The Legend of Renalta (OOC/Sign-Ups)

CS Updated @Nilum

Changes:

Removed Expanded Lifespan for Magic of Youth
Removed Aching Body for Marking of Youth
Removed Matter Transmutation altogether
Modified Living Transmutation to be touch range for spells and be less about changing anything to the living body to more buffing/debuffing and healing aspects.
Minor Modifications to the Biography
Minor Modifications to Ally and Student of a Noble

Disclaimer: I enjoyed reading all of these characters, and could have easily approved of any of them in my role play. Thus, the decisions about who would stay and who would go are not made with the intention of stating that anyone who was ultimately rejected is a bad writer or anything else like that—merely that there were only twelve seats on the life boat, and twenty four deserving persons for those seats on the life boat.

If your character was ultimately approved? Welcome aboard! I look forward to writing IC content with you soon.

If your character was ultimately rejected? Check back later—spots may open up as people leave the story over time.

As for how this occurred: Characters were evaluated for how interesting they would be in a group dynamic, how interesting their motivation and/or ties to the world are, and how interesting they themselves as an individual character are. Some considerations were also made for tactical options, though NPC’s are available to fill tactical niches should they be necessary. Players were approved/denied as encountered in a randomly appearing order. I skipped players I felt conflicted over and saved them for last—deliberating which ones I could approve and which ones I could not. Once I obtained my full approval list of twelve players, I then looked over the remaining denied players, and picked one to pull in via GM Interventionism for an extra slot.

Each character was still reviewed and given individual explanations for their selection or rejection. In the case of a player having two characters instead of one, each character gets a separate review. Thanks to pre-reviews before the final approval date, all dual character players were either accepted or rejected in full.

Thanks everyone for contributing sheets. Regardless of what happens, I wish each of you the best of luck with your future role playing endeavours, as well as present ones.

Final Note: The approvals and denials are randomized here, so as to ensure that nobody knows who was approved/denied first, or last.

Sabre, The Ex Slave Spellfencer
Appearance said:
tumblr_nk900b9Oa01u0mlewo1_1280.png

So, why Sabre? Well, his spellfencing has an interesting series of interactions that allow him extra combat and out of combat applications with all the mages in the group. Then, there’s the fact that he’s an ex-slave, who can counterbalance the pro-slavery or neutral-slavery stances some members of the party are bound to take with direct experience—a direct voice to the Princess herself. It would be hard to justify passing this up, so Sabre—the underdog choice—gets in.

Faolan, The Cursed Wolf
Appearance said:
  • Height: 3'8 (5'7 from nose to base of tail)
  • Weight: 240lbs
  • Eyes: Yellow.
  • Fur: Black.
Faolan is ultimately a (and I’m already overusing this word) unique character, thanks to his inability to communicate verbally. He is tied directly to Tahlia, and the two make an interesting pair that present some ethical dilemmas to the party by their existence. In short: It stands out.

Tahlia, The Young Druid
Appearance said:
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Hair: Long, blonde.
  • Eyes: Light brown.
  • Skin: Pale.

Tahlia brings to the table ethical quandaries that undermine what is otherwise an innocent looking character. Her spiritual powers are also a welcome edition to the party, as interactions with ghosts and spirits will likely occur at some point, and having a party member specialize at it is interesting.

Dean, The Brash Apprentice
Appearance said:
Standing at just under six feet tall, and carrying the weight appropriate for someone that size, Dean is often mistaken for a man in his mid twenties. This guise is immediately broken when you look at his face, which still very much resembles a young man. His green eyes are dark enough to be thought of as brown at first glance to match the tangled mess of short brown hair on top of his head. An easy-going confidence springs forth to any that lay eyes on his relaxed demeanor and composure in the face of stress. He dresses himself in simple clothes with a boiled leather chestpiece with matching vambraces and greaves.

It’s Dean. No, really, it’s Dean. Every old player knows why this is not a surprising approval in the slightest, but for those who don’t: He is a borderline perfect everyman. In a world of magic and wizards and Gods, he keeps his observations fairly well grounded in the simple, straightforward mindset. He’s not entirely uneducated or stupid, he’s brash and young and thickheaded, and he provides a good central point from which to build most parties.

Kasienka, The Motherly Elven Healer
Appearance said:

Kasienka is already well and truly deeply cemented into the world itself, having an established relationship with one of the non-player characters accompanying the party. She also serves as a primary healer, able to mend members of the party, while providing them motherly advice about their lives—wanted, or not. I would actually have to explain why she isn’t there, which makes approving her easier for me.

Lady Catrin, The Pyromantic Manipulator
Appearance said:

A sly seductress and social manipulator who wishes to hold onto her home. Though it may cause overlap with a couple others on the approved list, her mundanity is one of her greatest assets—she’s simply a manipulative noble of lesser fame and stature, trying to climb her way to the top. That can provide some interesting scenes of desperation, or self-realization.

Cináed, The Angel-Touched Loyalist
Appearance said:
5RTTTPO.jpg

Cináed's angelic heritage shows through his warm golden eyes and his blemish-free fair features. He is slight of build and height, and combined with his boyish, slightly effeminate looks he cuts anything but an imposing figure. His hair is a light blonde as golden as his eyes, and usually falls in a tousle of untamed locks kept loosely at bay by infrequent trims.

The Renaltan homelander, a devout loyalist of Kouri from the get-go, is almost a necessary addition to the party. Someone who will see her as not being quite as perfect as her legends made her out to be, who may either like her the way she is, or who may have their faith in her shaken. Nonetheless, a welcome addition—because that loyalist mindset is highly appreciated in a party of potential skeptics.

Quirin, The Lonely Summoner
Appearance said:
FwHX73m.png

Skinny, pale and fidgety, it's fairly apparent upon first glancing at Rin that he doesn't spend much time outside. His long, floppy black hair falls in such a way that it often covers one (or both) of his eyes, and his face is set into an almost permanent subdued frown. Though of fairly average height, he tends to give the impression of being smaller than he is by his meek body language and demeanour, often hunching over a little and generally keeping his hazel eyes downcast. Although attractive enough in an effeminate way, his gloomy expression and withdrawn mannerisms tend to detract a shade from what appeal he otherwise would have.

A gloomy mage who seeks only to make a safe space for his summoned friends. Yet, this opens some rather fascinating interactions, in that he’s one of the only antisocial characters where I didn’t count it as a mark against him. The way it functions with his summons could prove to open up a lot of amusing or intriguing social situations.

Sisera, The Final Steward of Renalta
Appearance said:
arthur_close_up_by_ivelin-d3ctpxb.jpg

Sisera is a tall muscular imposing man, at 6'2 he towers over almost anyone and his thick frame, large bones and strong jawline give him an imposing masculine look. His body is completely hairless, with the exception of his eyelashes and a few wisps of hair for eyebrows there is not a strand on him. His torso is covered in grisly burn scars that come in a wide variety of ghastly colors. He has covered up his body with a long wool robe and cap.

Sisera has been a part of Legend of Renalta’s canon for a long time, and it would be difficult to justify putting him on the sidelines now. The smoke mage provides an insight into some of the other aspects of the Renaltan kingdom, the less-than-fairy-tale ones, and gives Kouri a final broken connection to her old life.

Ludvig, The Undead Guardian
Appearance said:

So, why the Undead Guardian? Well, first of all, it’s a marked improvement from West’s previous character in terms of overall quality. He has learned things, and I want to reward him for that. Second, it’s undead, and has direct ties to Kouri—and having a couple of those around to help the credibility of her claims helps me in the long run. Third, he’s a heavy tank that will take hits to the face and survive them in ways without overt magic.

Jaquaar, The Pirate Future Seeker
Appearance said:
A slim man of a bronze skin and brown hair, Jaquaar is characterised by a cock-sure attitude that seems to permeate from his near-constant smile. He is slightly above average height, and seems to weigh less than average, but not by much. He is lean and thinly muscled, mostly due to his rudimentary sword-training, and he maintains a carefully maintained beard, cropped to his face and maintained to a trim perfection. His hair is kept at a neat, middling length, and he has very few discernable features other than the hint of alien-ness that comes from the blending of Liverian and Free Holder attributes.

Jaquaar’s magic is unique and interesting, his ex-pirate background is unique and interesting, his potential interactions as an ex-pirate Free Holder with other party members is interesting. Needless to say he brings plenty of options and development opportunities that making cultivating him a near-must.

Rheanna, The Amazonian Warrior
Appearance said:
Rheanna is a tall woman, standing at 6’1 and weighing a little over 200 lbs. She has dark-maroon coloured hair, reaching down to her shoulders, green eyes, and tan skin that is marred by a large number of knotted cuts, scars, and scrapes. Her body is a veritable sculpture of the ideal physical powerhouse; with broad shoulders, muscular arms, and a well-toned physique. Despite her obvious athletic form, she still possesses the marks of femininity that make her kind so attractive to the slavers of the Free Holds; a sizable bust, a pretty face, and an eye-catching body all pulled together by the terrifying allure of her people.

Rheanna’s Amazonian culture gives her unique interactions based on the gender of a character, and provides to her a unique perspective of the world. So without much surprise, she gets approved based almost entirely off of potential party interactions alone—the fact that her Amazonian powers make her an interesting health off-tank are almost icing on the cake.

Bjorn, The Rheinfelder Ex-Templar Noble
Appearance said:
2b2d2985-6075-41da-a96a-48dc21c10b93.png

Stocky with a shaven beard, Bjorn spends a lot of his time doing military duties and only takes a certain amount of pride in his appearance toward the public when making appearances for parties. If he can avoid it, he will take as little care to his appearance as possible and therefore detests having long hair as it’s too much of a pain in the backside to maintain. Much like his father Bjorn has icy blue, grey tinted eyes and a rectangular jawline. He pertains little in the way of looks that are similar to his mother other than the chocolate brown colour of her hair and pale complexion.

Bjorn. There were multiple people gunning for a spot as an Ex-Templar, yet, the one to slip through was Bjorn. Why? He is bigoted and distrusting, but not necessarily antisocial or mentally damaged. He brings an element to the group most other characters don’t—being a well educated politician and strategist. Out of the noble choices, he is one of the more grounded ones. He’s also not completely immune to magic, which frees my hand a bit more plot-wise. That being said, it was a close call. Any of the Ex-Templar characters could have gotten in—amusingly, it was a noble who did.

Lady Cerise, The Demon-Touched Princess
Appearance said:
There is no mistaking Cerise's heritage as a demon-touched. From the blemish-free maroon skin to the 'well-endowed' figure, tail with a spaded tip, eyes bright fiery orange, obsidian-black hair, and sharp fangs behind her ebony lips, the infernal taint on her bloodline is clear, similarly to her parents and those before them. Her face is often curled into a grin, either smug or sultry depending on scenario. Her neck, ears, and even tail are often adorned with various forms of jewelry, the latter of the three providing a pleasing (or simply just distracting) jingle to her steps.

I debated this one for a while. I did mention that a character who is too famous might not be welcomed into the party, but I decided to let this one in, as her fame is exclusive to that of the Free Holds—which are later down the line. The fact is, however, her appearance is unique, and her strengths give her some serious contrast to that of the angels hunting Kouri. The voices aspect is also quite an interesting tease—and is something I can manipulate later, with some discussions with the player... All in all, lots of development opportunities.

Fischer, The Bourgeois Mercenary
Appearance said:
43905f349534fe87e751c918f757adef.jpg

It is clear Fischer is a man who pays special attention to maintaining his physique, even at nearly forty years his six foot frame resembles that of a warrior at least a decade younger. His visage is not as lucky, while still reasonably handsome, a the stress of a life on campaign has had a striking effect. His once chocolate brown hair is streaked with premature grey, his beard almost completely devoid of its original color. Age lines run heavy on his face, steel-blue eyes look wearily out; Aloof at rest, unnervingly intense in combat.

Fischer brings a strong ranged combatant to the group that does not rely on magic. He also represents something that will distress certain nobility the party comes into contact with—a rich commoner. This presents some interesting interactions with the nobility in the party as well, to see what they truly think of the idea. He comes as part of a pairing, which should make this next approval no big surprise...

Kosuke, The Misogynistic Kitsune Duellist
Appearance said:
59.jpg

Kosuke maintained his slim or slightly toned physique partly due to his faster metabolism and his constant practice training in his form. For forty years of age he has the perfect body for a duelist of five feet, six inches in height. His long tan and white furry ears are probably the most noticeable detail of him, being almost one and a half feet long themselves. His Light-tanned back added with his snow white stomach is patterned with red swirls, dots and symbols that are stained onto his fur. His heterochromia iridum eyes means that they're both completely different colors; his right being orange and his left being a silvery-white color. His long muzzle has light-tan fur on top and white under his chin, and behind him are seven big bushy tails that're very well groomed, each similar where the tops are very light tan and the bottoms are white, with exception of the tips of the tail, in which each are black.

Foreigner from a Foreign land, custom race of non-humans which he detailed after conferring with me repeatedly about foreign parts of the world, strong duellist character, and misogyny which offsets the Amazon’s misandry and presents interesting interaction opportunities with the Princess herself, among others. In short: He brings a lot to the table that others don’t, which makes him a shoe-in. The fact that he openly asked me several questions and communicated with me his intentions to make a custom race—then followed through on asking how to best fit it into the world—definitely influenced this decision.
Armerza, The Dwarven Strongwoman
Appearance said:
Standing a stout 4'1” tall, and weighing 197 lbs, Armerza is a powerfully built Dwarven woman. She keeps her honey-wheat toned hair long, to just below her shoulder blades, frequently decorated with braids, and leather thongs to add to it. Her groomed facial hair is restricted to following her lower jaw-line, starting just at the connection with her ear, and finishing three-quarters of the way to her chin. She actively shaves and trims to maintain this appearance. Her facial features are strong and defined, giving her a commanding presence. She has a few noticeable scars, including the most recent, and soon to be, healing gash over her left cheekbone.

Armerza, Armerza, Armerza... The Dwarven strong woman who has never once backed down from a challenge, who has single handedly carried missions on her back. The loud mouthed, blunt, tactical woman. Initially slated for rejection due to the fact that her relationship potentials were in question, but then, I looked at all the possible choices left, and pulled her back. Why? Because the tiny armour-packed dwarf brings something to the table: Diversity. Her tactical aptitude also makes her a good candidate for mentoring some other members of the party—giving her a place.

Oswald, The Ex-Templar Veteran
Appearance said:
3091860019_4630874588.jpg

An exceptionally large man, Oswald stands at 6’7” and weighs nearly 300 pounds. He has pale blue eyes and fair hair. What may have once been an attractive face has been marred by years of service. His smile is missing a few teeth, his cheeks are spattered with small burn marks as if splashed with hot oil. Oswald’s nose appears to have been broken several times, and as such has a slight tilt to the left. His body bears a smattering of scars, most caused by magical sources. Among the scars, anti-magic runes and other religious iconography have been tattooed directly onto his body.

His arms and armour are covered in anti-magic runes and religious symbols.

Big. Strong. Anti-magic as all fuck, an ex-templar from hell ready to crush people, and with an anger toward the Gods that can only be quenched in blood. I really struggled with this one for a while—it was definitely one of my candidates for pulling into GM Interventionism.

UPDATE: So then I changed my mind and GM Intervened. Fuck it, 13 is an unlucky number anyway, and I want another Ex-Templar. That's an actual Ex-Templar, and not a noble who happens to be one.
Ulzin, The Dark Elven Smith
Appearance said:
Ulzin possesses lavender skin and ochre eyes. Ulzin wears his hair to the small of his back in a wild wirey mess of black hair going every which way, with red ribbons ever so abundant, tied around strands longer than his arms. Ulzin is skeletal, with sunken cheeks and popping eyes. The lower half of Ulzin's face is consumed with a massive black beard that reaches his knees, a knotty mass filled with the same red ribbons that frequent his hair. Ulzin never styles either head hair or beard hair, instead allowing the wildness of his appearance to change with every passing night. Ulzin's fingers are far too long and far too thin, more tools than parts of a body, his hands are veiny and the tendons often force themselves against the skin, creating valleys of shadow in between his fingers. Ulzin wears baggy cloaks, hiding a small selection of blades. He is often barefoot, simply because he does not like shoes.

Ulzin possesses a fascinating and unique appearance and background, with a particular emphasis drawn toward his unnatural and unkempt nature he could have provided the party with an interesting, abnormal point of view. However, due to the fact that this sheet was not edited as per GM request, it was ultimately rejected.

Laenaia, The Illusive Vampire
Appearance said:
Laenaia stood at 5’4” with shoulder length auburn hair that she sets in a simple braid whenever she could. Slim with slender limbs and youthful figure, a fact she laments through the use of illusions.

This sheet is largely incomplete, with a lack of detail on her vampiric powers and any of their strengths or limitations. This sheet was also submitted late, making reviewing it with enough time for the author to edit it in time rather questionable at best. That being said, Laenaia’s vampirism would have brought a unique aspect in and of itself, and it’s a shame I have to let this one go.

Cassick, The Regretful Torturer
Appearance said:
Cassick stands at six foot nine inches, and is a mountain of rippling muscle and scars. A deeply ugly man, Cassick's nose is flat and squashed, his mouth permanently in a sneer due to a fencing accident, his eyes sharp and yellow. He has a seemingly permanent half-stubble, patchy where the hair failed to grow through scar tissue. He's bald on top of his head, with deep gouges in the shape of teeth dotting his head like a crown. The only attractive feature is his voice, which is deep and melodic.

Cassick’s past background as a torturer would provide moral ambiguity to the group, which does provide a moral grey zone. However, that being said, he did not quite manage to stand out in the race of interesting, diverse characters, and as such, he was ultimately left behind. I would like to see a potential comeback for him later, though.

Cosimo, The Demon-Touched Slaver
Appearance said:

This was a simple contest, coming down between a Demon-Touched noble, and a Demon-Touched Merchant. The Demon-Touched Noble, however, edged out with a better portrayal and overall understanding of the Free Holds, in spite of the Demon-Touched Slaver’s interesting individual contribution of a well educated Slaver to the group dynamic. Given some character bleed-off, should we arrive to the Free Holds, it may be interesting for him to make a guest appearance even if there’s no space to incorporate him fully.

Cluad, The Dwarvish Navigator
Appearance said:

Cluad brings with him the mindset of a navigator, and that could be advantageous... On the other hand, it’s difficult to say what role he would play in the group. As such, with others having a more clearly defined personality—even though I want to give this navigator a try—there are others I can more readily grasp in a group. That being said, were there no competition for slots, I would happily accept this character.

Kerat, The Orc Mercenary
Appearance said:
orc_by_saadirfan-d5tk5hm.jpg

Kerat is enormous compared to most other mortal races. He stands at an even nine feet in height and weighs over a quarter ton. His piercings and jewelry are various trophies from enemies he slew, and his skin is covered in a multitude of scars.

The Orcish Mercenary is a fairly straightforward choice on the field of candidates. So why not pick him? Well, Grothnor is in The Last Bastion (so I’m not afraid of depriving him entirely from my role plays), and out of the available choices, his interaction potential with others is generally flat. He is an Orc Mercenary, and cares little ideals or emotions—just money. While this is an awesome character that I hope will return later down the line, he just doesn’t quite manage to take a spot away from the other approved Free Holders.

Vath, The Studious Transmutator
Appearance said:

A person who can transmute different kinds of materials is an interesting take on magic, but it’s unfortunately one that renders a lot of the other mages into the “not nearly as flexible yet equally powerful” category. As a guest appearance, he could play an interesting role in an escape scene, or something similar, but outside of this, he frustratingly fights for a purpose with another character as a mage who seeks to create a place for mages. Better luck next time, my friend—you had an interesting idea here, Vath may yet appear later in the story.

Roland, The Lone Soldier
Appearance said:
6'2" tall, with a toned physique on a very stocky frame. Short brown hair, a large burn scar over his left eye, which is always covered in an eyepatch. Various other scars cover his body, though the burn mark is the most striking. A neatly trimmed beard covers his face, only maintained through force of habit. His right eye has a deep blue iris.

Roland is an Ex-Templar, though he overlaps with others attempting the same role. Roland is an ex-soldier with emotional scars, but that, too, overlaps with others attempting the same role. In the end, Roland is undone from a simple lack of any other characteristics—he does a couple of things very well, but little else. Should we need to recruit players while swinging through Rheinfeld though, and I’ll be sure to give you call.

Duluk, The Orc Scholar
Appearance said:
dea11d81ceaabf500b4d2dd18c034b8c.jpg

Duluk's skin is a lighter shade of Green, and although his hair does naturally go down to his shoulders he often ties it up into a bun if for nothing more than to easily maintain it and keep it out of his face. Likewise when he can help it he'll be freshly shaved, but when he cannot he will simply tie his beard into braids. He stands at 8'3" and weighs in at about 310 lb, with some muscle developed from constant travelling, but it pales in comparison to those who are used to heavy labour or front-line combat. He'll also often be wearing a pair of rivet spectacles, mainly when needing to read something.

Ah, fuck, this was a good one. An Orc Scholar, who seeks to defy his own race’s tendencies toward violence and keep himself calm. This is another one that wound up on the “deeply considered for GM Interventionism” list. If Legend of Renalta recruits again, keep an eye out—Duluk would be a welcome addition to the party.

Dagra, The Half Orc Knight
Appearance said:

Read Kalemn’s entry below—it’s a two in one.

Kalemn, The Fame Seeking Brigand
Appearance said:

Now I think is the part where a few people wrap a rope around my neck and lynch me. I understand why. So hear me out first, then lynch me. First, HerziQuerzi is in TLB, and is doing really well there with a fantastic character, so I’m not worried about eliminating him from my RP’s entirely. Second, Dagra overlaps with a lot of tank roles. Third, HerziQuerzi is someone I know I can eliminate now, and bring back later without fear of losing him—because he’s one of my most loyal players. In essence, he didn’t make it in because I trust him to be there when I need him, and he’s still got another role play of mine entirely to enjoy. Man, though, choosing to do this was... Hard. Really hard. Herzi, you beautiful motherfucker—I’m fairly sure everyone gets rejected from my role plays at least once, and brought back later. Isaac has been, Slade has been—it’s your turn now. Carry that badge with pride, and know that I’m doing this because I trust you enough to know that no matter what, you’ll come back. I’ll keep your chair warm for you with a ferret and order a pizza to celebrate the day you do get to come back.

Also, bring back Dagra later too. #HorcsCanBeKnights #Equality

A LoR IC post will come up later this week. Specific date yet to be determined at this time--it will depend on how work and university life cooperate.

Last edited:
For those interested, the Charbriefs are live with currently approved characters.

As always, let me know if there are any features or stats you'd like implemented, or corrections to be made. (I'm thinking of adding some functionality later that will be similar to the old trait search–something veterans may remember—but that will be character focused instead of trait-focused. It's pretty labour-intensive though, so don't get your hopes up too much.)

I've left the old roleplay's sheet up for reference. TLB will be live again in a couple days, I expect, I need only time to mourn with my brother.

As an exercise, as much for me as for anyone else, I like to tinker about with a character's 'First impressions' of an individual. As a rule, I generally base it on first meetings, and maybe very light 'rumour mill' stuff (I.e. "Have you heard? Sisera is over 800 years old!") Stuff that'd be quickly passed around. y'know? Anyhow, this post will grow throughout the RP, or be repeated elsewhere as opinions change. Generally I write a new one after any major story shift (A new chapter, etc.)

((Additional Key -

Overarching Key-Note: All opinions and impressions are open to interpretation, and are the character viewing the character. I respect everyone enough to highlight that, and want to make it obvious that no one is forced to do anything because my character thinks of them in a certain way. Sometimes, the most fun interactions come at the defiance of a first impression.

Attraction as this refers to is nearly always more lust than love. He or she finds the character appealing, and intriguing enough to consider pursuing on first impression alone. Depending on interactions, previously unmentioned figures could become romance options, and previously mentioned romance options might remove themselves from the race,as it were. Rheanna is a polyamorous figure, as befits her culture. She doesn't much care for relationships, or marriage, or anything of that ilk.

Infatuation, much like attraction, is an early indication of who the character might be attracted to. Unlike Rheanna, Jaquaar is looking for a more typical, monogamous relationship, and approves of certain qualities above others.

Companionship mostly refers to close friendship, as opposed to romantic pursuits.

Jaquaar's opinions!

Armerza, The Dwarven Strongwoman – “Wow, you’re uh…You’re not what I expected. I didn’t know dwarf women had such big…personalities. If you need any help shaving…shaving off some tension training; give me a shout I guess.” [Confused, Curious, mildly put off by how odd she is.]

Bjorn, The Rheinfelder Ex-Templar Noble – “I don’t like the way your eyes dart around so much. I’ve seen those eyes before; eyes that are looking for weakness, and reasons to hate.” [Untrusting, uncomfortable around Anti-Magic.]

Cináed, The Angel-Touched Loyalist – “Well, you seem like a nice fellow. It’s always nice to have a healer on hand, and it’s soothing to have someone so serene on our sides, you know?” [Curious, initially Trusting (Brought about by Angel-Touched heritage)]

Dean, The Brash Apprentice – “Thank the seas! Someone else who is normal. I hope we can be friends, you seem like decent people.” [Curious, pegged as a potential companion.]

Faolan, The Cursed Wolf – “Who’s a cute doggy? Who’s a good doggy? You are! Yes you are! Want some jerky, doggy?” [Oblivious.]

Fischer, The Bourgeois Mercenary – “I think you would get on well with my father; both men of war, able to survive in the freeholds, but willing to do things differently. Hopefully, you have his integrity… A pudore carent qui judicium ejus estis. (A shame you lack his judgement.) [Neutral, curious.]

Jaquaar, The Pirate Future Seeker – “Never a more dashing rogue has sailed the seas than he! …I should write that down, it has a ring to it!” [Self-confident, self-assured.]

Kasienka, The Motherly Elven Healer – “No, really; I don’t need you to wipe my face. Seriously, my clothes are fine, I washed them earl- Please! I don’t have any wounds!” [Friendly-to-Neutral]

Kosuke, The Misogynistic Kitsune Duellist – “What fool race would disavow half of their people because of how many tails they have? A man should be judged on actions, not birth!...A woman too!” – [Uncomfortable, Untrusting, rejects his misogynistic ways due to his backstory and the meritocratic norms of the Free Holds]

Lady Catrin, The Pyromantic Manipulator – “W…well. Hello madam. I am Jaquaar Iqbal-Moineau. Scourge of the Free Holds coast and heir to the Liverian house of Moineau.” [Nervous, Curious, mildly-infatuated by.]

Lady Cerise, The Demon-Touched Princess – “Your house no doubts keeps slaves, and slaves are the bane that will drag the Free Holds under the sands! Could you maybe consider freeing them please? You’re far too pre- uh, pre-intelligent to not realise that, surely!” [Distrusting, Curious, mildly-infatuated by.]

Ludvig, The Undead Guardian – “Seven Hells! You’re an ugly blighter! Oh, you’re on our side? Oh, um…My apologies, I’m not used to friendly undead. They normally, well, eat people and such… Is it hot in here?” [Curious, Nervous, Intimidated by.]

Oswald, The Ex-Templar Veteran – “You are…very, very big. What’s that? You use Anti-Magic too? Huh. I uh, hope you don’t mind but I’m going to stand waaaaay over there.” [Nervous, doubly so due to Anti-magic, Intimidated by.]

Quirin, The Lonely Summoner – “Hello there, friend. I hope you don’t mind if I…Oh, you’d rather be alone? Well, alright then, I suppose. Hmm. Uh, don’t be afraid to call on me, I suppose.” [Curious, Friendly-to-Neutral]

Rheanna, The Amazonian Warrior – “I always thought your people were a myth, made up by the Slavers. Why are you scowling at me? Why are you drawing your ax-I should leave; bye!” [Curious, Intimidated by]

Sabre, The Ex Slave Spellfencer – “You once bore a heavy cross, my friend. One day, I hope we can see our homeland free of the blight that took your wife away from you.” [Sympathetic.]

Sisera, The Final Steward of Renalta – “You look sad, friend. Can I offer you a drink? Wait, you’re how old? Perhaps two drinks, then.” [Curious, Sympathetic.]

Tahlia, The Young Druid – “You look like you need a friend, pretty lady. Is the dog yours? He’s very handsome. Very intelligent eyes.” [Curious, Friendly]

Princess Kouri of Renalta – “Wow, you’re prettier than the dreams…Not that I dreamed about you…Well I mean, I did, but it was a vision; I’d never met you and, well um…Seven Hells; this is going poorly.” [Nervous, Curious, Friendly, Mildly infatuated by.]

Mikan, the Religious Rogue – “You know, all of the stories I’ve been told tell me that Rheinfelders have a stick up their ass. Glad to see that the stories aren’t all true.” [Curious, Friendly]

Marcus, the Devil-Touched Warrior “You are…very serious, aren’t you? What, me? Train with a sword? I’m afraid I won’t be very talented and…why are you giving me that look?” [Neutral]

Hanus, the Noble Dark-Elf Vampire – “You are a…very scary man, aren’t you? I suppose I’m mostly just glad you are on our side.” [Neutral, intimidated by.]

James, The Uncanny Illusionist – “Perfection is a hell of a goal to ascribe to, but there are certainly worse! Your bird keeps looking at me, should I be worried?” [Curious, mildly-intimidated by, friendly]

Kaiser, The Caesar amongst hounds – “By the Oceans, you’re even more handsome than the other dog! Who wants a treat? Do you want a treat? Good boy.” [Likes dogs.]

Rheanna's Opinions

Armerza, The Dwarven Strongwoman – “A worthy woman indeed! Lose the facial hair, and I’d welcome you by my side any time; on or off the battlefield.” [Friendly, Sees as a worthy Companion]

Bjorn, The Rheinfelder Ex-Templar Noble – “Are you so scared of an empowered woman, little man? Why should we shackle ourselves to your ideas of sexuality. Vróma (Filth) [Unfriendly, Sees as a lesser.]

Cináed, The Angel-Touched Loyalist – “You are a strange man. You have useful magics indeed. I am not sure an incompetent should be trusted with fire, though. Still, you’d make a fine father, someday. [Neutral, doesn’t respect him, but respects his healing magic, mildly attracted to.]

Dean, The Brash Apprentice – “Stay out of my way, and we’ll have no problems here, boy.” [Doesn’t respect, doesn’t acknowledge.]

Faolan, The Cursed Wolf – “A mighty beast, but perhaps something more?” [Curious, unaware.]

Fischer, The Bourgeois Mercenary – “A man who judges worth on useless coin. Typikós Misthofóros (Typical Mercenary) [Doesn’t respect, Unfriendly]

Jaquaar, The Pirate Future Seeker – “Just another Free Holder who talks too much.” [Unfriendly, doesn’t respect.]

Kasienka, The Motherly Elven Healer – “You are a fine Shaman, pretty as well. Much prettier than your Woadanow kin! If ever the Dark Elf bores you, visit my tent.” [Respects, sees her as a worthy companion.]

Kosuke, The Misogynistic Kitsune Duellist – “If half of what I hear is true about your kind, I will be sure to rip all seven of your tails of the moment you wag your tongue at me, Vróma. (Filth).” [Disdainful, would happily murder, sees as a lesser.]

Lady Catrin, The Pyromantic Manipulator – “You are a strange creature, aren’t you? Pretty, and talented as you are; you seek to judge your worth by coin and a man’s approval? Such wastes! [Curious, mildly attracted to, neutral]

Lady Cerise, The Demon-Touched Princess – “Your Free Holds attack my people, but perhaps If you were in charge; we could form a more…pleasant arrangement together.” [Curious, attracted to, Wary of.]

Ludvig, The Undead Guardian – “A strange monster. You have failed the Vasílissa (Queen) before, what is to stop you failing her again? You are, after all, but a man.” [Dismissive of, Does not respect]

Oswald, The Ex-Templar Veteran – “You are tall, but you lack any other worthwhile quality. I would break you in five minutes.” [Dismissive of, Does not respect.]

Quirin, The Lonely Summoner – “Go back to your books, little man. Send me your summons, and I will talk with the things that matter.” [Dismissive of, Does not respect.]

Rheanna, The Amazonian Warrior – “To taxídi eínai schedón páno. (The Journey is nearly over.)

Sabre, The Ex Slave Spellfencer – “I know of the cruelty of your lands; You should go seek happiness... Elsewhere.” [Dismissive, but sympathetic.]

Sisera, The Final Steward of Renalta – “You wear your scars well enough, advisor. Few here would survive what you endured.” [Sympathetic, offers a begrudging respect.]

Tahlia, The Young Druid – “A pretty face; but I am curious what your relation is with the Wolf? It seems different than mine and Zephyrs.” [Curious.]

Princess Kouri of Renalta – “A noble Vasílissa (Queen) and a powerful Mágos (Sorcerer). I will serve you, and find glory at your side!” [Respects, Curious, Friendly.]

Mikan, the Religious Rogue – “A pretty creature who reminds me of home. I would hunt with you, whatever the prey.” [Friendly, attracted to.]

Marcus, the Devil-Touched Warrior “You are…curious. I would battle you, to know more.” [Curious, intrigued by, Mildly attracted to?]

Hanus, the Noble Dark-Elf Vampire – “A worthy enough hunter.” [Offers respect, mildly curious.]

James, The Uncanny Illusionist – “Your gaze disquiets me, mage.” [Distrusting, Unsure of.]

Kaiser, The Caesar amongst hounds – “A handsome beast, for sure.” [Likes dogs, and animals in general.]

Last edited:
Hey, I remember doing stuff like that...We waited until after characters started interacting, but still...

You waited too long. Obviously. Besides he's going for first impressions and we're all starting at a Compound where we would have made impressions

As in they all just got there, and are waiting? Because if so, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of them talked to each other. Besides, I was just talking about what it reminded me of.

Here's Cerise's first impressions of the other characters :D

(In more or less the order they are in the accepted list)
Saber, The Ex Slave Spellfencer

"Well, it's a shame others treat their property so poorly, and I suppose that's nice he was able to break free," Cerise offers a shrug, "Slaves are livestock for work. You don't whip your horses and oxen for amusement, do you?"

Tahlia, The Young Druid
"Filthy, and reeks of beast, but otherwise seems like a nice enough girl."

Faolan, The Cursed Wolf
"Very sweet dog. Exceptionally smart too, but it needs to be bathed some more."

Dean, The Brash Apprentice
"Adventurer, highwayman, thug for corrupt lords and on trial for a list of crimes longer than his vocabulary," the demon-touched crossed her arms, "How charming."

Kasienka, The Motherly Elven Healer
"Not inherently bad, but will likely be irritating. If I needed family to coddle me, I'd stay at the castle and groom myself for marriage."

Lady Catrin, The Pyromantic Manipulator
She smirks and chuckles to herself. "I swear, she must just be an inferior attempt to recreate me, right? Is Ebonhold's success that fashionable?"

Cináed, The Angel-Touched Loyalist
Cerise lets out a long, labored sigh, the very tip of her tail flicking back and forth impatiently. "I don't know where to start. Sheltered in his perfect little life, brainwashed to follow the Renaltan faith so blindly, and now wants to follow the princess like some duckling. He's also one of them. Makes me sick."

Quirin, The Lonely Summoner
The princess raises an eyebrow, "If the boy's so damn intent on being lonely, why does he insist on coming with us? It's a chore to even attempt conversation."

Sisera, The Final Steward of Renalta
"Eh?" the scion perks up slightly, actually seeming interested this time. "Was he really around during the days of Renalta, and remembers it? That's incredible."

Ludvig, The Undead Guardian
"Yet another fossil from the height of Renalta. I'm really not sure if I want to congratulate or pity him for seeing this day. I refuse to let him touch me though,"Cerise retches somewhat, "that body of his is vile."

Jaquaar, The Pirate Future Seeker

"I've had men like you on pikes at our castle's gates," Cerise spits on the ground.

Rheanna, The Amazonian Warrior

"Finally, another woman that appreciates the art of war," Cerise grins and flexes one of her toned arms, definite and sizeable muscles showing through, "albeit, she also smells awful, and is duller than a mallet. I might try to alleviate some of those problems myself."

Bjorn, The Rheinfelder Ex-Templar Noble
"Next you're going to tell me he hates those with infernal blood, too, aren't you?" The sorceress rests her chin on her fist. "Those new to nobility are so eager to tout their superiority. He needs to learn some respect."

Fischer, The Bourgeois Mercenary

"Wait, that dolt is bourgeois? Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooood, kill me now."

Kosuke, The Misogynistic Kitsune Duelist
"Come on, and the wannabe-rich man brought one of those fox-people along? There's a reason they're so backwards, savage and base. Wait, he's apparently royalty over there. Wow. King of a bunch of tribal dogs, how impressive."

Armerza, The Dwarven Strongwoman
"Small, ugly, smelly, drunkard, brute, poor at magic but skilled with an axe, foolishly brave at times. Sounds like a pretty standard dwarf to me."

Oswald, The Ex-Templar Veteran
"He's always angry about everything, it's hard to take him seriously. When you're always so furious with everyone, people stop caring that you're upset, you know? He made the right choice by leaving the Templars though, so I'll give him that."

coming soon

Last edited:
Back