The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Long Live the Villain

Shego followed the crowds gaze towards the central tower. She felt a sense of a de ja vu almost. What was it with villains and towers?

She looked mildly interested as they told her about the fanatics and beasts. Scoffing at their mention of submitting.

“This Kefka guy, how long has he been around?”

Cal said nothing as they walked, still watching ALFRED process the droid's internal functions and programming. There was something off about the droid for him - something unfamiliar. The robots back home are more or less domesticated, in a sense - he's yet to see one with such a wide range of autonomy - and, perhaps more intriguing, the human-like emotions and responses. It was something he'd have to explore more of when he got back home.

He missed his ship.

"Hmm... You're oddly quiet. Thinking about something?" Tyber asked, looking towards Cal slightly while they were walking, being guided by HK and co. Meanwhile HK and Urai were conversing. "Statement: Something about your accomplice doesn't quite sit right with me and usually anything goes by. Observation: He appears to be quite knowledgeable on the trade of deal making and negotiations." "Indeed. The Zann Consortium has thrived very well in the background under Tyber's control. He knows precisely when to move our fleets, make our moves and has efficient conversing skills involving obtaining new weapons, ships and information." "Query: And what of combat operations? You make him and this Consortium sound like a pacifist mercenary group." "We are ruthless and efficient, striking where they are most vulnerable. Our greatest weapon is corruption, allowing us to stake our claim on planetary governments while laying a covert mark on the planet itself."

Shego followed the crowds gaze towards the central tower. She felt a sense of a de ja vu almost. What was it with villains and towers?

She looked mildly interested as they told her about the fanatics and beasts. Scoffing at their mention of submitting.

“This Kefka guy, how long has he been around?”
"It's been around for roughly two weeks now. His Tower was constructed on the same day he arrived using his magic powers, and it's taken two weeks plus to construct that cultist tower and it's still under construction to this date."

"But Kefka is ruthless and cruel. He constantly unleashes monsters from the depths of his tower onto us and we're hopeless to stop him. We just sit and wait until either someone saves us or if we die eventually to his grip."

"But hope will never come. No one has come to us since he showed up, and no one ever will. / You might as well just give up now while you can. There's no way you can take him on your own. Not unless you have a death wish."

"This robot. Droid, whatever." Cal replied. "It's got a lot of autonomy in it. Normally, when we do robotics, we either have the obedient type, or we upload an AI into it. But this one feels weird to me - like an AI gone rogue, but not necessarily lost any of its functions. It intrigues me."

@Raynar Saassin

Shego sneered at the people, paying little attention to their warnings “I’ve dealt with stranger things than a weirdo in a tower with a god complex” she muttered under her breath.

Turning away from the crowd she used the various ledges to pull herself to the roof of the building to plan her next move.

(reboot of strife in the large room)
[… ERROR!
Spatial navigation interrupted, COMM’s down
Teleportation event detected.
Sensor damage detected. Switching to manual scan.]

The chromed cyclops head tilted as Strife’s main optical sensor surveyed the surroundings.
A large circular room with a strange man standing in the center. As if waiting for something or someone. . .
Did this man wait for him perhaps the machine thought, it was a possibility that could not be forsaken considering the man was showing little reaction to his arrival at initial moment.

[Spatial displacement protocol activated listing objectives
Establish perimeter, Gather information, Secure communications, Secure resources to return to area of operations at all costs. No limitations applied to current objectives]

"This place" Strife's robotic voice boomed "where and what is it?"

His HUD was filled with data as it gathered still it was lacking. He needed more even perimeter establishment was difficult at this time.

"This robot. Droid, whatever." Cal replied. "It's got a lot of autonomy in it. Normally, when we do robotics, we either have the obedient type, or we upload an AI into it. But this one feels weird to me - like an AI gone rogue, but not necessarily lost any of its functions. It intrigues me."

"From my Universe, you'd be intrigued at almost all droids then." Tyber exclaimed with a little chuckle. "Most don't like to reprogram their droids unless they go out of order. Some keep them as companions, some use them in their ships to help them repair if they get attacked or provide some kind of assistance, and some have them act as guards or servants." "Retort: And I hate that." HK-47 responded, who was clearly listening in to their conversation. "Droids tend to blend into the background, like a bench or a card table. Mockery: Droid, fetch this. Droid, translate that. Droid, clean out the trash compactor. Part of the love of my function comes when the ‘furnishings’ pull out tibanna-powered rifles and point them at the owners' heads. Statement: I also have my legal requirements of course." "And what would those be?" "Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally." "I don't believe that Killee is even a word." "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"

@Agent Puncake
Shego sneered at the people, paying little attention to their warnings “I’ve dealt with stranger things than a weirdo in a tower with a god complex” she muttered under her breath.

Turning away from the crowd she used the various ledges to pull herself to the roof of the building to plan her next move.

"It's your funeral..." One Citizen exclaimed as they then returned to their houses. It would appear that the skies were clear... for now. And the rooftops were safe from monster attacks... for now. Those creatures that had attacked her before still remain on the ground hunting down any people that were unfortunate enough to cross their path. Then something began to happen. If Shego would look towards the top of the large dominating tower, they would bare witness to a strong ray of light forming from above it:

This ray of light shined down onto the surface from the tower's location and lit everything in it's path aflame, including a nearby town that was near it's blast. A Citizen climbed up to the rooftop that she was on and looked towards the light then to her and spoke. "The Light of Judgement. Kefka's response to those who don't submit before him... Refuse his rule, and your town gets destroyed. There's no point in fighting him, you should just leave while you can."

The villainess folded her arms as she glanced towards the citizen with a irritated expression. Did they not understand? Or think that she was at all concerned? She turned away from the person to once again look at the tower

“I don’t care about some town getting destroyed. . . I just want to see this Kefka for myself, I’m guessing that tower is the only way to get there”

(This is for villains wanting to be in a team.)

This was to be a very odd evening.

A selected few were invited to a place called 'Castle Doom.' They were invited by robots who managed to find them and would appear from out of nowhere, offering them a chance to gain power greater than they have ever tasted. If they accepted, a portal would appear behind the robot and told them to follow. On the other side, they would be in a massive throne room, with curtains and rugs emerald green with yellow gold lining, and painted pictures of the man himself, Victor Von Doom, along the walls. The only lighting was by torches and overhead fires, but there was a chill in the air. With the castle made from stone, it was almost like they were standing in the middle of a coffin, waiting for the walls to suddenly close in a crush their bodies flat.

The man himself, dressed in armor and a fine green robe, await those who accepted the invitation on the throne, with the fingers of his hands intertwined as he waited patiently to see who would arrive.

"Droids shouldn't be this wide-spread. Are you not afraid of hackers and the sort? What if there is a rebellion, or a forced, galaxy-wide transmission of a virus? Give me a few million credits, a dedicated workstation and two years, it's entirely doable with the right signal transmitters - at least, in my home universe." Cal shook his head. "Triple and pay and give me a five-man team as competent as I, and we can do it in a year. You guys have little to no security to speak of."

@Raynar Saassin

"Droids shouldn't be this wide-spread. Are you not afraid of hackers and the sort? What if there is a rebellion, or a forced, galaxy-wide transmission of a virus? Give me a few million credits, a dedicated workstation and two years, it's entirely doable with the right signal transmitters - at least, in my home universe." Cal shook his head. "Triple and pay and give me a five-man team as competent as I, and we can do it in a year. You guys have little to no security to speak of."

"Interesting." Tyber exclaimed while brushing his chin. Having a hacker of this strength would be very useful on his side in this unknown place. "No one is stupid enough to come up with such a thing like that. Most droids that are manufactured are immune to viruses or any kind of external hack that is run by a basic tool. Assassination Droids are designed to be completely immune to "Brainwashing" types of tricks to their mainframes, and most are self-aware. But I suppose that's an idea I can take with me when I return."

@Agent Puncake

The villainess folded her arms as she glanced towards the citizen with a irritated expression. Did they not understand? Or think that she was at all concerned? She turned away from the person to once again look at the tower

“I don’t care about some town getting destroyed. . . I just want to see this Kefka for myself, I’m guessing that tower is the only way to get there”

The citizens that were hanging around nodded slowly as they confirmed what she had asked. "If you really want to scale the tower, it's your funeral. Some people had tried to stand against him, and had their neighbouring town blown up by his Light of Judgement. / I had a friend who tried to stop him by grabbing a gun and attacking his tower. But monsters swarmed him and killed him before he could even start entering the tower. / It's pointless, just submit."

@Kierri

(This is for villains wanting to be in a team.)

This was to be a very odd evening.

A selected few were invited to a place called 'Castle Doom.' They were invited by robots who managed to find them and would appear from out of nowhere, offering them a chance to gain power greater than they have ever tasted. If they accepted, a portal would appear behind the robot and told them to follow. On the other side, they would be in a massive throne room, with curtains and rugs emerald green with yellow gold lining, and painted pictures of the man himself, Victor Von Doom, along the walls. The only lighting was by torches and overhead fires, but there was a chill in the air. With the castle made from stone, it was almost like they were standing in the middle of a coffin, waiting for the walls to suddenly close in a crush their bodies flat.

The man himself, dressed in armor and a fine green robe, await those who accepted the invitation on the throne, with the fingers of his hands intertwined as he waited patiently to see who would arrive.

Widowmaker and Reaper would be roaming around the world fighting off the outside influences of Kefka's Monsters and any cultists as they were now fighting for survival more than anything else. That was however when a unknown Robotic presence summoned a portal and brought them to a castle? A pretty fancy and very well decorated castle to be exact, with a throne containing a man full clad in armour. They looked towards each other briefly.

"What could this be? This world just seems to get stranger and stranger." "Perhaps if you had just taken the shot before we got teleported, we would not be worrying about a de-briefing back at Talon!" "You still going on about that? We're not exactly returning any time soon, and Sombra will take care of it." "Hmph. Doesn't mean I have to like her." They mumbled to themselves before approaching the man sitting on the throne. This man known as Victor Von Doom and anyone else would see two individuals approaching the central throne; one that wore a somewhat revealing armour set with purple skin and a visor that reflects the eyes that a Spider would possess. Equipped with her would be quite a weapon designed to be a powerful Sniper Rifle with an Assault Rifle function; and another man cladded full in black robes and armour platting, with numerous shotgun shells strapped on his chest and his belt, and wearing full metal boots. He was seen holding two powerful guns that had the appearance of Shotguns.

272px-Reaper-portrait.png

"So you're the one who sent that machine to teleport us here?" "Hmph. You've got a lot of nerve to pull us from the middle of two engagements, one being in our world and another fighting an annoying pair of misfits and a large beast. You had better provide the benefit of the doubt before Death begins to Blossom."

@Bobby the Prussian @Silvir

"Consider that a freebie." Cal shrugged. "Yeah, this programming is weird to me - entirely foreign languages and codes. But security is far more lax than the ones back home. Hell, once I get access to the mainframe-" he caught himself. "It's gonna be fun..." he muttered.

Redline looked on with distain. "Robots are quite the nuisance. I worked with a group of sentient ones before, and sentient is giving them the benefit of the doubt."

@Raynar Saassin

Shao Kahn, Konqueror of Realms - Castle Doom

Despite his appearing in the alternate reality of WWII, Shao Kahn soon found himself being removed from that field of play, without much warning as he disappeared in a flash of energy, stunning him once more as he felt himself travelling across dimensions again.

----------------------

Like the two others who had entered before he, Shao Kahn re-emerged into a new world: A grand castle, housing one Victor Von Doom, who had opened his residence to more people like himself, the Ruler of Outworld appearing in another flash of energy, but as he was aware this time, he was able to gather himself more swiftly, standing up and dusting off his bare chest before he faced the two garish looking strangers, along with Victor himself, beginning to step forward toward them all.

"Now...who here would presume to summon, the great Shao Kahn? The Konqueror of Realms and Victor of Armageddon? So rudely interrupting me in the middle of a plan?!" Shao Kahn declared, stopping to the side of Widowmaker, paying neither her nor Reaper much heed, as he assumed the grandiose man upon a throne had done the very act he was describing, he just couldn't quite believe it.

Dr. Victor Fries, aka Mr. Freeze - Weapons Facility

"Nora!" The incapacitated Mr. Freeze found himself calling out as he awoke in a strange world, a dull, dreary industrial building was at every turn when he stood himself up, his suit still active and body temperature still at a comfortable sub-zero threshold. Angered at being stolen away from his wife by whatever unknown force suddenly found need of him, Victor retrieved his Cryo-Gun from the ground, his movement must've triggered something as suddenly a voice sounded:

"Intruders detected!"

Mr. Freeze didn't care to continue listening, closing his visor and his goggles activating, their crimson glow purposed to be ominous as he listened for any commotion, moving toward a door at a mechanical, yet fast pace. It was locked, but voices were beyond its blockade. Pushing a few buttons on his suit's right forearm, the whole thing began to brace...prepare...as he kicked at the door hard, three times in slow succession before it broke loose, allowing the armoured cryogenetist access, immediately scanning for hostiles: 5 subjects, one of which was a sophisticated automaton of a rusty red colouration. Marching into the room in question, Mr. Freeze aimed his Cryo-Gun at the lot of them.

"One of you will speak now! Tell me where I am and why none of you should die by my hands." Mr. Freeze announced in a monotonous, mechanical drone as his voice modulated through the visor, the Cryo-Gun powering up as he spoke aloud.

@Raynar Saassin @Bobby the Prussian @Agent Puncake

"Are you kidding me?" Cal groaned as Redline swivelled around to meet the intruder, right hand aimed directed at his torso.

"I will speak. You will listen. Drop your weapon." He commanded, his mask distorting his voice. Behind him, Cal readied his own externally-mounted gun.

@Nero Kunivas

Back