True, but sometimes you have to let a dialogue go between two characters. Interrupting with a relatively unrelated post can be jarring to the flow sometimes. But for sure there would be guidelines. Like if there were an extended dialogue about to happen, the participants would have to clear it with everyone first.

Which makes me think about something else. Our group is growing, and we might (or might not) have one or two more. What do you think about splitting up in smaller groups. Maybe even separate threads for separate groups? Just spitballing

Well if that were to happen, in my other RP site, we would do a "co-post". Meaning two players would go into PM, and then post the whole thing into the IC. It makes things a bit easier.

It really depends, I guess... of course, if it's free-form, there would have to be that set guild line as not to go back-and-forth between two characters, not leaving the others much chance to jump in.

I prefer leaving things freeform. If somebody gets too crazy (me) just call them out. I never liked post order, cause if someone drops, or can't post for two days, the whole thing grinds to a halt.
True, but sometimes you have to let a dialogue go between two characters. Interrupting with a relatively unrelated post can be jarring to the flow sometimes. But for sure there would be guidelines. Like if there were an extended dialogue about to happen, the participants would have to clear it with everyone first.

Which makes me think about something else. Our group is growing, and we might (or might not) have one or two more. What do you think about splitting up in smaller groups. Maybe even separate threads for separate groups? Just spitballing

All valid points. What I meant by an initial post order is go through 2 rotations or so, giving our characters an avenue to meet(in this case when they all get the job to treaure hunt). Once the breif impomptu meet and greet is done, and we get the quest, what happens after can then freeform and up to the rpers. Also, this is to avoid the first post tandum thats follows rps, especially since we're all going to start off at the same point in following the flyer. The splitting of part is great if this wasn't a single thread. However if we do become an Epic forums rp chances are it'll take longer to open up

Freeform but let people interacting icly interact and make people talk to those involved in the ooc before they can include their character. but you have to keep the interacting in check so it doesnt drg the rp down.

I will try to get my app done soon, but i am indisposed of in the hospital until the morrow.

Freeform but let people interacting icly interact and make people talk to those involved in the ooc before they can include their character. but you have to keep the interacting in check so it doesnt drg the rp down.

I will try to get my app done soon, but i am indisposed of in the hospital until the morrow.

Ok. Hope you're ok!

All valid points. What I meant by an initial post order is go through 2 rotations or so, giving our characters an avenue to meet(in this case when they all get the job to treaure hunt). Once the breif impomptu meet and greet is done, and we get the quest, what happens after can then freeform and up to the rpers. Also, this is to avoid the first post tandum thats follows rps, especially since we're all going to start off at the same point in following the flyer. The splitting of part is great if this wasn't a single thread. However if we do become an Epic forums rp chances are it'll take longer to open up

True that. I want to get this going sooner rather than later. A party this size might make sense because of the nature of where the job will likely take place.

I like the first two rounds idea and then go free form. Thoughts on this everyone?

I also like the heavy OOC interaction, and PMs with me should be widely used so plot points or ideas by a PC won't be spoiled IC.

I am 100% to freeform, but I'd be ready to roll whenever it rolls around ;)

@ArQane brings up something on the Reference thread I'd like to ask everyone. How often are we going to post? What works for everyone?

After Tuesday Im finals free and I have no immediate plans of being busy, but that's also tentative

@ArQane brings up something on the Reference thread I'd like to ask everyone. How often are we going to post? What works for everyone?
I post almost whenever I can. I get really hyped once its my turn xD

Normally in TCGW, I would try to post at least once every 2 days, but its slower than that because I'm the most active poster in the RP.

I'd say for here, I'll be posting on a daily basis with at least 500 words. If I'm not interacting with other PCs, I'd might write up to 1.5k words. I would try not to breach that line because then it turns into homework to read

Tbh, depending on a couple things, I might post once or twice a week. Unless the situation calls for me to post sooner. I lean more for slower-paced RPs, but I can always accommodate for this particular RP. Just depends on how fast it'll be going.

We can for sure play it by ear. I'm on everyday, but it's way easier for me to post OOC than it is IC because I mostly post while at work. I'm super particular about my writing, so I have to re-edit my stuff to death for the most part. Hard to do at work

Yeah, I get what you mean. I think part of the reason as to why I'm slow is because I'm pretty harsh on myself when it comes to my writing. So I'm usually never pleased with it.

Okey dokey everybody, I'm going to start working on the opening plot, the RP opener, and general guidelines, parameters, and expectations I'll have for the RP. Shouldn't take too long, I hope to have it done by this evening (US EST). After that we'll be about ready to go! Keep you all updated

Last edited:
Hey, checking the status of the RP. It seems like we are bumping it down another day?

I'm waiting on a character. It might have to come in later. I've written up the RP guidelines and I have a solid framework for the first story arc. Probably write the opener tonight. Very soon I assure you. I want to strike while the iron is hot

Reactions: Nyx
@Shadowwell @SedentaryCobra @Oscar
Since you guys aren't proper Parish citizens, keep in the back of your mind some head canon about how you come and go into cities. It has to be by illegitimate means either by bribe, contacts, or a
little crack in the wall only you know about. Might be useful in the future

Back