantu said, deciding to not ask the AI about the meme it referred to. After all, it's probably contagious. "And we're done now? Nothing else to be done?"

Negative twelfth pointed at the archaic flip phone, "Well, Irantu, that's a neural manifold which by definition works the way you expect it to work. I only define initial conditions. I suggest determining what you can discern from the communique. I'm not sure if I'm hearing it secondhand or through other hardware."

OOC-
it threw a psychic object at Irantu. How Irantu expects it to work is how it works since it's only in his head. -1/12 just makes the shape. There's a call waiting like voice mail. -1/12 doesn't know if it's something he hears in that room or if it's from foundation communications.

Continuing on to Mundi it knelt down to the droid whom since retreated to its compact box-like organization. Gun left on the floor beside it. A swirl-loop of glowing particles ran circles around its square top. Each mote passed from one vent then to the other though turbulence came from a traffic jam at the side damage where they couldn't enter in volume. The whole engaged in self-test flights and dust harvesting for carbon and silicon to rebuild themselves. That breeding cycle left Mundi inert as most of its processor time spent on self-diagnosis and repair of broken nanobots from its attrition hopper. Drilling through hard concrete walls was severely harsh on the things of minute size.

OOC-
Mundi boxed himself to sleep. Dropped the hemmorage energy gun on the floor. nanobots are self-testing and rebuilding broken ones. The broken vent on mundi's side causes problems for them. Eating dust for nanobot bondo. Mundi's too busy doing this to interact. Sending nanobots at concrete to drill holes broke a whole lot of his supply.

Negative Twelfth's poor sense of vocal location came as if from everywhere while its hands poked at the vent, "Mundi needs to self-repair. It's an infrastructure in a box not a tank. It has a handle roll it with you until my pet returns. You have full access to what foundation armory blueprints I'm exposed to for what materials we have. The energy weapon here is from the UNSC leaf of my whole person. Feel free to characterize the armory, my logs, and the active map in my memory as some familiar object as they are currently nonphysical mental constructs. We need a way home or I need some way to make cross-planar transmissions with Overwatch. I still need to move where the inner loop is unless you all die at the same time and I end up idled in Mundi again."

OOC-
-1/12's voice comes from everywhere. It pokes at the vent to feel out repairs with the bots. Mundi's a utility not armored infantry. Take care with it. Move Mundi with the top handle until mundi wakes up. I know how to make foundation weapons with Mundi if I have stuff to build it. Gun's from mundi and the halo part of myself. Determine what the armory list, logs, and map look like. I haven't set any form and you can. Find us a way back or a way to talk to your boss. I can't just warp back home I can't think there. If you all die Mundi keeps me here.

@Agent Puncake

"Ehhhhhhh...." He could barely let out a noise, let alone a shriek of pain from such a hard landing. Alec barely moved and let his body remain motionless, wanting to sleep away the pain. This was just a nightmare. He'd wake up soon.

It looked over at Alec chatting to whoever heard, "So soon? I may need to impose one of them already. Fragile creatures, the living. Sadly, I do not have an uninjured image. Just the mostly-dead one. Better than the dead version I suppose."

OOC-
Alec's dying already? I'll have to resurrect him. humans easily bleed to death. I took his image when he was half-dead. I can only move him to that.

@Bobby the Prussian

Last edited:
"Well..." said Neptune, looking at the lance and reaching out as if to hold it. "That's a real downer. Buuut, you're still alive. So there's gotta still be some hope left. I mean, sacrifices shouldn't ever be made for nothing and stuff like that. I can imagine the pain very well. I felt something a bit similar with Peachy left me. Take your time to mourn, but we're in the middle of a battlefield as well. When the time comes to fight I'm gonna need you up there and fighting with the rest of us. Can't let the bad guys win after all! I'll admit though... I kind of don't really know how to handle this sort of situation. I mean, I know how I'd handle it at home, but things are different there."

"This is the end, Ben Tennyson! Soon, the reign of Homosapiens will be over, and soon will rise the Animosapiens!"

"Ugh, this again?"

Ben Tennyson, assuming the form of Feedback, was facing one of his various enemies, Doctor Animo, in combat.

"I can stop you just as easily as I did back then, so..."

"Not if you feel the wrath of my mutant giraffe!"

Doctor Animo sent forth a three-headed mutant giraffe, that was easily dealt with by a few of Feedback's kicks and punches.

"Are you trying to kill me from boredom and redundancy?" Feedback asks as he plugs his fingers onto the bomb, draining the force of the explosion, before releasing a stream of energy back at the bomb. The resulting flash of light was most unexpected.

"You fool!" Doctor Animo exclaims, "what have you done?"

"This cannot be good."

Ben Tennyson had found himself lost. He did not recognise the place before him. Was it another planet? Another realm as a whole? Either way, it was unfamiliar and mostly cold as he rose from the ground.

The last thing he remembered before this was his fight with Doctor Animo. His very last action was absorbing a DNA bomb as Feedback, before he deflected it back upon his foe. The resulting explosion caused him to see a bright light, a bright light that was shone upon his face before he found himself here.

It seemed that he was human once more.

"Looks like some sort of... bunker..." Ben says, knocking the walls that caged him. It appears that it didn't just cage him, but others too.

Approaching the larger group, he starts to speak, "I don't know what's going on right now, or who any of you guys are. This isn't an alien prison or anything, is it?"

Irantu nodded. The small robot certainly seemed asleep - no more pleasant voices and beeps, instead resting silently on the stone floor.

He picked up the gun from the ground and examined it, as he mentally "picked up" the phone and held it to his face, clicking a few times, and opening up the voice message.

@lil_kreen

Ben Tennyson had found himself lost. He did not recognise the place before him. Was it another planet? Another realm as a whole? Either way, it was unfamiliar and mostly cold as he rose from the ground.

The last thing he remembered before this was his fight with Doctor Animo. His very last action was absorbing a DNA bomb as Feedback, before he deflected it back upon his foe. The resulting explosion caused him to see a bright light, a bright light that was shone upon his face before he found himself here.

It seemed that he was human once more.

"Looks like some sort of... bunker..." Ben says, knocking the walls that caged him. It appears that it didn't just cage him, but others too.

Approaching the larger group, he starts to speak, "I don't know what's going on right now, or who any of you guys are. This isn't an alien prison or anything, is it?"

Plutia walked over to Ben after he had been teleported into the Bunker structure and greeted him. "Hi~ My name's Plutia~ What's your name, mister?" She asked with a bright smile on her face. If Ben knew anything about Sadism, he could feel that something was weird about Plutia, almost like she's hiding a very dangerous personality inside her with a innocent exterior. "We're all in here after another group came in after fending off some weird monster things~ We're all just chatting while we wait for something... I don't know what we're waiting for though~ Hehe~"

@Crow

"Well..." said Neptune, looking at the lance and reaching out as if to hold it. "That's a real downer. Buuut, you're still alive. So there's gotta still be some hope left. I mean, sacrifices shouldn't ever be made for nothing and stuff like that. I can imagine the pain very well. I felt something a bit similar with Peachy left me. Take your time to mourn, but we're in the middle of a battlefield as well. When the time comes to fight I'm gonna need you up there and fighting with the rest of us. Can't let the bad guys win after all! I'll admit though... I kind of don't really know how to handle this sort of situation. I mean, I know how I'd handle it at home, but things are different there."

"I know... And I'll be sure to avenge him for going down in battle trying to protect me.." Terra responded to Neptune, starting to smile a bit as she brushed a tear that was forming in her eye. She put the lance back onto her back, in which she had salvaged some kind of holder from Ephraim which she assumed he used to have the Lance be carried on their back. If Neptune was observant, she would notice that a particular crystal was on her necklace:

hfJpR1e.png

On her neck, it felt warm and pulsated with some kind of Magical Power as she held it close to her. Perhaps there was something special about this crystal?

@Snowtwo

Plutia walked over to Ben after he had been teleported into the Bunker structure and greeted him. "Hi~ My name's Plutia~ What's your name, mister?" She asked with a bright smile on her face. If Ben knew anything about Sadism, he could feel that something was weird about Plutia, almost like she's hiding a very dangerous personality inside her with a innocent exterior. "We're all in here after another group came in after fending off some weird monster things~ We're all just chatting while we wait for something... I don't know what we're waiting for though~ Hehe~"

@Crow

As Plutia neared him, Ben felt something off, so his hand neared his Omnitrix. This Plutia's mana was... something.

Though, the fact that no one knew him confirms one of few things - A, he was away from Earth and on a planet that had not heard of him or would only recognise him via his Omnitrix, B, he was in another universe where he did not exist. The latter definitely happened before, when he met one of his allies - Rex Salazar, the 'robot boy' as Ben calls him.

The best way to confirm this was to introduce himself.

"I'm Ben Tennyson. Just call me Ben," he replies humbly, "good to meet you, Plutia, and... uh... the rest of you. Whatever your names are."

@Raynar Saassin

Trying to find shelter from all of these gods Xiao ended up finding Alec in a very poor condition. Deciding to help him out she dragged his arse down the halls in search of a doctor. Looking through room after room with not a single living soul in them she sighed. "Just what the hell is wrong with this place... there's dozens of bloodthirsty gods here but not a single healer..." She grumbled and was about to yell at Alec to shut up. His song was slowly grinding on her nerves.

After reaching yet another room Xiao poked her head in and called out. "Anybody there?...ehh why am i even calling...of course nobody is there!"

Irantu nodded. The small robot certainly seemed asleep - no more pleasant voices and beeps, instead resting silently on the stone floor.

He picked up the gun from the ground and examined it, as he mentally "picked up" the phone and held it to his face, clicking a few times, and opening up the voice message.

A melodic chorus of static notes raised the noise floor when the message began to play, "Can you hear the holy noise, brother? The carrier wave of the mind? It doesn't feel like ours, brother. *Kkkswweeerrrt* in samsara, do you read? Are you in the lab? We saw your update. This is *eeeeeeee* I want a banana. And that chainsaw. *Pop* *pop* trying to trace your connection. A facility malfunction seems tied to your squad... There's a gain drop? Where? *Fweeeeeen* ...mit. oh, good. We need to build some hardware at the *break into chanting* keep transmitting. Stay alive."

The hard sound sub machine gun showed a full clip of 200 charges. Shown on the reflex sight that appeared as Irantu weilded the gun. Though it had an empty socket where the cord protruding from Mundi's top would go.

@Agent Puncake

"Interesting." Irantu noted. "I do not yet know who the speaker is... but I dare say he knows me, perhaps more than I should care for."

He inspected the gun. "200 rounds. What sort of munitions does the weapon fire? Who used this weapon previously?"

@lil_kreen

Negative twelfth pointed at mundi, "My pet used the weapon against the creatures just now. It's a hard sound energy weapon and I understand it causes internal hemorrhaging on impact. Less than the rifle form but mundi is low on tantalum. Power itself abounds. My pet has a mini fusion plant."

Negative twelfth shrugged,"As for the identity of the caller I'm not entirely sure who the recording came from exactly. The wiring gives my awareness a distinct lack of focus."

@Agent Puncake

Irantu holstered the gun as best as he could. "Very well. I'll have one of my team members protect the robot. Munru."

Munru came back. "Yes?"

"Secure that robot. It has wheels like a luggage. Protect it." Munru nodded and began fiddling with the box. Irantu turned his gaze towards the rest of the bunker. "There are lots of people here..."

@lil_kreen

Last edited:
Trying to find shelter from all of these gods Xiao ended up finding Alec in a very poor condition. Deciding to help him out she dragged his arse down the halls in search of a doctor. Looking through room after room with not a single living soul in them she sighed. "Just what the hell is wrong with this place... there's dozens of bloodthirsty gods here but not a single healer..." She grumbled and was about to yell at Alec to shut up. His song was slowly grinding on her nerves.

After reaching yet another room Xiao poked her head in and called out. "Anybody there?...ehh why am i even calling...of course nobody is there!"
"I am!" Said the voice over the intercom. The same one from the bunker door. It was a British and cheery sounding one, and not long after it spoke again, a door besides Xiao and Twelfth opened. Inside looked to be a medbay thankfully, with bunk beds, some medical tools and supplies, and the man behind the intercom. He was a lad in a light brown coat and dark brown suit, with spiked hair, glasses, and holding a strange blue device that emitted a sonic sound. With the heroes may not realize it, they were with one of the most dangerous men in his universe, but one of the luckiest. With him, they might just get out of this place alive.

tenth_doctor_brown_coat__85361.jpg

"Hello there!" He spoke up with that same cheery voice, moving over to Xiao to shake her hand. "I'm the doctor! Sorry about not coming out sooner, I'm still exploring the bunker and figuring out all the technological stuff in it." He explained quickly, looking over to Alec. "Doctor wh-Seuss?" Alec lifted his tired and drowsy head up to look at the doctor, only top drop down again before he finished speaking... Think he tried saying doctor who, but instead said Seuss without realizing it. The Doctor lifted Alec's head back up to look at him with a very concerned brow. "Hooo-boy, that's a nasty concussion you have there." He commented. Without looking to Xiao, he told her, "Bring him over here," pointing to a CT device. BJ was behind Xiao and put Alec's other arm over his shoulders to help the young avatar carry him.

Once Alec was under the CT scanner bed, the doctor started up the machine; looking to the computer screen once it scanned his brain. "So who are you?" He asked the three. "BJ Blakowicz, US Marine." BJ was first, "He gonna be okay, doc?"

"With me, he'll be back on his feet before the sun comes up....." The Doctor looked to his watch to see the time, which was 5:00 in the morning, so he had an hour. ".... Yeah, I think I can do that. Give myself a challenge-- Ohhhhhhhhh..." The scans popped up and everything was red. Very dark red over his brain. "Jeez, how are earth are you still alive?!" The Doctor asked aloud to Alec, baffled by how much damage he took; responding with a, "euuuuuuuuuh...."

Last edited:
"Its because i kept him alive as best as i could." Xiao explained to the doc as she watched him use things that move on their own and once more that scanner thing. its magnetic fields so intense she could feel it warp her sense of the world around her. "The Name is Xiao and im the avatar." She introduced herself to the man who called himself Doctor.

Xiao then looked over to BJ. "I wouldn't worry about him. It'll take a lot more to kill Alec." She knew first hand how much the Scotsman went through. The man was either the luckiest human being alive, or fate has plans for him, because how this man was not dead is beyond a miracle.

@Bobby the Prussian

In a room not too far away from the main entrance there was a certain red Twi'lek sitting down on a scruffy pillow. It appeared as if she was meditating yet the aura that came off from her was anything but calm and welcoming. Feeling a small group of three pass by she looked up a little and let out a sigh. "Damn it...." She muttered as her concentration was shattered.

Deciding to see who else was around she walked over to the door and opened it up. The trio that she sense was long gone by now but there were quite allot more people to her left side so she went to see whats going on down there while hoping that it weren't those god awful slimy things again. Even kiliks weren't as bad as those things...

Last edited:
If the Twi'lek could feel force creatures move about the bodiless monk walking past her felt much the same way. It was in pursuit of the Avatar and Alex both.

@Raffia Kiryuin

Negative twelfth never saw much need to announce itself whether the doctor saw it or not. The bald headed faceless monk in yellow robes tapped xaio on the shoulder.

The soft voice spoke slowly, "Though he will need healing your friend Alec has a second chance. Even if your doctor should not succeed. Through the harness and your mind a cracked mirror of him exists."

It looked over to bj, "If your friend is also hungry for life perhaps he should wear his harness and not keep two apples in his pocket."

@Bobby the Prussian @Raffia Kiryuin

As Munru fiddled with the handles along Mundi's surface the faint glowing stream of nanobots diverted towards the hand. They did what programming dictated and refurbished exposed metal or exposed scars. Some squeezed deeper servicing cybernetics then squeezing back out without so much as leaving a hole.

The foundation leaf of negative twelfth's looked around in it's telltale lab coat,"do you hear that, Irantu? Perhaps not. Someone with a an unaddressable contact is near. It rather sounds like an open mic with nobody speaking would to you. It's there someone new?"

@TheGreenerGrey

"Is that a share crystal?" asked Neptune, pointing to the piece of magicite with a curious look in her eyes. "Nah. It couldn't be. I can tell, you're not from my world, so you wouldn't have share power. So what is it then? Some kind of magic crystal? Can you rub it and look into weird and far off worlds with it? Sorry. Just being curious here. After all, getting to know new friends is important and everything. Something tells me it's more like a game disk than a share crystal anyways. Something you equip to augment your abilities and the like."

---

Dark clouds swirled overhead, the moisture clinging heavily to Alistia's clerical robes as she looked out over the field before her. Overhead the glowing and malicious red light of the moon pulsated down giving the field before her a sickly lighting. All around her, gathered from all three nations within the Alliance, was the last army of Eorzea. Not that troops didn't remain but, rather, if they fell here, there would be no more war. At her sides were her... companions. Fellow adventurers whom had stood at her side through thick and thin. Arbert, the leader of their group despite Alistia's powers due to his natural leadership, Blanhaerz whom was a massive towering Roegadyn paladin and faithful warrior of the light, J'rhoomale whom was a fellow Miqo'te despite being of the sun to Alistia's moon and the two getting along very poorly, Naillebert of elzen blood and arcane prowess, and herself of course. More were there as well, faces she recognized but the darkness seemed to veil their faces despite that it was midday. A loud noise filled the air as a streak of red filled the sky and an explosion rocked the earth miles away, strong enough to cause the pebbles on the ground to shudder. It wasn't even an attack. Just the sheer force of parts of the moon splintering off.

On the opposite side of the field, their lines already drawn up for battle and invasion, was the Garlean Empire. Their armored knights, their magitek machines, and worst of all, the glowing and pulsating red moon overhead. A sound filled the air as two more shards plummeted earthwards and the armies charged forwards towards each other with mighty cries of war. More shards rained down from on-high as the moon started to crack and blue light shone forth from within. More massive shards rained down and Alistia could see them slamming into the cities. Ul'dah, Gridania, Limsa, ripping through buildings with ease. Armies charged forth towards each other and the heavy clash of metal upon metal filled the air. Light flowed forth from Thyrus as Alistia tried to tap into the spirits of the earth, as, around her, soldiers met each other. A fellow Gridanian wielding a spear charged forth in the front lines only for the Garlean to raise his own shield up and, with a swift stroke, bring down his blade upon the Gridanian's neck. Instantly Alistia's mind snapped away from the spell of earth, changing over to healing magic as she cast, the light illuminating a body, a body she knew all too well to be little more now.

A blast of fire shot by her head as several of the magitek suits advanced forwards, their maws opened wide as fire magic formed for new blasts. A second volley came forth, wizzing past her head as she moved with deft feet to slip right between each of the blasts, only for them to slam into the ranks of Alliance forces incinerating multiple troops behind her. Her teeth gritted in anger as she tried to raise her staff up to launch an attack. Lightning shot out from her own ranks as Naillbert channeled forth magical lightning to strike the suits of armor as Albert rushed into the fray, his axe swinging wildly overhead and catching one of the suits of armor, practically ripping it up and off the ground before he brought the axe down upon it, terminating the suit. A volley of bullets ripped through the air, smacking into Albert and bouncing off his armor just as a barrier rose up and a volley of arrows from J'rhoomale silenced those whom had fired as the Miqo'te sprung through the air, bow in one hand and magic in the other in bardic fashion. Could she even do that? She couldn't remember the bard picking that technique up as she rushed to Albert's side, kneeling down beside him as she made sure he was fine. Blanhaerz came forth with his shield, planting it down firmly to block the rest of the incoming fire as Albert regained himself. Then, with a smile and wink, he turned around with the axe in-hand as he charged forth. Blanharz pulled up his shield and the two rushed forwards into the enemy lines, their blade and axe cutting through the enemies as another arrow silenced another Garlean. Another blast of fire from Magitek came down, missing the pair, only to explode as Naillbert returned with his own fire. Alistia hurried forwards, trying to get her staff up for support, only to not move. The muck of battle was too thick and her feet were being sucked into the mire. She pulled hard, trying to struggle to get free as her companions moved forth. Cries of battle as Alliance and Empire fought, explosions of magic and magiteck, arrow and bullet, and she was trying to pull herself free.

Then, overhead, the central spire of the moon came free. It rocketed earthwards, impacting the ground with its mighty size, towering upwards at least fourty stories tall if not more, the sheer force enough to cause both sides to cease their fighting as they tried to regain footing. Overhead the moon split open. A thousand upon a thousand pieces of moon filled the air as the primal Bahamut burst forth from within, tearing through it like it had been an eggshell. He was massive! His wings alone would have been large enough for a city to be founded upon, the palms of his hands large enough to cradle an entire platoon without noticing, and his maw large enough to end the battle with a single bite. As more and more of the moon fell away he let loose a mighty and massive bellow, loud enough to be heard around the world as thousands upon thousands of shards rained down, explosions piling on top of each other and ripping the land apart across Eorzea.

Then Bahamut took flight. His massive size catching shards and shrapnel in his wake. His speed fast enough to cause gusts strong enough to sweep people off their feet, and the pieces of the moon caught in his wake raining down upon the Alliance forces, ripping through them like the most savage of missile salvo's. All around her soldiers fell left and right. Two shards came towards Alistia who quickly managed to fling herself out of the way only for them to smack into more soldiers, the fires washing over their forms and char them to cinders as the torn face from one slammed firmly into her, its empty eyes and voiceless scream gazing up back towards her causing her to drop it in terror. More shards fell. More impacted the cities. The volume large enough to cause massive storms and waves of water, wind, and dust to wash over them. Her fellow companions came to her side, standing beside her and helping her upright.

Before them was Bahamut, in the air before them, ready to fight. He had almost destroyed everything with his mere passing and now the battle would be joined. His wings expanded in a mighty flap and parted the clouds, sending them scattering with ease. Suddenly, from across the land, massive spires of light shot forth towards the sky. Their final hope, their only hope, to stop such a powerful beast. The power of the twelve gods, called upon by fellow scions, issuing forth from across the entire continent. Spires of crystal and prayer rising upwards like massive spears, all the hopes of the people of the land condensed together. They rose upwards and surrounded the primal before shooting forwards, trying to impale him through and through as lightning and light surrounded Bahamut, his power protecting him. A shell started for form around him as, covering the entire sky, a mighty circle of magic formed, the full power of the gods coming to bear to seal the beast away again. Their symbols formed within the air, rising upwards, the seal almost finished. Only to be exploded in an instant, blasting away the prayers and hopes of the people, the power of the gods, and every chance at once as a mighty flare of power filled the sky, Bahamut remaining unphased, charging a flare to destroy all.

Alistia's hand came up, crying out to try and stop him, doing her best to bring the power of earth to bear, to form up, an attack, a ward, anything. As the very earth rose up to join in the flare there was only one fate. One conclusion. Light surrounded her companions as they were pulled away by teleportation magic. Alistia tried to run, the light seemingly forsaking her entirely, only to stumble and fall. A hand was clamped around her foot. Albert's. She screamed as she tried to pull herself away as, on the limits of her vision, she could see one of the scions, a close friend, getting ready to make the final sacrifice to stop Bahamut. His body glowed with crystaline light as, slowly, he started to rise up. His hand came down to grab Alistia's arm, pulling her deeper into the muck. He rose up higher and higher as Alistia tried to break free, tried to do anything, anything at all to stop the oncoming sacrifice as he shot through the air light a spear of light. Another arm came over her body as the head of an elzen woman came up besides her own. She twisted and tried to turn as the man slammed into Bahamut as another came forth to hold her down, that of a Roe woman, then a well-endowed Hyur woman, then an Ishgardian soldier... All as the final battle foe Eorzea played out overhead. More and more piled atop Alistia, soldiers, foes, friends, swarming over her, pulling her down below the mire and, just as her vision faded away, the sight of the mighty beast turned to crystal, defeated by the sacrifice of another.

---

Alistia gave a small yawn as she sat up on her bed, scratching her side before bringing her tail around for a scratch as well before bounding up and out of bed. Calmly she walked upstairs from her basement to her coffee table where a bowl of soup, a gift from a friend, lay out on the table.

"Please! Eat this! I haven't seen you eat anything in, like, a month. I made it especially for you." Alistia bent down to sniff it. It was a nice beef soup and, for a moment, she considered it before deciding she'd eat just a bit later. Getting dressed into her clerical robes she went over to a checklist. "Bloody dream again." mumbled to herself before yawning once more, stretching out as even her tail stood on end and her ears wriggled about. She had plans for today. A new group of adventurers needed training in one of the ancient temples, chocobo races, and today was the cactpot drawing! With a smile she opened the door to the outside and stepped out. Instantly a large yellow bird was on her, rubbing its head along her own.

"Hey Floofy! How are you doing boy? Feeling good?" she asked as she scratched him a bit and pet his beak. "Don't worry. I didn't forget about you. Just got a few errands and wanted to make sure you were awake. I'm going to get some stuff and I'll be right back." she said before pulling some greens out to feed him. Then she entered her house again and a green light filled the home.

---

"Mphg!" cried out Alistia, falling hard on her tail as she had been seated, bowl of soup formally in her hands now having suddenly found it's way atop her head as she collapsed down to the ground. She had just sat down and started to eat, a piece of meat stuck in her throat, when green light had suddenly filled her home. She coughed weakly, trying to wheeze just a bit and pound her chest to free the chunk.

"help!"

Xiao looked over to the monk who tapped on her shoulder and nodded to his words. "A second chance he will get...but enough memory of him i do not have to form a solid image." She suddenly looked behind herself towards the exit of the room. She could swear she could see somebody pass by with red skin?

A moment after exiting her room she not only could feel N12 she could actually see the faceless monk rush after the trio that was long gone. She felt intrigued why a force ghost of all things would rush after them she considered for a moment to follow it. But her previous experiences told her to rethink it and head in the opposite direction as she was worried that one of the three might be an even stronger force user than her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back