New User The Mage's Tower

Mage

Hello! Call me Mage.

I’ve been roleplaying for over twenty years now.

Gonna step back and review that a moment......God, I feel old.

Anyway, I started in yahoo, back in the days of Ayenee and the user created chat rooms. I’ve been participating in play by post forum roleplays since 2002. I live in North Carolina, operate on Eastern Standard Time, and tend to do most of my writing at some ungodly hour of the morning.

~Code of Conduct~​

Format: I’m not really sure what to tell you about my writing style. In short, I tend to be wordy. It's not a preference, it's just how I am. Otherwise, my tastes lean more towards quality over quantity.
Activity: I’m almost always around in some form. I have Hangouts on my phone, and my phone is rarely out of reach. Plotting and planning are usually pretty easy for me, but my time to actually sit down and write out a post is often limited, and it may take me a few days to work up a good response.
Platforms: I prefer to work either in the forum, or on google docs. I’m not opposed to writing or roleplaying real time in chat, but it’s been so long since I did anything like that, I’m sure it would be a mess.

~Cravings~​

Dinosaurs (I seriously want to do something with dinosaurs)
Preferred Genres: Fantasy (All types), Scifi, Thriller/Suspense, Supernatural Horror

~Bitter Taste~​

Not fan of Smut, Romance, or Slice-of-Life
Honestly, romantic story-lines make me uncomfortable. If a romantic connection forms naturally between characters, I’m all for it, but I don’t approach a story with that objective in mind.
Also not a fan of gore or senseless violence. A visceral scene meant to convey a point or emotion to the reader is one thing, but writing something disgusting for pure shock value is a no go.

~Characters~​

I play older male characters the majority of the time. It’s comfortable, and I feel that a character with a few years under their belt is both more interesting, and more believable, than some young gun prodigy. I also enjoy writing supporting characters. I don’t have to be front and center in a story. I personally feel that characters placed to help the hero along the way tend to be more intriguing than the hero's themselves.
While I lean towards male characters, I’m not opposed to playing a woman. I thoroughly enjoy it, actually.
If given the choice to write something other than human, I almost always do so.

~Last Thoughts~​

I'm incredibly excited to be here, and look forward to exploring this site more. What I have seen so far looks amazing, and I want to thank you in advance for having me.

Welcolme to the Circle!

Yay! Dinosaurs!

Also interesting to come across another who is comfortable with older, male characters. Most of my characters are male, usually 30 or more.

Hope you have fun!

Hello Mage, welcome to STC! I'm glad you're eager to roleplay, but there are a few steps that you need to follow in order to do so. Luckily our Site Rules and Account Approval Guide are here to help out newcomers. And if you have any questions, we're here to help!

Hey there! Great to have you on board. We've had quite a few people join recently that are more 1x1 minded and I imagine based on what you've written that you would also be more 1x1 minded. What do you think is your favorite personality trait in a male, or female character? You can answer this for both if you like.

Thank you all!

I actually have more experience in group roleplays, but I have found lately, given my work schedule and home life, that 1x1's are easier to keep up with.

That's an interesting question, and I'll admit that before now, I haven't really given it a lot of thought. Now that I am thinking about it, I'm having trouble nailing down an answer. This is something I believe I will have to revisit.

Hey there. Just popping in to let you know that we have approved your account. You should have access to all of the roleplay areas of the forum now :)

Hey Mage! Good to see someone else from the bygone era of Ayenee.

Have you always played older characters, or have you found that your characters have aged with you? My characters have always been older than me by at least a few years, and I find now that I'm in my 30s I do lean more towards characters in their 30s or older, unless I'm in a situation where it would be more interesting to have a younger, less experienced version of a character put into the scenario.

Back