So, should I have a character underway then?

A concept yes. I also listed several factions (Ixe's Shadow, Sisterhood of the Red Rain) which can be used to round out your character as well. The 'powers' classes (Crackle, Kryst) are a bit vague on specific abilities for a reason. If you're interested in these classes, tell me the kind of power you'd like and we'll quickly flesh out the details, limitations, and whatnot

Reactions: Nyx
Well, I have a character in mind. They're not gonna be related to magic or anything.

Well, I have a character in mind. They're not gonna be related to magic or anything.

Good deal. Again, classes are left a little vague so if you need clarification on what you can do or how you want it to look, ask. I'm pretty open to creative ideas

Well the Kryst crystals arent magic they are technology, that is why their abilities work in rather conditional ways.

WEll the closest worked out thing, yeah, we havent really worked on the actual magic system we had talked about before.

We didn't really get anything set, I had suggested something that requires ones own energy and life force to use, then that kind of evolved into the Crystals the Touched use for their abilities. We then started to focus on that.

We didn't really get anything set, I had suggested something that requires ones own energy and life force to use, then that kind of evolved into the Crystals the Touched use for their abilities. We then started to focus on that.

Yeah I remember that. I remember wanting to steer away from traditional fantasy magic and turn it into a techy sort of thing. Yeah I like how the crystals evolved

So i think my character, who will be a Kryst of course, but i am unsure what the ability will be, i was thinking something along the lines of Crystal physiology/crystal manipulation.

So i think my character, who will be a Kryst of course, but i am unsure what the ability will be, i was thinking something along the lines of Crystal physiology/crystal manipulation.

Like being able to shape and manipulate the crystals themselves?

Not the Kryst crystals, but yeah pretty much, he would also be able to manipulate Ice to an extent as that is crystaline in nature.

Yeah that's fine. Freeze water, or be able to generate ice like an ice mage that uses ice as their primary elemental power. However you want it to look and feel.

@Shadowwell @Average @SedentaryCobra @Nyx @ArQane @Oscar

So I'm aiming to get this thing going possibly this weekend. I'm giving a few other invites a chance to participate, but outside of Shadowwell's Kryst, we're about ready to go. Once I get an IC thread up, I'll post guidelines and expectations. I want this to be a loose and fun RP, and I want to be an open-minded GM. If you're getting bored and not having fun, I want to know why.

It will be my aim to focus the story on everyone. I want to weave your characters into this story in a way that will keep you interested and invested. That said, the story is the king. I want it be be interesting first and foremost. That might mean failure, fuck ups, and plain shitty luck. That doesn't mean I'm just going to squat down and constantly shit all over you guys (I want there to be plenty of badass, action movie kinda moments too) but sometimes it's bad outcomes that make the best stories. So keep that in mind.

Question: Do you guys prefer as set posting order, or would you rather leave things freeform?

@Shadowwell @Average @SedentaryCobra @Nyx @ArQane @Oscar

So I'm aiming to get this thing going possibly this weekend. I'm giving a few other invites a chance to participate, but outside of Shadowwell's Kryst, we're about ready to go. Once I get an IC thread up, I'll post guidelines and expectations. I want this to be a loose and fun RP, and I want to be an open-minded GM. If you're getting bored and not having fun, I want to know why.

It will be my aim to focus the story on everyone. I want to weave your characters into this story in a way that will keep you interested and invested. That said, the story is the king. I want it be be interesting first and foremost. That might mean failure, fuck ups, and plain shitty luck. That doesn't mean I'm just going to squat down and constantly shit all over you guys (I want there to be plenty of badass, action movie kinda moments too) but sometimes it's bad outcomes that make the best stories. So keep that in mind.

Question: Do you guys prefer as set posting order, or would you rather leave things freeform?

Im taking this from the lost hero's guild rp, but starting with a order and slowly working into a state of freeform would being something Id like.

Im taking this from the lost hero's guild rp, but starting with a order and slowly working into a state of freeform would being something Id like.

How so? Like once everyone is established and kinda comfortable with their characters, then let things sort of organically progress?

I prefer leaving things freeform. If somebody gets too crazy (me) just call them out. I never liked post order, cause if someone drops, or can't post for two days, the whole thing grinds to a halt.

It really depends, I guess... of course, if it's free-form, there would have to be that set guild line as not to go back-and-forth between two characters, not leaving the others much chance to jump in.

Back