The sound barrier will be broken. A revolver uses brass caps in its rounds. At around that time in history when they were invented, guns were breaking the sound barrier. The only bullets before that that didn't were muskets.

@ArQane A thousand feet per second is equal to a regular 9mm round's muzzle velocity. Not only that, but it breaks the sound barrier, rendering the idea of stealth a complete joke. It would literally be as loud as a gunshot. And jagged edges for penetration power, don't even get me started...
The "stealth" is not completely silent, but its definitely quieter than the sound from the initial ignition of a bullet.

The crack of a whip breaks the sound barrier, and that is a damn loud noise. It would be like slamming two blocks of wood together, and calling it stealth. And what kind of table manners require you to ask what the food in front of you is? And if he truly didn't care for formalities, he wouldn't have bothered dressing up or asking the question in the first place.

The crack of a whip breaks the sound barrier, and that is a damn loud noise. It would be like slamming two blocks of wood together, and calling it stealth.
Again, we are talking about the degree of sound that is omitted. The noisiest part of a gun firing or a whip cracking is based on direct collision, which causes the crack. This does not mean the throwing of the knife is completely silent, but a "swoosh" is very different from a "bang". Such practices is exercised with muzzles. You barely can hear the where the shot was coming from, but you sure as hell can hear the whoosh if it flew over your head.

I think we can agree that Elage can use his Crackle talent to silently propel specially crafted projectiles at a speed that can penetrate the flesh of an unarmored individual that is relatively soundless and nearby. He will not be able to snipe at distance.

Again, we are talking about the degree of sound that is omitted. The noisiest part of a gun firing or a whip cracking is based on direct collision, which causes the crack. This does not mean the throwing of the knife is completely silent, but a "swoosh" is very different from a "bang". Such practices is exercised with muzzles. You barely can hear the where the shot was coming from, but you sure as hell can hear the whoosh if it flew over your head.
You can hear, painfully clearly, exactly how loud a sonic boom is compared to the thing that's causing it. If you want a more relevant comparison, look up the noise of muskets to compared to the noise of modern firearms. Big difference.

I think we can agree that Elage can use his Crackle talent to silently propel specially crafted projectiles at a speed that can penetrate the flesh of an unarmored individual that is relatively soundless and nearby. He will not be able to snipe at distance.
Of course, we are taking into account his sight range. What he cannot see, he cannot hit.

You can hear, painfully clearly, exactly how loud a sonic boom is compared to the thing that's causing it. If you want a more relevant comparison, look up the noise of muskets to compared to the noise of modern firearms. Big difference.

Here's my interpretation of Elage's knife. Remember, we need to acknowledge mass and again, the sound of the engine.

Elage is throwing a weapon, not shooting it from a gun or attaching a propeller to it, so the sound should be relatively quiet.

Egregious propeller comment aside, you can clearly hear the change in audio when the sonic boom happens. And I don't think you fully understand what a suppressor does. A suppressor reduces the escaping gas from the bullet firing to subsonic velocities, thereby reducing the sound as much as possible. The majority of the noise that you're hearing is the shock waves of the bullet travelling, and the mechanical action of the gun. A suppressor nullifies the sonic boom. That's its entire purpose.

• Sonic boom (sound associated with shock waves created by an object exceeding the speed of sound)
I do believe the speed of sound is over 1000 feet per second

I don't want a retort from Elage. I'm closing in on being finished with my post. After that you guys can get a room if you want to. Maybe I'll make a PvP exception in Murder City...

I don't want a retort from Elage. I'm closing in on being finished with my post. After that you guys can get a room if you want to. Maybe I'll make a PvP exception in Murder City...
Got it.
Was writing a retort :<

However, I would like to ask, what is your definition of PvP? I interpreted it as direct combat (to kill) between two characters. Does it extend to dialogue as well?

Got it.
Was writing a retort :<

However, I would like to ask, what is your definition of PvP? I interpreted it as direct combat (to kill) between two characters. Does it extend to dialogue as well?
Words can kill my friend, words can kill

Er, I stated that weirdly; but ya'll know what I mean.

double post action

I deleted because I'm stupid ignore me lol

The floor is open. Lorn will answer any questions, so now would be the time to ask, either OOC or IC.

Back